The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 408832 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#205675 Nov 6, 2013
The Chandler Poster wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU ARE a model of morals and virtue, Rose?
Need I remind you that you taught your teenage son how to smoke pot and that you live with a husband and a boyfriend?
And may I remind YOU that you're a liar?

I never taught my son to smoke pot, and I do not live with a husband and a boyfriend, you stupid troll.
The Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#205676 Nov 6, 2013
"I wanna kill me a cracker..."

Nathaniel Volante Robinson, 22, was quoted as saying.

Robinson is charged in the shooting death of Barry Lockridge, 58, a White convencience store clerk.

If Obama/Sotero had a son would he be like Nathaniel?

Source: Resistance News America
The Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#205677 Nov 6, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
And may I remind YOU that you're a liar?
I never taught my son to smoke pot, and I do not live with a husband and a boyfriend, you stupid troll.
"Opinions vary." - Dalton. "Road House." 1989

Pull yourself together, Rose...

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#205678 Nov 6, 2013
Report: 26 U.S. Companies Not Paying Federal Income Tax

April 11, 2012

By SUSANNA KIM

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/report-26-us-c...

........Gardner said the issue is "not about corporations against individuals."

"For every company that shows up as a low-tax corporation, there are competitors that are paying close to 35 percent," Gardner said. "[The issue] is about a number of privileged companies that have found ways to game the system and have a tax advantage over their competitors."

"Over the past 10 years Wells Fargo has paid more than $33 billion in federal and state corporate income taxes, including nearly $4 billion for 2011," Eshet said. "The company's share of employment-related taxes, property taxes and other taxes amounted to an additional $2 billion during 2011. The years cited by the study were unusual for Wells Fargo, as results included significant losses as a consequence of its acquisition of Wachovia,[12/31/08] which when realized reduced Wells Fargo's taxable income."

Gardner said Wells Fargo's 2011 federal income tax payment of $3.35 billion is "entirely compatible" with what CTJ is pointing out.

"Our study is narrowly tailored to answer the question: do companies pay the 35 percent they say are too high?" he said. "The answer is clearly not."
The Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#205679 Nov 6, 2013
Does a secret underground base exist near Cordes Juncation, AZ where clones of Obama Sotero are being created?
The Chandler Poster

Tempe, AZ

#205680 Nov 6, 2013
EDITORIAL:

Why do Mexican fans in the LA coliseum curse at American players and boo when the American national anthem is being played at soccer games?

Should we show acceptance for such a hostile, alien people?

Should we give them driver's licenses?

US citizenship?

Or treat them with the same lack of respect when they complain about "bigotry" and "racism" aimed at the "Latino community?"

F them
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#205681 Nov 6, 2013
EDITORIAL:
Why do Mexican fans in the LA coliseum curse at American players and boo when the American national anthem is being played at soccer games?
Should we show acceptance for such a hostile, alien people?
Should we give them driver's licenses?
US citizenship?
Or treat them with the same lack of respect when they complain about "bigotry" and "racism" aimed at the "Latino community?"
F them
I totally agree.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#205682 Nov 6, 2013
U.S. Business Has High Tax Rates but Pays Less

By DAVID KOCIENIEWSKI
Published: May 2, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/business/ec...

The United States may soon wind up with a distinction that makes business leaders cringe — the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

But Nobody Pays That

But Nobody Pays That: G.E.’s Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether (March 25, 2011)

Topping out at 35 percent, America’s official corporate income tax rate trails that of only Japan, at 39.5 percent, which has said it plans to lower its rate. It is nearly triple Ireland’s and 10 percentage points higher than in Denmark, Austria or China. To help companies here stay competitive, many executives say, Congress should lower it.

But by taking advantage of myriad breaks and loopholes that other countries generally do not offer, United States corporations pay only slightly more on average than their counterparts in other industrial countries. And some American corporations use aggressive strategies to pay less — often far less — than their competitors abroad and at home. A Government Accountability Office study released in 2008 found that 55 percent of United States companies paid no federal income taxes during at least one year in a seven-year period it studied.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#205683 Nov 6, 2013
"I wanna kill me a cracker..."
Nathaniel Volante Robinson, 22, was quoted as saying.
Robinson is charged in the shooting death of Barry Lockridge, 58, a White convencience store clerk.
If Obama/Sotero had a son would he be like Nathaniel?
Source: Resistance News America
This will surely bring a smile to your face. I'm so glad to share the news just in case you muted the volume and turned down the sound yesterday:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style...

New York’s incoming first family says it all with their hair

Of course, I'm sure you know that New Yorkers are all about freedom of expression and style. It's one of the reasons almost all the U. S. based fashion magazines are situated there and why it's a trend setting capital in the world of fashion.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#205684 Nov 6, 2013
When it comes to freebies for the poor at the expense of the working man, Obamacare. When it comes to taxing the rich to pay a fair share, Obamadontcare.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#205685 Nov 6, 2013
Black American wrote:
<quoted text>You just said,[ nobody got here without a woman. PERIOD]
I would bet you support gay marriage!
Bigot.
The woman, the woman the PERIOD!
Oh, but I am a conservative male college and a BA. I can't be racist. You people are gonna have to drop the race card. Hypocritical ole bigot.
What do you think about this guy?

Rand Paul On Plagiarism Claims:'It Annoys The Hell Out Of Me'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/rand...

The Huffington Post
By Sabrina Siddiqui
11/06/2013

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Rand Paul lashed out at the media Wednesday for its coverage of the plagiarism allegations that have rocked the Kentucky Republican over the last week.

A day after announcing plans to amend the approval process for speeches and op-eds under his name, Paul told National Review he was so frustrated with the negative press that he would have failed reporters if he were their journalism teacher.

"What makes me mad about the whole thing is that I believe there is a difference between errors of omission and errors of intention," Paul said in an interview with National Review's Robert Costa. "We aren’t perfect and we have made errors of omission, but we never intended to mislead anybody."

"I’m being criticized for not having proper attribution, and yet they are able to write stuff that if I were their journalism teacher in college, I would fail them," he added.

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow revealed last week that Paul, a likely candidate for president in 2016, had lifted material from the Wikipedia page for the 1997 film "Gattaca" while stumping for former Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli. Buzzfeed reported the following day that Paul had also borrowed from the Wikipedia page of "Stand and Deliver" for a previous speech on immigration.

Paul initially rejected the plagiarism charges and likened them to "attacks coming from haters." He later said the claims were "insulting" and challenged his accusers to a duel if they kept up the reports.

Paul didn't apologize and pledge fixes until Tuesday, a day after Buzzfeed reported that an op-ed he wrote on drug sentencing for The Washington Times was copied nearly verbatim from an op-ed published by Dan Stewart in The Week.

The Washington Times announced later Tuesday that the newspaper and Paul had "mutually agreed" to end his weekly column.

The Kentucky senator told The New York Times he would begin adding footnotes and citations to his material so people would leave him "the hell alone."

Yet, citations and footnotes wouldn't necessarily resolve the issue, as it is still plagiarism when source material is lifted directly and isn't paraphrased, footnotes or not.

And the remorse didn't appear to last long, as Paul continued to play the victim in his comments to National Review Wednesday.

"It annoys the hell out of me," Paul said. "I feel like if I could just go to detention after school for a couple days, then everything would be okay. But do I have to be in detention for the rest of my career?"

One thing Paul neglected to mention for all his threats to school the journalists covering the plagiarism allegations: most teachers would fail their students for plagiarizing.

Your opinion of Paul? BTW, we had a poster here known far and wide as Miss Piggy, the Plagiarizing Priness Piglet from Plainfield. She as even worse than Paul. She'd change a few words here and there and/or redo a phrase to keep ya' from googling it and outting her.

At any rate - your opinion of Ron Paul in general. Thanks.

Yes, I do support gay marriage. I didn't always, but I evolved.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#205686 Nov 6, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
When it comes to freebies for the poor at the expense of the working man, Obamacare. When it comes to taxing the rich to pay a fair share, Obamadontcare.
What do you mean by taxing the rich to pay a fair share? Don't you think that is a function of what one means by fair and what the objective is? It seems nobody who is wealthy had the least bit of problem in gouging the working middle class and sucking them into the "Easy credit, no money down, take this home equity line and no problemo - we'll get you a mortgage, bubba" line of con, did they? Did anybody question whether the fees on administering your 401-K account or buying and selling stocks or getting into and out of a mutual fund MIGHT JUST BE EXORBITANT and unjustified? Oh, h*ll no. Any rules or regs along that line were left out of the legislation stuffing program entirely, huh? How about when your company went belly up stiffing all the shareholders while the key corporate executives still made out like bandits (which they were) and left the pink slipped employees pensionless as well as jobless? Did any law stop those a-holes from building mansions and leaving shareholders with NADA? Anybody go to jail for those infractions (well, aside from Mike Milken)?

Let's get you back into the skin that is actually comfortable for you as a thinking man. Why don't you just friggin' post as an individual who has at least HALF a brain - which you once displayed from time to time before you converted to this "thing" that's become a laughing stock. Don't even think about "Devil's advocate" excuses.

If you get it right, somebody will acknowledge that you did even if we also think you're the consummate great big old egotistical baby. Use your noodle, please.

Yeah. I know. I'm an old granny hag. I really don't care. I'm an old granny hag who still care about a lot of things we need to get fixed that require us all to find SOME common ground as just about the only way we can accomplish anything positive for American regulars.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#205687 Nov 6, 2013
So.. What's the Messiah's story today? If you like your gallbladder. You'll be able to keep tour gallbladder.. PERIOD!.. Cuz you're stuck with it, suckers! LMAO...That's what he really meant.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#205688 Nov 6, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
So.. What's the Messiah's story today? If you like your gallbladder. You'll be able to keep tour gallbladder.. PERIOD!.. Cuz you're stuck with it, suckers! LMAO...That's what he really meant.
Exactly Bonnie :)

Palin was RIGHT!

The Real Father of Universal Healthcare

This is the inherent evil of universal healthcare. It gives Government the right to decide life and death for entire classes of society, as opposed to individuals contracting for their own healthcare.------This is why Hitler valued universal healthcare so highly that he imposed it on conquered countries, not exactly because he was so concerned for the well being of the subjected peoples, but because it gave him the right over entire classes of people to decide who lives and who dies.------ It gave him the power to engineer the composition of society to his own malicious requirements. Entire classes of people can be eliminated with no judicial process being necessary.

http://stop-obama-now.net/hitlercare/
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#205689 Nov 6, 2013
your

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#205690 Nov 6, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by taxing the rich to pay a fair share? Don't you think that is a function of what one means by fair and what the objective is? It seems nobody who is wealthy had the least bit of problem in gouging the working middle class and sucking them into the "Easy credit, no money down, take this home equity line and no problemo - we'll get you a mortgage, bubba" line of con, did they? Did anybody question whether the fees on administering your 401-K account or buying and selling stocks or getting into and out of a mutual fund MIGHT JUST BE EXORBITANT and unjustified? Oh, h*ll no. Any rules or regs along that line were left out of the legislation stuffing program entirely, huh? How about when your company went belly up stiffing all the shareholders while the key corporate executives still made out like bandits (which they were) and left the pink slipped employees pensionless as well as jobless? Did any law stop those a-holes from building mansions and leaving shareholders with NADA? Anybody go to jail for those infractions (well, aside from Mike Milken)?
Let's get you back into the skin that is actually comfortable for you as a thinking man. Why don't you just friggin' post as an individual who has at least HALF a brain - which you once displayed from time to time before you converted to this "thing" that's become a laughing stock. Don't even think about "Devil's advocate" excuses.
If you get it right, somebody will acknowledge that you did even if we also think you're the consummate great big old egotistical baby. Use your noodle, please.
Yeah. I know. I'm an old granny hag. I really don't care. I'm an old granny hag who still care about a lot of things we need to get fixed that require us all to find SOME common ground as just about the only way we can accomplish anything positive for American regulars.
Michael Milken got away with murder, got to keep ill-gotten millions while serving a paltry 2 yrs out of a 10 my sentence.
White collar crime does pay!
Now he's worth billions while running his "Milken Family Foundation" out of Santa Monica Ca.
What a fkn farce that is!

Great points you make NTR, they won't mean a thing to a pothead.
Take care dear lady.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#205691 Nov 6, 2013

This is the inherent evil of universal healthcare. It gives Government the right to decide life and death for entire classes of society, as opposed to individuals contracting for their own healthcare.>>> This is why ... valued universal healthcare so highly that he imposed it on conquered countries, not exactly because he was so concerned for the well being of the subjected peoples, but because it gave him the right over entire classes of people to decide who lives and who dies. <<< It gave him the power to engineer the composition of society to his own malicious requirements. Entire classes of people can be eliminated with no judicial process being necessary.

Bonnie

Boise, ID

#205692 Nov 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin was RIGHT!
This is the inherent evil of universal healthcare. It gives Government the right to decide life and death for entire classes of society, as opposed to individuals contracting for their own healthcare.------This is why Hitler valued universal healthcare so highly that he imposed it on conquered countries, not exactly because he was so concerned for the well being of the subjected peoples, but because it gave him the right over entire classes of people to decide who lives and who dies.------ It gave him the power to engineer the composition of society to his own malicious requirements. Entire classes of people can be eliminated with no judicial process being necessary.
Yeah, I know.. I get it.. To bad more people don't.
4 posts removed

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#205697 Nov 6, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin was RIGHT!
LMAO give us a break!
EVERY industrialized nation has universal healthcare except the US.
Your post is not only factually inaccurate, it is shameful to suggest a duly elected President is plotting to kill off classes of his own people.
EVEN a idiot would realize the fallacy of such a plan, seeing how he leaves office in 2017.
You really should leave the house sometime AL. Speak to REAL people. Get off the extreme right wing conspiracy nut blogs and see how the world really works.
You don't have to demonize his goals to disagree with how he gets there.
1 post removed

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#205699 Nov 6, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by taxing the rich to pay a fair share? Don't you think that is a function of what one means by fair and what the objective is? It seems nobody who is wealthy had the least bit of problem in gouging the working middle class and sucking them into the "Easy credit, no money down, take this home equity line and no problemo - we'll get you a mortgage, bubba" line of con, did they? Did anybody question whether the fees on administering your 401-K account or buying and selling stocks or getting into and out of a mutual fund MIGHT JUST BE EXORBITANT and unjustified? Oh, h*ll no. Any rules or regs along that line were left out of the legislation stuffing program entirely, huh? How about when your company went belly up stiffing all the shareholders while the key corporate executives still made out like bandits (which they were) and left the pink slipped employees pensionless as well as jobless? Did any law stop those a-holes from building mansions and leaving shareholders with NADA? Anybody go to jail for those infractions (well, aside from Mike Milken)?
You are the laughing stock. You ask a question about what I think is fair, then you go on to answer it with a delusional spiel about loans and investments and lost jobs or contractually obligated payouts to those who were wise enough to get their employment benefits and severance package put down in writing. Your rant is all over the place. Aren't people supposed to read what they sign? Those lines of credit were put down in writing before anyone signed and nobody twisted anybodies arms to make them sign. Same with investments. If you are going to invest it is best to do some research before hand and understand that nothing in life is guaranteed.
And what does any of this have to do with freebies for the lazy? You sound like you are out of your socialist mind old lady. Have you gone batshit crazy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama's farewell speech in Chicago felt like th... 4 min Carl 24
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 4 min Twizzler9793 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Aquarius-wy 1,478,946
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min dangit 256,236
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min USA 14,826
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 22,087
News Springsteen cover band changes tune, won't play... 9 min Cordwainer Trout 3
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 14 min Go Trump 17,635
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 1 hr Truth 133
More from around the web