After bungled execution, US lawmakers...

After bungled execution, US lawmakers say there is no political will to abandon death penalty

There are 26 comments on the Nanaimo Daily News story from May 3, 2014, titled After bungled execution, US lawmakers say there is no political will to abandon death penalty. In it, Nanaimo Daily News reports that:

A bungled execution in Oklahoma in which the condemned prisoner writhed and moaned as he received a lethal injection outraged death-penalty opponents, invited court challenges and attracted worldwide attention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nanaimo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#1 May 3, 2014
If you believe in justice then impeach the politicians and judges that dont.Otherwise we will become like Norway who recently sentenced a mass killer of 77 people to the ridiculously pathetic "punishment" of 25 years-about three years per life.
sterkfontein Swartkrans

Warrington, PA

#2 May 3, 2014
Not only that but Norwegian prisons are very comfortable compared to American prisons. The mass murderer will lead a comfortable life while serving his sentence. It should be noted that most violent crimes in Norway are committed by muslim immigrants.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 May 3, 2014
sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
Not only that but Norwegian prisons are very comfortable compared to American prisons. The mass murderer will lead a comfortable life while serving his sentence. It should be noted that most violent crimes in Norway are committed by muslim immigrants.
and most of the violent crimes here are committed by ...?
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#4 May 3, 2014
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
and most of the violent crimes here are committed by ...?
Excellent.
lamer

Hamilton, OH

#5 May 3, 2014
radiofreeamerica wrote:
If you believe in justice then impeach the politicians and judges that dont.Otherwise we will become like Norway who recently sentenced a mass killer of 77 people to the ridiculously pathetic "punishment" of 25 years-about three years per life.
You should learn swedish law before you ignorantly comment on it. That is the max sentence in sweden that can be handed down at 1 time, and once that time is up, he will most likely be given another 25 years. That assclown isnt going anywhere the rest of his life.

As for the topic at hand, the supreme court ruled on a very specific brand of drugs to be allowed in executions. Zero states are currently following those guideline as some of those drugs are not available in the US any more. Also, OK has no policy in place for when an execution goes wrong like here. There is a very strong legal argument currently whether this drug cocktail or lack of procedures is even legal federally.

Im sure congress and the courts will be moving on this once these issues become more known.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#6 May 3, 2014
lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn swedish law before you ignorantly comment on it. That is the max sentence in sweden that can be handed down at 1 time, and once that time is up, he will most likely be given another 25 years. That assclown isnt going anywhere the rest of his life.
As for the topic at hand, the supreme court ruled on a very specific brand of drugs to be allowed in executions. Zero states are currently following those guideline as some of those drugs are not available in the US any more. Also, OK has no policy in place for when an execution goes wrong like here. There is a very strong legal argument currently whether this drug cocktail or lack of procedures is even legal federally.
Im sure congress and the courts will be moving on this once these issues become more known.
A firing squad only takes a few seconds and not much pain involved.

I sure would like the SC to hear this case now. I think this execution will die off (excuse the pun) quickly and the anti-death penalty people will be back on page D-3 where they belong. Not many people cared that this animal suffered in the least bit.
oh the crying liberals

United States

#7 May 3, 2014
Goodness, a scum-bag murderer who critically wounded a woman and then help bury her alive had a bad last day as a predator!

Ok, so next time just shoot the murdering azhole in the head. Problem solved.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#8 May 3, 2014
oh the crying liberals wrote:
Goodness, a scum-bag murderer who critically wounded a woman and then help bury her alive had a bad last day as a predator!
Ok, so next time just shoot the murdering azhole in the head. Problem solved.
Agreed. Over here we just celebrated the first anniversary of three women who were freed after being held in captivity for over a decade. They were raped repeatedly, beaten, and undergone brutal violent abortions. Their kidnapper decided to hang himself in jail because he obviously couldn't suffer being locked up against his will. Go figure.

The corrections officers that did not check his cell frequently enough were investigated and disciplined. I say they should have gotten a medal and promoted.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#9 May 3, 2014
lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn swedish law before you ignorantly comment on it. That is the max sentence in sweden that can be handed down at 1 time, and once that time is up, he will most likely be given another 25 years. That assclown isnt going anywhere the rest of his life.
As for the topic at hand, the supreme court ruled on a very specific brand of drugs to be allowed in executions. Zero states are currently following those guideline as some of those drugs are not available in the US any more. Also, OK has no policy in place for when an execution goes wrong like here. There is a very strong legal argument currently whether this drug cocktail or lack of procedures is even legal federally.
Im sure congress and the courts will be moving on this once these issues become more known.
This mass murder was in Norway.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#10 May 4, 2014
Following the Constitution has proven too difficult for mattress mary and the okie legislative cocktail mixers.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#11 May 4, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
Following the Constitution has proven too difficult for mattress mary and the okie legislative cocktail mixers.
but it's not for your messiah?????
you really don't have a clue, do you...

of course you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be posting idiocy...
are you related to that retard that thinks he's a marine?
TedsLiver

Los Osos, CA

#12 May 4, 2014
I guess the women this guy murdered and buired felt no pain.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#13 May 4, 2014
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
but it's not for your messiah?????
you really don't have a clue, do you...
of course you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be posting idiocy...
are you related to that retard that thinks he's a marine?
CArEyboy, tell us those violations and when the impeachment hearings start? LMAO.
4 posts removed
river green

Whiting, IN

#18 May 5, 2014
Is this really all that complicated? Bullets would have done the job just fine.

Yes, executions should be efficient and quick. But that SOB mortally wounded a poor girl then buried her alive. They say his death went "wrong". That's probably true.(Or maybe God so hated that piece of crap He decided to let him die slowly like his victim did. Who knows?) I'd say justice was served, but let's do it better next time. This is certainly not a reason to let the other aminals awaiting execution have a free pass.

I've also heard that some death penalty opponents encourage the inmate they protect to pork up in order to make it harder to find their veins. Seems like they have some " splainin' " to do for their part in this.
river green

Whiting, IN

#19 May 5, 2014
oh the crying liberals wrote:
Goodness, a scum-bag murderer who critically wounded a woman and then help bury her alive had a bad last day as a predator!
Ok, so next time just shoot the murdering azhole in the head. Problem solved.
Agree! Anyone who cried over his fate needs to think about what he did to that girl, then stifle those tears and have some respect for the REAL victim in the tragedy. Liberal posers should be ashamed that she'd been overlooked.
2 posts removed
trollbaiter

Newark, OH

#22 May 5, 2014
Death penalty is like gun "rights," no courage in Washington to end the killing. And a nation of gutless, violence-loving sheep lap it up like vomit.

Disgusting. What a worthless country we've become.
trollbaiter

Newark, OH

#23 May 5, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Bungled? I'd say it went rather well.
.
Now the hard part.
.
Duplicating it every time.
You go first.
1 post removed
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#25 May 5, 2014
trollbaiter wrote:
Death penalty is like gun "rights," no courage in Washington to end the killing. And a nation of gutless, violence-loving sheep lap it up like vomit.
Disgusting. What a worthless country we've become.
We are worthless..... and not because of guns and the death penalty, it's because of who the dupes elected as President.

Now we are even more broke, have a much weaker military, have a failed partial social medical care system that most Americans don't want, have record numbers of people in poverty and government dependent, and even witnessing the rebuilding of the Soviet Union.

That's why we are worthless.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#26 May 5, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Bungled? I'd say it went rather well.
.
Now the hard part.
.
Duplicating it every time.
Correct. If it were bungled, it would mean that animal would still be alive today.
2 posts removed
trollbaiter

Newark, OH

#29 May 7, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We are worthless..... and not because of guns and the death penalty, it's because of who the dupes elected as President.
Now we are even more broke, have a much weaker military, have a failed partial social medical care system that most Americans don't want, have record numbers of people in poverty and government dependent, and even witnessing the rebuilding of the Soviet Union.
That's why we are worthless.
If only any of those things were true. Other than poverty, which is mostly the fault of reTHUGlicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 270,336
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 10 min Wall specialist 424
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 11 min Mexico Farter 156
News Barack Obama charms golfing crowds during round... 12 min Cordwainer Trout 12
News Report claims Valerie Jarrett leaked Clinton's ... (Mar '15) 17 min Soros King Maker 12
News Obama given rock star welcome in Berlin 22 min Retribution 88
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 22 min Pope Closet Emeritus 25,637
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min Russian Amb Grope... 2,630
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Ms Sassy 1,535,921
News James Comey fired as FBI director 5 hr UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,781
More from around the web