The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 413285 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#224872 Dec 19, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>A & E needs the viewers, Phil doesn't need their money. They shot themselves in the head. Phil will shoot the ducks in the head.
They made a poor business decision to be politically correct.. If the old dude and his family was smart they would reject any offers begging them to come back..

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#224873 Dec 19, 2013
Tiny Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa you finally got it. God yer dumb.
Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a psycho I know
Ah, come to eatin'
Ooh, she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
Ain't exactly small
Forty-two, thirty-nine, fifty-six
You could say she's got it all!
Never had a psycho
Never had a psycho like you
Eatin' all the things
Eatin' all the things you do
It's a fatso fairy story
Ain't no skin and bone
But you give it all you got
Weighing in at nineteen stone
You're a whole lotta rosie
A whole lotta psycho
Whole lotta psycho
Whole lotta psycho
Whole lotta rosie
And you're a whole lotta psycho
Oh honey you can eat it
Eat it all night long
Only wanna make
Only wanna make me sick
All through the night time
And right around the clock
Whooh! To my surprise, Rosie never stops
You are a whole lotta rosie
Whole lotta psycho
Whole lotta rosie
Whole lotta psycho
Whole lotta rosie
A whole lotta psycho
Ohh yeah
LOL! Another one that needs to grow up.

Looks like I struck a nerve with all the pre-adolescent boys here.

No wonder you clowns hide out on the Internet. No one can stand you.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#224874 Dec 19, 2013
well, you all seem to be running from your own posts or from me...i'll leave you be for now...

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#224875 Dec 19, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text> " We'll have to provide Obama and the dems a majority in the House in the mid-terms." Now that is funny! Obama blew that for his followers. Come on, you're smarter than that. You know it can't happen now. The pendulum has come full swing and the Republicans will sweep them out like they did the Republicans before. Mind you that is not something I want either as I want every congressman and the President to be replaced. I'll score one if nothing else. They have ALL FAILED and none deserve their jobs.
HEre's what I see as the problem with your thinking on that: consensus. So, you can replace a dem with a pub and vice versa, and what you end up with is the same kind of gridlock that has been a nightmare for America. We gave the Tea Party a chance, and they did nothing other than obstruct with demands so severe and restrictive that even their Republican colleagues were horrified. In fact, a few Republicans just threw in the towel and departed congressional representation altogether than risk being associated with the party of obstruction - most especially at a point in our history when cooperation was/is paramount if we are to even have a shot at regaining our former stature.

Okay. So, if this "replace them all" approach would create the same kind of ongoing BS we're suffering today, what other options are there? Well, we COULD turn the reigns over to the Republican party. But, why would American voters do that? What policies and legislation does the party have that would afford any encouragement to you, me, the young and the rest of the working classes in America? Maybe you can do what NOBODY on this thread has been able to do in spite of numerous requests. Kindly provide us with a REASON to get behind the Republicans on fiscal policy and their legislative proposals.

I hope you see the problem here. When it's all said and done, and Republican candidates have to explain their policies to American voters, I see the heads shaking, not bobbing up and down in enthusiastic agreement. Can the party transition itself in time for the mid-terms? I have serious doubts it can. Can it transform itself in time to retake the White House in 2016? I don't think they can do that either. They're too deeply in bed with corporatists and plutocrats and business interests to afford much encouragement to a struggling middle class (whom they've already dismissed as irrelevant) much less show any compassion for the poor, the disabled, and the elderly.

We'll see, but I think you're reaching on this, especially once the wonks and economists have to analyze and report on the effect of whatever it is that Republican candidates are proposing. It's hard to hide those kinds of assessments. Ask Mitt Romney's advisors. They got caught flat footed.

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#224876 Dec 19, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
<quoted text>I watch it. It is okay but without Phil I don't think I would bother. It is all the rage with the young kids though. I hope it helps get them interested in hunting too.
I watched about 5 minutes of a episode and decided it wasn't for me.. I have nothing against those that watch it and I really think it was unjust to fire him over a interview for a magazine.. Oh well I am sure he will live the rest of his life on the millions he earned from the show..

Eagle

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#224877 Dec 19, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
Censorship is un-American;
"Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bil...
The very same rights that allow A & E to operate freely are denied by them to those that they employ (even on their own time) and the right of those to hear it by those that they serve (?).
They simply don't make these "clueless" judge-its big enough.

Anyway, you get one big dim-bulb from me simply for all the hyperbole and pretentious, self righteous indignation if nothing else.

So what's up around here tonight anyway?
1 post removed

“ON THE PROWL”

Marion Oaks..

#224879 Dec 19, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>HEre's what I see as the problem with your thinking on that: consensus. So, you can replace a dem with a pub and vice versa, and what you end up with is the same kind of gridlock that has been a nightmare for America. We gave the Tea Party a chance, and they did nothing other than obstruct with demands so severe and restrictive that even their Republican colleagues were horrified. In fact, a few Republicans just threw in the towel and departed congressional representation altogether than risk being associated with the party of obstruction - most especially at a point in our history when cooperation was/is paramount if we are to even have a shot at regaining our former stature.
Okay. So, if this "replace them all" approach would create the same kind of ongoing BS we're suffering today, what other options are there? Well, we COULD turn the reigns over to the Republican party. But, why would American voters do that? What policies and legislation does the party have that would afford any encouragement to you, me, the young and the rest of the working classes in America? Maybe you can do what NOBODY on this thread has been able to do in spite of numerous requests. Kindly provide us with a REASON to get behind the Republicans on fiscal policy and their legislative proposals.
I hope you see the problem here. When it's all said and done, and Republican candidates have to explain their policies to American voters, I see the heads shaking, not bobbing up and down in enthusiastic agreement. Can the party transition itself in time for the mid-terms? I have serious doubts it can. Can it transform itself in time to retake the White House in 2016? I don't think they can do that either. They're too deeply in bed with corporatists and plutocrats and business interests to afford much encouragement to a struggling middle class (whom they've already dismissed as irrelevant) much less show any compassion for the poor, the disabled, and the elderly.
We'll see, but I think you're reaching on this, especially once the wonks and economists have to analyze and report on the effect of whatever it is that Republican candidates are proposing. It's hard to hide those kinds of assessments. Ask Mitt Romney's advisors. They got caught flat footed.
You didn't give the Tea Party a chance.. The pubs no doubt will take the Senate next year and later the WH in 2016..

Eagle

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#224880 Dec 19, 2013
--Move A Long-- wrote:
Censorship is un-American;
"Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bil...
The very same rights that allow A & E to operate freely are denied by them to those that they employ (even on their own time) and the right of those to hear it by those that they serve (?).
Libs are the neo nazis of the 21st century, you surely realize that?
1 post removed

“Lets Go - Why Not”

Since: Jun 11

Laredo Tornado

#224882 Dec 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Wild Child!:)
Welcome aboard ...
but "beware" there ARE some VERY anti-American posters on here
who
THINK
they are vicious ...
BUT just like FERAL kitty's ...
Got a rabid hiss, no danger tho ...
JUST big VULGAR words ... NO brains ...
VERY weak-minded :)
tee hee hee
~-~
Well now, lookie here,
"One [email protected] goes in, Another [email protected] comes out"

http://youtu.be/09-GbpOd9T4
{The Good, Bad & Ugly/EWallach-CEastwood-67]

“no one told me”

Denver

#224883 Dec 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>can't take it? i'm not a lib. oh, were you talking about racer, yes, he is a spineless coward.
we'd all feel better if your hating ass would simply go away, you add nothing to this thread but hate. you're not a lib? Hilarious, if it wasn't such a blatant lie.
Now scram.

“no one told me”

Denver

#224884 Dec 19, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
They simply don't make these "clueless" judge-its big enough.
Anyway, you get one big dim-bulb from me simply for all the hyperbole and pretentious, self righteous indignation if nothing else.
So what's up around here tonight anyway?
certainly not your IQ, Jellyfish.

How about Oblamers lies and failures?

“no one told me”

Denver

#224885 Dec 19, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you hire yourself out to a hot air balloon company. You've got enough to fill all of their balloons with plenty left over.
Between wooddikk and Fat Al's hot air emissions they're personally responsible for globull warming. lol

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#224886 Dec 19, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>HEre's what I see as the problem with your thinking on that: consensus. So, you can replace a dem with a pub and vice versa, and what you end up with is the same kind of gridlock that has been a nightmare for America. We gave the Tea Party a chance, and they did nothing other than obstruct with demands so severe and restrictive that even their Republican colleagues were horrified. In fact, a few Republicans just threw in the towel and departed congressional representation altogether than risk being associated with the party of obstruction - most especially at a point in our history when cooperation was/is paramount if we are to even have a shot at regaining our former stature.
What really killed the republicans in 2012?

It wasn't economic policy. Nobody liked Obama's policies very much either and your average American doesn't know enough about how the economy actually works to care anyway.

It wasn't healthcare, that whole thing's a mess on both sides.

It wasn't foreign policy because without a big blue D or a big red R stamped on the blueprint you couldn't tell the difference one approach from the other, so what was it that undid the conservative revolution in 2012?

Social issues.

Social Issues, Social Issues, Social Issues.

Whether it's the new enlightenment on gay and lesbian equality, the perception of hostility toward minorities, or one republican after another deciding it was a good idea to take time to slap a woman on camera at some point during their campaign it was social issues that swung the balance in the democrats favor and social issues will play a bigger role than anyone expects (or will admit) in 2014 and 2016.

There will be two primary factors that play into another collapse of republican support in 2014.

Social issues and a bloody power struggle within the republican party playing itself out on the the national stage.

Maybe there are more important, more immediate concerns, but they will take a back seat to the drama and the new awareness and that does not play in the republicans favor.

“no one told me”

Denver

#224887 Dec 19, 2013
NuRidersoftheePurpleSage wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, lookie here,
"One [email protected] goes in, Another [email protected] comes out"
http://youtu.be/09-GbpOd9T4
{The Good, Bad & Ugly/EWallach-CEastwood-67]
There's 2 kinds of people in this world, Tuco, those with brains and those who vote democrat..........

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#224888 Dec 19, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know you have a queer in your family? It's Gods way of punishing you.
Airline apologises for confirmation code which read ‘H8GAYS’
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/12/18/airline-...
The airline apologised for any “concern or misunderstanding” caused by the code, and said they are automatically generated

“no one told me”

Denver

#224889 Dec 19, 2013
wild child wrote:
<quoted text>yes and he lies like pinnochio.
when he's not on here hating he's removing wood splinters from his palms.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#224890 Dec 19, 2013
Obama commutes sentences of eight crack cocaine offenders

President Barack Obama has commuted the sentences of eight individuals convicted of crack cocaine offenses.

In a statement, Obama said the commutation “is an important step toward restoring fundamental ideals of justice and fairness” and noted that he signed legislation in 2010 to narrow the disparity between penalties for crimes related to powder and crack cocaine.

Obama has pushed to change criminal justice policy to correct what his administration calls unfairness in sentencing and to keep down the cost of lengthy incarcerations for non-violent crimes.

“If they had been sentenced under the current law, many of them would have already served their time and paid their debt to society,” he said of inmates sentenced before the passage of the Fair Sentencing Act.“Instead, because of a disparity in the law that is now recognized as unjust, they remain in prison, separated from their families and their communities, at a cost of millions of taxpayer dollars each year.”

Obama also called on Congress to pass pending legislation that would make the Fair Sentencing Act retroactive for some offenders.

Each of the eight offenders has served over 15 years in prison for the drug crimes.

One of the individuals, Clarence Aaron of Mobile, Ala., was convicted in the early 1990s at the age of 22 for conspiracy to distribute cocaine. Aaron's lawyer Margaret Love told NBC News that Aaron was "overcome" with emotion and that he will head to a halfway house in his hometown in coming weeks.

The president also pardoned thirteen other individuals for crimes ranging from drug offenses to money laundering to theft.

The NAACP Legal Defense Fund praised the decision in a statement.

nbcnews.com
1 post removed

“no one told me”

Denver

#224892 Dec 19, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up, you pimply-faced Clearasil addict.
Hahahhaha!
not even remotely funny or witty, I have to wonder what jejuene little twit from the left could have possibly gave you a funny icon, unless you did it yourself.
1 post removed

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#224894 Dec 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
well, you all seem to be running from your own posts or from me...i'll leave you be for now...
Corruption Perceptions Index: Corruption Around the World in 2013
http://www.triplepundit.com/2013/12/corruptio...
Transparency International’s 2013 Corruption Perceptions Index indicates that the abuse of power, secret dealings and bribery continue to ravage societies around the world. More than two-thirds of the 177 countries in the 2013 index score below 50, on a scale from 0 (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 100 (perceived to be very clean).

“no one told me”

Denver

#224895 Dec 19, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
bawk, bawk, bawk, Blabby, I thought you just raised goats, not chickens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Injudgement 237,893
News Group of Parisians launch Obama 2017 French pre... 11 min Christian Fumblem... 3
News Politics speak at numerous volumes on Oscar night 13 min Christian Fumblem... 3
News SE Asia Stocks-Cautious ahead of Trump speech 17 min Christian Fumblem... 1
News Yes, Mass Deportations Are Coming. And We Know ... 17 min HOLLA ISABELLA 263
News Trump wins praise for skipping the nerd prom 20 min Christian Fumblem... 8
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 23 min Truth hurts 294
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Injudgement 259,176
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,498,604
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 1 hr Copout 21,429
More from around the web