The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388437 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#168397 Aug 8, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The black population takes advantage of Democrat groveling whenever possible. They stick with Democrats because they know Democrats owe them for past atrocities, not caring about the associated exploitation. Blacks feel their 'work' was done generations ago. That they're owed payment for labor their ancestors performed. This mindset will never be erased, they will never forget and we will never make 'sufficient' reparation. Black dependency has become a non-discretionary federal commitment that can't be cut and can't be re-negotiated.
I have no issues with the black community we were discussing the song and how it relates to this day in time.. We have members of all races on welfare and we need to find a way to ween them off and go back to work.. There is many things the government can do to jumpstart/help create jobs but continue to fail at doing so..

Eagle

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#168398 Aug 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"As far as I know I'm the only person on this thread who has used his real name, given his real hometown and told his true life story"
Get a clue.
I posted under my real name when I first came to Topix. You're probably the only person on this thread that doesn't know that unless you're just playing stupid for effect.
The trolls used that name to research me and when they found out I was exactly who and what I claimed to be and there wasn't anything they could use to shut me up, they started posting contact information about my family members.
After a series of death threats (kind of like the dozens that were deleted from yesterdays troll party) I started posting as Jaxxon.
It was my choice and the original account is still active if I should ever decide I want to use it.
ralff is posting with the name of the town where I grew up as his user name right now and posts my real name every time he gets frustrated because he isn't smart enough to win an argument (how sad is that?), so as far as I'm concerned you can save the drama.
When I talk about the trolls posting anonymously, I'm talking about the cowards that come on here, post other peoples info, make threats and hide behind an anonymous proxy to do it.
Remind you of anyone?
It's all they've got, Jax. It makes them feel in control and intimidating. Typical cyber-bully behavior, nothing more.

And every time this issue comes up, they trot out Barnes/Torchwood as their poster child and use her when they couldn't care less about the woman, and she hasn't even posted here in a couple of years now.

These people are beyond despicable. They're downright evil.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#168399 Aug 8, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Thanks, Free.
I won by default. It was "da fault" of Ralff that he got banned while on the throne, so to speak that is.
I think it's a Topix first.
"...It was "da fault" of Ralff that he got banned while on the throne..."

LOL...and a couple of times since then.

Concord, CA

#168400 Aug 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
CNN video: British teen commits suicide after online attacks
14 year old Hannah Smith has committed suicide after becoming the target of internet trolls.
A face book page in her memory has been taken down after the same trolls began to attack the dead teen there. Her sister has now become their target.
Most of the attacks originated from an unregulated, New York based forum where those responsible plan a "celebration" following the young girls death.
http://www.cnn.com/video/...
My gawd, there is something very wrong with this world. The Internet has created monsters.

“For God & Country”

Since: Aug 13

The Promised Land Illinois

#168401 Aug 8, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I found it really interesting when a poster claimed earlier that most of the "hate" they saw came from the "far left".
I mean, seriously. You would have to be blind not to see what really goes on here and the constant hate from the so called far "right".
These people are insane, morally bankrupt, hypocritical and insane.
I see it all when I disagree with you or anyone else, you say I am an idiot or worse, Fine I can live with that.(General statement) When someone gives an opposing argument you most generally get nasty I can live with that. And I will agree there is some from the right as well. But you and several other posters take it to the next level.
I freely admit I dislike President Obama but he is my President
Most of you on the left can’t say that about President Bush you know the Devil Incarnate to the left after all he did steal the election for VP Gore (oh I helped with VP Gores campaign) I have friends who would agree about Bush.
And yes there are some on the Right who hate President Obama and thinks he is the Devil Incarnate but I find more on the left.
Believe it or not most Americans don’t care one way or another about the President unless something drastic happens then 70-80% if not more will pull behind him. Yes even some right leaning people will. I have seen it.

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#168402 Aug 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, if you are a minor when you are convicted of a crime, under most circumstances, any criminal record will be gone by the time you are 24 years old and even in the most extreme cases (other than sexual assault) there is no record of criminal activity by the time you are 26.
Those records are also sealed.
In the case of a sexual assault, that conviction will become part of your adult criminal record.
Like I said earlier, being convicted of a crime when you are a minor does not follow you around causing problems once you are an adult.
If they continue their criminal behavior it sure does.. As I stated when they turn 18 they will still have a hard time finding a job since the record is still available.. That is what FDLE does not local LEA's.. Those records are kept for life in a huge file cabinet..

Eagle
1 post removed

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#168404 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
And your point is, troll?
That's right, you don't have one, and you never do when you go on these scavenger hunts like the vulture you are. You sure spend a lot of time and energy researching people and their old posts.
Get a life, moron.
They never quite get the point do they?

Considering my own experience I would suggest no one ever post on the net using their real name, but when I talk about anonymous trolls I'm talking about the ones that post other peoples info, make threats and stalk people...all the while hiding behind an anonymous proxy because they think it can't be traced back to them.

Those people are just cowards.

Concord, CA

#168405 Aug 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
"7%" Written by a 90 year old
This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio .
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Yield.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Its estimated 93% won't share this.
I'm in the 7%.
Friends are the family that we choose.
I love this. Thank you for sharing it, NTR.:-)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#168406 Aug 8, 2013
Artists Image of Dr King Jr. in 'hoodie' GOES Viral ...

http://thebuzzcincy.com/1511619/artists-image...

“For God & Country”

#168407 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Amen to that, X.
The biggest liars and hypocrites on these boards. And these are the kind of people that champion gun rights so feverishly. Now I know where the crazed murderers come from.
Question to you are you a monster are you a gun fanatic in restriction. You have the right to bear arms it is plain and simple. I do not own a weapon nor will I ever own a Weapon. But it is everyone’s right to decide if they want to own a weapon.

Question how many Americans have been arrested in liberal communities for having a butter knife in their lunch. I know of at least 2 people. The left is not proactive they are reactive. But truth is most people are reactive.

I am nothing more than what i appear to be, a person.

Concord, CA

#168408 Aug 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
They never quite get the point do they?
Considering my own experience I would suggest no one ever post on the net using their real name, but when I talk about anonymous trolls I'm talking about the ones that post other peoples info, make threats and stalk people...all the while hiding behind an anonymous proxy because they think it can't be traced back to them.
Those people are just cowards.
I hear you, Jax.

See I never deliberately posted my real name. It happened by accident when I shared a story from a writing website on the Troll Rehab thread five years ago. But these vultures seek out everything and follow people around once they target you.

I was very naive about the Internet back then, and I hadn't even been on the Internet for six years prior to 2007. Once they had me on their hit list, they stalked me to other Forums, used my name, then found my son's name, and they haven't stopped since. Of course we all know not to share personal identifying information now. But they are cowards who blame those they abuse.

And that feeble excuse about people putting their info out there is hogwash. It's their way of excusing their own wrongdoing. They have no morals, no principles, no sense of right and wrong. But it's the Internet where cowards like this feel brave and they think they can get away with anything. They're not capable of doing any real harm. They just like to give that impression, but who knows what lunatic might get a hold of someone's home address and try something? That's the bottom line, so they do put people in harm's way.

The lot of them are despicable human beings in my opinion and nothing but weak cowards.

“For God & Country”

#168409 Aug 8, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you about the hate but where you lose me is saying it's all coming from the left. I believe I've seen more then it's share coming from the right as well. Hate doesn't heal nor has it ever accomplished anything that is good.
If you see the left wanting to infringe on our freedoms I'd love for you to be more sepecific about what they are doing that makes you feel that way.
The problem is I know more Democrats than Republicans. So my point of view is a little jaded. I am from Illinois after all.
1 post removed

“For God & Country”

#168411 Aug 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio .
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Yield.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Its estimated 93% won't share this.
I'm in the 7%.
Friends are the family that we choose.
Good read here is the link as well
http://www.abdi.ro/7-nothing-new-but-very-goo...
American Lady

Richmond Hill, Canada

#168412 Aug 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ...
You must be the 'new poster over on the FOX forum ...
AmericanLunatic
“I'm NOT American Lady!”
Since: Nov 12
Location hidden
'Mods' "MUST" be L-I-B-tarded!
"THeY"
C~A~N~N~O~T
UnderSTanD **TRUE PATRIOTISM**!!!
((((((((((USA))))))))))
**********WE**********
***ARE***
***T H E***
**********ReaL**********
*******P`A`T`R`I`O`T`S********
GOD
BLESS
AMERICA!
(and ALL the "PALE" PEEP$)
I 'WOULD' s~l~a~p
"ALL oF YOU"
PunKS!!!
BeT On iT!
~~~\~\~\~\
I <3 JESUS!!!
Numbers 31:32
These were the spoils which remained of the plunder taken by the fighting men: 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys, and as for persons, 32,000 young women who had had no intercourse with a man.
SEE!!! "THaT"
MEANS =
'you LIbtards'
ARE SHEEP!!!
<3 PRAISE THE LORD!<3
anD
KiSS My Go~ To~ HeLL
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TCFCLC ...
Can't EVEN emulate me when you give it "ya best shot'...!!!
em·u·late
Verb
Match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation.
Imitate.
``````````
See ya :)
Gotta catch some
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Then I'll be *back*...
Don't go away mad ...
Just go away ...
Don't forget to take ya "socks" with ya ...
It would be a ...
Peaceful Easy Feeling
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
without you HATE inciters and your ILK on here!
We could get to the CORE of what is 'happening' to/in America ...
AND have a PEACEFUL debate ...
for a change ...
;~)
you are just like the 0 ...
dividers ... ALL ...
living ya 'fantasy' gov FUNDED lives ...
Toodles ...

“For God & Country”

#168413 Aug 8, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
33. Believe in miracles.
Like 6 year old Nathan Woessner who was trapped/buried under 11+feet of sand for 3 1/2 hours and lived. And the Saturday before last he ran out of his home and claimed in to his grandpa’s boat to see the fish his older brother caught. And the week before he was in a coma.
The President could have called him, but then the President would have to acknowledge a greater being/God. We can’t have that (sarcasm)

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#168414 Aug 8, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issues with the black community we were discussing the song and how it relates to this day in time.. We have members of all races on welfare and we need to find a way to ween them off and go back to work.. There is many things the government can do to jumpstart/help create jobs but continue to fail at doing so..
Eagle
Thanks to Congress unless Obama does it by Executive Order and you know how much everyone loves it when he does that.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#168415 Aug 8, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is I know more Democrats than Republicans. So my point of view is a little jaded. I am from Illinois after all.
I'm from Florida so I don't know a lot about Illinois.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#168416 Aug 8, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
Like 6 year old Nathan Woessner who was trapped/buried under 11+feet of sand for 3 1/2 hours and lived. And the Saturday before last he ran out of his home and claimed in to his grandpa’s boat to see the fish his older brother caught. And the week before he was in a coma.
The President could have called him, but then the President would have to acknowledge a greater being/God. We can’t have that (sarcasm)
I hadn't heard about that but I do believe in miracles. Did it occur to you that perhaps the President wasn't informed about this either?
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#168417 Aug 8, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>This Olympics is going to be very tense it seems. I wonder if the UN can do anything to resolve this?
It is none of the UN`s Business Dummy!

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#168418 Aug 8, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks to Congress unless Obama does it by Executive Order and you know how much everyone loves it when he does that.
Pipeline/obamacare/deregulatio n/bad trade agreements would be a start.. Oh yea he is not interested in those issues..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Republican Party is dead 2 min Le Jimbo 1,815
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,396,374
Time to go? (Jun '15) 4 min southern at heart 12,026
News McConnell: "Trump clearly needs to change" to w... 6 min Auto Service Tech... 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Uncle Tab 228,969
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 7 min lol 1,968
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min Bottom Line 20,194
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 22 min Le Jimbo 3,642
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 8 hr serfs up 70
More from around the web