Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach

Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach

There are 2840 comments on the ABC News story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Ohio Slipping Out Of Romney's Reach. In it, ABC News reports that:

OHIO NOW LEANS OBAMA: ABC News Political Director Amy Walter notes that today's New York Times-CBS News-Quinnipiac poll is the fourth non-partisan media poll in a row to show President Obama not only ahead by a significant margin, but at or above 50 percent of the vote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#640 Oct 13, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell did ya here that my state is losing 2000 folks a day? and What State am I in anyways?
Romney may be a successful business man as you claim.....but this Country ISN'T a Business and it can't be ran like one!!!
Just ask Ross Perot how that worked out for him.......lol!!
And things you post have been being stated for the last 40 years or so.......will they happen, possibly......but we don't know that, and with some sort of recovery actually happening......it would be hard, not impossible for Romney to win.....but we will have to wait and see!!!
A state is not a business either, but our Governor here in Ohio is moving things right along. Kaisch is a business person. He managed to wipe out our debt and lower our unemployment. Today on Google, there is a story about him reopening more factories in the state. There were environmental issues that prohibited the plant from reopening, so he worked with Ohio EPA to oversee the project from the federal EPA. Now some people will have a job to go to in the near future.

We can open up the Wall Street Journal and see thousands of successful private companies. How many successful government programs do we have? So yes, you can run a country like a business to some degree. You use the business model of eliminating waste, being more efficient with the money you do have, and lower your debts.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#641 Oct 13, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A state is not a business either, but our Governor here in Ohio is moving things right along. Kaisch is a business person. He managed to wipe out our debt and lower our unemployment. Today on Google, there is a story about him reopening more factories in the state. There were environmental issues that prohibited the plant from reopening, so he worked with Ohio EPA to oversee the project from the federal EPA. Now some people will have a job to go to in the near future.
We can open up the Wall Street Journal and see thousands of successful private companies. How many successful government programs do we have? So yes, you can run a country like a business to some degree. You use the business model of eliminating waste, being more efficient with the money you do have, and lower your debts.
Maybe it works like you claim, but not for a Country......sorry, just don't agree with ya!!!
chickpea

Seattle, WA

#642 Oct 13, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney tax reform will raise taxes on the middle class. Romney says eliminate loopholes and some tax deductions lower rates and "broaden the base". Broadening the base will raise taxes on the middle class while lowering taxes on the wealthy. It is what Romney does not say is what will hurt the middle class and that is why he has no specifics posted.
And if any one has a problem understanding that they need a comprehension class.
Like I say, it will be the very rich or the working poor left.
Obama is fighting for the middle class.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#643 Oct 13, 2012
chickpea wrote:
<quoted text>
And if any one has a problem understanding that they need a comprehension class.
Like I say, it will be the very rich or the working poor left.
Obama is fighting for the middle class.
Then why are we in the middle-class getting screwed by this guy?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#644 Oct 13, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XexUUU3HN70XX
woof
Or this could be Ryan. We need to investigate. ;-)

Crispin Glover interview 2003 - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch...
8 min - May 4, 2009 - Uploaded by lalarikyu
Crispin Glover interview 2003. lalarikyu. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe. Loading... 191 ...
Search for videos of Crispin Glover interview, 2003An Interview with Crispin Glover - IGN www.ign.com/articles/2003/03/12/an-interview-...
Mar 12, 2003 ... "I think I was really right for this role," says actor Crispin Hellion Glover, speaking at a recent roundtable interview in Los Angeles about his work ...

Location hidden

#645 Oct 13, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are we in the middle-class getting screwed by this guy?
Dispatches from the Bubble?

Location hidden

#646 Oct 13, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it works like you claim, but not for a Country......sorry, just don't agree with ya!!!
It is not because of Kasich that things are improving here in Ohio. Job gains and Unemployment Rate Drop is due to the revival of the Auto Industry and Steel, Tires, saved from China by Obama. 1 out of every 3 jobs here is related somehoe to the Auto Industry.
Those are the facts.

Location hidden

#647 Oct 13, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Dem Gov of Mantana, yes Montana leaving with 61% approval rating, and 8 terms of Balanced Budget.
We just need them to 'Get out of the way", Joe Biden.
1 post removed
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#649 Oct 13, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not because of Kasich that things are improving here in Ohio. Job gains and Unemployment Rate Drop is due to the revival of the Auto Industry and Steel, Tires, saved from China by Obama. 1 out of every 3 jobs here is related somehoe to the Auto Industry.
Those are the facts.
Sep 03, 2012
Obama mocks Kasich for ignoring auto bailout

President Obama couldn't resist talking today about the Republican convention speaker "who wasn't entirely on script."

No, not Clint Eastwood -- John Kasich, the governor of Ohio.

Most of the Republicans who spoke last week bemoaned the state of the economy and blamed him, Obama noted; but Kasich touted job creation in Ohio -- though he left out the part about the Obama administration's auto bailout.

"Now, I guess the theory was that it's all the governor's doing," Obama told members of the United Auto Workers in Toledo, Ohio. "But I think we need to refresh his memory -- because a lot of those jobs are autoworker jobs like yours."

Obama noted that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney opposed the bailout, and would have let Detroit carmakers go bankrupt.

In an interview last week with USA TODAY reporters and editors, Kasich said that of 122,300 jobs created in Ohio in recent years, only 1,200 are auto jobs.

While grateful for the stabilization of the car industry, Kasich that is not what is leading Ohio's economy.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theov...
mapleman

Netherlands

#650 Oct 13, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions are not a solution to a middle-class. All they really do is drive jobs away. Trust me, in my line of work, I've seen this multiple times.
I do worry about what our younger generations are going to do. Those good paying idiot jobs just aren't there anymore. I see several of my tenants struggling to make ends meet all the time. Frequently they are late with their rent. I try to do everything I can for them, but there is only so much I can do. I can't support them.
I think part of the problem is our kids don't want to work today. Every time they need a few bucks, parents just hand it over to them. When I was a kid, there were no jobs except paper delivery. Today, every fast food restaurant has help wanted signs in the window. Same goes for other service jobs in stores. Kids just don't want to work so they have no idea of what it's like to earn a buck. When they leave high school, they just assume jobs are out there waiting for them. They have no idea of what it takes to make enough money to live comfortably. If they did, I'm sure they would rather enroll in a trade school or college.
I also notice that these younger people feel there is no need to work past 40 hours per week. Hogwash. When I was younger, I remember having three jobs at times. A full time job, a job in the evening, and another job on the weekend if my full-time job was only five days a week. It seems these younger people don't have the drive to not only live comfortably, but have a little extra to put on the side.
I've shown how jobs are driven away without unions. All people have to do is ask for fair pay along with fair working conditions and jobs go. So why not blame people wanting fair compensation on jobs going away? That's what it comes down to. Stop using the union boogeyman. People ask for a fair wage and safe conditions; the rich cry foul and leave. They then search for a place where they can exploit people.

The "idiot" jobs that paid well are gone. The skilled jobs that pay well can't find enough competent people. Just because you graduated with a computer science degree, does not mean you are employable. I hate when I see computer science graduates crying about the lack of work. It's not the field; it's you. These companies are tripping over each other trying to fill $60,000 to $100,000+ positions and can't find the skilled workers. The problem? You have people who should be working "idiot" jobs trying to work "smart" jobs.

Without unions to give average people a bigger piece of the pie, the middle class as we know it is dead. For those of us with skills, we end up turning down recruiter after recruiter. We can call our own shots. Most aren't that lucky. Does that mean they should have to break their backs and be exploited? I say no. Most the people who built Maple Heights fall into the category of average. They were manual laborers who got fair pay for their work. Those days are gone. It seems people want to make it even worse with this blind stance of unions are evil. Most of the people I grew up with -- white and black -- were children of union workers. The workers were proud men who earned a fair wage for their labor.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#651 Oct 13, 2012
mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
I've shown how jobs are driven away without unions. All people have to do is ask for fair pay along with fair working conditions and jobs go. So why not blame people wanting fair compensation on jobs going away? That's what it comes down to. Stop using the union boogeyman. People ask for a fair wage and safe conditions; the rich cry foul and leave. They then search for a place where they can exploit people.
The "idiot" jobs that paid well are gone. The skilled jobs that pay well can't find enough competent people. Just because you graduated with a computer science degree, does not mean you are employable. I hate when I see computer science graduates crying about the lack of work. It's not the field; it's you. These companies are tripping over each other trying to fill $60,000 to $100,000+ positions and can't find the skilled workers. The problem? You have people who should be working "idiot" jobs trying to work "smart" jobs.
Without unions to give average people a bigger piece of the pie, the middle class as we know it is dead. For those of us with skills, we end up turning down recruiter after recruiter. We can call our own shots. Most aren't that lucky. Does that mean they should have to break their backs and be exploited? I say no. Most the people who built Maple Heights fall into the category of average. They were manual laborers who got fair pay for their work. Those days are gone. It seems people want to make it even worse with this blind stance of unions are evil. Most of the people I grew up with -- white and black -- were children of union workers. The workers were proud men who earned a fair wage for their labor.
So was my father, and he still is a big union guy. But he also realizes the danger of overpowering unions. Sure, he made a great living too and he busted hisass for it. But how many homes being built today are being constructed of brick? None of them unless you get out to Broadview-Brecksville where people have money to have brick (or partially brick) homes.

This isn't like we have a government who calls the shots whether we have unions or not. People make those choices and companies choose whether or not to keep their jobs here. Most have chosen the latter. So what do we do--force unions up their azzes? We don't do that in a free country.

What it boils down to is two choices: get rid of unions and government interference in our American companies, or the companies leave the country. There is no third choice. It's like what Rush said a few years ago when some liberals were asking for a boycott of some product made in a slave labor country. He asked "Is it better for those people to work for five dollars a day, or not work at all because we boycotted the product?"
nina

Clifton Park, NY

#652 Oct 13, 2012
Mittens wrote:
There are simply too many autoworkers in Ohio. The chickens are coming back to roost! I really wanted to see those autoworkers unemployed and auto manufacturing facilities and assets sold to the highest foreign bidder.
Perhaps I can still remain hopeful. I will appeal to those that love to suck up to the powerful. I will confine my campaign to appeal to the sycophants of the wealthiest. I will speak to the vanity of those that see themselves as a cut above their neighbors and colleagues.
I'm a member of an elite and vainglorious group.
We must win this election. The millionaires and billionaires of the world are depending on me to come through for them.
Half of America can go to hell!!
I will not betray my class.
I am Mittens. A man of wealth,taste,elegance and sometimes inelegance.
I am a Golden God!! Just look at my tan!!
I look forward to your continued support.
BRING ELEGANCE AND DAINTINESS TO THE WHITE HOUSE
VOTE FOR BISHOP ROMNEY AND PAUL "GILLIGAN" RYAN
What the heck.

Location hidden

#653 Oct 13, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sep 03, 2012
Obama mocks Kasich for ignoring auto bailout
President Obama couldn't resist talking today about the Republican convention speaker "who wasn't entirely on script."
No, not Clint Eastwood -- John Kasich, the governor of Ohio.
Most of the Republicans who spoke last week bemoaned the state of the economy and blamed him, Obama noted; but Kasich touted job creation in Ohio -- though he left out the part about the Obama administration's auto bailout.
"Now, I guess the theory was that it's all the governor's doing," Obama told members of the United Auto Workers in Toledo, Ohio. "But I think we need to refresh his memory -- because a lot of those jobs are autoworker jobs like yours."
Obama noted that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney opposed the bailout, and would have let Detroit carmakers go bankrupt.
In an interview last week with USA TODAY reporters and editors, Kasich said that of 122,300 jobs created in Ohio in recent years, only 1,200 are auto jobs.
While grateful for the stabilization of the car industry, Kasich that is not what is leading Ohio's economy.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theov...
Ohio 15th District ohio15th.blogspot.com/ - Similarto Ohio 15th District
4 hours ago ... They'd rather give our tax money to those corporately owned charter schools so that ... John Kasich tries to take credit for Ohio's job growth (of course, Kasich was against saving Ohio auto jobs through Obama's rescue plan).... discussion and tie the auto bailout to the loss of pensions for workers at Delphi,...

NPR.org » Ted Strickland Not Ready To Hand Ohio To Romney m.npr.org/news/U.S./161746149
Sep 25, 2012 ... HEADLEE: Well, you're referring to the video that was taken from a fundraiser ... I assume that you give President Obama credit for that, but what credit does ... The recovery in Ohio started well before Governor Kasich was elected.... that that has led to more jobs, and that's not connected to the auto bailout.

Energized Obama touts new jobs report in Virginia, Ohio – The ... whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/05/energized... ...
Oct 5, 2012 ... President Obama greets well-wishers upon arrival at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport in Cleveland,.... Obama deserves a shot to finish the job..... EVEN KASICH IS NOT STUPID ENOUGH NOT TO ADMIT TO THAT.... That the auto bailout saved Ohio's economy, you also gave the credit to Obama.
drink The hIvE

New York, NY

#654 Oct 13, 2012
Silence Is A Virtue...

&fe ature=related
chickpea

Seattle, WA

#655 Oct 13, 2012
mapleman wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti union people should go back in history and find out why unions came about.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#656 Oct 13, 2012
chickpea wrote:
<quoted text>
The anti union people should go back in history and find out why unions came about.
Unions have been shrinking for over a decade now. Do you see things going backwards?
voter

Shepardsville, IN

#657 Oct 13, 2012
vote Romney/Ryan
vote

Shepardsville, IN

#658 Oct 13, 2012
As CNN reported: An Ohio mom says Obama's words are empty. So true...

Vote Romney.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#659 Oct 13, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Shots fired into Obama Campaign Office in Denver. No injuries. Police have description of vehicle. Happened around 3:00 PM, Denver time.
Remember there was a lot of shooting and brick throwing into Dem HQ's right before Giffords shooting.
Republiscums show what thugs they are.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#660 Oct 13, 2012
voter wrote:
vote Romney/Ryan
Virginia mothers say that those who support the Republiscum Traitors are America-hating thugs.

So true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min President Trump 1,483,623
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 min Irongrouch 12,982
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 min President Donald ... 3,890
News Churchill bust back in Oval Office 3 min Trump your President 126
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Just call me ABE 2 256,727
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Amused 22,174
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 5 min Man Up 64
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 28 min OzRitz 2,075
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 36 min -BoB- 409,759
News Popovich blasts Donald Trump and aides: They're... 42 min Chicagoan by Birth 72
More from around the web