The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391114 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Satanious Nation

West Covina, CA

#222713 Dec 14, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
How?
By posting on an OPEN forum ...
ha ha ha ha ha ...
OPEN to ANYone with an opinion ...
When it comes to the First Amendment, there are no second-class Americans citizens.

And so, if Christians can have a Ten Commandments display on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol, Satanists want space for a monument, too.

First up from the God Machine this week is a story out of Oklahoma, where state Republican officials were so eager to promote government-endorsed religious displays, they inadvertently opened the door to religious monuments they really won’t like.

A New York-based Satanic group plans to submit designs this month for a monument it wants to erect on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol.

The move comes after the state’s Republican legislature authorized a privately funded Ten Commandments monument to be placed on capitol grounds last year, according to the Associated Press. A spokesman for the New York-based Satanic Temple credited Oklahoma Rep. Mike Ritze (R)– who championed and helped to fund the Commandments monument – for clearing the path for his organization.

“He’s helping a satanic agenda grow more than any of us possibly could,” the spokesman, Lucian Greaves, said.“You don’t walk around and see too many satanic temples around, but when you open the door to public spaces for us, that’s when you’re going to see us.”

Oops.

In this case, the $20,000 Satanic monument on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol would, like the Ten Commandments display, be privately financed. Taxpayers wouldn’t pay a dime – all the Satanic Temple would need is comparable public space provided by the state legislature for the Christian monument in 2009.

ACLU Oklahoma has already reminded state officials that they cannot discriminate on the basis of religious viewpoints.

Which brings us back to the underlying principle we last discussed in July: in an open forum, the government can’t play favorites. If the government is going to devote space to promoting one religious monument, celebrating the tenets of one faith, it can’t deny space to other religions that expect equal treatment. It’s easy to imagine the Oklahoma state capitol reserving space for everyone: Baptists, Buddhists, and the Baha’i; as well as Sikhs, Scientologists, and Satanists.

There are, after all, no second-class Americans citizens when it comes to the First Amendment. If one group has the right to erect a monument, so does everyone else.

It seems likely that officials in Oklahoma will be less than enthusiastic about welcoming a permanent Satanic display to sit near the Ten Commandments display, but they probably should have thought this through before. They opened the door, and it’s going to get crowded as others walk through it.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/week-...

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#222714 Dec 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't care less about GR's "kid", and I never had a bad word to say about that "child". I don't blame the son for anything other than having the misfortune of having such a sorry POS for a father. Period. I genuinely feel nothing but compassion for this child locked in a man's body. I understand it far better than most, and I've attested time and again to my mother's siblings who were mentally disabled and with whom I spent much time during my childhood. They were loving and gentle. The fact that the father boasts of his "well-planned" retirement at AGE 50 makes is absolutely clear that his cushy well-planned retirement and his household is welfare supported. You can consult some other state employees and inquire as to how someone who worked as an orderly or social worker, or psychiatric aide could afford to "retire" from the State of California at age 50 otherwise. I think you might be enlightened as to why the son's situation was even brought up, or the son even mentioned after GR himself told everybody the entire story of his life and his son's situation. It's the lies he's told about me, about HoneyC, and his ethical violations that created the whole situation. See it however you wish, and I'll do the same.
I certainly don't apologize, and the information was something the "father" posted here HIMSELF. I didn't make it up. He's the one who provided details. He's also the morally bankrupt POS who invaded my REAL life and went beyond any boundary of decency. I'm expected to accommodate him? Not likely. Then, there were the non-stop lies that disturbed me for awhile. But, in time, he started pulling the same stuff on others, and they reached their own conclusions about what was what. I've proven everything I've ever said here to some few REGISTERED posters I trust.. Believe what you will.
He's of the opinion that if you say something often enough, people buy into it and believe it's true. Well, not smart people. Show me one post where I ever spoke bad about his son? It NEVER happened. The worst thing I ever said is that as far as I knew, nobody had ever asked taxpayers if they were given an option if they would prefer to support somebody who would never make a contribution for 60-85 years, or whether they would prefer to assist a poor child during childhood who would be expected to one day grow up and make a contribution to society. Yet, GR had no problem with society subsidizing he, himself, the rest of HIS own life and then further taking on the care of his disabled son should the son outlive him. He "carefully planned" for his "retirement".
Right.
Anyone who would allow GR to do and say what he's done and said to you without a single question or critical comment is highly suspect and not worth your attention, imo. Selective morality, you might call it.
Keep shining!
Satanious Nation

West Covina, CA

#222715 Dec 14, 2013
PROOF THAT CHRISTIANS TODAY ARE ATTEMPTING A PLOY ONLY RIVALED BY THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND. THERE IS A REASON WHY THE FOUNDING FATHERS PLACED THE 1ST AMENDMENT INTO THE US CONSTITUTION.

* The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer argued this week that the First Amendment protects the free exercise of Christianity, but not other religions. That’s pretty nutty, even for the religious right movement.

* This story out of Ohio will almost certainly not end well:“A portrait of Jesus and prayer could return to public schools if two state representatives persuade fellow lawmakers to pass the Ohio Religious Freedom Restoration Act”(thanks to my colleague Laura Conaway for the tip).

* The appeal on this one should be interesting:“A federal judge struck down Utah’s criminal ban on cohabitation between a married individual and another person not his or her spouse, a prong in the state’s law against polygamy. The Friday ruling did not address legal polygamy – actually being married to multiple people – but only what U.S. District Court Judge Clark Waddoups referred to as ‘religious cohabitation.’”

* The legal dispute over the 29-foot cross atop Mount Soledad has been ongoing for literally most of my lifetime. It’s not over:“A federal judge ruled Thursday that a cross on federal land in San Diego violated the First Amendment ban on a government endorsement of religion and ordered it removed within 90 days.“

* What a relief:“Texas lawmakers sent notices to schools on Monday informing them that new legislation allows students and teachers to dress in festive garb and say ‘Merry Christmas’ all they want without fear of punishment”(thanks to my colleague Robert Lyon for the tip).

* Fox News’ Megyn Kelly raised eyebrows this week when she insisted that Santa Claus, a fictional character, must be considered white – just like Jesus. Last night, the host said she was kidding and told her viewers she’s the victim:“Fox News and yours truly are big targets for many people.”

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#222716 Dec 14, 2013
Barack Obama - Drop It Like It's Hot SPOOF
http://youtu.be/1GmY8KH03rM
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#222717 Dec 14, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't care less about GR's "kid", and I never had a bad word to say about that "child". I don't blame the son for anything other than having the misfortune of having such a sorry POS for a father. Period. I genuinely feel nothing but compassion for this child locked in a man's body. I understand it far better than most, and I've attested time and again to my mother's siblings who were mentally disabled and with whom I spent much time during my childhood. They were loving and gentle. The fact that the father boasts of his "well-planned" retirement at AGE 50 makes is absolutely clear that his cushy well-planned retirement and his household is welfare supported. You can consult some other state employees and inquire as to how someone who worked as an orderly or social worker, or psychiatric aide could afford to "retire" from the State of California at age 50 otherwise. I think you might be enlightened as to why the son's situation was even brought up, or the son even mentioned after GR himself told everybody the entire story of his life and his son's situation. It's the lies he's told about me, about HoneyC, and his ethical violations that created the whole situation. See it however you wish, and I'll do the same.
I certainly don't apologize, and the information was something the "father" posted here HIMSELF. I didn't make it up. He's the one who provided details. He's also the morally bankrupt POS who invaded my REAL life and went beyond any boundary of decency. I'm expected to accommodate him? Not likely. Then, there were the non-stop lies that disturbed me for awhile. But, in time, he started pulling the same stuff on others, and they reached their own conclusions about what was what. I've proven everything I've ever said here to some few REGISTERED posters I trust.. Believe what you will.
He's of the opinion that if you say something often enough, people buy into it and believe it's true. Well, not smart people. Show me one post where I ever spoke bad about his son? It NEVER happened. The worst thing I ever said is that as far as I knew, nobody had ever asked taxpayers if they were given an option if they would prefer to support somebody who would never make a contribution for 60-85 years, or whether they would prefer to assist a poor child during childhood who would be expected to one day grow up and make a contribution to society. Yet, GR had no problem with society subsidizing he, himself, the rest of HIS own life and then further taking on the care of his disabled son should the son outlive him. He "carefully planned" for his "retirement".
Right.
Well, I'm not going to go back and try to find something that was said a long time ago. I don't even remember exactly what you said, but whatever you said I found it offensive. Just like I did today with the other poster.

I've never supported "anyone" for posting personal information about someone no matter how they obtained the information. I would never do it myself and I don't condone it. I know you and I don't agree about Obama, but I don't dislike you. I pretty much agree with some things that every poster posts on here, even Rico. I've said offensive things on here myself, so I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise. I knew when I was being an azzhole, and did it on purpose.

I hope things are going well for you and your family and wish you the best. Happy Holidays
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#222718 Dec 14, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who would allow GR to do and say what he's done and said to you without a single question or critical comment is highly suspect and not worth your attention, imo. Selective morality, you might call it.
Keep shining!
Butt out, no one was talking to you. Happy Holidays!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#222719 Dec 14, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
The great debate: Are Jesus and Santa white?
http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/13/the-great-d...
We have literally run out of things to fight about. And so, we are left with a great debate over whether or not Jesus and Santa are (were?) white. This has ”South Park episode” written all over it.
So who’s right?
St.Nicholas was a Christian born in Patara, on the southern coast of Turkey.
Jesus was a Jew born in Bethlehem, Jerusalem. There is no debate. They were both Caucasian.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#222720 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i always do. i have given you the proof you wanted and then you just deny i ever did.
i have given you the post # and page of comments and you still deny they exist. you can lie to yourself all you want, but i know what you are. a stupid little coward, just like positroll.
lets look back at what happens when yo try to think for yourself, shall we little jimmy? the time you though i had rigged the comment counter cuz my old posts showed the same number as my new posts? that was an oldie but a goodie...
then you great comment you tried to form on your own..."the tea party is insignificant. they have taken over the GOP" a classic also...
the recent calling another poster a "cereal liar" was good also.
you really cannot think for yourself, little jimmy, give up trying, all you can do is parrot crap you cannot possibly understand or defend...
Since I missed the post with the post # and page, could you please post it again since I don't read every post on here.
Website Psychologist

West Covina, CA

#222721 Dec 14, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
you arguing with someone who you think is insane ...
WHAT does THAT make you ???
eh?
A basket case like you would never know you're insane. That's why insane people do & say insane things. To you, insane things are your normal.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#222722 Dec 14, 2013
the Chandler poster wrote:
<quoted text>
I read where an 8 year old child reportedlydied in her care.
She unleashes on me without hesitation. I unleash on her without hesitation. I give what I get.
I REALLY tried to get along with her when I first started posting here. She started it...
I'm with you Tempe!
She deserves EVERYTHING she gets and more!
She has done nothing but harass and name call since I came on board.
She's the one that 'set the tone' for others to 'follow suit'...

A lot has changed since then tho, as she has been FOUND to be a FRAUD.

*Merry Christmas*

<3

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#222723 Dec 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a Jew born in Bethlehem, Jerusalem. There is no debate. They were both Caucasian.
no, jesus was not born in bethlehem that story has been debunked time and time again...

do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

do you know a lot of white people from those areas?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#222724 Dec 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Call Jesus (or Santa) white? Expect a big fight
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/13/call...
Arguing about St. Nick, who was originally Greek before Currier & Ives got their hands on him, is one thing. But as for Jesus, people have been arguing about his skin color since the earliest days of American history. You might even call it an American tradition.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#222725 Dec 14, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I missed the post with the post # and page, could you please post it again since I don't read every post on here.
you bible attempts to create an infallible god, yet he is clearly fallible. hence that god is not real...

do the research on the rest on your own..
American Lady

Danville, KY

#222726 Dec 14, 2013
Satanious Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to the First Amendment, there are no second-class Americans citizens.
And so, if Christians can have a Ten Commandments display on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol, Satanists want space for a monument, too.
First up from the God Machine this week is a story out of Oklahoma, where state Republican officials were so eager to promote government-endorsed religious displays, they inadvertently opened the door to religious monuments they really won’t like.
A New York-based Satanic group plans to submit designs this month for a monument it wants to erect on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol.
The move comes after the state’s Republican legislature authorized a privately funded Ten Commandments monument to be placed on capitol grounds last year, according to the Associated Press. A spokesman for the New York-based Satanic Temple credited Oklahoma Rep. Mike Ritze (R)– who championed and helped to fund the Commandments monument – for clearing the path for his organization.
“He’s helping a satanic agenda grow more than any of us possibly could,” the spokesman, Lucian Greaves, said.“You don’t walk around and see too many satanic temples around, but when you open the door to public spaces for us, that’s when you’re going to see us.”
Oops.
In this case, the $20,000 Satanic monument on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol would, like the Ten Commandments display, be privately financed. Taxpayers wouldn’t pay a dime – all the Satanic Temple would need is comparable public space provided by the state legislature for the Christian monument in 2009.
ACLU Oklahoma has already reminded state officials that they cannot discriminate on the basis of religious viewpoints.
Which brings us back to the underlying principle we last discussed in July: in an open forum, the government can’t play favorites. If the government is going to devote space to promoting one religious monument, celebrating the tenets of one faith, it can’t deny space to other religions that expect equal treatment. It’s easy to imagine the Oklahoma state capitol reserving space for everyone: Baptists, Buddhists, and the Baha’i; as well as Sikhs, Scientologists, and Satanists.
There are, after all, no second-class Americans citizens when it comes to the First Amendment. If one group has the right to erect a monument, so does everyone else.
It seems likely that officials in Oklahoma will be less than enthusiastic about welcoming a permanent Satanic display to sit near the Ten Commandments display, but they probably should have thought this through before. They opened the door, and it’s going to get crowded as others walk through it.
Your source was enuf to SHOW ME, I didn't NEED to read ...
Along with location

;~)
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#222727 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you bible attempts to create an infallible god, yet he is clearly fallible. hence that god is not real...
do the research on the rest on your own..
That's how you read it. Dodge and weave all you want, but you have proved nothing.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#222728 Dec 14, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your theory of failure, and I showed an example of who is failing us - people from Kansas!
You didn't show me Jack ...
Leave me be, I'll return the favor
IF NOT, suffer the consequences.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#222729 Dec 14, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you Tempe!
She deserves EVERYTHING she gets and more!
She has done nothing but harass and name call since I came on board.
She's the one that 'set the tone' for others to 'follow suit'...
A lot has changed since then tho, as she has been FOUND to be a FRAUD.
*Merry Christmas*
<3
You're a hateful liar.

No one has posted anything to you or Tally to warrant the degree of hatred and lies you post. You're just another insecure little girl and hypocrite. You call people names too, but no one has accused you of murdering a child.

NTR is no fraud, but YOU certainly are, you gutless coward.

Now whine some more about how victimized you are, liar.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#222730 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, jesus was not born in bethlehem that story has been debunked time and time again...
do you also believe in the tooth fairy?
do you know a lot of white people from those areas?
"no, jesus was not born in bethlehem that story has been debunked time and time again"

No it hasn't.
Rico the Godfather

West Covina, CA

#222731 Dec 14, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane.
Rico is NOT X-Man or Vorenus. They each post in their own unique styles. You're lying and just making a fool of yourself as usual.
No one is going to "concede" anything to you, moron. And no one is trying to scare you.
You're a needy, attention-seeking troll, playing games on Topix. Quit boring everyone with your non-stop lies and blather.
Don't mind her. The paranoia she exhibits was premeditated by me long ago. She thought she could challenge me and I obliged. Unfortunately, she wasn't aware of the consequences.

Now all she does is run amuck & demonstrating what a tool she is. There is no hope for her. She's all but morphed into a paranoid basket case that thinks everyone who post a comment is me.

You have to hand it to me Rose... I mindfcked her good.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#222732 Dec 14, 2013
Website Psychologist wrote:
<quoted text>
A basket case like you would never know you're insane. That's why insane people do & say insane things. To you, insane things are your normal.
Says who ...
The MANY socks, wearer.

Coward :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 1 min southern at heart 1,493
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,403,453
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 min positronium 7,029
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 2 min WeTheSheeple 204
News Dutch Anti-Islam Politician Geert Wilders Prais... 2 min george whyte 13
News Democratic chief Wasserman Schultz quits amid S... 4 min CZars_R_US 23
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 4 min An NFL Fan 139
News RNC Day 3: Cruz booed, Pence nominated 43 min swampmudd 242
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 hr Nine Ball 167
More from around the web