The President has failed us

There are 328207 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#222603 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it you keep running from it then?
Running from your proof of a false god? If I was it would be up and away.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#222604 Dec 14, 2013
DavidQuinn wrote:
I think every president has failed us (humanity as a whole) in the last 100 years. Just read a book that's causing a bit of a buzz in the UK (been retweeted by Dawkins) called 2082 The Chronicles Of Hope. Features a working class genius humanitarian politician and hints at a utopia.... here's a quote from it -“Isn’t it about time the scientists, philosophers and visionary geniuses of the world had a shot at running things rather than politicians?” Worth checking out the first chapter is on the website
Maggie Thatcher was a scientist...

St. Croix valley

#222605 Dec 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Running from your proof of a false god? If I was it would be up and away.
yes, you keep running from it...why?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#222606 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet it is you that keeps running away...why is that?
What is it that you think I am running towards?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#222607 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you don't believe in any god?
i do have the proof i have given many times.. it would seem idiotic of you to say that when i have presented it to you many times...
so you don't believe in any god, good for you...
I have my own. Where is your proof god is false? LMAO!
I believe.

St. Croix valley

#222608 Dec 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>What is it that you think I am running towards?
i wouldn't know...it doesn't matter, the fact is that you keep running from my proof. once i even openly asked if you would be online for while, i would repost the proofs...(after you had again lied about me not having the proof.) so you could attempt to refute it...

you stayed online but ran from this challenge..why do you keep running from it?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#222609 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you don't believe in any god?
i do have the proof i have given many times.. it would seem idiotic of you to say that when i have presented it to you many times...
so you don't believe in any god, good for you...
I believe in mine because
I know you believe in yours. ROTFLMAO!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#222610 Dec 14, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa of today can be any color someone wants him to be, but growing up he was white, or at least he was on TV and when out in public. As far as Jesus is concerned, who cares what color he was 2,000 years ago, but my guess would be that he was white.
Santa isn't real, so he isn't any color. However, the Santa myth is based on St Nicholas, who was from Turkey. Ever been to Turkey? I would say Turks are lily white.

Jesus was from the Middle East, what do you think the chances are that he was white?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#222611 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, we haven't come very far as a world or society in the last 100 years...
sheesh!
We have reached closer to him (my god) than any other nation on the planet . We continue to aspire to touch his hand.
You have no proof that my god, whom you think is a turtle, is a "proven false god". LMAO!

St. Croix valley

#222612 Dec 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I believe in mine because
I know you believe in yours. ROTFLMAO!
so you do believe in a god? just a minute ago you said your belief was not towards any particular thing...

you seem to be not very consistent in you own thoughts...

i think the technical term for that is bullshit...

St. Croix valley

#222613 Dec 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>We have reached closer to him (my god) than any other nation on the planet . We continue to aspire to touch his hand.
You have no proof that my god, whom you think is a turtle, is a "proven false god". LMAO!
sure i do...you ran from this proof, you couldn't even stand and defend your own god or beliefs...but then both you and i know you are not even close to smart enough for that, don't we? yes, we do...

then why are we a secular nation?

this is all so far above you pay grade, little girl...so far above you...

St. Croix valley

#222614 Dec 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa isn't real, so he isn't any color. However, the Santa myth is based on St Nicholas, who was from Turkey. Ever been to Turkey? I would say Turks are lily white.
Jesus was from the Middle East, what do you think the chances are that he was white?
funny that these cult freaks have to insist their jesus must be white! why would that be?

if they only knew that jesus wasn't even preaching to them but to his fellow jews. in jesus's perfect world, they would have been erased from his holy land by blood and sword.

St. Croix valley

#222615 Dec 14, 2013
Well, proven beyond doubt, that Positroll cannot counter my facts that her cult god is false...time to move on, little girl...you showed you true colors (yellow) and your true level of intelligence...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#222616 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you keep running from it...why?
To rise above.
You

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#222617 Dec 14, 2013
NTR1 wrote:
Jon Stewart takes on FOX news over the Santa debate. Is Santa REALLY white? Let's watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OdkGA_rgHRYXX#t=24
Saint Nicolas, is dead. Dead people are ghosts. Ghosts are white. Therefore, Santa Claus is white. Get over it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#222618 Dec 14, 2013
"The Shroud of Turin is either the most awesome and instructive relic of Christ in existence or it is one of the most ingenious, most unbelievably clever products of the human mind and hand on record. It is one or the other, there is no middle ground." -Historian John Walsh

http://shroud2000.com/

Was St. Nicholas A Real Person?
St Nicholas prayer card
Card from St Nicholas Church
North Walsham, Norfolk, UK

Some say St. Nicholas existed only in legend, without any reliable historical record. Legends usually do grow out of real, actual events, though they may be embellished to make more interesting stories. Many of the St. Nicholas stories seem to be truth interwoven with imagination. However, the following facts of the life of St. Nicholas could contain some part of historical truth. They provide a clear sense of his personal characteristics which are further elaborated in other narratives.

• Nicholas' birth in Patara
Though the exact date is not known, it is believed to have occurred between AD 260 and 280. The place, Patara, can be historically grounded.

http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/real-pe...

Who is St. Nicholas?
Saint Nicholas
by Susan Seals

The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

MORE:
http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/who-is-...

Gots to go. Ball games to attend :)

Will resume when I return ...
I see the one I ran [under the porch] has returned ...
This should be more FUN :D

Toodles ...

St. Croix valley

#222619 Dec 14, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>To rise above.
You
oh sweetie...you'd need all the ladders in the world for that...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Arm the internet

#222620 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i wouldn't know...it doesn't matter, the fact is that you keep running from my proof. once i even openly asked if you would be online for while, i would repost the proofs...(after you had again lied about me not having the proof.) so you could attempt to refute it...
you stayed online but ran from this challenge..why do you keep running from it?
It matters to me. You have attacked my god .above all.

St. Croix valley

#222621 Dec 14, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Nicolas, is dead. Dead people are ghosts. Ghosts are white. Therefore, Santa Claus is white. Get over it!
no such thing as ghosts...

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#222622 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>saw a clip of that on Stumble.. the best part was where they assured everyone that jesus was white...
what a riot!
Jesus is dead too. Remember? They nailed him to a cross and a Roman Soldier eased his suffering with a lance to his lung. After that, Jesus was a ghost and ghosts are white.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama to set new limits on police use of milita... 3 min Le Jimbo 102
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Scrutiny 189,554
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TSM 1,231,654
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min dirtclod 163,597
News It's Sheryl Crow vs. Duggars in Mo. (Oct '12) 7 min Tazo 42
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min Eagle 12 7,179
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 9 min mjjcpa 1,200
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 20 min Spaulding Smails 1,892
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 38 min Le Jimbo 61
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Le Jimbo 182,169
More from around the web