The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384561 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#196275 Oct 15, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahhahahah!
Yes, and who the f*ck are YOU?
What really makes me laugh is the stupidity of certain posters here and then the blatant hypocrisy to boot. You all troll around just looking to instigate a fight. Or you post with proxies and grey box and cuss up a storm with the most vulgar and profane filth about incest and nonstop lies about my personal life and my family.
And all you've got on me is some curse words?
LMAO! Yeah, I find that f*cking hilarious!
These are middle-aged and older bullies, and that's a tribute to their low IQ's and the fact that none of them IS anybody. They need a crowd of bullies to reassure themselves that they're "special". The kind of special they are is the same kind of special I just heard a sheriff in Winter Haven, FLA discuss after arresting two bullies in the suicide death of 14 year old Rebecca Ann Sedwick. But, these Neanderthals are adults.

Yeah. They're friggin' hilarious, almost as funny as Cujo was.

WeDeserveBetter

Oneonta, NY

#196276 Oct 15, 2013
AETNA:'So much wrong'...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101110161

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#196277 Oct 15, 2013
Tom Toles for October
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/tom-to...
The latest from the Washington Post’s editorial cartoonist.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#196278 Oct 15, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh there is the claim of all liberals advocating handouts ... They're not for me I have a job, I'm not poor, I don't get assistance ... Yet your all on the handout train.
Ok... from now on don't you dare tell me that you're a Christian and that this Nation is based on Christian values or any of that hocus pocus BS you bigots love to use when it comes to your oxymoronic conservative ideology becuase you and your greed is the complete opposite of every religion & belief on Gods green planet.

Now in the name of Jesus... DROP DEAD!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#196279 Oct 15, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand where you are coming from now...
here's a little clue: first, the entitlement folks will 'attack' other entitlement folks... sorta like they commit 99.9% of their crimes 1) in their neighborhoods and 2) on each other.
after they have waged raids on each other, then those left will come for you and me... in quite less numbers, I might add.
why? because they know the WEAKEST prey are folks like themslves. folks like you and me actually have 'stuff' that we earned... like guns and ammo... and are willing to fight to keep.
so, folks like you support 'entitlement' programs out of fear and self-interest.
I understand... completely.
You give the poor just enough to keep them at bay because if you don't... you'll pay for it in some other way e.g. prison, death, more crime than we have now etc etc!!!

And you mentioned my self interest... well it's in your interest also.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#196280 Oct 15, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... from now on don't you dare tell me that you're a Christian and that this Nation is based on Christian values or any of that hocus pocus BS you bigots love to use when it comes to your oxymoronic conservative ideology becuase you and your greed is the complete opposite of every religion & belief on Gods green planet.
Now in the name of Jesus... DROP DEAD!!!
'Jesus Christ' Challenges AIDS Walk Los Angeles Anti-Gay Protesters
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/jesu...
A man dressed as Jesus Christ arrived to protest anti-gay protestors at the AIDS Walk Los Angeles. Some might call it an act of "divine intervention."

In the midst of the picketing, a man dressed like Jesus in a white tunic and full beard arrived to challenge the protestors. He stood alongside the hatemongers on the sidewalk while carrying a bunch of red balloons.

“Proud to be an American”

Since: Jan 10

America

#196281 Oct 15, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Please pull your head out of your azz, and try to comprehend the reality of this backfiring blackmail ploy:
The shutdown
Why we get government by entitlement
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...
Oct 15th 2013,
......[EXCERPT:]
.....People like to joke that America's government is basically an insurance company with an army. The never-ending series of payment crises Republicans have concocted over the past few years are rendering this ever truer. Increasingly, entitlement programmes and defence are the only two functions the government can be counted on to actually pay for—and I'm not even sure about the latter.
I believe you are right. America is an Insurance Company with a Army. Pretty Cool don't you think?
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#196282 Oct 15, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Condoms and some smoke too. See ya soon and try to wash it some for what its worth.
I gotta say.. What is the deal? I think most readers have had enough of that kind of continual vulgar attack on a poster. What's the deal? You are making us all look bad. JMHO. Friend or foe...Please give it a rest.

America

#196283 Oct 15, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dollar Store's Food-and-Cigarettes Strategy Is Working
Last year, Family Dollar decided it sold enough cheap detergent and school supplies — what it needed was food and cigarettes. Its research found that many of its customers smoke, and smokers tend to make frequent trips to buy cigarettes — maybe they’d pick up some groceries and whatnot while they were there. Food is also something people buy frequently, so the combination hopefully would boost traffic. So the discount chain teamed up with McLane, a grocery and tobacco supplier to convenience and drug stores, to add refrigerated and frozen foods such as DiGiorno Pizza, Eggo Waffles, and Stouffer’s Lasagna. So far, it’s working.
I know I used to avoid the dollar general until they started selling cigarettes.
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#196284 Oct 15, 2013
For Obama, budget fight has high stakes for agenda
WASHINGTON (AP)— For President Barack Obama, the outcome of this week's fiscal fights with Republicans could have broad consequences for his stalled second-term agenda.

A favorable deal for the White House might give Obama an opening to marginalize the tea party Republicans who have tried to win concessions from him in order to reopen the government and raise the nation's debt ceiling. But if no agreement is reached by Thursday's debt limit deadline, Obama will become the first modern president to preside over a government default, a dubious distinction with potentially calamitous economic consequences that could consume the White House for the foreseeable future.

Another, perhaps more likely, option: Obama ends up signing short term bills that keep Washington in the never-ending cycle of deadline-driven budget battles. For Obama, that would mean fiscal issues would keep consuming the oxygen in the nation's capital at a time when he is already watching his window for passing significant domestic legislation close.

"It's a ticking clock," Julian Zelizer, a political historian at Princeton University, said of presidential second terms. "He's already into the red zone in terms of getting things done."

Questions about Obama's political clout also deepened last month, when congressional lawmakers, including many Democrats, appeared on the brink of rejecting his request for approving military action against Syria. A last-minute diplomatic overture from Russia prevented Obama from having to hold a vote, saving him from what would have almost certainly been an embarrassing defeat.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/ap_story/...
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#196285 Oct 15, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>I gotta say.. What is the deal? I think most readers have had enough of that kind of continual vulgar attack on a poster. What's the deal? You are making us all look bad. JMHO. Friend or foe...Please give it a rest.
Agreed!

Evening Bonnie.

America

#196286 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Hahahhahahah!
Yes, and who the f*ck are YOU?
What really makes me laugh is the stupidity of certain posters here and then the blatant hypocrisy to boot. You all troll around just looking to instigate a fight. Or you post with proxies and grey box and cuss up a storm with the most vulgar and profane filth about incest and nonstop lies about my personal life and my family.
And all you've got on me is some curse words?
LMAO! Yeah, I find that f*cking hilarious!
Hi Rose! I replied to your PM. Did you read it yet? I only post with my old registered account. Why are you mad at me? I only responded because I think you are awesome! You cuss like a sailor and seem to handle your booze pretty well too. I like that in a Sailor! You a Man?

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#196287 Oct 15, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
and I like your idea about raising the number of quarters to be eligiable.
matter of fact, if one is NOT eligiable for SS, why get FEDERAL disability, either?
once we let the FG into the retirement arena, is it any wonder IT then got into the disability and welfare business?lol
something about the ol' slippery slope-thingee...
people NEVER, ever learn, do they?
btw, I was listening to CSPAN this AM and a black person called in on the 'Indie' line and made the comment that Reps are anti-entitlement and therefore anti-people of color(specifically blacks).
doesn't this 'Indie' realize that, still, WHITES make up the MAJORITY of those receiving these bennies?
wouldn't that make the Reps ANTI-WHITE?LOL
how does one argue with/against LIARS and 3Ders(specifically Progressives)? without calling them, loudly and often, what they ARE?
(sigh)
Raising up the credits should be a no brainer along with one year to retirement age.. Lifting the cap same as well.. I would rather see that than raising it up 2 or 3 years and leaving the credits alone.. I mean if you are lets say 65 and haven't earned 60 credits you wasted your life.. Regarding SSD you have to have your credits before you can get that.. SSI is different as far as I know and done through the state.. I really don't know anyone on it and those few here that does don't discuss it either.. Hell they don't even discuss what their SS or SSD is either.. Not even their medicare or private insurance.. I really don't know what the big secret is bot ole well..

Eagle

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#196288 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Too funny.
They all went berserk when I became a Topix Editor. I remember Barnes running all over the threads and announcing that WIR had become an Editor. Then they went on this campaign to shut that down. Winston was behind that.
Man, they must have felt really threatened to pull all the crap they did, and they still haven't gotten rid of me. Hahahhahah!
But let's see who's missing from that group of lying hypocrites and bigots:
Barnes/Torchwood
Winston
Ladyfed
Mudstomper/The Runt
Citizen Jane
Ann (one of the most vulgar, nastiest of posters ever)
Betsy Ross
Flappity Flap
Agent of Chaos
OkBuilder
Plainfield Mom
And a host of others. The rest have to hide behind proxies and post grey box like the cowards they are. LOL!
I remember all those names. I was a noob back then and stood in that Mexico take over by 2014 thread for several months before I spread my wings and went to other threads.

Torchwood was annoying and well you know, her & I used to bump heads. I also remember the proxies and the nasty crap they'd throw at you... heck they still do it.

You're obviously envied by all of them.

I can see that old Monica is busy envying you as usual also today. That poor man tranny, he has no life.

“Speak softly”

Since: Oct 07

Carry a big sword

#196289 Oct 15, 2013
Sarah Rosencrantz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
Word is you're down to 238 lbs!
You go girl!
Okay thanks!

“Speak softly”

Since: Oct 07

Carry a big sword

#196290 Oct 15, 2013
Sarah Rosencrantz wrote:
<quoted text>
You showed your picture a few years ago on Topix. I kept it like I have pictures Rose doesnt want other people to see
I KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
Smallish. Dark complexioned. Slight build.
Kinda like Tatoo on Fantasy Island
da plane boss da plane
You dont scare anybody little man
X-Man hasn't been around for a few years, Sarah. But that pile of soiled adult diapers in the corner of your room has been.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#196291 Oct 15, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Evening Bonnie.
Hi Quirk. I have been one busy girl. LOL.. What's new?

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#196292 Oct 15, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before... you stand no chance defending yourself against the poor when push comes to shove. That EBT glitch is just a manifest proof of the desperation the poor have yet you think that watching "doomsday preppers" is your surefire way to survive when these people come knocking at your door.
LOL!!!
I don't know about the EBT glitch (been working all day)but no doubt their benefits will be cut next month for what they spent..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#196293 Oct 15, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Those lazy mooches would be too busy killing each other in the big city to bother coming out to a rural town looking for a sack of beans and a sack of rice. They would be busting down the store fronts of jewelry stores and electronic outlets. If they are going to starve to death, they want to look good doing it.
Kinda like the big screen tv's after katrina?? LOL..

Eagle
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#196294 Oct 15, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Quirk. I have been one busy girl. LOL.. What's new?
Bracing for the cold and learning some new songs. Being busy is good.

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Striking Verizon workers to return Wednesday; d... 2 min YourEx 1
News Secret Service investigating Trump's ex-butler ... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 528
News Hillary's email line crumbles 3 min WasteWater 37
News Trump: Those in US illegally treated better tha... 5 min YourEx 11
Time to go? (Jun '15) 6 min Into The Night 11,194
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Realtime 1,384,011
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques Orleans 214,623
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 41 min Good riddance 8,738
News Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina g... 54 min davy 154
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 55 min Vote UKIP 1,116
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 5 hr woodtick57 1,070
More from around the web