The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391202 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#201636 Oct 27, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lurking?
I was in town with my husband having a meal with some friends.
I understand topix is the only life you have, but some of us have more than this place going on.
You have really lost all sense of reality.
Which one of you shemales wears the strapon?
1 post removed

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#201638 Oct 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing people need to learn---they are all corrupted and we are their pawns in the game of chess.
Regardless of Bush/Cheney--they own their corruptions. I have said this all along.
Obama is responsible for this and much, much more.
His intention to topple America by bankruptcy and the Obamacare is working and needless to say if you or myself or anyone else's party affiliation it doesn't matter a hoot. We stand to lose.
If the numbers continue aca is in deep trouble..

Medicaid enrollment spike a threat to Obamacare structure?

CBS News has confirmed that in Washington, of the more than 35,000 people newly enrolled, 87 percent signed up for Medicaid. In Kentucky, out of 26,000 new enrollments, 82 percent are in Medicaid. And in New York, of 37,000 enrollments, Medicaid accounts for 64 percent. And there are similar stories across the country in nearly half of the states that run their own exchanges.

Medicaid experts say they're not sure why they're seeing the lopsided enrollment numbers, but point out it's easier to enroll in Medicaid than private insurance.

An administration spokeswoman says coverage provided by the new law offers "a range of options so consumers can pick a plan that best meets their needs ... and their budget."

But Gail Wilensky, a former Medicaid director, said the numbers are causing concern in the insurance industry, which needs healthy adults to buy private insurance in large numbers for the system to work.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-576092...

Eagle

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#201639 Oct 27, 2013
What I Saw at the Anti-NSA Rally
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/10/26/...
I spent the morning with a few hundred people at the #StopWatchingUs rally near the Capitol. The location, next to the reflecting pool (the less famous of two on the mall), allowed a crowd to march dramatically from the rally point of Union Station and fill a space that, in the view of cameras, looked positively massive. And most of the cameras I saw belonged to foreign news organizations, which find it tough to resist a story of Americans rebelling against their own collapsing state.(One domestic journalist on site: Mike Isikoff, conducting interviews with non-Snowden whistleblowers, for NBC.)

Among the sponsors and speakers: 2012 Libertarian Party presidential candidate Johnson, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the ACLU, Code Pink. Among the attendees: More than a few Tea Partiers and young, small-l libertarians, possibily equaling those who could be put on the left.

Enthusiasm for the president was minimal.

Police circled the event but went largely unnoticed.

Jokes about the possible perversion of NSA snoopers were common.

As were references to the Constitution.

As were code jokes that I was too unsophisticated to get.

But nothing attracted the press like a Code Pink protester in a paper mache costume.
3 posts removed
another positronium

Northville, NY

#201643 Oct 27, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread went to hail long before I posted on it Rico.
Disagree, The president is still failing both sides.
4 posts removed
The Wizard of Ooze

Los Angeles, CA

#201648 Oct 27, 2013
another positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree, The president is still failing both sides.
Disagree, The thread has not brought down the President of the United States! The thread has failed, it's more a breeding ground for malcontents, weirdos and proxys who have no where else to go.

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#201649 Oct 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you and the winner is Michelle Obama's class mate who was awarded over $600 million tax payer's money to set a web site which could have been created for ONE Million dollars.
The data will be in election cycle next year and if it continues as it is the dems don't look so good.. Most of those enrolled already got medicaid on a sliding scale or for free.. Seniors losing their plans and having to select higher cost plans for coverage they didn't need with higher deductables.. You just watch and see more Americans will be without coverage pre aca than what the law was intended to cover.. Working less hours and need two or three part-time jobs just to make ends meet.. Regarding the cost of the site it is what it is and no doubt most of that lined a politicians pockets.. I am sure that will be breaking news down the road in a few years..

Eagle

#201650 Oct 27, 2013
Reality wrote:
One of my favorite recipes:
Easy to make and great for dinners for families and friends.
Corn Pudding
1 can white cream corn (use only white)
1/3 cup flour (all-purpose)
1/2 pint of whipping cream
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
6 oz. of Pet's evaporated milk. They usually sell in 12 oz. cans.
Mix all above ingredients together in a mixer just to cream together. Pour into a buttered glass baking dish. Top with pats of butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in an 8 x 10 glass dish for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Serves 8 to 10.
Will A Chicken That's Fed Lemons Taste Like Lemons?
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-09...
"Listen, if the chickens ate ginger and lemon, you would have a gingery, lemony chicken, I think."

A ginger-lemon chicken sounds fantastic! But, um, wait a second. Is that scientifically possible?

#201651 Oct 27, 2013
TEXAS DAD NOT HAPPY AFTER HE SAYS SCHOOL SLAPPED HIS SON WITH IN-SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR WEARING THIS ‘INTOLERABLE’ T-SHIRT
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/23/fa...
The green shirt worn by Christian Davidson, an eighth-grade student at Spring Hill Middle School in Longview, Texas, had an eagle printed in yellow on the front with a Bible verse on the back, an American flag on the left sleeve and the apparently controversial words on the left.
The verse was Romans 13:12, which states “The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”

The left shoulder of the shirt, which was designed by the father’s own company Maker’s Militia, has the words “God,”“guns” and “country” stacked.
Reality wrote:
Good night Patriots.
Love all of you.
May GOD Bless and protect you.
positing positronium

Northville, NY

#201652 Oct 27, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lurking?
I was in town with my husband having a meal with some friends.
I understand topix is the only life you have, but some of us have more than this place going on.
You have really lost all sense of reality.
There are more and more of us coming on board. It lightens the load on all of us.

“Tea Baggers are Traitors!!!”

Since: Oct 11

Ricoville, North America

#201653 Oct 27, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle Obama is better at living off the taxpayers dime than most Americans. I guess you're right. ROTFLMAO!!!
Pretty foolish of you to say that when she in fact had her own job up till 2009 or at least until Obama became President.

And BTW...... where in the heck do you think public servants get their paycheck from? Yes, the taxpayer so thank you for stating the obvious.

What will you tell us that's obvious next?

That grass is green?

That we breath air?

That you're retarded?

Ricoville, North America

#201654 Oct 27, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
TEXAS DAD NOT HAPPY AFTER HE SAYS SCHOOL SLAPPED HIS SON WITH IN-SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR WEARING THIS ‘INTOLERABLE’ T-SHIRT
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/23/fa...
The green shirt worn by Christian Davidson, an eighth-grade student at Spring Hill Middle School in Longview, Texas, had an eagle printed in yellow on the front with a Bible verse on the back, an American flag on the left sleeve and the apparently controversial words on the left.
The verse was Romans 13:12, which states “The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
The left shoulder of the shirt, which was designed by the father’s own company Maker’s Militia, has the words “God,”“guns” and “country” stacked.
<quoted text>
People like that are no different than a muslim jihadist terrorist... the very thing they hate.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#201655 Oct 27, 2013
Meanwhile back at the ranch….You should like this one its right up your butt.
Why Obamacare? Only naives of the medical world would question that.“OR” corruptive supporters of austerity.
A sampling of Health Care cost in the USA versus other Nations.
USA avg. cost for an Angiogram $914 Canada’s cost $35 ! Colonoscopy USA $1,185 Switzerland $655 ! USA hip replacement $40,364 Spain $7,731! USA Liptor $124.00 New Zealand $6.00! USA MRI scan $1,121, Netherlands $319!
.Source: 2012 Comparative Price Report by the International Federation of Health Plans. The average prices shown for colonoscopies do NOT include added fees for sedation by an anesthesiologist, a practice common in the United States, but unusual in the rest of the world. The additional charges can increase the cost “significantly.”
Here is a sample of actual colonoscopy cost to some patients in the USA.
Deirdre Yapalater recent colonoscopy in Merrick N.Y. that went smoothly as routine cancer screening can be expected. Nothing found and she was billed $6,385! Which is closer to the norm. Matt Meyer of Keen N.H. colonoscopy bill $7,563.56. Maggie Christ, Chappaqua N.Y. received her bill for colonoscopy $9142.84!
Insurance companies were responsive to those patients charges by increasing their premiums by 10%, rising co-payments and deductibles. Price of quality? Not so, for numerous studies have discovered that Americans do not get better Health Care than the Nations that provide this procedure for less than $1,000 max.
International Federation of Health Plans list the USA as the highest most costly in all of the 21 categories that they investigated. Cost difference significantly larger than that of Nations that have private or national systems for their Health Care. Hip replacement in USA four time that of Switzerland and France. Caesarean section three times of New Zealand or Britain. USA Nasonex for allergies $108, Spain’s price $21. Hospital stays triple that of the rest of the developed nations. Reported from the Commonwealth Fund Foundation in their studies of health policies.
….Colonoscopy moved from the doctors routine examination to surgical atmospheres. More economical scenarios for this procedure is still practiced through out the developed world.
We’ve defaulted to by far, the most expensive option, without much if any data to support it,” said Dr. H. Gilbert Welch, a professor of medicine at the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice.
…“The U.S. just pays providers of health care much more for everything,” said Tom Sackville, chief executive of the health plans federation and a former British health minister.
Obamacare about to take center stage will be addressing these issue as well as many others. Hopefully in time to suppress the growing tide of Medical Tourist seeking the Liberal International Free Trade Markets with their medical competitors.

Ricoville, North America

#201656 Oct 27, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
She peels a mean banana.....
I'm pretty sure all women "peel a mean banana"... heck, I bet you do too.
1 post removed

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#201658 Oct 27, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Democrats have a jobs bill that would assist the poor and the middle class and reduce unemployment."
Just explain how..
"The Republicans have nothing that would work NOW and which, according to economists who have evaluated their proposals, would have minimal positive impact in the near term but might possibly yield results in the future (years)."
You have to plant the seeds first to get the garden to start growing..
Eagle
Let's start here, Eagle:

Republican Jobs Bills Won't Actually Create Jobs, Say Economists

Posted: 07/24/2012

In interviews conducted by The Huffington Post with five economists, most said the GOP jobs package would have no meaningful impact on job creation in the near term. Some said it was not likely to do much in the long term, either.

"A lot of these things are laughable in terms of a jobs plan that would produce noticeable improvements across the country in the availability of employment in the next four or five years," said Gary Burtless, a senior economist at Brookings. "Even in the long run, if they have any effect all, it would be extremely marginal, relative to the jobs deficit we currently have."

Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moody's Analytics, agreed that the bills would have almost no effect on job creation in the short term, though he was slightly more optimistic about their long-term prospects.

"These kind of changes will matter over a period of three to five years," Zandi said. "It takes that long before businesses can digest changes and respond to them."

He noted, though, that legislation as narrowly targeted as the Republican package is unlikely to do much for real job creation.

"For it to show up in a meaningful way in the natural economy, you can make specific changes that could affect a specific industry or a few companies, but it's not going to make a big difference in terms of the monthly job numbers," Zandi said. "It takes some very significant changes across lots of different industries to really make a big difference."...(cont.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/repu...

Contrast that with this:

Economists Like the Jobs Act a Lot More Than Congress

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/...

Although we've been down this road before, I find, as with most other issues, you have no ability to retain the information which seems to go in one ear and out the other with you. So, read it for yourself and reach your own conclusions.

This is no different than repeatedly informing you of the truth about Keystone XL, and you NEVER remember that the latest research shoots those large "jobs created" numbers right out of the water and out of existence. How many times must we point the same thing out before you connect?
1 post removed
positronium

Northville, NY

#201660 Oct 27, 2013
original positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
Is welfare a noun or adjective?
Ask posigrammar. You are not a firm member. You are the type that would steal my identity in the real world, sharpshooter, Rico or whomever you are.
1 post removed

Ricoville, North America

#201662 Oct 27, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Why Obamacare? Only naives of the medical world would question that.“OR” corruptive supporters of austerity.
USA avg. cost for an Angiogram $914 Canada’s cost $35 ! Colonoscopy USA $1,185 Switzerland $655 ! USA hip replacement $40,364 Spain $7,731! USA Liptor $124.00 New Zealand $6.00! USA MRI scan $1,121, Netherlands $319!
.Source: 2012 Comparative Price Report by the International Federation of Health Plans. The average prices shown for colonoscopies do NOT include added fees for sedation by an anesthesiologist, a practice common in the United States, but unusual in the rest of the world. The additional charges can increase the cost “significantly.”
Deirdre Yapalater recent colonoscopy in Merrick N.Y. that went smoothly as routine cancer screening can be expected. Nothing found and she was billed $6,385! Which is closer to the norm. Matt Meyer of Keen N.H. colonoscopy bill $7,563.56. Maggie Christ, Chappaqua N.Y. received her bill for colonoscopy $9142.84!
Insurance companies were responsive to those patients charges by increasing their premiums by 10%, rising co-payments and deductibles. Price of quality? Not so, for numerous studies have discovered that Americans do not get better Health Care than the Nations that provide this procedure for less than $1,000 max.
International Federation of Health Plans list the USA as the highest most costly in all of the 21 categories that they investigated. Cost difference significantly larger than that of Nations that have private or national systems for their Health Care. Hip replacement in USA four time that of Switzerland and France. Caesarean section three times of New Zealand or Britain. USA Nasonex for allergies $108, Spain’s price $21. Hospital stays triple that of the rest of the developed nations. Reported from the Commonwealth Fund Foundation in their studies of health policies.
….Colonoscopy moved from the doctors routine examination to surgical atmospheres. More economical scenarios for this procedure is still practiced through out the developed world.
We’ve defaulted to by far, the most expensive option, without much if any data to support it,” said Dr. H. Gilbert Welch, a professor of medicine at the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice.
…“The U.S. just pays providers of health care much more for everything,” said Tom Sackville, chief executive of the health plans federation and a former British health minister.
Obamacare about to take center stage will be addressing these issue as well as many others. Hopefully in time to suppress the growing tide of Medical Tourist seeking the Liberal International Free Trade Markets with their medical competitors.
So the moral of the story here is that tea baggers and the anti-Obamacare crowd want to pay more for their services!!!

#201663 Oct 27, 2013
The Ricomeister wrote:
<quoted text>
People like that are no different than a muslim jihadist terrorist... the very thing they hate.
Islam's Jihad against the West is centuries old
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/4227/is...
So here we are, paying the price of being an ahistorical society. A few years after the Islamic strikes of 9/11 -- merely the latest in the centuries-long, continents-wide jihad on the West -- Americans elected a man with a Muslim name for president, who empowers the same ideology that their ancestors lived in mortal fear of, even as they sit by and watch to their future detriment.

“and I don't care....”

The Burbs, USA

#201664 Oct 27, 2013
positing positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more and more of us coming on board. It lightens the load on all of us.
Get on Board the XLAX XPRS!

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT TIL YOUR SATIFIED!!

http://youtu.be/qDXMnBigrRA

B T EXPRESS
{RAILROADED MUSIC]

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#201665 Oct 27, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
But yet the writer couldn't even spell "lipitor" correct..

"The average prices shown for colonoscopies do NOT include added fees for sedation by an anesthesiologist, a practice common in the United States, but unusual in the rest of the world. The additional charges can increase the cost “significantly.”"

Who wants sub-standard care??

"Obamacare about to take center stage will be addressing these issue as well as many others. Hopefully in time to suppress the growing tide of Medical Tourist seeking the Liberal International Free Trade Markets with their medical competitors."

Interesting.. Explain why many Canadians and other's from other countries come to the USA for treatment??

Eagle
positronium

Northville, NY

#201666 Oct 27, 2013
Billys FB Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Senior Citizen's Sunday special at Denny's again, Jack?
I've been to the denny's on honeyrun pkway near big oaks national wildlife refuge a few years ago. One of the firm lives near there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Republican Party is dead 1 min Le Jimbo 2,276
News Divided America: Clinton highlights lack of wom... 2 min Strong Wakamoto 13
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,404,027
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min thetruth 20,582
News Sanders booed by supporters as he urges them to... 7 min Le Jimbo 1
News The dream dies hard for the Bernie Or Bust crow... 7 min Le Jimbo 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 10 min Big C 14,679
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 1 hr spud 135
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 hr spud 198
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Abe 232,974
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 10 hr spud 166
More from around the web