The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

radha

Anonymous Proxy

#188006 Sep 26, 2013
Mujhe chudna he

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#188007 Sep 26, 2013
Sir Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you are honest about it... You can ask the pharmacist, but unless they know your medical history, the dr is the best route to go....
Pharmacist count pills and thats their job.. Some docs like to fck with your over your scripts.. Take my temazepam for example.. All my prior docs wrote 6 month scripts and this new one only does one month at a time.. I said to my family member's let him refuse to fill one my scripts on you will see a new docs name on the bottle.. Anyway after playing the game for 4 months he finally got wise and filled if for 90 days.. I was kinda shocked since the docs and pharmacist all consider it a "controlled substance" and would only give you 30 pills at a time even if you had 5 refills left.. But anyway isn't every pill you get from a pharmacy considered a controlled substance's??

Eagle
SparkleShines

Bellevue, WA

#188008 Sep 26, 2013
STD free wrote:
<quoted text>
Again read the small print. It's only free until you get a required welfare to work within 12 months. If you don't get a job you get fined and it gets taken out of your IRS refund. But when you get a job you are required to pay min $249 a mo like the rest of us. Not enough money to pay car payment govt does not care and the repo man cometh to take your car. I bet you have Target Red Card where you save 5% on your debits. Problem is it charges you 29% annual percentage rateto use your own money. Florida attorney general's office is planning to use federal agents to sieze records from Target and management will be facing racketeering charges!!!!!! Target will be no more!!!!!!
no worrys I don't own a car... nor do I have credit or credit cards... wouldn't get a income tax refund check even if I did work given i'm in default on my student loans.... and no i'm not going to get a job now at this point in my life... why bother
STD free

United States

#188009 Sep 26, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
love how the rich repuglicans hate that others are actually gonna have health care... aaaawh what a shame
Your spelling and grammar explains why you belong to the Dumbocrat Party!!!!!!
SparkleShines

Bellevue, WA

#188010 Sep 26, 2013
STD free wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumb enough to admit you are prostitute on worldwide web? Lets just say I have already traced your IP address and it is so easy. Thanks for making our lives so easy!!!!
oooohhh i'm so worried

lock me up at a cost to you of 47,000 a year please want my address to

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#188011 Sep 26, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about state disability but I do know SSD is based on what you payed into the system.. Not that I got to worry about it since I wont live long enough.. But I wonder if someone on SSD reaches retirement age will their benefits be cut?? Posters here are not ever going to discuss the issue but I would like to know..
Eagle
Your SSDI will convert to Social Security. Your Medicaid with convert to Medicare.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#188012 Sep 26, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>gee that's odd given I haven't had health insurance in over 10 years now.... but I will after the 1st of the year
And you said you weren't paying for it. Who do you think IS paying for it?

Engage brain prior to posting

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#188013 Sep 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Currently, corporate law is regional. Each state has it's own set of corporate laws. Like the article stated, all those laws are pretty much the same. They hold the CEO and corporate officers responsible for one thing only. Make a profit for the corporation and its shareholders. We need to create a national set of corporate laws which overrides the individual states corporate laws forcing all corporations doing business in the U.S. to abide by the same set of rules.
Corporations will fight a blanket national law because they like the fact that no state will go alone to change their corporate laws fearing the loss of the corporate jobs to an adjoining state that doesn't change their corporate laws. It's also easy for a corporation to get several states competing over a lucrative proposal causing each of them to make better offers than the next providing tax exemptions, offering free land, using state resources to train a workforce, appointing corporate officials to provide corporate oversight, issuing public bonds to finance the start up, etc..
Having a unified set of corporate laws at the national level would make it harder for the corporation to pit one state against another for the best deal because the federal rules would override the states ability to compete against another state simply by rewriting their own corporate laws to the advantage of the corporation.
Here's the sticking point:

"Corporations will fight a blanket national law because they like the fact that no state will go alone to change their corporate laws fearing the loss of the corporate jobs to an adjoining state that doesn't change their corporate laws."

What congressional rep would introduce that kind of legislation?

The only way to deal with the issue you've raised is through legislation and health and safety regulations that would tie our partnership trade agreements into conforming to our own EPA and OSHA and LABOR regulations with our trading partners around the world.

Barring our ability to get compliance, we can impose penalties and/or tariffs on imported goods from countries which don't adopt the same standards that we have in place. This at least discourages outsourcing to Third World nations where labor is abused and employers are abusive, as well as in those parts of the world where there are no environmental regulations to restrict pollution.

At any rate, I have no objections to your approach. I just don't see how we circumvent the corporatists who exercise power over both houses of government.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#188014 Sep 26, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>For Whose ideals?
Obama rebukes 'irresponsible' Republicans in health care speech
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/...
Ridiculing Republicans at length and quoting some lawmakers' dire warnings about the consequences of the law, Obama said he will not be "blackmailed" with threats of default.

"I won’t negotiate on anything when it comes to the full faith and credit of the United States of America," he said.

Without naming him, Obama quoted New Hampshire state lawmaker Bill O'Brien, who called Obamacare "a law as destructive to personal and individual liberty as the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850."

"All this would be funny if it wasn't so crazy," he added.

Obama encouraged Americans to investigate the new plans online.

"Make up your own mind," he said. "I promise you if you go on the website and it turns out you're going to save a hundred, two hundred, three hundred dollars a month on your insurance - or you'll be able to buy insurance for the first time - even if you didn't vote for me, I'll bet you'll sign up for that health care plan."
Quirky

Denver, CO

#188015 Sep 26, 2013
STD free wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumb enough to admit you are prostitute on worldwide web? Lets just say I have already traced your IP address and it is so easy. Thanks for making our lives so easy!!!!
Like Sir Ghost Rider said earlier. That's just some Idgit looking for a reaction from the posters here. No sense in wasting your time replying to it. Or wasting your time even giving it Judge-it`s.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#188016 Sep 26, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Hey BTW just thought you would be happy that I qualify for free health coverage
Democrats care about the people
Good have you looked at the deductables and co-pay's?? Here's a bit of knowledge for ya.. You still have to pay them and my Orlando doc was charging 190 for a office visit to my insurance company and they gave him 90.. So he would charge me the 90 when I didn't have insurance.. So while you might have a bronze card you still have to pay 40% for that doc visit which will be about 90 bucks out of pocket..

Eagle
STD free

United States

#188017 Sep 26, 2013
SparkleShines wrote:
<quoted text>you know nothing about my life... I left home at the age of 14 to escape physical abuselived in 30 states before turning 19 and ya I have worked the LA sunset strip.. detroits 8th mile and 42nd street in NYC. Was arrested and put in Bayview Womens correctional facility for four years when I was 19 (assault and battery of a cop, drug possession and prostitution). Got a GED in prison and cleaned up my life you scumbag.. Went to Kansas State and graduated with a microbiology degree and then a teaching degree three years after that. But none of that was good enough for the American christard conservatives who run this country.. Only found minimum wage jobs in kitchens... or waiting tables... Despite two degrees I earned... But gee no one wanted to hire me... worked several years at minimum wage in retail.. Had to go back to stripping in the clubs just to pay rent... then fired for attendance problems as I worked three jobs... Now i'm full circle back to fulltime prostitution and stripping... So f.ck you and your self righteous crap
Damn I feel for you I do. That is what is wrong with this country. You paid your dues and got 2 degrees in highly respected fields. Someone just needs to give you a chance. My ex best friend went to prison for non violent crime. he learned a trade there yet when he got out could not get a job. He turned to drug dealing in his early 40s and got hooked on cocaine. He ended up stabbing to death his roommates one of which was in a wheel chair. I propose that employers not being able to look up potential employee's background as long as that former inmate does not commit anymore felonies for at least 10 years after being released. Laws need to change in this country so people like you whom did the right thing can get respectable careers. Be careful out there and do realize law enforcement can track down your IP address and where your phone is pinging from within now 25feet. You are in my thoughts and I do believe someone will give you that chance. Go to indeed.com and you will find a forgiving employer and many pay relocation expenses. You are a tough lady but you also have a soft heart and I do appologize for what I said to you earlier. Go get your dream lady. You deserve it!!!!!!

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#188018 Sep 26, 2013
buzzer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy!- The intent is to give free or below-actual-cost stuff to Obama's supporters, nothing else. They're using the government as Dems always do. That is, liberal politicians tax those who work in order to use that money to buy the votes of the leeches of society. Pretty soon other "vital services" will appear. Why should only the "rich" have a vacation in Hawaii? Why not pay for everyone to go there? How about free tickets to Disneyworld? Or your own hot tub? Or your favorite hobby for free?
There's no end to "redistribution". Well, that is until we run out of money. That happens when most people realize that there are two choices: 1) You can sit at home watching TV and wait for your free stuff from Uncle. Or 2) You can work and watch what you earn taxed away to by free stuff for those sitting at home watching TV. It's not a hard choice!
I'll be signing up for every damn freebie there is. The sooner the collapse happens, the better. Then maybe the county will grow up and quit acting as if money grows on trees.
Its a tax and all smoke and mirrors.. I say implement it ASAP and let those braindead American's find out for themselves..

Eagle
2 posts removed
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#188021 Sep 26, 2013
Hmmm.. Has anyone seen the chubby lil' water boy Paunchy. I need him to fetch my slippers.
Sir Roastis Fighter

Ukraine

#188022 Sep 26, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Sir Ghost Rider said earlier. That's just some Idgit looking for a reaction from the posters here. No sense in wasting your time replying to it. Or wasting your time even giving it Judge-it`s.
Dah Qwairky! I left a bottle of Scotch for you on zee porch but I drinks it vile vaiting.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#188023 Sep 26, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sparkless"
Get a brain. Those folks, the baby boomers, paid into Social Security and Medicare for may years. They had no choice. They are not free loaders when they take monies, their monies back. Now I can understand your rant if you are referring to people like you who did not pay in to Social Security but still accept government monies.
As an admitted prostitute you paid no Social Security or Medicare taxes but you will be first in line with your hand out.
Peace
KMA
The fair tax would fix her azz but I don't believe her story to begin with..

Eagle

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#188024 Sep 26, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
"Make up your own mind," he said. "I promise you if you go on the website and it turns out you're going to save a hundred, two hundred, three hundred dollars a month on your insurance - or you'll be able to buy insurance for the first time - even if you didn't vote for me, I'll bet you'll sign up for that health care plan."
Simply stated, Obama is reiterating a tried and true tactic of democrats - appeal to the have nots by promising them some more of the haves money.

He should've been more transparent and stated: "I bet you'll sign up for a health care plan that's cheaper because ObamaKare forces 'the rich' to pay a big chunk of it"

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#188025 Sep 26, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person on SSDI reaches retirement age, the higher of the two benefits is received. They don't lose anything. SSDI is calculated exactly as Social Security retirement benefits are. It's simply taking the benefit early if you become disabled before retirement age.
Thanks I was wondering how it worked in that case..

Eagle
STD free

United States

#188026 Sep 26, 2013
SparkleShines wrote:
<quoted text>oooohhh i'm so worried

lock me up at a cost to you of 47,000 a year please want my address to
No you are too smart to be locked up. If you want to know how to rebuild your credit I can give you pointers on that too. About your student loans you can dispute that on your credit report. The credit bureau has to verify where that loan has been sold to. The key word is verify. If the credit bureau cannot verify everything about the loan by law it has to be removed from your credit report within 30 days. I know this strategy works as I disputed $40,000 in unpaid medical bills. Since the credit bureau has 30 days to verify they sent me letter back saying they could not find out anything about those charges and credit bureaus removed that from my report within 30 days. My next credit score shot up 200 points!!!!!!! My credit score is now a 747 and my next score is projected to be 800 or above. I will give you info free of all things I have learned. It's pretty easy to up your score 100 points or more in a matter of months not years.

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#188027 Sep 26, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your SSDI will convert to Social Security. Your Medicaid with convert to Medicare.
rosie answered the question and I already have medicare along with a medicare advantage plan.. All in all I pay 300 a month to see a doc twice a year..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TSM 1,220,282
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Scrutiny 187,326
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 4 min woodtick57 154
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Calvin_Coolish 179,216
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Denisova 160,913
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 8 min YIM 416
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 13 min WeTheSheeple 49
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 26 min Denny CranesPlace 176
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 2 hr barefoot2626 103
More from around the web