The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409490 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Chesty Puller

Denver, CO

#195586 Oct 13, 2013
Philliproy wrote:
Are you Obamabots enjoying your meatless Sundays as the 140 degree rays of Hurricane Sandy induced global warming relentlessly pound into your starving carcasses? Ha, ha. Have fun, mindless ones! And, be sure to read your Democrap Talking Points carefully.
F ing moronic imbecile Oblama and others think the young and productive are going to sign up by the tens of millions and pay ridiculously high premiums to support the moochers,not going to happen, people will do whatever it takes to avoid paying, Oblamacare destined to fail, libs are so stupid.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#195587 Oct 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot. I made a genuine work contribution to this country and paid my taxes long enough to earn my social security pension that supplements two corporate pensions which were also earned. I don't demand more, you fool. But, I don't expect LESS than what was expected and promised when I signed on - involuntarily, I might add.
We had no choice about social security contributions. They came out of pay checks automatically up to a set amount each and every your during my employment. Where do you get off saying I live off government? You should be absolutely embarrassed, but since you've signed on with the fringers, you've become every bit as big a prevaricator as the worst of them.
Live off the government? I admit it. This truly does p*ss me off when I read that from people who STILL haven't yet earned the right to draw when they get old. It's a disgusting spectacle of ageism and stupidity. You're in good company over there. Just stay on your side of the fence.
You paid enough in social security to receive your fair share. You didn't pay enough to demand that we give Medicaid to people who will never pay into the program.

Seriously! People are tired of working and paying for lazy peoples entitlements. You aren't watching the world outside. Why should you? Kentucky is one of those death spiral states too. More than half of the population of your state depends upon federal, state or local government for a paycheck. You are one of them. The minority working in the private sector in your state is carrying the burden of 1.2 fellow Kentuckians and is getting tired of it. They are seriously ready to start killing people just to lighten the load. Is that the society you want for your grandchildren?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#195588 Oct 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Click on Social Stream
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mlr13
No
1 post removed
beautifully crazy

Denver, CO

#195590 Oct 13, 2013
Crazy Beautiful wrote:
What's crackalackin' people??
The traitor and habitual liar Oblama continues the destruction of America , clueless Topix libs continue to invent excuses for his disgraceful behavior.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#195591 Oct 13, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You paid enough in social security to receive your fair share. You didn't pay enough to demand that we give Medicaid to people who will never pay into the program.
Seriously! People are tired of working and paying for lazy peoples entitlements. You aren't watching the world outside. Why should you? Kentucky is one of those death spiral states too. More than half of the population of your state depends upon federal, state or local government for a paycheck. You are one of them. The minority working in the private sector in your state is carrying the burden of 1.2 fellow Kentuckians and is getting tired of it. They are seriously ready to start killing people just to lighten the load. Is that the society you want for your grandchildren?
I'm not willing to resort to cannibalism either. You can suit yourself.

Do you understand why this state is poor? It's not the part of the state where I live that is responsible for our ranking. We have a big swath that incorporates Appalachia where poverty is deeply entrenched and opportunity has always been lacking.

Killing people? You're insane. I have no idea who you've been talking to who thinks that way, but keep reporting here. I'm fairly confident that you can attract some attention by the proper authorities who will be curious about exactly what you mean and who your "Kentucky" contacts are who are willing to kill to lighten the load.
Veteran

Denver, CO

#195592 Oct 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Several tea party politicians attended the protest, including Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin..."
So, what we're really talking about is a political stunt and a whole new level of hypocrisy from the extreme right.
Typical and transparent.
Idiotic as usual, I see veterans disgusted by the dirtbag traitor Oblamas, vengeful, vindictive, petulant and spiteful illegal behavior. How long have you been a Nazi?

Bozeman, MT

#195593 Oct 13, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The tea party and this extreme right politics only came about after waking up one morning and finding they had a black President. That was the final nail in the coffin for them, and all this bull$hit about taxes and expenditure has just been a smoke screen. Their primary goal is to get rid of Obama & that's it! No if's or but's
You're wrong.

I know for a fact had Hillary won the nomination, the Tea Party would still have been formed. The Tea Party is not a racist organization. Whomever told you it was is a liar.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#195594 Oct 13, 2013
Oblamapuke wrote:
vCrowd of veterans, supporters storm World War II Memorial in Washington
A growing group pushed through barriers on the National Mall Sunday to protest the ongoing federal government shutdown. Several tea party politicians attended the protest, including Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/crow...
F the traitorous douchebag Obama.
Again, this how dumb these tea party talibans are, attending a protest against themselves. THEY CREATED THE SHUTDOWN and now they are complaining about it. If any good will come of this, the vast majority of Americans will see this for what it is, and the Republicans will take a hit next election like no other in their history. Which is a good thing, Tea Party should be treated the same way as Nazi's in Germany if they stick their head up anywhere then they are thrown in jail.
1 post removed

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#195596 Oct 13, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real or just plain stupid. If a country gives you an opportunity to create wealth it is perfectly acceptable that the country gets a share of the wealth you create. Otherwise we would all still be in the stone age, no roads, no water, no sanitation, no schools, no defence, no infrastructure.
If you keep singling out welfare as some sort of hindrance for the rich not to become richer you are deluded. A wealthy person needs the vast population buying their product or services to become wealthy in the first place. Without that they have NOTHING, well this is what the country provides. Pay your taxes and ask can you pay more to be grateful for this opportunity. Just remember the more spending power you give the greater population the richer you get. That is what capitalism is all about, not shrinking the spending power to only the 5%'rs. You are on a downhill slide to nowhere with that BS.
Roads are paid with by the road tax on the gasoline and diesel I purchase for my vehicles. The water is paid for by the monthly bill I get. Sewer and trash is included on that bill. The local schools are paid for with the property tax land owners pay. Defense is paid for with income tax taken from paychecks of workers. Other local and state public services are paid for with sales taxes. Other programs like the state child health insurance program is payed for by excise taxes placed on cigarette sales. Every program must be paid for. That's why we have a ways and means committee in legislatures. They have to have the ways and means to pay for a new program or else it's an unfunded mandate. With Obamacare, they used voodoo economics to pay for it. They pretend that other programs will no longer need so much money and that money can be used to pay for some of it. Then they assume that there will be more young healthy working people paying premiums for the program to pay the costs of giving it to older, sicker lazy people for free.

Obamacare is like no other government program. It doesn't cover everyone, it doesn't cost everyone, it doesn't pay for itself, it doesn't improve access to medical care, all it does is force the working poor to pay for the lazy poor.

Remember! I already have health insurance. I pay for it. Why can't the lazy get off their aceholes and get a job so they can pay for it too? Oh, and let's not forget those illegals either. Anytime they go to the ER they need to be given a lethal injection and dumped into the trash dumpster until they get it and quit leaching. JMO

PEACE
GFY
1 post removed

Bozeman, MT

#195598 Oct 13, 2013
Have the democrats done anything to deal with the woman with 15 kids - the woman who said the government wasn't doing "enough"?

Remember Angel Adams:“Somebody needs to pay for all my children and my – for all my suffering. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay."

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#195599 Oct 13, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
I know for a fact had Hillary won the nomination, the Tea Party would still have been formed. The Tea Party is not a racist organization. Whomever told you it was is a liar.
No I'm sorry had Hillary won nomination, the Republican old boys club would have gone after her because she is a woman. It's part of the conservative ways that goes beyond politics and having a woman leader would be no different than a black president.

The Republican party now are being drowned a slow death by these tea party antics. That stupid Bonehead is right up there with them and decent Republicans like McCain do not have a voice any more.
He should be the type of person the Republicans take notice of not those tea party nutjobs.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#195600 Oct 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
CFAP
"The revolution is staring. The most hard core Patriots are rising to defy the communist scourge."
Yes it is!
Yes they ARE!

Bozeman, MT

#195601 Oct 13, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, this how dumb these tea party talibans are, attending a protest against themselves. THEY CREATED THE SHUTDOWN and now they are complaining about it. If any good will come of this, the vast majority of Americans will see this for what it is, and the Republicans will take a hit next election like no other in their history. Which is a good thing, Tea Party should be treated the same way as Nazi's in Germany if they stick their head up anywhere then they are thrown in jail.
First of all both parties created the shutdown, few will remember it next year, and even fewer will care.

Secondly, regardless of affiliation, only immature, dull-witted fools would refer to our politicians as "Nazi's". You should be ashamed of yourself, but I doubt you are.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#195602 Oct 13, 2013
HOUSE REPUBLICANS SQUANDERED THEIR LEVERAGE

House GOP could have pocketed a pretty good win

4 hrs ago by David Mark

Speaker John Boehner and House Republicans should have taken yes for an answer.

Instead, they've deeply damaged their political brand and bucked up a previously-desultory Democratic opposition.

Before the federal government shutdown began Oct. 1, and weeks ahead of the Oct. 17 date pegged by the Treasury Department for potential debt default, House Republicans had already extracted serious budget concessions for their Democratic rivals. President Barack Obama and Senate Democrats had agreed to continue funding the government at the $986 billion level that expired Sept. 30.

That's the sequester level - meaning significantly lower budget line that was part of the New Year's "Fiscal cliff" deal. It's a spending level Democrats never liked but were willing to continue with in order to stave off a shutdown - and the exponentially worse calamity of debt default.

But a relatively small band of congressional Republicans, led by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, insisted that funding of the Affordable Care Act - Obamacare - be included in any deal. This was a fool's errand from the start. President Obama was never going to allow his signature domestic achievement to be stripped away through routine budget and debt ceiling negotiations - or any other way, for that matter.

All the standoff has earned Republicans is seriously plummeting poll numbers. An oft-cited Wall Street Journal-NBC News survey found Americans have come to hold a harshly negative view of the Republican Party during the government shutdown, giving the GOP a far larger share of the blame for a political brawl that many believe is harming the economy. By a 22-point margin (53 percent to 31 percent), the public blamed the Republican Party more for the shutdown than President Barack Obama - a wider margin of blame for the GOP than the party received during the poll during the last shutdown in 1995-96.

And the fiscal crisis has stiffened the spines of Senate Democrats. The Washington Post reported Sunday that President Obama and congressional Democratic leaders, in their ongoing showdown with Republicans, now have a goal beyond protecting the health care law, reopening the government and preventing the first-ever default on the nation's debt.

They are gambling that if they can hang together and remain tough to the end, they stand a chance to break a dangerous cycle that has taken hold in Washington - one of legislating through brinkmanship, which has brought the government and the financial system to the edge of disaster at least four times over the past three years....(cont.)

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/8421-house-...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#195603 Oct 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is!
Yes they ARE!
THE TEABAGGERS ARE COMING! THE TEABAGGERS ARE COMING!!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#195604 Oct 13, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Roads are paid with by the road tax on the gasoline and diesel I purchase for my vehicles. The water is paid for by the monthly bill I get. Sewer and trash is included on that bill. The local schools are paid for with the property tax land owners pay. Defense is paid for with income tax taken from paychecks of workers. Other local and state public services are paid for with sales taxes. Other programs like the state child health insurance program is payed for by excise taxes placed on cigarette sales. Every program must be paid for. That's why we have a ways and means committee in legislatures. They have to have the ways and means to pay for a new program or else it's an unfunded mandate. With Obamacare, they used voodoo economics to pay for it. They pretend that other programs will no longer need so much money and that money can be used to pay for some of it. Then they assume that there will be more young healthy working people paying premiums for the program to pay the costs of giving it to older, sicker lazy people for free.
Obamacare is like no other government program. It doesn't cover everyone, it doesn't cost everyone, it doesn't pay for itself, it doesn't improve access to medical care, all it does is force the working poor to pay for the lazy poor.
Remember! I already have health insurance. I pay for it. Why can't the lazy get off their aceholes and get a job so they can pay for it too? Oh, and let's not forget those illegals either. Anytime they go to the ER they need to be given a lethal injection and dumped into the trash dumpster until they get it and quit leaching. JMO
PEACE
GFY
Sigh.

Thursday, Jul 5, 2012 11:30 AM EST

Reagan’s healthcare mandate

In 1986, the GOP icon signed a law that requires hospitals to treat poor people and undocumented immigrants

By Alex Seitz-Wald

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/05/reagans_healt...
Quirky

Broomfield, CO

#195605 Oct 13, 2013
Social Security raise to be among lowest in years

WASHINGTON (AP)— For the second straight year, millions of Social Security recipients, disabled veterans and federal retirees can expect historically small increases in their benefits come January.

Preliminary figures suggest a benefit increase of roughly 1.5 percent, which would be among the smallest since automatic increases were adopted in 1975, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.

Next year's raise will be small because consumer prices, as measured by the government, haven't gone up much in the past year.

The exact size of the cost-of-living adjustment, or COLA, won't be known until the Labor Department releases the inflation report for September. That was supposed to happen Wednesday, but the report was delayed indefinitely because of the partial government shutdown.

The COLA is usually announced in October to give Social Security and other benefit programs time to adjust January payments. The Social Security Administration has given no indication that raises would be delayed because of the shutdown, but advocates for seniors said the uncertainty was unwelcome.

Social Security benefits have continued during the shutdown.

More than one-fifth of the country is waiting for the news.

Nearly 58 million retirees, disabled workers, spouses and children get Social Security benefits. The average monthly payment is $1,162. A 1.5 percent raise would increase the typical monthly payment by about $17.

The COLA also affects benefits for more than 3 million disabled veterans, about 2.5 million federal retirees and their survivors, and more than 8 million people who get Supplemental Security Income, the disability program for the poor.

Automatic COLAs were adopted so that benefits for people on fixed incomes would keep up with rising prices. Many seniors, however, complain that the COLA sometimes falls short, leaving them little wiggle room.
1 post removed

Bozeman, MT

#195607 Oct 13, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm sorry had Hillary won nomination, the Republican old boys club would have gone after her because she is a woman.
You're saying the Tea Party formed because they hate blacks and women?

Really?

Your ignorance is astounding.

“Take a deep breath”

Let it out

#195608 Oct 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget, unless everything DP has told us about his life is an outright lie, he is a government employee.
Currently classified as a non-essential government employee.
Tax dollars pay his salary (assuming the government job wasn't just one more tall tale).
I wouldn't get too upset about his insults. That's really all he's after in the first place.
Yes Jaxxon. I am a government employee. I work for the Department of the Army and I was sent home on furlough the 1st of October until the Army's lawyers read POMA that was passed by the house and senate and signed into law on the 2nd of October. They determined that the civilian employees essential to the moral of the military were covered under that act and so the Pentagon called me back to work last Sunday.

I'm also retired Army and I've been paying into the thrift savings plan since 1992.

I will have a nice nest egg whenever I chose to retire and I will still be against giving chit to lazy bums like you.

Good luck getting wealthy selling special breeding chickens out the back door of your mobile home Jaxxon. We are going to ensure that not one same sex marriage gets social security death benefits from their dead gay lover.

Obamacare starts Jan 1, 2014. Fines begin on that date too. That will be enough to get Republicans elected to the house and senate in the midterm elections in November and when they take over in January 2015 the first item on the agenda is to eliminate the individual mandate of Obamacare. The second item on the agenda is to amend the constitution defining marriage as being between one woman and one man. Nothing more. America is too good to allow a bunch of socialist fags have their way with her.
2 posts removed
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#195611 Oct 13, 2013
I heart radio SUCKS big time!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Eagle 12 22,152
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 min ChuckPhart 23,990
News Trump's Dark, Weird, Inaugural Campaign Speech 2 min Lawrence Wolf 26
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 2 min slick willie expl... 4,825
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 3 min gwww 163
News News 13 Mins Ago Protesters, Trump supporters c... 4 min WelbyMD 33
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 234,361
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min USAsince1680 1,482,383
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 34 min shaddup 256,532
News In Trump We Trust: Inauguration prompts celebra... 34 min George 82
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 2 hr VetnorsGate 2,015
More from around the web