The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391394 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#187172 Sep 25, 2013
My favorite part of the Cruz stooge patrol is how they rally around his efforts. They don't realize that he could talk until the government is forced to shut down and the ACA is not affected.

I say, "Let him keep talking." It will make the GOP look even more pathetic and help identify Cruz as a misguided, misinformed zealot of the Tea Party.

#187173 Sep 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry chump.
Being conservative is not a political affiliation. It is a way of life, usmail.
Just like your gay lifestyle, huh? Sorry, my bad.

If you insist that 'conservative' is not a political identifier then you may want to stop using 'liberal' as one. I know, I know, logic means nothing to the zealots of the world.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#187174 Sep 25, 2013
Popular Science Shuts Down Comments on its Website
(SCIENCE vs. PSEUDOSCIENCE)

9/24/13
Land of Enchantment

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/24/1241...

.... Uncivil comments not only polarized readers, but they often changed a participant's interpretation of the news story itself.

In the civil group, those who initially did or did not support the technology — whom we identified with preliminary survey questions — continued to feel the same way after reading the comments. Those exposed to rude comments, however, ended up with a much more polarized understanding of the risks connected with the technology.

Simply including an ad hominem attack in a reader comment was enough to make study participants think the downside of the reported technology was greater than they'd previously thought.

As to shutting off the comments, this might be their most important consideration:

A politically motivated, decades-long war on expertise has eroded the popular consensus on a wide variety of scientifically validated topics. Everything, from evolution to the origins of climate change, is mistakenly up for grabs again. Scientific certainty is just another thing for two people to "debate" on television. And because comments sections tend to be a grotesque reflection of the media culture surrounding them, the cynical work of undermining bedrock scientific doctrine is now being done beneath our own stories, within a website devoted to championing science.(cont.)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#187175 Sep 25, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
Why is it that some people are afraid to mandate health care insurance? You can't claim that it is unfair because you are required to have car insurance if you drive.
You can't claim it costs taxpayers more because it doesn't. When an uninsured person presents at a hospital, they receive care on the taxpayer backs.
You can't pretend that a person doesn't have a choice because they do.
If you're young and healthy and don't really want health insurance, you don't have to buy it. You can "opt out." But then you'll have to pay $95 for every adult in your house or 1% of your income after $10,000, whichever is larger. So if you're single and you make $50,000, you'd have to pay $400 for not having health insurance. The Supreme Court already approved this issue.
"Why is it that some people are afraid to mandate health care insurance? You can't claim that it is unfair because you are required to have car insurance if you drive."
Why? Because it is people like you that think I am required to have health insurance merely because I exist and that those like you don't think that my health is my own personal responsibility as a free citizen.
You act like a nanny who wants to abolish the freedom of choice.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#187176 Sep 25, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your gay lifestyle, huh? Sorry, my bad.
If you insist that 'conservative' is not a political identifier then you may want to stop using 'liberal' as one. I know, I know, logic means nothing to the zealots of the world.
OK, I will stop using liberal as a political identifier and use the word "commie" instead, Commie.

#187177 Sep 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I will stop using liberal as a political identifier and use the word "commie" instead, Commie.
Thank you. I know this will be difficult for your limited education, but please try to tell me how supporting the Democratic is akin to being Communist.

Be careful. Be very careful. Nah, go ahead and try. This will be fun!

#187178 Sep 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>"Why is it that some people are afraid to mandate health care insurance? You can't claim that it is unfair because you are required to have car insurance if you drive."
Why? Because it is people like you that think I am required to have health insurance merely because I exist and that those like you don't think that my health is my own personal responsibility as a free citizen.
Bwahahahahahaha! Where does it say that being a citizen entitles you to live for free?

By the way, I didn't say you have to have health care insurance. I specifically stated that you have the right to opt out. Pay the government back for what we, the providers of your coverage, will have to supply. Then you are free to be as irresponsible as you like. In fact, I encourage it.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#187179 Sep 25, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Obamacare premium rates lower than expected
By Tami Luhby @Luhby September 25, 2013:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/25/news/economy/...
The Obamacare premiums will cost less than predicted, according to data released Wednesday by the Obama administration.
The national average premium for the benchmark plan will be $328 a month before subsidies, 16% less than projected by the Congressional Budget Office. The benchmark is the second-lowest cost "silver" policy for 48 states, upon which federal subsidies are based.
The data also provided the first look for consumers into rates on the 36 federally run insurance exchanges. Prices vary widely based on one's age, income and state.
For instance, a 27-year-old living in Dallas making $25,000 could pay as little as $74 a month for the cheapest "bronze" plan after subsidies, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.(cont.)
Don't ya just love the spinmeisters. The selling point for Obamacare was it was going to lower every family's premium by
$ 2500. Now its less, Lower then Expected.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#187180 Sep 25, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
My favorite part of the Cruz stooge patrol is how they rally around his efforts. They don't realize that he could talk until the government is forced to shut down and the ACA is not affected.
I say, "Let him keep talking." It will make the GOP look even more pathetic and help identify Cruz as a misguided, misinformed zealot of the Tea Party.
My favorite part is exposing how much Obama lied to the American people about Obamacare.

If he didn't have waivers to satisfy his cronies he would have been impeached by now
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#187181 Sep 25, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I know this will be difficult for your limited education, but please try to tell me how supporting the Democratic is akin to being Communist.
Be careful. Be very careful. Nah, go ahead and try. This will be fun!
You, will never get it. No matter how well it is explained.. You have blinders on.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#187182 Sep 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>"Why is it that some people are afraid to mandate health care insurance? You can't claim that it is unfair because you are required to have car insurance if you drive."
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahahahaha! Where does it say that being a citizen entitles you to live for free?
By the way, I didn't say you have to have health care insurance. I specifically stated that you have the right to opt out. Pay the government back for what we, the providers of your coverage, will have to supply. Then you are free to be as irresponsible as you like. In fact, I encourage it.
No, you asked a question and I answered your question?
Nothing more, nothing less, commie.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#187183 Sep 25, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> You, will never get it. No matter how well it is explained.. You have blinders on.
They are Alinsky's patented blinders that he wears.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#187184 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite part is exposing how much Obama lied to the American people about Obamacare.
If he didn't have waivers to satisfy his cronies he would have been impeached by now
Exactly.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#187185 Sep 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
The Obamacare exchanges will open up on 1 Oct 2013 but any health insurance purchased will not be effective until 1 Jan 2014. On that date it becomes mandatory for everyone to have health insurance.

Now there are some out there that do not have insurance now because they cannot afford it. Some of them will qualify for free health insurance under Medicare but many more will be required to purchase their own even though they really cannot afford it. Out of those who will not qualify for free insurance coverage but still cannot afford to pay for it, many of them will simply quit their go nowhere job so they can jump onto the gravy train. The others will simply refuse to buy insurance and just wait to be punished when they file their 2014 federal income taxes.

That's when we will see the masses rise up against Obamacare. When March 2015 rolls around and all those working poor who were scraping by until they get their tax returns discover they get nothing because they were fined for not buying insurance that they couldn't afford, they will scream to the elected representatives and they will either fix the law or they will be voted out of office.

2016 will prove to be a disappointing year for those who blindly supported Obamacare. Republicans need to plan now to take political advantage of the upcoming IRS fines that takes away tax returns for millions of working poor across the nation. "I told you so" will become a campaign slogan for the 2016 elections.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#187186 Sep 25, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>They are Alinsky's patented blinders that he wears.
With a little cat scat smeared on 'em. LOL.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#187187 Sep 25, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obamacare exchanges will open up on 1 Oct 2013 but any health insurance purchased will not be effective until 1 Jan 2014. On that date it becomes mandatory for everyone to have health insurance.
Now there are some out there that do not have insurance now because they cannot afford it. Some of them will qualify for free health insurance under Medicare but many more will be required to purchase their own even though they really cannot afford it. Out of those who will not qualify for free insurance coverage but still cannot afford to pay for it, many of them will simply quit their go nowhere job so they can jump onto the gravy train. The others will simply refuse to buy insurance and just wait to be punished when they file their 2014 federal income taxes.
That's when we will see the masses rise up against Obamacare. When March 2015 rolls around and all those working poor who were scraping by until they get their tax returns discover they get nothing because they were fined for not buying insurance that they couldn't afford, they will scream to the elected representatives and they will either fix the law or they will be voted out of office.
2016 will prove to be a disappointing year for those who blindly supported Obamacare. Republicans need to plan now to take political advantage of the upcoming IRS fines that takes away tax returns for millions of working poor across the nation. "I told you so" will become a campaign slogan for the 2016 elections.
"2016 will prove to be a disappointing year for those who blindly supported Obamacare. Republicans need to plan now to take political advantage of the upcoming IRS fines that takes away tax returns for millions of working poor across the nation. "I told you so" will become a campaign slogan for the 2016 elections."
Not just Republicans but every good American who knows our founding principles and who see the insidious creep of communism that is trying to undermine our constitution's principles and values that define our nation.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#187188 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ya just love the spinmeisters. The selling point for Obamacare was it was going to lower every family's premium by
? I never got that impression. I always knew that the cadillac policy beneficiaries would have to cough up more. That WASN'T the selling point. My personal recollection was that it would HOLD DOWN the annual increases in healthcare costs and cover 30 million more Americans who were uninsured. It would prevent insurance companies from gouging or eliminating what services they provide consumers in favor of profits.

Kindly show me a link (if you can) where it is stated by any agency of government that the ACA would "lower EVERY family's premium by $2500. I never saw that. I think you're just making up some more sh*t hoping it will stick. Until or unless you post a credible link - you're just another prevaricating propagandist.

#187189 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are really bitter that your candidate lost. Get over it.

The fact that you don't think your fellow citizens should have access to health insurance speaks volumes about the Republicant mind.

#187190 Sep 25, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
1) No, it wasn't. That is what the Fox stooges told you.

2) Why do you care of your neighbor has access to health insurance?

#187191 Sep 25, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text> You, will never get it. No matter how well it is explained.. You have blinders on.
Bwahahahahaha!

Let's see...we collect money from all citizens for the greater good. We share it so that all may benefit. That must be communism, huh?

That means that those Republicant sponsored public education initiatives, roads and national defense are really communist plots, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Hill4me 219,571
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 1 min Ronald 290
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 3 min Responsibilty 53
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,404,966
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Demonicrats 233,313
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 7 min TRUMP FAN 302
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Regolith Based Li... 201,460
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 24 min positronium 5,535
News Trump bounces into the lead 26 min positronium 213
More from around the web