The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393371 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Love comes in every shade”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#143741 May 27, 2013
Barack Obama and Michelle are the most powerful people on the planet.

“Love comes in every shade”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#143742 May 27, 2013
My issue with them is like all politicians they are easily corrupted by money.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143743 May 27, 2013
Shivi wrote:
Then he is the most corrupted too.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 07

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#143745 May 27, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Then he is the most corrupted too.
What is the logic there, POS? Is it that power and corruption are irrevocably united? MUST there be corruption in the presence of power? Is that your mindset?

Also, while I have your attention, let me ask you a few more questions.

#1: You've indicated that the mere act of posting on the "other" thread somehow signifies acceptance of its premise, which you've also indicated is a lie that somehow damages you. Poor baby. But, you've posted there also, so, WTF?

#2: Regarding this post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

I believe that, to the best of anyone's knowledge, Rose is an American citizen. Additionally, she does not advocate for the overthrow of our government, which I believe you HAVE done. So, the question is, how exactly do you feel that you have the freedom to place her beneath you?

Hey, and as long as we're talking, let me ask you this. You're giving a demonstration TODAY (Memorial Day) to "developers" for this great new idea of yours? Are they U.S. developers? The reason I ask is that I believe that ALL U.S. developers would defer such a meeting until tomorrow, because of the holiday.
1 post removed

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#143747 May 27, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, had a lengthy reply twice but both got lost. So, in brief I'll say, I agree with you, and yes, politicians should be culpable for abuse of power or lying to the public to start wars, among other things, no matter which party leads.
When I first came on this forum, I made some lengthy responses which I sent and they wouldn't appear. Sometimes lengthy responses take a little more thought and longer to complete which may cause this. Another poster suggested that I copy my response prior to sending. If the post didn't appear, I could go back to the post I was responding to, paste my response and send immediately. This always seems to work and I now make a practice of copying lengthier responses prior to sending. Just thought this might be a helpful tip. It is so irritating to spend time on a response and then lose it!

As far as lying to the public to start wars, just remember that the House and Senate passed legislation for this war. They had the same information George W. Bush had at that time. The Democrats in the Senate who voted for the war included Biden, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Obama.
----------

The famous “16 words” in President Bush’s Jan. 28, 2003 State of the Union address turn out to have a basis in fact after all, according to two recently released investigations in the US and Britain.

Bush said then,“The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa .” Some of his critics called that a lie, but the new evidence shows Bush had reason to say what he did.

A British intelligence review released July 14 calls Bush’s 16 words “well founded.”

A separate report by the US Senate Intelligence Committee said July 7 that the US also had similar information from “a number of intelligence reports,” a fact that was classified at the time Bush spoke.

But what he said – that Iraq sought uranium – is just what both British and US intelligence were telling him at the time. So Bush may indeed have been misinformed, but that's not the same as lying.

The final word on the 16 words may have to await history's judgment. The Butler report's conclusion that British intelligence was "credible" clearly doesn't square with what US intelligence now believes. But these new reports show Bush had plenty of reason to believe what he said, even if British intelligence is eventually shown to be mistaken.

http://www.factcheck.org/bushs_16_words_on_ir...

Location hidden

#143748 May 27, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Props to ya Honey..
Eagle
Thanks Eagle. Glad to see you in here.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#143749 May 27, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Your baiting and the time and effort you put into posting a link doesn't surprise me in the least, after all this is the only life you have.
What does surprise me is your proclamation
"ALL U.S. developers would defer such a meeting until tomorrow".
Since you obviously have the time to sit on your azz and search for links today for no constructive reason.
Do something constructive in your worthless little life and and post a link to back up that statement.
Thanks
....."this is the only life you have.".........You've gone off the deep end beyond any shadow of doubt. It's become a rarity that we have the pleasure of Jester's comments. He's just "that busy" in the real world with a successful business which he owns and manages. I'm always happy to see him posting - definitely an occasional event.

The fact that he stopped by on Memorial Day is not a surprise to me. Many of our vets do show up on this day in particular as well as Veteran's Day.

What is "worthless" is the propaganda you spew about our President and First Lady - just about none of which is factually based in anyway, fashion or form. I have to chalk that up to your discontent that your perspective is not the prevailing attitude of rational Americans - another reality for which I, personally, am extremely grateful.

Last, as to you - if you don't know what you're posting about, how about at least not posting mindless blather? Thanks!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#143750 May 27, 2013
BEIRUT (Reuters)- Heavy fighting raged around the strategic Syrian border town of Qusair and the capital Damascus on Monday and further reports surfaced of chemical weapons attacks by President Bashar al-Assad's forces on rebel areas.

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-fighting-rages-am...
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#143751 May 27, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Just an FYI:
NORMANDY AMERICAN CEMETERY AND MEMORIAL
The Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in France is located on the site of the temporary American St. Laurent Cemetery, established by the U.S. First Army on June 8, 1944 and the first American cemetery on European soil in World War II. The cemetery site, at the north end of its half mile access road, covers 172.5 acres and contains the graves of 9,387 of our military dead, most of whom lost their lives in the D-Day landings and ensuing operations. On the Walls of the Missing, in a semicircular garden on the east side of the memorial, are inscribed 1,557 names. Rosettes mark the names of those since recovered and identified.
http://www.abmc.gov/publications/VisitorBroch...
http://www.abmc.gov/publications/CemeteryBook...
The above two are pdf's
http://www.abmc.gov/cemeteries/cemeteries/no....
THANKS! American Lady, hope you're enjoying this day.. at present am enjoying watching all the coverage on FOX honoring our fallen soldiers.

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#143752 May 27, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Your baiting and the time and effort you put into posting a link doesn't surprise me in the least, after all this is the only life you have.
What does surprise me is your proclamation
"ALL U.S. developers would defer such a meeting until tomorrow".
Since you obviously have the time to sit on your azz and search for links today for no constructive reason.
Do something constructive in your worthless little life and and post a link to back up that statement.
Thanks
It wasn't baiting. I asked the poster direct questions.

The "time" was about 3 minutes. The "effort" was pretty much nonexistent, as I was only expressing my thoughts.

I've made 16 post since Feb. 3 of this year, including this one. I hardly think that would indicate that this is the only life I have.

What I said was "The reason I ask is that I believe that ALL U.S. developers would defer such a meeting until tomorrow, because of the holiday." I was expressing my belief. There is no link to "back it up". It's my belief, as a developer myself. I have a LOT of work, but today is Memorial Day and, like most Americans whose profession does not require that they work on national holidays, I'm not working.

Is "John" your name, or your status? If it's your status, you may wish to touch base with another fellow from Denver who posts here. His screen name is Quirky. I'm guessing that the two of you may have some female acquaintances in common.

Caguas, Puerto Rico

#143753 May 27, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>....."this is the only life you have.".........You've gone off the deep end beyond any shadow of doubt. It's become a rarity that we have the pleasure of Jester's comments. He's just "that busy" in the real world with a successful business which he owns and manages. I'm always happy to see him posting - definitely an occasional event.
The fact that he stopped by on Memorial Day is not a surprise to me. Many of our vets do show up on this day in particular as well as Veteran's Day.
What is "worthless" is the propaganda you spew about our President and First Lady - just about none of which is factually based in anyway, fashion or form. I have to chalk that up to your discontent that your perspective is not the prevailing attitude of rational Americans - another reality for which I, personally, am extremely grateful.
Last, as to you - if you don't know what you're posting about, how about at least not posting mindless blather? Thanks!
"It's become a rarity that we have the pleasure of Jester's comments."

Wow, thank you (I think)!). On the other hand, now I feel like if I deliver a comment that is anything less than worthy of Solomon, you (and everyone else here) will be be disappointed, especially those who would disagree with you if you said something as fundamentally true as "The sun is hot.
Bonnie

Rexburg, ID

#143754 May 27, 2013
Shivi wrote:
Um...Are you bragging because he's black? If so, you're only half way home. He's half white. A fact. I'm ashamed of that.
Bonnie

Rexburg, ID

#143755 May 27, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Let me sneak this one IN!:)
toodles ...
YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THIS 'STAR-SPANGLED BANNER'
Band challenges nation to renew intimacy with patriotic theme
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/you-havent-heard-t...
DAM STRAIGHT!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#143756 May 27, 2013
American Lady wrote:
WHAT CAN GOVERNMENT SNOOPS GET BY WITH?
Look at the regs for phone records access, use
WASHINGTON – Big Brother has become more emboldened than ever with the recent revelation that the Justice Department had obtained from telephone companies the records of Associated Press and other reporters to investigate an alleged national security leak, according to a report in Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/what-can-governmen...
I'm going to "call it a night" ...
BIG day tomorrow ...
Enjoy your *Memorial Day* Folks :)
The question is how many other news services have had their communications compromised? If I was in Reuters, I'd be a tad concerned. Reuters, among others, like CBS and ABC, has continued to demand answers about Benghazi. Reuters was one of the first to provide video of the attack that didn't look much like a demonstration. Since the WH has been less than candid about what they knew and when they knew it, these pesky services could be seen as a threat to (WH self serving) security.

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#143757 May 27, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>DAM STRAIGHT!
Hi Bonnie! hey did you see how sinker boy changed all the judies from his asswhoopin last night? Gawd it must have taken him hours. to take away the good ones and replace them with the exact number of good ones for its self. well i geuss it kept it out of every one elses hair for quite a bit of time.
lmao
Bonnie

Rexburg, ID

#143758 May 27, 2013
georgeply77 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bonnie! hey did you see how sinker boy changed all the judies from his asswhoopin last night? Gawd it must have taken him hours. to take away the good ones and replace them with the exact number of good ones for its self. well i geuss it kept it out of every one elses hair for quite a bit of time.
lmao
ROTF..I just went and looked. Yeah,I'd bet he's sittin' down slow and easy today.lol.

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#143759 May 27, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>ROTF..I just went and looked. Yeah,I'd bet he's sittin' down slow and easy today.lol.
lol!
heck he split before i even had a chance to warm up. lol. hope you,re having a great day. i got go help ma with the ribs, so i'll be on and off all day.:)

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#143760 May 27, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's become a rarity that we have the pleasure of Jester's comments."
Wow, thank you (I think)!). On the other hand, now I feel like if I deliver a comment that is anything less than worthy of Solomon, you (and everyone else here) will be be disappointed, especially those who would disagree with you if you said something as fundamentally true as "The sun is hot.
LOL! Not at all. It's just nice to see you posting on the threads. Still, that's a valid point you just made. Some here will find fault with "The sun is hot." - as long as you're the guy who made the comment;-) They can only distinguish friend from foe, and foe is anybody who doesn't hate the President and First Lady and want him impeached - or worse.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#143761 May 27, 2013
PRJester wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the logic there, POS? Is it that power and corruption are irrevocably united? MUST there be corruption in the presence of power? Is that your mindset?
Also, while I have your attention, let me ask you a few more questions.
#1: You've indicated that the mere act of posting on the "other" thread somehow signifies acceptance of its premise, which you've also indicated is a lie that somehow damages you. Poor baby. But, you've posted there also, so, WTF?
#2: Regarding this post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...
I believe that, to the best of anyone's knowledge, Rose is an American citizen. Additionally, she does not advocate for the overthrow of our government, which I believe you HAVE done. So, the question is, how exactly do you feel that you have the freedom to place her beneath you?
Hey, and as long as we're talking, let me ask you this. You're giving a demonstration TODAY (Memorial Day) to "developers" for this great new idea of yours? Are they U.S. developers? The reason I ask is that I believe that ALL U.S. developers would defer such a meeting until tomorrow, because of the holiday.
You could never know the logic Here and you could never know what it means to be an american. No wonder you have never achieved statehood. It will take many years before you can.
Earth to George

Van Nuys, CA

#143762 May 27, 2013
georgeply77 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bonnie! hey did you see how sinker boy changed all the judies from his asswhoopin last night? Gawd it must have taken him hours. to take away the good ones and replace them with the exact number of good ones for its self. well i geuss it kept it out of every one elses hair for quite a bit of time.
lmao
He kicked your azz Georgie,
He made you look like a complete fool,
Not that you needed much help at it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Renews Call for Inve... 2 min USA Today 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,417,180
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min Micropenis is sof... 10,978
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Terra Firma 15,673
News Presidential golf: Scandal for thee, but not fo... 7 min Slade surfer Thom... 13
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,244
News Inside Donald Trump's new strategy to counter t... 7 min Christians In Nam... 1
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 31 min Christians In Nam... 236
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 42 min Surgit Tempestas 7,351
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr IND 239,616
More from around the web