What the 2012 election taught us

Nov 6, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 10,324

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5107 Dec 5, 2012
Liberals r jealous wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you are one of the Obama victims that want to punnish people that are successful?
when that "Other People's Money" is all gone then what?
Horsepoop, sir or madam.

Location hidden

#5108 Dec 5, 2012
lakerbuff wrote:
Old rules of divide and conquer. While we fight amongst each other about what corrupt politician is better than the other, they sit and share a good laugh at our expense while they both work for the same agenda! Wake the f$#k up!!!!
If you believe there are no differences between political parties, you probably think d'Antoni and Phil Jackson would get the same results.
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#5109 Dec 5, 2012
the reality of a dying economy

Obama's Victims: List of Closed Businesses & Layoffs

http://liberty.com/content/obamas-victims-lis...
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#5110 Dec 5, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with the so-called "New Left" in this country. I am part of it, proudly so.
March to the beat of an Obama victim much do ya

Location hidden

#5111 Dec 5, 2012
Liberals r jealous wrote:
<quoted text>
March to the beat of an Obama victim much do ya
Write again when you can walk upright.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5112 Dec 5, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with the so-called "New Left" in this country. I am part of it, proudly so.
I wouldnt be.

Location hidden

#5113 Dec 5, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldnt be.
I can live with that.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5114 Dec 5, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try the 2000 election result - wonder who was governor of the crucial state in that one?
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html
Gustafson wasn't talking about the 2000 election, he was talking 2004, Kerry vs. Bush.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#5115 Dec 5, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>and if we give you a few more minutes, maybe you can work Obama into this?
It is liberalism, stupid, and Obama is their leader!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#5116 Dec 5, 2012
Let's pay people not to work!!!

Welfare creates poverty, but liberals will never realize that!!!

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.(Alexander Tytler)

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#5117 Dec 5, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
It is liberalism, stupid, and Obama is their leader!!!
yes hypocrite liberals

As a Senator, President Obama Voted against Aid for Hurricane Katrina Victims
http://the-american-journal.com/obama-lied-vo...

Location hidden

#5118 Dec 5, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.(Alexander Tytler)
From courage to liberty;
we do that right now with Farmers by paying some not to do or produce nothing, why do you think politicians like Michele Bachmann own Farms.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5119 Dec 5, 2012
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative's Obama Derangement Syndrome up 1,000 percent since Nov. 6th 2012.
Typical ignorant neo-prog - when confronted with an embarrassing fact, fire off a lame insult.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5120 Dec 5, 2012
Hypnotic Phantom wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative's Obama Derangement Syndrome up 1,000 percent since Nov. 6th 2012.
Typical ignorant Neo-Prog...when confronted with an embarrassing fact, fire off a lame insult.
Hibernian

Cromwell, CT

#5121 Dec 5, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Let's see if you're still proud when this so-called "New Left" progressive party is finally exposed as the bunch of thieving, wealth-redistributing, Marxists this country had to be saved from.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#5124 Dec 6, 2012
Hibernian wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if you're still proud when this so-called "New Left" progressive party is finally exposed as the bunch of thieving, wealth-redistributing, Marxists this country had to be saved from.
I wouldnt call them Marxist because the New Left rejected involvement with the labor movement and of Marxism's historical theory of class struggle besides Abandoning the Marxist goals of educating the Working Class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Left

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Bournemouth, UK

#5125 Dec 6, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
RIP Dave Brubeck, a true master.
Take Five, my man.
Something we can agree on - one of the first pieces I ever played in a jazz band. He had a good innings at 91.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Bournemouth, UK

#5126 Dec 6, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Perhaps because there isn't a Left in the USA, New or Old? Whatever the tea party (whoever they may be?) wants to claim, Obama is centre. Recently, the Democrats have undercut the Republicans' traditional ground by moving to the centre of politics, thus forcing the Republicans towards the right. This in turn has reduced their power base. Unless they learn this lesson, they will be in for a torrid time in US politics.
Some Random Dude

Santa Cruz, CA

#5127 Dec 6, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
From courage to liberty;
I'm a democrat and I don't think you are and we probably disagree on a lot of things political. However, I agree with this post in a lot of ways. There are a lot of people in this country (and the world in general) that are apathetic and have a severely over-inflated sense of entitlement. Their actions (or lack thereof) are contributing the lion's share to our problems. Lest we forget though, that a good portion of them are not on the lower end of the income scale; rather the upper. More "money for nothing" goes to the wealthy than to the poor.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5128 Dec 6, 2012
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I might agree that for some, they don't put much effort in, because they don't see any path. When they observe others who have been putting in tons of effort, working for decades and still haven't gotten anywhere, they keep looking, but won't work for the A$$. When there is no opportunity, they might keep looking for decades. After a time, one might accuse them of not trying. As for me, regardless of whether or not you see them as lazy or simply uninspired, the presentation of opportunity takes care of the issue.
When opportunity is provided, then either they take the work, or get left behind. When jobs are available, then they have opportunity. When it is possible to start up your own company, then they have opportunity.
What I am really asking for is bringing back opportunity. This is a nation of great innovation, which is being completely shut down by lack of opportunity. I don't care how great your product is, it is almost impossible to get it to market. The large corporations, thru lobbyists have rewritten the laws, to make start ups almost impossible; so that the corporations never have any competition.
I just cannot believe that communist China is the world's best economic model. Unleash our opportunity and the US will regain the lead. Unleash the innovation and there will be plenty of opportunity.
I believe for many that no matter the opportunity that they want to work harder at finding a way not to work than getting out there and actually working.

Unions are a big part of manufacturing loss (opportunity). A business has to stay competitive if they want to stay in business. Look at the big 3, can't pay $70 some an hour and stay alive when your competition is paying $40 some an hour.

I agree that it should be much easier to start up a new business. Small business is what drives our economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,124,619
Obama wants an election about the economy, not him 4 min Aprilvue 467
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min DanFromSmithville 120,650
Ebola commentary desperately needs clarification 6 min OccupyThis 32
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Even Steven 269,344
Dems want White House shakeup 7 min TEA 165
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Who 47,477
GOP types accused of 'thinly-veiled racism' for... 45 min Bee Eff Dee 133

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE