The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 384101 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169553 Aug 11, 2013
Old Testament

The first mention in the Bible is in Genesis 19:1-13. The wicked men of Sodom attempted a homosexual rape of two messengers from God who had come to visit Lot. As a result of this and other widespread wickedness, God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah in a storm of fire and brimstone.

The next two mentions are in Leviticus

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

Life was harsh in early Old Testament times. The wanderings and struggle for survival of the Israelites did not permit prisons or rehabilitation. Anyone who deviated seriously from the norm was either stoned to death or exiled. The Old Testament prescribed the death penalty for the crimes of murder, attacking or cursing a parent, kidnapping, failure to confine a dangerous animal resulting in death, witchcraft and sorcery, sex with an animal, doing work on the Sabbath, incest, adultery, homosexual acts, prostitution by a priest's daughter, blasphemy, false prophecy, perjury in capital cases and false claim of a woman's virginity at the time of marriage.

Related article: What Does the Bible Say About Capital Punishment and the Death Penalty?

It must be emphasized that, according to the New Testament, we are no longer under the harsh Old Testament Law (John 1:16-17, Romans 8:1-3, 1 Corinthians 9:20-21). The concern with punishment is now secondary to Jesus' message of repentance and redemption. Both reward and punishment are seen as properly taking place in eternity, rather than in this life.

In the Old Testament,, homosexual activity was strongly associated with the idolatrous practices of the pagan nations surrounding Israel. In fact, the word "abomination," used in both mentions of homosexual acts in Leviticus, is a translation of the Hebrew word tow' ebah which means something morally disgusting, but it also has a strong implication of idolatry2. Thus, many Bible scholars believe the condemnations in Leviticus are more a condemnation of the idolatry than of the homosexual acts themselves3,4. However, that interpretation is not certain.

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_ho...
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169554 Aug 11, 2013
New Testament

Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, but He did condemn all forms of sexual immorality:

What comes out of you is what defiles you. For from within, out of your hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile you.(TNIV, Mark 7:20-23)

The apostle Paul, in one of his letters to the Corinthians, wrote the verses most often quoted on this subject:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.(NIV, 1st Corinthians 6:9-11)

This verse has been translated in as many different ways as there are different versions of the Bible, so we have to look at the original Greek to see what Paul was really saying. The word translated here as "male prostitute" is the Greek word malakos which literally means "soft to the touch." However, it was used metaphorically to refer to a catamite (a boy kept for sexual relations with a man) or to a male prostitute in general. The word translated here as "homosexual offender" is the Greek word arsenokoites which means a sodomite, a person who engages in any kind of unnatural sex, but especially homosexual intercourse5. Some believe this use of arsenokoites referred specifically to the men who kept catamites6, but that is not certain.

There are two other New Testament mentions of homosexual acts, in Romans 1:25-27 and 1 Timothy 1:8-10. In this passage from Romans, again in the context of idolatry, Paul mentions women who "exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones," which might apply to lesbian acts:

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-- who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.(NIV, Romans 1:25-27)

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_ho...
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169555 Aug 11, 2013
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you go stand in the front steps of the White House and preach there? you're wasting space here, get it?
It is called free speech in a free society.
I will pray for you and yours.

Blessings

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#169556 Aug 11, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>Does he/she do laundry?
I just naturally assumed....
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#169557 Aug 11, 2013
Juhosephat wrote:
THE BIBLE COMMANDS SEGREGATION
Part One
In the Bible, God repeatedly warns us against any mixing of races ... and especially against intermarriage and mongrelization. Some of this has been overlooked because of imperfect translations out of the Hebrew and Greek languages in which the Bible was written. Let us examine some of these passages, carefully noting the exact meaning of the words used in the original tongues.
From the very beginning, the commandment not to permit mongrelization is strongly emphasized. For example: EXODUS 33:16 "So shall we he separated, and all of Thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth." LEVITICUS 20:24 "I am the Lord thy God, which have separated you from other people."
JOSHUA 23:12-13 "..if ye do in any wise go back and cleave unto the remnant of these nations, even these that remain among you, and shall make marriages with them, and go in unto them and they unto you: know for a certainty that they shall he snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish off from this good land which the Lord your God has given you. "
DEUTERONOMY 7:3 "NEITHER SHALT THOU MAKE MARRIAGES WITH THEM: thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son."
Many warnings are given in the Bible not to mate with "the stranger." But the Hebrew words translated "stranger" in these verses are "ZUWR", "NEKAR", and "NOKRI...and each one means a person of DIFFERENT RACE FROM OURS.
(There are other Hebrew words "ger" and "toshab"... meaning persons who are aliens only in a political sense, but of our race.) The warning against race mixing is always against those "strangers" who are, ZUWR, NEKAR or NOKRI. For example: PROVERBS 23:27 "For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange ZUWRI woman is a narrow pit."
The reason for the warning is clear: MONGRELIZATION IS THE WORSE FORM OF "GENOCIDE". If you kill 99% of a race; but leave the other l% pure-blooded, they will in time restore the race; but when you mongrelize them, you have destroyed that race eternally. Once mixed with the Black or Yellow Races, the White Race would be totally and forever destroyed. Hence, God has forbidden it.
PSALM 144:11-12 "Rid me and deliver me from the hand of strange [NEKAR] children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood: That OUR SONS may be as plants grown up in their youth, that OUR DAUGHTERS may he as the polished cornices of a palace. "
JEREMIAH 2:21, 25 "Yet I planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed. HOW, THEN, ART THOU TURNED INTO THE DEGENERATE PLANT OF A STRANGE "ZUWR" VINF UNTO?, ME?** Withhold thy foot from being unshod, and thy throat from thirst: but thou saidst There is no hope: no: for I HAVE LOVED STRANGERS (ZUWR)) AND AFTER THEM WILL I GO."
HOSEA 5:6-7 "They shall go with their flocks and their herds to seek the Lord, but they shall not find Him: He hath withdrawn Himself from them. THEY HAVE DEALT TREACHEROUSLY AGAINST THE LORD: FOR THEY HAVE BEGOTTEN STRANGE (ZUWR) CHILDREN.
http://newchristiancrusadechurch.com/sermons/...
why don't you go stand in front the White House steps and go at it with your preaching? you're wasting time and space here, who cares what you believe? If there were a God, we wouldn't be having all the problems in the name of religion! he would come forward AND SET US ALL STRAIGHT......I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM (GOD) DOING THIS, anyone out there seen him? If there ever was, he has forgotten about this planet. Muslims believe they're right in ridding themselves of Christians because their God says so. Who is right? the strongest?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#169558 Aug 11, 2013
EXCLUSIVE: Activists Identify DC Cop Who Infiltrated Bangladesh Sweatshop Protests
http://inthesetimes.com/working/entry/15419/e...
USAS filed suit on Monday against the District of Columbia seeking an injunction to stop police from spying on the group’s activities.
Jenny From the Block

Sunnyvale, CA

#169559 Aug 11, 2013
LOL wrote:
It's good to see Rainbow Brite and Mad Dog 20-20 living the only life they have:
trolling for a Topix reaction on a Sunday afternoon.
It least we'll have something to bet on today.
I see a free lunch coming on.
LOL
Notice who's giving the Judge Its?
Papa John's all the way! hahaha
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169560 Aug 11, 2013
Homosexuality is Condemned in the Bible!

Seven Things I Wish Pro-Gay People Would Admit

by Bob Davies

1. I wish they would admit that many people are not happy with their homosexuality or lesbianism, and that this conflict is internal, based on legitimate, intelligent religious and moral convictions--not just the result of a so-called "homophobic" society which is forcing guilt upon people who don't conform to a heterosexual ethic. Stop throwing out the cheap, inaccurate labels like "internalized homophobia" to explain our motivations.

2. I wish they would acknowledge that homosexuals and lesbians can experience significant change in their sexual feelings and desires, even though they may never be totally heterosexual in their sexual thoughts and feelings. Be honest enough to admit that such change is significant and genuine, even if it isn't complete.

3. I wish they would acknowledge that many former homosexuals and lesbians have found a greater measure of peace and satisfaction after leaving a gay or lesbian lifestyle than they ever experienced while embracing homosexuality. Not all "ex-gays" are miserable, plotting how to secretly fulfill their homosexual lusts without being caught.

4. I wish they would acknowledge that many former homosexuals and lesbians have genuine joy in their marriages. Most former gays and lesbians don't get married in a futile attempt to "escape" homosexuality; they marry as a natural consequence of resolving that issue in their lives.

5. I wish they would acknowledge that all people have as much right to pursue a heterosexual lifestyle as they do to pursue homosexuality. Former homosexuals and lesbians should not be harassed and castigated by the gay community. But I have never heard any gay or lesbian leaders speak out against the violence (such as bomb threats and physical/verbal abuse) which some people perpetuate against Exodus ministries.

6. I wish they would stop equating our decision to leave homosexuality with "hatred" and "bigotry" against gays and lesbians. We don't hate gays; we simply desire to live free of homosexuality. Don't put nasty labels upon our motives. That's being judgmental and unfair.

7. I wish pro-gay religious leaders would admit that their endorsement and promotion of monogamous homosexual relationships is a facade. Many--probably most--men and women involved in long-term partnerships are not sexually monogamous, but gay churches don't discipline members for committing "adultery" outside their "gay marriage." Neither do they discipline gays or lesbians who have sex before entering into a "holy union" with their partner.

Bob Davies is past President of Exodus International and an ex-gay himself. He has been married for nine years.
(Used by permission of the Exodus Standard, P.O. Box 77652, Seattle, WA, 98177.)

Homosexuals are made:

"A former homosexual who has carried on an effective ministry for five years among homosexuals reported,'I have counseled over three hundred homosexuals and have yet to find one that enjoyed a warm love relationship with his father.'" (The Unhappy Gays: What Everyone Should Know About Homosexuality, pages 71-76)

http://www.bible.ca/s-homo=sin.htm
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169561 Aug 11, 2013
What biopsychiatrists, drug companies and governments say about homosexuality:
1. "Clinical studies (Green 1987; Stoller 1968, 1975a, 1975b, 1979) describe that boys with gender identity disorder often have an overly close relationship with their mother and a distant, ambivalent relationship with their father. Stoller (1968) argued that the boy who is excessively close to his mother, in absence of the father, may have difficulty in separating himself from the female body and feminine behavior." (Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Hales, Yudofsky, 2003 AD, p 746)
2. "Because psychiatrists, particularly white male psychiatrists, are homophobic - the American Psychiatric Association (APA) once labelled homosexuality as a "mental illness" or "mental disorder" - and have used forced electroshock on lesbians, trying to coerce them into adopting a heterosexual life style." (25 good reasons why psychiatry must be abolished, Don Weitz)
a. ""Hot" Controversies For the most part, the preparation of DSM-1V was remarkably free of controversy. The adoption of the three-stage method of empirical review replaced passionate argument with the deliberative poring over and interpretation of piles of tables and figures. Literally hundreds of questions were settled with consensus decisions that may not have pleased everyone but were generally regarded as fair and consistent with the data. The "hot" controversies presented in this chapter did not occur among the Task Force and the Work Group members but rather were played out in a larger arena. For the most part, scientific issues were settled without much controversy. The controversial issues touched on value questions that went far beyond the diagnostic system and could not be answered with empirical data currently available. It is of some interest that all of the hot controversies surrounding DSM-111, DSM-11I-R, and DSM-IV have been in some way related to sexual orientation or gender.
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169562 Aug 11, 2013
It appears that attempts to categorize human behavior related to such sensitive topics are inherently fraught with the potential to arouse widespread interest and disagreement. In this chapter, we present our perspective on the decision-making process about how best to handle two controversial categories included in DSM-11I-R Appendix A: late luteal phase dysphoric disorder and self-defeating personality disorder. The fate of these categories became at least temporarily the focus of extensive media coverage. It is unfortunate, but perhaps not surprising, that the issues involved in these controversies were presented in an often distorted fashion seemingly intended to highlight acrimony rather than to offer a balanced perspective of the pros and cons. Although we are mindful that our own views may be biased by our close participation in these discussions, it may nonetheless be useful to provide an insider's view of the process and substance of these controversies." (DSM-IV-TR Guidebook, 2004 AD, p 427)
3. "There are no well-established or exhaustive explanations for the development of gender identity disorder. As noted earlier in this chapter, gender identity appears to be established and influenced by psychosocial factors during the first few years of life. However, many authors have argued that biological factors, if not causative, may predispose an individual to a gender identity disorder. It is important to realize, however, that researchers still have been unable to identify a biological anomaly or variant associated specifically with gender identity disorder." (Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Hales, Yudofsky, 2003 AD, p 746)
4. "Etiology: As with adult gender dysphoria, the etiology of childhood gender identity disorder is unclear. The theories outlined earlier in this chapter for adults who have gender identity disorder also apply to children. Additional factors that have been suggested are parents' indifference to or encouragement of opposite-sex behavior; regular cross- dressing as a young boy by a female; lack of male play-mates during a boy's first years of socialization; excessive maternal protection, with inhibition of rough-and- tumble play; or absence of or rejection by an older male early in life (Green 1974). Gender identity disorder in children has been posited as being the result of child and family pathology (Zucker and Bradley 1995)." (Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Hales, Yudofsky, 2003 AD, p 748)
5. "Physical Appearance: Fridell (1996) concluded that girls with gender identity disorder often were seen as less attractive than those in a control group." (Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Hales, Yudofsky, 2003 AD, p 749)
6. "Course: Retrospective studies of transsexuals (Green 1974) have shown a high incidence of childhood cross-gender behavior. Follow-up studies of children with gender identity disorder have found a high incidence of continued manifestations in adulthood, with a higher incidence of homosexual or bisexual behavior and fantasies than those in a control group (Green 1985)." (Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Hales, Yudofsky, 2003 AD, p 749)
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169563 Aug 11, 2013
Is homosexuality Genetic or learned?

I learned it...that's NOT the way God made me!

A. Inadequate Parental Relationships

1. Parents are easily the most important external force in the life of any child and, as would be suspected, contribute largely to the homosexual or heterosexual predisposition of their children. A professor of psychiatry at one of the nation's leading medical schools stated, "Current research indicates that the family most likely to produce a homosexual comprises a very intimate, possessive and dominating mother and a detached, hostile father. Many mothers of lesbians tend to be hostile and competitive with their daughters. The fathers of female homosexuals seldom appear to play a dominant role in the family and have considerable difficulty being openly affectionate with their daughters."

2. Most of the new books on homosexuality contain the report by Dr. Irving Bieber, who studied the family backgrounds of 106 male homosexuals. According to his discoveries, eighty-one mothers were dominating, sixty-two were overprotective, sixty-six made the homosexual their favorite child, eighty-two of the fathers spent very little time with their sons, and seventy-nine maintained a detached attitude toward them.22

3. As important as the father is in the life of a child, even he must take second place to mother during the first three years of life. she feeds the baby at her breast and spends far more time with him in infancy than does his dad. Consequently, mothers actually have more to do with producing a predisposition toward homosexuality than fathers. Two kinds of mothers are particularly harmful-smother mothers and dominating mothers.

B. Smother Mothers

1. Every child needs love, but few things are worse than an overprotective, smothering affection that is showered on an infant, not for his benefit but for the mother's. Many a love-starved young mother satisfies her love hunger on her child until he is the primary object in her life. The more she bestows her affection, time, and attention on her child, the more she neglects her husband. This may turn him further from her and the child, compounding the problem.
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169564 Aug 11, 2013
2. A former homosexual, now a minister who is effectively helping homosexuals out of their life style, relates a most traumatic childhood experience that shows the importance of the father. Long before he ever felt a "twinge of homosexuality," he was out in the garage with his father, overhauling the car. From under the car came the commanding voice, "Hand me the crescent wrench." He had no idea what a crescent wrench was, so he replied, "I can't find it." His hostile father erupted in an angry spirit, sprang to his feet, and located it in clear view. Cuffing his son on the side of the head, he called him a vile name, rebuked him for being so stupid, and shouted, "Go into the house and help your mother with the girls' work. You obviously aren't cut out for a man's job. " When a small boy's father claims he is more girl-like than male, what is he to believe? Today, having shed the homosexual practices of many agonizing years, this man is still effeminate in his mannerisms, but he struggles valiantly to be accepted as "straight."

3. Father's love and approval of his manhood is very important to any boy, particularly one who manifests other tendencies which may develop a predisposition toward homosexuality. Dr. Irvin Bieber, a psychiatrist acclaimed by the Miami Herald as "one of the most authoritative students of homosexuality in America," said, "Homosexuals are not born that way; they are made that way largely by their parents. "

4. According to a nationally known psychiatrist, the background of homosexuals fits a common pattern. Father is frequently absent from the home, and thus Mother turns to the boy as an outlet for her emotional needs. A boy needs to identify with his father's masculinity; we need to bring Father back into the home, and the father and son must spend time together. A former homosexual who has carried on an effective ministry for five years among homosexuals reported, "I have counseled over three hundred homosexuals and have yet to find one that enjoyed a warm love relationship with his father."

5. The best way to stamp out homosexuality in this country is for parents to get back to the business of making parenthood their priority. Children raised in loving, well-disciplined homes where Mother and Father are themselves good role models for their children rarely become homosexual. Unfortunately, unloved children subjected to the selfish neglect of their parents are vulnerable to a predisposition toward homosexuality. This year divorce may reach 1,100,000, bringing to eleven million the number of children to be raised by one parent. It is estimated that because of divorce, twenty-five to thirty million children up to eighteen years of age will spend a portion of their childhood raised by one parent.

6. A psychiatrist told me, "Every homosexual I know has come from a broken home." My own experience is not that conclusive but I have found that every homosexual I know came from an unhappy home where fighting and hatred abounded between the parents, who usually proceeded with a divorce.
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169565 Aug 11, 2013
E. Permissive Childhood Training

1. The most harmful concept in the field of child raising during the past 100 years has been permissiveness. It is hard to believe that such a destructive doctrine could catch on so quickly and sweep the country with such force. Although thoroughly discredited now, it has wrought havoc on millions. Perhaps its popularity can be attributed to the fact that the discipline of children is burdensome to parents. But only parental discipline will enable young people to grow up to become responsible, self-disciplined adults.

2. A recent study of criminals indicated that those individuals treated to a well-moderated program of love and discipline in their youth reflected the lowest tendency toward crime. Interestingly enough, the same would be true of homosexuals. I have found in digging into their backgrounds that they were either rejected or pampered as children. I have met only one homosexual who was not a self-indulgent, self-centered, undisciplined individual. The only motivation that seems to make them forceful is their pursuit of sexual gratification and their demand to be accepted by society as "perfectly normal." This lack of discipline makes it easy for many with a predisposition toward homosexuality to take up the practice at the first opportunity, and it is largely the reason they find it so difficult to extricate themselves from it when they finally wake up to the realization it is an "ungay" life style.
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169566 Aug 11, 2013
17 Reasons why Gay Marriage is an abomination before God and man:
Reasons why it is wrong to legalize gay marriage and why bill C-250 is an attack upon Christian’s freedom of speech.
1. Some politicians say they must legalize gay marriage because the UN has said so. The UN doesn’t have the right to determine human rights because this would infringe upon the Sovereignty of Canada. Therefore, just because the UN wants to grant special status to homosexuals, doesn’t mean Canada must also. Legalizing gay marriage, therefore, is a choice the Liberal government of Canada has made.
2. Marriage is not an “inalienable right”, nor is it a “benefit right”. Marriage has always been a discriminatory institution. The proof of this is the fact that brothers and sisters or cousins are forbidden to marry. So forbidding homosexuals from marrying is also constitutional. What is even more puzzling is that the prohibition against homosexuals and siblings/cousins/incest originated with Christians strictly on moral grounds found in the Bible. If two heterosexual consenting cousins can be discriminated against and be prevented from marrying, then so too can homosexuals.
3. Bill C-250, will protect sexual orientation in general, without specifying which ones. Pedophilia and homosexuality are equally protected by Canadian law. Gay activists reply by saying that pedophiles cannot marry consenting minors because such is actually prohibited by “other laws” and such is not seen as a violation of the “charter of rights”. This proves that the “other laws” that prohibit gay marriage and such are not a violation of the charter of rights. The USA is presently changing the constitution to forever forbid gay marriage proving it has nothing to do with equality.
4. Parliament does not have the right to redefine marriage, simply because it recognized marriage at confederacy and it deserved the protection from the state. The Fathers of confederacy recognized that marriage already existed and it deserved to be protected and they merely supplied the definition that already existed. Since the government issues birth certificates, it does not have the right to determine what a human is by virtue of issuing birth certificates. If parliament redefines marriage, they may be in “patent violation” by using the same trade name “Marriage” with different ingredients! Canada doesn’t hold the patent to Marriage, it is merely operating under a “trade license” granted us from a higher power.(God) For Canada to change the definition of marriage, is like manufacturing cans labeled “Coke” under trade license, but when you drink it, it tastes like coffee. Remember, the Jean Chretien ran for the office of prime minister, not the office of God. He has no right to change the definition of marriage.
5. The gay agenda on one hand, wants the Bible labeled as hate literature because, they say, it clearly condemns homosexual activity, then on the other hand, they stand beside their various church leaders who say the Bible does not condemn homosexual sex, and that it is a matter of Bible interpretation. They will preach it both ways whenever they need to. This is as dishonest as it is hypocritical, because the Bible’s condemnation of homosexual sex is as clear as its condemnation of adultery or murder.(Lev 18:22-23; Lev 20:13; 1 Cor 6:9; 1 Tim 1:9-10; Rom 1:26-27). The complete lack of integrity of these same homosexual theologians, is seen in that Jesus actually defined marriage as a union between a male and a female and He said this is the definition that has existed since the beginning of time.(Matthew 19:4-6)

#169567 Aug 11, 2013
5-year-old girl’s lemonade stand draws ire of Westboro Baptist Church
http://fox2now.com/2013/07/19/5-year-old-girl...
“She was so awesome. She was such a sweetheart,” Hammet said.“She was right in front of this hate group. She was unfazed and unafraid, and they are so very vile and rude to people.”
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169568 Aug 11, 2013
6. Pro-Gay agenda theologians say the Bible doesn't really condemn homosexual sex and quote passages where we are commanded to “love all men”... including homosexuals. This is as illogical as it is irrelevant, because God loves the sinners whom He will send to eternal hell for punishment. Jesus words, "If you love Me, you will obey me." Show that it is homosexuals who are not loving Jesus by living in direct disobedience to His moral instructions. So yes, God and Christians love all men, including homosexuals murders and rapists. God loves the person but hates the sin... Homosexuality is sin.
7. Christians have good reason to fear Bill C-250. Liberal MP, Beth Phinney did not give any reassurances that Christians would be protected from prosecution if they publicly criticized homosexual sex. She said this scary thing:“What if what you write causes someone to murder or beat up a homosexual?” The reply,“Is someone guilty of inciting hate against “adulterers” if they publicly criticized adultery as sin and someone reads this and murders their adulteress spouse?” Of course not, a little common sense is needed here. The conclusion is the Liberal government's Bill C-250 is indeed, all about silencing anyone who opposes the gay agenda. It is a clear violation of religious freedom of speech.
8. Bill C-250 is not about Gay rights, because they were already protected before the constitution was changed by Trudeau. Bill C-250 is about silencing, by threat of jail, anyone who condemns the homosexual lifestyle. Therefore, elected officials who refuse to openly oppose Bill C-250, are not only supporting it by their silence, they are doing exactly what the author of the Bill intended, not criticizing the homosexual agenda. These politicians are not only agreeing with the bill, but are already obeying it with their silence before it is passed.
9. In some Muslim dominated countries where Shariah law is in place, Christians are told they must not sing any louder than can be heard outside the walls of the church buildings. Christians are told they must keep their Christianity to themselves and will be thrown in jail if they preach to anyone outside their home or church buildings. This is a reprehensible violation of religious freedom. Well Bill C-250 will create the same situation right here in Canada by making it illegal to label homosexual sex as sin and an abomination to Jesus Christ. Here is the paradox: The Christian's religious freedom of speech, will be violated in Canada, via Bill C-250, not by some repressive Islamic government, but by the humanistic and secular government of Canada. Two extremes, same result. In both cases Christians are persecuted and prevented from expressing their faith in public.
10. The gay agenda has knowingly deceived the public into thinking that 10% of the population are gay, when in fact the true figure of less than 2% has been scientifically for 25 years. They have also deceived the public into thinking that the consensus of solid scientific fact proves homosexuals are born gay. The truth is that both homosexual sex and adultery are actions that result from moral choices you make at that moment. Even if homosexuals were born that way, God calls all men, both homosexuals and heterosexuals, to live in a way different from what they feel for the moment. It is this self control that causes heterosexuals to not commit adultery, even though they were born with the desire to do so. So the question of whether homosexuals are born that way is irrelevant because heterosexuals are born with a natural desire to commit adultery but because of morals, do not.
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169569 Aug 11, 2013
11. If Bill C-250 passes, Christians can continue to condemn adultery and premarital sex, as sin, but not homosexual sex. If they do, they will be charged of "promoting hatred against an identifiable group." Suddenly Christians will get a criminal record and be classed among the likes of Earnest Zundel and the KKK. In other words, a Christian can criticize two unmarried heterosexual teenagers for having sex, unless they are homosexual, then they go to jail. The result is a moral paradox where sex between two unmarried persons is sin, unless they are homosexual, then its OK.

12. We, the majority, who oppose Bill C-250, will no doubt be called,“homophobic”. And before you get upset, consider that a word is defined by its usage. The Gay agenda labels as “homophobic”, anyone who is opposes the gay agenda to change the definition of marriage. So this means over 70% of the Canadian population are homophobic. Let these 70% plus, of “homophobic Canadians” wear the label with pride!

13. Homosexual activists, politicians and the media have given assurances that if Bill C-250 passes, it will not hinder free speech. Yet, religious and political leaders who have spoken out against gay marriage recently, have been attacked. This shows the true intent of Bill C-250.

14. Gay agenda promoters “righteously” claim that Gay marriage is all about equality, meaning homosexuals should have the right to marry like normal couples, as a matter of equality. I don’t see Gay agenda lobbyists, defending the rights of polygamists or pedophiles who are prevented from marrying. When will gay activists demand polygamists or pedophiles to be allowed to marry on the basis of equality?

15. Prime Minister Jean Chretien and gay activists appear to take pride in defending the right of religious leaders to refuse to marry gays. Yet, it is clear that the supreme court, based upon Trudeau’s gay constitutional amendments, has no choice but to deny such a right exists. I predict this will force the Prime Minister to invoke the “notwithstanding clause”. Church leaders could no more discriminate against someone solely on the basis of being homosexual, as they could on the basis of sex or skin colour. All three are on an equal level of protection. However, if I am wrong, and the supreme court does grant the right to religious leaders to discriminate against people on the basis of their sexual orientation by refusing to marry them, then these same leaders also have the right to publicly state WHY they discriminate against homosexuals. In this way, Christians can reclaim their right of freedom of speech!

16. We often wonder what it means to be Canadian. Well, one of the trademarks of most Canadians, is their unwillingness to speak their opinions on key moral issues. Worse still, many Canadians really have no opinions at all! I often hear stuff like,“each to his own”“I don’t know”“I just go with the flow”. Well its time to speak up! With homosexuality being promoted by force under the threat of legal action in kindergarten to our 5 year old children, and Bill C-250 that removes the right of anyone in Canada to speak against the homosexual lifestyle under the threat of jail, we are clearly on the road to Sodom and Gomorrah. Perhaps the following words that are spoken at every marriage ceremony are appropriate right now:“Speak up now, or forever hold your peace”! I fear Canadians are placing themselves under the curse of God as a nation.

17. Teaching our children that homosexuality is normal. Homosexuality violates society’s definition of normal, since it represents less than 1% of the population. Homosexuality violates evolution, because it represents exactly the opposite of Darwin's “survival of the fittest, given that homosexual relationships do not reproduce. Homosexual sex violates the Bible, since it is clearly identified as sin.

http://www.bible.ca/s-homo-vaccine.htm

#169570 Aug 11, 2013
IOC wants assurances from Russia on anti-gay law
http://news.yahoo.com/ioc-wants-assurances-ru...
NBC, meanwhile, is assuring its gay and lesbian employees who may cover the Olympics that it will do everything possible to keep them safe.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#169571 Aug 11, 2013
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> why don't you go stand in front the White House steps and go at it with your preaching? you're wasting time and space here, who cares what you believe? If there were a God, we wouldn't be having all the problems in the name of religion! he would come forward AND SET US ALL STRAIGHT......I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM (GOD) DOING THIS, anyone out there seen him? If there ever was, he has forgotten about this planet. Muslims believe they're right in ridding themselves of Christians because their God says so. Who is right? the strongest?
Ima ...
I didn't want to step into this.
You know I respect you!
OR
at least I "hope" you do.

You are showing 'doubt' of there being God.
Not a god ... but God Himself.
That is between you and Him, I know ...

BUT PLEASE
look harder into your heart.

Because if there's not ...
WHAT & WHERE
does this leave US?

You have brought up an 'interesting' question/point.

Muslims believe they're right in ridding themselves of Christians because their God says so. Who is right? the strongest said Ima.

This is what WE are facing now.

I truly believe, we are not facing an ethnic 'cleansing'
per se.

But a Godly 'cleansing'

In advance ...
I'm sorry "IF" I have offended you.
Was not my purpose at ALL.
Juhosephat

Jacksonville, FL

#169572 Aug 11, 2013
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may say
I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may know
I don't care where they may go
I don't care what they may know
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

Jesus, he's my friend; Jesus, he's my friend
He took me by the hand; led me far from this land
Jesus, he's my friend

I don't care what they may say, I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min Trumping On 613
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 214,437
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Yeah 1,383,250
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 8 min woodtick57 924
News Donald Trump rally draws thousands to Albuquerq... 20 min Tea Bag Residue C... 7
News The fight over illegal immigrants goes to the S... 20 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 158
News The Latest: Minister: Slayings of 8 rocked Ohio... 20 min just a thought 285
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 22 min crucifiedguy 252
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 42 min Quirky 8,555
News Trump ad hurls sexual-assault accusations again... 1 hr PauldenZangpo0521 97
More from around the web