The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 341047 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#182987 Sep 12, 2013
Uncle Vladimir
http://townhall.com/columnists/davidstokes/20...
Vladimir Putin is currently cashing in on an ill-advised promise made when two presidents thought no one was listening. You may recall President Obama’s whispered assurance, back in March of 2012, to then Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev:“This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.”

We are now witnessing that promised flexibility. America’s foreign policy is becoming a caricature—international affairs according to Gumby.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#182988 Sep 12, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk-U.
Lawyers Plotted to Corrupt BP Oil Spill Settlement Program, Probe Finds

While the report points to certain conduct within the program as problematic, Freeh said, "this should not prevent the [settlement program] from fairly and efficiently processing and paying honest and legitimate claims in a timely manner."
AUNTIE BELLUM

Santa Maria, CA

#182989 Sep 12, 2013
Sir William Ferrell wrote:
Liberalism is much, much, more sinister than Conservatism.
For example, newly uncovered documents revealed by Wikileaks shows that the Kennedy brothers had inadvertently stumbled upon a massive conspiracy in 1961 to make it appear that a child born in Kenya was born in Hawaii - so that he would one day qualify for the only job that requires natural born citizenship.
That's why JFK and Bobby both bought the farm.
And that's why Ted Kennedy was Obama's main sponsor.
It's the other way round, lil' willy.
It's a fact that you and you're ilk here on this here thread. Are all derived from a comebucket from two weeks work of a bunch of Cuckold circle jerks.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#182990 Sep 13, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s hard to fit an execution and a fundraiser into your schedule
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/09/11/its-hard-to-fi...
After 25 years of moving through the court system, the planned execution of convicted murderer Marshall Lee Gore was delayed Tuesday because Florida attorney general Pam Bondi wanted to attend a fundraiser for herself.
Bondi, who is seeking reelection in Florida, asked Gov. Rick Scott to postpone the execution of Gore because it conflicted with her “re-election kick-off reception,” according to the Tampa Bay Times. Scott said he didn’t know why Bondi had asked to reschedule the execution.
Are you a person who opposes putting murderers to death but have no problem killing innocent children via abortion?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#182991 Sep 13, 2013
Agents of Corruption wrote:
Uncle Vladimir
http://townhall.com/columnists/davidstokes/20...
Vladimir Putin is currently cashing in on an ill-advised promise made when two presidents thought no one was listening. You may recall President Obama’s whispered assurance, back in March of 2012, to then Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev:“This is my last election. After my election, I have more flexibility.”
We are now witnessing that promised flexibility. America’s foreign policy is becoming a caricature—international affairs according to Gumby.
Because of BO's flexibility, er, ineptitude, we have become weaker and the laughing stock of the world. Who trusts us now??? It's time to concentrate all our efforts within our own country fixing all that is meesed up before we ever consider running over to some foreing country acting like we are Marshall Dillon. We need to stop throwing money at the enemy as if the we all have money trees in our backyards.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#182992 Sep 13, 2013
Emails show IRS’ Lois Lerner specifically targeted tea party

By Stephen Dinan and Seth McLaughlin-The Washington Times

Lois G. Lerner, the woman at the center of the Internal Revenue Service scandal over special scrutiny of conservative groups, specifically targeted tea party applications and directed that they be held up in 2011 in order to come up with an agency policy, according to several of Ms. Lerner’s emails released by a House committee Thursday.
In one 2011 email, Ms. Lerner specifically calls the tea party applications for tax-exempt status problematic, which seems to counter Democrats’ arguments that tea party groups weren’t targeted....
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/...
Quirky

Mesquite, NV

#182993 Sep 13, 2013
S - UZI - Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats basically what you've been doing to this forum for the last five years.
Now why don't you do something real constructive, that fits your bill? Something like Columbine or Aurora.
This may get nasty. AL has my back and the rest of the gang. She runs this thread .

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#182994 Sep 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was in hurry because I had to work tonight. I work part time now or 5 hours a day. I meant Muslim terrorists in America could have bombs ready to set off. We didn't expect the Boston bombing to happen. How many more have been planned without being detected?
Thanks for pointing that out. You had me somewhat perplexed.
(whew) If I had done the same the libs wouldn't have let me forget it. lol.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#182995 Sep 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe GOD has stopped talking to us but GOD is the one who spoke to prophets Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc. and predestine what is actually happening now.
You could be right about other countries not biting the hand that feeds them but then again look at who attacked the Twin Towers, Benghazi, USS Cole, the first Twin tower attack, etc. These people were from countries we support financially.
Obama sent money and weapons before and after attacks to Egypt, Libya, etc.
Although, I am glad you are keeping a open mind about what is going on because it really has me doubtful.
It all has me doubtful as well but I try to be as posit-ive as I can in lieu of everything that is transpiring.
I am also of the opinion that Russia is not to be trusted under any circumstances yet in this matter.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#182996 Sep 13, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Honest lib????? That's like finding good trash.
I am LMAO! It's funny that you said that.
My buddy who collects trash stopped by the other day and asked me if I wanted a brand new rag mop that he had salvaged from someones trash. I said sure, I could use a new one for my new wood floors. When He brought it in, I looked at the brand name and lo and behold.
It was a "LIBMAN" mop.
It was in fact "good trash" LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#182997 Sep 13, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>You want equal outcome not equality, which you already have.
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that even mean?
It could mean equal pay for sub-par work.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#182998 Sep 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This could be all about covering it up in order to be re-elected.
Sad and disgusting.
I felt so bad for these men and not a thing could be done by Americans to help them.
I believe that something could have and should have been done to help them......It was on our sovereign territory.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#182999 Sep 13, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I am LMAO! It's funny that you said that.
My buddy who collects trash stopped by the other day and asked me if I wanted a brand new rag mop that he had salvaged from someones trash. I said sure, I could use a new one for my new wood floors. When He brought it in, I looked at the brand name and lo and behold.
It was a "LIBMAN" mop.
It was in fact "good trash" LOL
He collects "trash"? Really? Or, are you saying he's not above stopping by "trash" and locating a treasure somebody else discarded?

Antiquers are at the forefront of "salvage" operations. I was in a Goodwill a few days ago. There was the most lovely old panel and cut glass starburst lead crystal bowl on a cart that had just been rolled out (Heisey colonial?). I assume they thought it was pressed glass. It was tagged $1.50. Anyhow, I rang it to the sweet sound of dulcet tones at the check-out lane and decided it was the perfect size to hold cranberry relish for Thanksgiving. Yes, you can use your lead crystal on RARE occasion.

Nobody asked whether I was a conservative or a liberal or a moderate. We just call each other by name and trade hugs. Funny how nobody here cares too much what your politics are. It's more about your character and personality and the way you treat people and your interest in them.

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#183000 Sep 13, 2013
Taxpayers Shoulder Bulk Of Gun Violence Costs, Study Finds

By Jillian Berman

09/13/2013

Taxpayers are spending hundreds of millions of dollars each year to care for the victims of gun violence, according to a report from the Urban Institute released Friday.

About 80 percent of the cost of treating victims of gun violence in 2010 was borne in part by taxpayers, according to an analysis of hospital and insurance data by researchers at the nonpartisan think tank. That means taxpayers paid for victims' care either through government programs like Medicaid, or through publicly-funded programs that subsidize hospital care for those who don't have insurance and can’t afford to pay.

“The victims are concentrated among young, poor males,” said the report's author, Embry Howell, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute.“This is the population we’re talking about and their costs are very high. It's one group that is heavily uninsured."

Hospitals in the U.S. spent $630 million in 2010 treating the victims of gun violence -- everything from minor gunshot wounds to injuries that required days-long stays -- and public funds provided most of that money. The Medicaid costs of gun violence alone that year amounted to approximately $327 million.

Notably, the report found that the average cost of a hospital visit for a gun violence victim is $14,000 more than that of the average hospital stay, due to the severity of the injuries often involved.

Lawmakers could significantly shrink these costs by making firearms less widely available, Howell said.(cont.)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#183001 Sep 13, 2013

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#183002 Sep 13, 2013
Oops! Here's the link to the gun violence article. Sorry!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/13/taxp...

“Try Reuters.”

Location hidden

#183003 Sep 13, 2013
Christiane Amanpour Angrily Calls For Intervention In Syria (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/13/chri...
1 post removed

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#183005 Sep 13, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be on drugs?
I am not the one saying farmers in YOUR area are honest even though I haven't a clue about who they are, what their character is, etc.
I am telling you after years of dealing with farmers in my area----they are not as honest as one would believe.
I was just like you until I moved to the country and had to deal with them.
You must be dealing with large corporate farms. The small farmers have never been anything other then the salt of the earth. They work extremely hard and in most cases will do whatever they can to help you out or give you the last of their crops that they won't be using.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#183006 Sep 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>He collects "trash"? Really? Or, are you saying he's not above stopping by "trash" and locating a treasure somebody else discarded?
Antiquers are at the forefront of "salvage" operations. I was in a Goodwill a few days ago. There was the most lovely old panel and cut glass starburst lead crystal bowl on a cart that had just been rolled out (Heisey colonial?). I assume they thought it was pressed glass. It was tagged $1.50. Anyhow, I rang it to the sweet sound of dulcet tones at the check-out lane and decided it was the perfect size to hold cranberry relish for Thanksgiving. Yes, you can use your lead crystal on RARE occasion.
Nobody asked whether I was a conservative or a liberal or a moderate. We just call each other by name and trade hugs. Funny how nobody here cares too much what your politics are. It's more about your character and personality and the way you treat people and your interest in them.
I said what I said and it is what it is. In reply to Jack from Bedias, and not you.
1 post removed

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#183008 Sep 13, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Taxpayers Shoulder Bulk Of Gun Violence Costs, Study Finds
By Jillian Berman
09/13/2013
Taxpayers are spending hundreds of millions of dollars each year to care for the victims of gun violence, according to a report from the Urban Institute released Friday.
About 80 percent of the cost of treating victims of gun violence in 2010 was borne in part by taxpayers, according to an analysis of hospital and insurance data by researchers at the nonpartisan think tank. That means taxpayers paid for victims' care either through government programs like Medicaid, or through publicly-funded programs that subsidize hospital care for those who don't have insurance and can’t afford to pay.
“The victims are concentrated among young, poor males,” said the report's author, Embry Howell, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute.“This is the population we’re talking about and their costs are very high. It's one group that is heavily uninsured."
Hospitals in the U.S. spent $630 million in 2010 treating the victims of gun violence -- everything from minor gunshot wounds to injuries that required days-long stays -- and public funds provided most of that money. The Medicaid costs of gun violence alone that year amounted to approximately $327 million.
Notably, the report found that the average cost of a hospital visit for a gun violence victim is $14,000 more than that of the average hospital stay, due to the severity of the injuries often involved.
Lawmakers could significantly shrink these costs by making firearms less widely available, Howell said.(cont.)
Taxpayers are spending hundreds of millions of dollars each year to care for the beneficiaries of special interest groups, who promote violence, killing. and other unamerican activities under the leadership of a failure who wants to endanger the second ammendment to our constitution according to we the people .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 4 min serfs up 74
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Into The Night 54,533
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Igor Trip 173,666
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 10 min Boondog 465
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Limbertwig 193,879
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 47 min sonicfilter 1,276,635
News Christie tells Fallon he might 'go nuclear' in ... 48 min OccupyThis 3
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 5 hr Learn to Read 309
More from around the web