The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 332938 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#188957 Sep 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with ya on this one and I think even mainstream republicans realize the mess their far right base is about to get them into.
Putting politics above the nation's best interest is despicable no matter who is playing that particular game.
The far right is completely delusional. These people are nothing more than disgruntled fanatics.
1 post removed
The REAL Courtney

Phoenix, AZ

#188959 Sep 28, 2013
Quirky wrote:
With free money, why would anyone work in America?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =a780LGWG7toXX
Especially when someone can defraud the SSDI out of $1800 a month.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#188960 Sep 28, 2013
buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused. It's Obama and the Democrat who are shutting down the government. Obama has no problem negotiating with REAL terrorist in Iran, while at the same time his closest advisers compare the Republicans to terrorist. With that kind of bizarre attitude and unconcealed hatred on Obama's team, it's no wonder they don't mind screwing the public with a government shut down.
Obama is, and always has been, a radical. Fomenting trouble, even to the point of harming the nation, is second nature to him. His ego is so huge the idea of any kind of compromise is unthinkable to him.
Oh, hogwash:

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsv...

Thursday, April 29, 2010
"Obama the Centrist"

by Brad DeLong:

Despite the frequent cries of ... Republicans that Barack Obama is trying to bring European-style socialism to the United States, it is now very clear that the US president wishes to govern from one place and one place only: the center....On all of these policies – anti-recession, banking, fiscal, environmental, anti-discrimination, rule of law, healthcare – you could close your eyes and convince yourself that, at least as far as the substance is concerned, Obama is in fact a moderate Republican named George H.W. Bush, Mitt Romney, John McCain, or Colin Powell....[...more...]

Posted by Mark Thoma on Thursday, April 29, 2010

..........

http://www.economist.com/economist-asks/barac...

The Economist Poll:

Where do you stand?
Is Barack Obama a centrist?

Total votes 11383

67% voted for Yes
and
33% voted for No

Voting opened on Nov 3rd 2011
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#188961 Sep 28, 2013
Potato Bug Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Potato Head, look in your book of who's who for a list of spuds who have dipped their french fries into your scallops and left you the gravy to boot.
You can't play, Dart Board Hinnie Boy.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#188962 Sep 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a devotee of Evolution, and yet, I see no contradiction between Evolution and God,(Darwinism and faith). There is no mutual exclusivity between science and faith:
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/116...
Wernher von Braun (1912-1977)
One of the pioneers of modern rocketry was Wernher von Braun. Dr. von Braun was perhaps the leading force behind America’s space program. His team developed the four-stage Jupiter rocket that launched Explorer I, the first United States satellite. Another of his projects was the launching of the Saturn V rocket which put the first astronauts on the moon. Von Braun was considered one of the world’s foremost rocket engineers.
Dr. von Braun recognized that science alone can never satisfy the soul. He wrote:
It is as difficult for me to understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who would deny the advance of science. Far from being independent or opposing forces, science and religion are sisters... There is certainly no scientific reason why God cannot retain the same position in our modern world that He held before we began probing His creation with the telescope and cyclotron (1981, 35,38).
I tend to be an agnostic (with a definite does of skepticism), but there is nothing in our scientific understanding of reality that precludes the existence of a supreme being.
Patrick

Krefeld, Germany

#188963 Sep 28, 2013
The REAL Courtney wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting YOUR issues on me, Rose. GIggle. Giggle. Giggle. Not buying, sweety!
Grandpa was a officer in the Waffen SS Who I barely remember Courtney. We took care of him and a few of his close friends for years. They took care of me at times when Mom was busy in her room. She spent very much time in there. Now its just her and I and I fill in for the others.She said it was my turn now.
3 posts removed
buzzer

Greeley, CO

#188967 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
truthfully what the tea party and repugs fear is not the spending.. they fear that more people will have access to the healthcare that they have enjoyed just for themselves
You are free to enjoy anything you like. What you are not free to do is have someone else pay for it. Or perhaps you think you should be living in a huge house on a hill with some other folks working the fields while you sip mint juleps? Because believe it or not, free sh*t does not materialize of of thin air. Somebody has to do the work.

What you want is to be in charge of what's produced, even though it's others who do the producing. What does that make them? Just what to you call someone who works but the fruits of their labor are taken from them and given to others? Isn't there a name for that? Let's all put on our thinking caps and see if we can remember....

And what does that make you? Do you own a broad-brimmed straw hat, an parasol and an all-white, floor length dress, all set for the cotillion Ms. Charlotte? Do you say "fiddle dee-dee" a lot?

Just what are you & your ilk and what are those people who toil at your leisure?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
3 posts removed

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#188971 Sep 28, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
The far right is completely delusional. These people are nothing more than disgruntled fanatics.
I've never been a fan of Harry Reid, but he's right this time when he calls the republican move "extortion" and the tea party "anarchists".
1 post removed
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#188973 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>no it was you... all lumpy like the fat you call a table muscle
Lilith Stripper? You meant (((((Bigith))))) lard a#s.
buzzer

Greeley, CO

#188974 Sep 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, hogwash:
http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsv...
Thursday, April 29, 2010
"Obama the Centrist"
by Brad DeLong:
Despite the frequent cries of ... Republicans that Barack Obama is trying to bring European-style socialism to the United States, it is now very clear that the US president wishes to govern from one place and one place only: the center....On all of these policies – anti-recession, banking, fiscal, environmental, anti-discrimination, rule of law, healthcare – you could close your eyes and convince yourself that, at least as far as the substance is concerned, Obama is in fact a moderate Republican named George H.W. Bush, Mitt Romney, John McCain, or Colin Powell....[...more...]
Posted by Mark Thoma on Thursday, April 29, 2010
..........
http://www.economist.com/economist-asks/barac...
The Economist Poll:
Where do you stand?
Is Barack Obama a centrist?
Total votes 11383
67% voted for Yes
and
33% voted for No
Voting opened on Nov 3rd 2011
I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing the stripper. At least in her case there's a chance for some tittilating entertainment. You merely posting cut&paste DNC talking points, which only leaves you intellectually naked. I prefer the real thing.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#188975 Sep 28, 2013
buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused. It's Obama and the Democrat who are shutting down the government. Obama has no problem negotiating with REAL terrorist in Iran, while at the same time his closest advisers compare the Republicans to terrorist. With that kind of bizarre attitude and unconcealed hatred on Obama's team, it's no wonder they don't mind screwing the public with a government shut down.
Obama is, and always has been, a radical. Fomenting trouble, even to the point of harming the nation, is second nature to him. His ego is so huge the idea of any kind of compromise is unthinkable to him.
What do most of us think?

September 26, 2013

Tea Party Support Dwindles to Near-Record Low

Republicans ambivalent about movement, while most Democrats oppose it

by Lydia Saad

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164648/tea-party-s...

PRINCETON, NJ -- As Washington braces for another budget showdown, this time with the threat of defunding the new healthcare law in the mix, the key political force pushing for conservative policies sees diminished popular support. Fewer Americans now describe themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement than did at the height of the movement in 2010, or even at the start of 2012. Today's 22% support nearly matches the record low found two years ago.(cont.)

..........
Who is your leader? LOLOL
1 post removed

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#188977 Sep 28, 2013
The REAL Courtney wrote:
<quoted text>
But we have more money saved in the bank than you left wing extremists! lol lol
I don't think so based on what I've read and what a girl knows....not true. Besides, how much of Militia's money did you save? Any of it? Did the poor schmuck fund Snake's landscape business? ;-)
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#188978 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>you aslready dooooo nitwit
"aslready"? Something wrong with your mouth Bigith Stripper? It used to be square didn't it.
1 post removed
The REAL Courtney

Phoenix, AZ

#188980 Sep 28, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandpa was a officer in the Waffen SS Who I barely remember Courtney. We took care of him and a few of his close friends for years. They took care of me at times when Mom was busy in her room. She spent very much time in there. Now its just her and I and I fill in for the others.She said it was my turn now.
O my God. You poor thing. Those pictures I have. Are those masks used in voodoo rituals?
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#188981 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to pay for your medicare and Social security... Get your own insurance and own retirement account
Your seventy five cent monthly income won't cover squat. Bigith, Homeliest, Hooker.
buzzer

Greeley, CO

#188982 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>yawn
If you think that's boring, you should read His book! I got through about 57 "Thus so-and-so lay with so-and-so begat so-and-so" before I nodded off. I think that's the only piece of literature full of people getting laid that has had that affect on me.

Is that blasphemy to admit that?
1 post removed

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#188984 Sep 28, 2013
buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing the stripper. At least in her case there's a chance for some tittilating entertainment. You merely posting cut&paste DNC talking points, which only leaves you intellectually naked. I prefer the real thing.
You weren't talking to me either and I called you on that right wing snake oil you're trying to sell too.

It's an open forum, if you don't want people to comment on your partisan rants start your own website.

I could even help ya with that.

;)
1 post removed
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#188986 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
And while we are at it why should the tax payers subsidise and give tax breaks to religions... THERE IS NO FLUCKING GOD
I guess you will see, wont you. I b et you hope you are right, don't you. LMAO. You'll see. You'll see. ROTF.
The REAL Courtney

Phoenix, AZ

#188987 Sep 28, 2013
Lilith_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>like what moral degeneracy
Rap.

Internet porn.

Drug taking.

Abortion

Mass 3rd world immigration to the US for starters.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#188988 Sep 28, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been a fan of Harry Reid, but he's right this time when he calls the republican move "extortion" and the tea party "anarchists".
Seriously, they have no shame. They know they're going to lose the next two, maybe three elections for sure so they are just causing as much havoc as they can completely out of spite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Bluestater 1,251,506
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 4 min Wondering 151
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 192,244
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Jimbo 186,360
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Earthling-1 53,985
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Paul Porter1 168,874
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 16 min Juanita 42
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 26 min WasteWater 657
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 49 min Mothra 76
More from around the web