The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341308 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#184806 Sep 18, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Go lay down, Spot.
GFY rose
Quirky

Denver, CO

#184807 Sep 18, 2013
AL will be along soon so RUN ROSE RUN LMAO. Better pull xwus out first so you can run better
1 post removed

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#184809 Sep 18, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...that's one of my favorite scenes out of that movie.
LOL! One of the best stage remakes ever. I've seen La Cage aux Foiles a couple of times, and the movie is far better. One of my all-time favorites.

Nathan Lane was amazing.

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#184810 Sep 18, 2013
Hmmmmm, I hear the nasty little yipping and whining of a little dog. Must be Spot.

Fetch, Spot fetch.
Yeah Right

Newhall, CA

#184811 Sep 18, 2013
A History Lesson

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals; and
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girliemen.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#184812 Sep 18, 2013
Neighbors Upset Over Pet Coyote
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/09/1...
"I'm not thrilled about it. I've never heard of coyotes being kept as a pet," said Susan Hess.

Hess lives right across the street and has a less than friendly view of coyotes.

"We've always had a bad coyote problem out here. We hear them yipping and howling in the woods," Hess said, "They've killed our cats. They've killed neighbors birds."

The coyote's owner sees it much differently. He says he bought the animal for his daughter and that he did his research. It's six months old. He says it has been a friendly pet.
Yeah Right

Newhall, CA

#184813 Sep 18, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not convinced he's checking back for a response.
I think he's nervous and I think has good reason to be.
Let's face it, the man has posted lists of my family members names along with addresses and phones numbers and then threatened to burn down my house, shoot myself and my husband and poison our farm animals...and that's just a partial list.
Hell, the moron even claimed responsibility for being the person that shot at me and provided the model of car I was driving at the time as proof that he's telling the truth which proves, if nothing else, that he's gone to a great deal of trouble to gather personal information in an effort to use that information to harass and attempt to intimidate me.
Now he's accusing me of being a pot grower (with positronium's encouragement) and claims to have called law enforcement and made a false report...which in and of itself would be a crime if he did make that call.
He's bragging about his worldly possessions and going on about some lawsuit even though I've never mentioned anything about a lawsuit.
"William" wants me to be afraid. He wants me to be uncomfortable in my own home and concerned about my families safety and right about now he's starting to wonder if he might have screwed up by joining GR, posit and a few others in this little conspiracy of theirs.
The sad part? So far Quirk has been the only one to realize that it had gone to far and try to get him to stop.
Imagine a group of people where Qball is the voice of reason.
He's nervous and he should be because the rest of his little gang will leave him out to dry before they go down with him.
"I think he's nervous and I think has good reason to be"

You sleep tight from here on out okay?
Yeah Right

Newhall, CA

#184814 Sep 18, 2013
Undocumented immigrants fight deportations at White House

As Congress prepares to resume debate on overhauling immigration laws, a group engages in a little civil disobedience to make their point about citizenship.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

==========

Obama accuses GOP faction of trying to 'extort' him on healthcare

WASHINGTON - President Obama on Wednesday accused Republicans of using extortion in trying to kill his signature healthcare plan just days before it is implemented.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi... -
healthcare-20130918,0,5249548. story

==========

Court to decide whether gays can be bumped from federal juries

SAN FRANCISCO -- An appeals court will consider Wednesday whether gays and lesbians may be struck from federal jury pools because of their sexual orientation.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-g...

==========

Tenn. judge: Parents can name their baby 'Messiah'

NEWPORT, Tenn.(AP)- A Tennessee judge has ruled in favor of parents who want their 8-month-old baby to be named "Messiah.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

==========
Yeah Right

Newhall, CA

#184815 Sep 18, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...that's one of my favorite scenes out of that movie.
PS...

Watch out that dog don't eat something he shouldn't.

Could prove fatal.

Just sayin'
Sir William Ferrell

Los Angeles, CA

#184816 Sep 18, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not convinced he's checking back for a response.
I think he's nervous and I think has good reason to be.
Let's face it, the man has posted lists of my family members names along with addresses and phones numbers and then threatened to burn down my house, shoot myself and my husband and poison our farm animals...and that's just a partial list.
Hell, the moron even claimed responsibility for being the person that shot at me and provided the model of car I was driving at the time as proof that he's telling the truth which proves, if nothing else, that he's gone to a great deal of trouble to gather personal information in an effort to use that information to harass and attempt to intimidate me.
Now he's accusing me of being a pot grower (with positronium's encouragement) and claims to have called law enforcement and made a false report...which in and of itself would be a crime if he did make that call.
He's bragging about his worldly possessions and going on about some lawsuit even though I've never mentioned anything about a lawsuit.
"William" wants me to be afraid. He wants me to be uncomfortable in my own home and concerned about my families safety and right about now he's starting to wonder if he might have screwed up by joining GR, posit and a few others in this little conspiracy of theirs.
The sad part? So far Quirk has been the only one to realize that it had gone to far and try to get him to stop.
Imagine a group of people where Qball is the voice of reason.
He's nervous and he should be because the rest of his little gang will leave him out to dry before they go down with him.
"Hell, the moron even claimed responsibility for being the person that shot at me and provided the model of car I was driving at the time as proof that he's telling the truth which proves"

Which proves nothing.

If I ever took a shot at you, you wouldn't be typing on Topix today Jack.

Believe in that.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#184817 Sep 18, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
For those that may not know, the drug you did mention by name "sustiva" is used to treat individuals infected with HIV.
You've reduced yourself to accusing a gay man of having AIDS on a public forum.
Not that it matters, but since you made the accusation, my husband and I are both healthy and virus free.
Sure you are. Fantasy is important to you.
Good luck repairing your reputation after a stunt like that Chauncey.
So emotional! You are clearly the bottom in that relationship.

My reputation? LOL!

My nom de net might be criticized and disparaged? Oh, the humanity. ROTFLMAO!

If you value an imaginary reputation then you merely reinforce my assertion that you need to have your meds altered. Make your last few years semi-lucid or don't, it really doesn't matter if you are aware of the laughter directed your way.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#184818 Sep 18, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
PS...
Watch out that dog don't eat something he shouldn't.
Could prove fatal.
Just sayin'
Didn't you already try that once "William"?

“Socks, socks, everywhere socks”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#184819 Sep 18, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think he's nervous and I think has good reason to be"
You sleep tight from here on out okay?
What about you, do you sleep tight?
1 post removed

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#184821 Sep 18, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hell, the moron even claimed responsibility for being the person that shot at me and provided the model of car I was driving at the time as proof that he's telling the truth which proves"
Which proves nothing.
If I ever took a shot at you, you wouldn't be typing on Topix today Jack.
Believe in that.
Actually, William, what it proves is that you wanted me to believe that you were the one that shot at me (whether you actually are or not I have no way of knowing yet) and that you were willing to go to great lengths to research my personal information and find out what model of car I was driving when that happened in some bizarre effort to intimidate me.

Either that or you really are the person that shot at me.

I don't blame you for wanting to take a step back now, but it's already too late.

You threatened my family and you have exposed them to any freak on the internet that might decide to act on the information you have repeatedly posted on these threads.

I won't stop until I have exhausted every possible legal avenue at my disposal to find out if the threats you've made are real and I can promise you that if anything unexplained does happen to any of us, you are the first person that will have some very serious questions to answer.

I won't be replying to your posts much in the future, but remember this, from this point on you are the one that will be looking over his shoulder.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#184822 Sep 18, 2013
Like I said GFY Rose
1 post removed
Quirky

Denver, CO

#184824 Sep 18, 2013
Courtney Caverhall wrote:
<quoted text>
NTR1 is a conisseur of dark meat - she would LOVE X Man.
Rose would to. She can no way be picky LMAO
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#184827 Sep 18, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>

My nom de net might be criticized and disparaged? Oh, the humanity. ROTFLMAO!
Just say Avatar you Twit
Dur my name is CG i use big words to make my self sound smart! drool

#184828 Sep 18, 2013
Oh, the drama.

The poor grammar is a sign of emotions run amok.

Reputations are on the line. LOL!
1 post removed

Location hidden

#184830 Sep 18, 2013
Lest see has anyone seen the Butler
Opera’s husband did a superb job
It is a good movie
JFKs tie nice touch
Even Hanoi Jane did an excellent job as Nancy Regan
Loved the Movie until the end
Guess how it ended
1 post removed

#184832 Sep 18, 2013
In Teh Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Just say Avatar you Twit
Dur my name is CG i use big words to make my self sound smart! drool
My apologies...an avatar is a symbol or graphical representation of a person; Chauncey Gardiner is a nom de net, pseudonym, fake name, as it were. I didn't realize that I needed to dumb it down for you. Thank you for letting us know you get confused easily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alask... 1 min Arkie 15
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 min Gary Coaldigger 12,799
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Ben Frankly 1,277,410
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 3 min Your Ex 108
News We have reached the George Wallace stage of the... 5 min Wondering 24
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Hit and Run 173,880
News 'We can't be intimidated' 11 min Truth and Facts 96
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 31 min californio 411
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min Limbertwig 193,994
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 39 min USA Today 157
More from around the web