The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393272 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#200771 Oct 26, 2013
NSA spying threatens to hamper US foreign policy

WASHINGTON (AP)— Secretary of State John Kerry landed in Rome and Paris to talk about Mideast peace, Syria and Iran but was confronted by outrage over the sweep and scope of U.S. snooping abroad. President Barack Obama already has defended America's surveillance dragnet to leaders of Russia, Mexico, Brazil, France and Germany and was even quizzed about it during his birthday appearance on late-night television.

In the short run, Obama and Kerry are trying to quell international anger over classified disclosures by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden. Longer term, Snowden's revelations about NSA tactics — that allegedly include tapping up to 35 world leaders' cellphones — threaten to undermine U.S. foreign policy in a host of areas.

It's the vacuum-cleaner approach to data collection that has rattled foreign allies. "The magnitude of the eavesdropping is what shocked us," former French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said in a radio interview. "Let's be honest, we eavesdrop too. Everyone is listening to everyone else. But we don't have the same means as the United States, which makes us jealous."

The disclosures not only raise the question: Where in the world isn't the NSA? They also sparked debate about whether tapping the phones of allies is a step too far. The question might already be moot. The British ambassador to Lebanon, Tom Fletcher, tweeted this week: "I work on assumption that 6+ countries tap my phone. Increasingly rare that diplomats say anything sensitive on calls."

Diplomatic relations are built on trust. If America's credibility is in question, the U.S. will find it harder to maintain alliances, influence world opinion and maybe even seal trade deals.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#200772 Oct 26, 2013
14,000 Hiroshimas Still Hang in the Fukushima Air…
http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/10/10/14000-...
Since none of the six GE-designed Daiichi reactors has a containment over the fuel pools, that radiation poured directly into the atmosphere. Dozens more designed like these reactors operate in the US and around the world.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#200773 Oct 26, 2013
Police chase gunman, hostages across Mojave Desert

RIDGECREST, Calif.(AP)— Police were investigating a deadly shooting in this Mojave Desert city when they got a chilling call — from the killer.

Sergio Munoz said he wanted to deliver a "package" to police and kill officers, but to avoid being outgunned at the station he would instead "wreak havoc" elsewhere.

Munoz kept his word Friday during a nearly hour-long chase. With two hostages in the trunk of his car, Munoz sped along some 30 miles of desert highway, taking shots at passing motorists and trying to run oncoming cars off the road before police finally killed him in a hail of gunfire.

Investigators were puzzling over what triggered the rampage by Munoz, 39, a reputed heroin dealer with a criminal record stretching back at least two decades.

There were signs that his life had been unraveling.

The sister of the man wounded in a pre-dawn shooting that began the deadly day said Munoz was a heroin dealer who had been staying at her brother's house for about two weeks.

Dawn Meier told The Associated Press her brother, Thaddeus Meier, told her Munoz was a good friend he wanted to help out so let him crash, but that Munoz had been using and dealing black tar heroin.

She moved out of the house a week ago to join her boyfriend, who lived next door, after he insisted she get her 7-month-old son away from the drug-related traffic.

Her boyfriend, Derrick Holland, said that on Thursday he heard Munoz complaining in the yard about how his life was falling apart and he was losing everything "due to drugs."

Ridgecrest police said Munoz had lost his job recently.

Early Friday morning, Munoz showed up and told Thaddeus Meier, "We're going to reduce all of the snitches in town," Dawn Meier said her brother recounted from the hospital.

When her brother declined, Munoz shot him at least twice, then shot and killed Meier's girlfriend.

Later that morning, Munoz called a police officer on his cellphone, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said at a press conference.

Munoz said he had a package for police and wanted to come to the police station and "kill all the officers but they had too many guns," Youngblood said.

Police now believe the "package" was the hostages.

Nearly two hours later, a sheriff's deputy spotted Munoz's car and a pursuit began through the shrub-dotted desert about 150 miles north of Los Angeles.

Munoz ran traffic off the road, firing at least 10 times at passing vehicles with a shotgun and a handgun. No motorists were hurt, Youngblood said.

At one point during the chase, Munoz pulled over and the car's trunk popped open, revealing a man and woman inside. They appeared to shut the trunk, the sheriff said. Munoz got back in the car and sped off.

In the end, Munoz pulled over again on U.S. 395, turned in his seat and began shooting into the trunk. As many as seven officers opened fire and killed the man.

The hostages were flown to a hospital in critical condition, but were expected to survive.

Munoz is a felon with convictions dating back to 1994, when he was sentenced to more than two years in prison for receiving stolen property.

In May, he was arrested for possessing ammunition as a felon, but the felony charge was dismissed. Munoz was most recently arrested Sunday for investigation of possessing controlled substance paraphernalia and a felony charge of possessing ammunition as a felon. Dawn Meier said police found a syringe at the home where the slaying would happen five days later.

Ridgecrest is a city of about 27,000 people adjacent to the vast Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake, which sprawls over more than 1,700 square miles of desert. U.S. 395 runs through the western Mojave, below the eastern flank of the Sierra Nevada.

Ridgecrest Mayor Dan Clark called the incident disturbing, especially because the small city is relatively crime free.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#200774 Oct 26, 2013
Bluefin Tuna in California: ALL Contaminated With Radiation
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/10/blu...
Every bluefin tuna caught in California waters is believed to be contaminated with radiation that originated in Fukushima, according to a new report.

Yes, every single fish tested.
Sunlight Foundation com

Oakdale, NY

#200775 Oct 26, 2013
Positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Exposed him for what?
http://tinyurl.com/62nmcq
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200776 Oct 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess would be all the racist comments and things he said about "minorities" either exposed him as a true bigot, or someone willing to say anything just to provoke another poster.
BTW...what's up with your location changing all day long?
Seems to me that all of those that were cozying up to him several weeks ago have all turned on him. What's up with that?
Changing location? The firm has unrivaled mobility. We have our own infrastructure. No big deal.
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200777 Oct 26, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right Rose!
Posi's a figment of his own firm.
Actually you are correct in the sense that I am an entity that speaks for the firm's members in the virtual world, a figment of those such as I.
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200778 Oct 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey V.
I posted a link to that video from the show either yesterday or the day before.
It was absolutely amazing to watch. That guy was an idiot.
After he made some really stupid comments, the interviewer asked him "You know we can hear you right?"
I saw that the video is on the page you linked to.
It's worth a watch.
Southern bigotry at its finest, IMO. He reminds me of old time southern democrats. He must be a RINO. lol
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200779 Oct 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, That`s what he said about you. As many others have too. I bet you also knew that a pigs D*ck looks like a cork screw.
That's where the term "screwing" came from, when pigs were allowed to wander the streets and people watched what they sometimes did. We still allow pigs to wander the streets but they have to be clothed and not cloven.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200780 Oct 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
X-Man , Vorenus and Rose are Beaners!
It's amazing how tough you are while hiding behind a computer.
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200781 Oct 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the problem with doing that is it would only take highlighting the poem and conducting a search to unmask my true identity and that isn't something I am willing to do. Had I wanted you to know my real name, I would have created an account with it like Jaxxon did. We all know how that turned out for him. Yeah, pass.
That is very true and that is keeping me from showing you some that I have authored that I know in my heart of hearts you would appreciate.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200782 Oct 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you like to discuss Jaxxon? Sold any fighting cocks lately?
Sorry buddy but I doubt jack is into your division... "mini cocks".
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200783 Oct 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
What would Quirk know about beautiful women?
I've dated more beautiful women than he could count and I married a man.
That's gotta hurt.
The only beautiful women Q-cumber knows are found in his sticky paged XXX magazines.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200784 Oct 26, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I'm sure you have something lying around that isn't published Dp.
If not, you can always create something. Someone with your..confidence, should have no problem creating something brilliant.
He's good at publishing 100% grade "A" bullshit.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200785 Oct 26, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've dated more beautiful women than he could count and I married a man"
LMAO!!
I believe that. I think he knows that too..
The trash he surrounds himself with here on Topix [e.g: Bonnie, Monica, American Lady, Reality] is a manifest proof that what he likes on the outside cannot possibly be any better.

.... and I'm sure the only time he gets a decent piece of azz is when he goes to a Nevada Brothel.
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200786 Oct 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The white man's world was created by white men and it's a really nice place to live and raise families. As a result it attracts other people who see that world and want to be a part of it. The problem is, the white man's world has rules that must be followed in order for it to remain a really nice place to live and raise families. Other people are not always aware of these rules and find themselves behind bars inside the white man's world. There is always people who defend the rule breakers calling the white man racist for taking away the rule breakers freedom. When those voices become a majority, that is when that world no longer can be considered a white man's world anymore and it's a really effed up place to live and not really the ideal place to raise families. Of course the smart white men packed up their families and moved to a new place and began building a whole new white mans world long before the old place turned into ghettos and barrios.
No, most minorities are geniuses.
Despite the objections you are going to get from some here, I like what you are saying....... And yes we keep building, don't we? And keep innovating, and discovering and above all, Keep aspiring.
And YES we built it.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200787 Oct 26, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Quirky used to depreciat our neighborhoods with his ignorance,
So we kicked him out of Cali.
He claimed to have lived in East Los Angeles years ago but when the illegals began moving in, they started complaining to the City that he was a public nuisance and eventually the Mayor, Sheriff and some Patriotic illegal aliens who will get citizenship soon ran old dirtbag Quirky out of town.

It's pretty bad when the illegals run you out of town.

True story too.
positronium

Hadley, NY

#200788 Oct 26, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for God's sake, not this same bullsh*t again tonight.
You want to be known as the Grand Wizard of the topix bigots it's fine by me, but can we please skip the part where you pretend to be all offended because people call your posts bigoted?
I don't think they are bigoted but of course I have been called a bigot a time or two.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200789 Oct 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, But in your case you never even got past first base due to your chicken shit inhibitions embedded in your psyche.
Like No , No , No , A Vagina? Yuck, You like azzes better.
"Johnny Are You Queer?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NZ2X2_ts5KwXX
So called straight but "In the closet" bottom boys like you act more gay than a gay person could ever. That says a lot about your character.
Rico the Manly Man

Walnut, CA

#200790 Oct 26, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we all hail from neighboring towns in Boston Mass.
We're all Irish.
Quirky eats beans too thus he's a beaner as well. However... he's a dirty beaner because he doesn't wash his beans before cooking & eating them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Dogen 204,955
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,418,860
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Coffee Party 222,480
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Frankendrumpf 239,445
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 14 min Chicagoan by Birth 489
News Gray calls for roads, technology to help coal r... 15 min kuda 19
News White House says Obama will donate to Kayla Mue... 16 min RustyS 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr asd 7,734
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 7 hr asd 341
More from around the web