The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393392 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#125412 Apr 8, 2013
Margret Thatcher wrote:
I was told American Lady was to get her 2nd Lobotomy today.
Another "gnat" buzzing!
Reality

Shelbyville, KY

#125413 Apr 8, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
Burger King diner defeats would-be robber by shooting him
A father who was trying to eat with his family at Burger King was able to defeat an armed robber by pulling his own weapon and shooting at him, Miami police said.
It was at the height of lunch time, about 1 p.m., when a would-be robber walked into a Burger King, flashed his gun at one of the family diners, and demanded the diner fork over money and valuables, police said in a CBS report. The robber was exiting when the father, who feared for his and his family’s life, CBS said, took out his own gun and shot the suspect in the leg.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
If we had more of this from our citizens, criminals would not find it so easily to rob and kill.

The prisons need to be overhaul and America needs to resort back to when there were no computers, no legal library, no televisions, no lawsuits and appeals for prisoners who are disatisfied with their peanut butter, no sports arena for recreation and no payment for working for their room and board. Instead, give them the punishment they thrived and worked to obtain. Put them on a chain gang. Basic meals of bean soup and bread.

Them maybe, the prisons won't be so appealing and enticing, encouraging the feloners to commit crime in order to be incarcerated and put in their spas and condos.

This is harshly put but this is what is needed today in order to bring law and justice not tax payers paying for lawyers and their criminal clients.
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#125414 Apr 8, 2013
GOP rep’s son: CNN and MSNBC canceled my interviews when I refused to bash my dad
posted at 6:01 pm on April 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

An amazing catch from BuzzFeed. Remember Matt Salmon? Republican, congressman, strong social conservative, opponent of gay marriage — and father of a gay son. I wrote about him last week as a counterpoint to Rob Portman, to show how opponents of SSM with gay family members deal with this issue differently. Salmon hasn’t flipped like Portman did but he does have warm words about his son. Turns out the son has warm words for his father too.

Read more: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/08/gop-rep...
AP is opinion NOT news

San Bernardino, CA

#125415 Apr 8, 2013
Compare and contrast AP obits: Margaret Thatcher vs. Hugo Chavez
Posted at 10:39 am on April 8, 2013 by Twitchy Staff

http://twitchy.com/2013/04/08/compare-and-con...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#125416 Apr 8, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Desperate or not, he lies.
All of them are born that way and Jax knew he was gay before he entered the service.
Others know the same as well.
Many also hate themselves because of this fact while others cope with it as best as they can in a predominately straight world and try to rationalize it as normal.
I personally believe that there is a natural purpose for being gay though.
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of it and know absolutely nothing about gay people or how they feel about themselves.
You pass these ignorant judgments on people you obviously have no knowledge of or experience with.
How can you possibly be so sure of that, nimrod. I know all I need to know about you.
1 post removed

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#125418 Apr 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Boys cant marry a boy and girls can't marry a girl."
That's right DP, close your eyes, bury your head in your hands and chant "not there, not there".
I'm legally married to a man (have the marriage certificate to prove it) and federal recognition is just around the corner.
Not a dam* thing you can do about it either.
For such a "smart guy" you say some really dumb things.
How many men abandon their wives and children under the guise of "I just discovered I was gay"? What were they when they were making those children? They were tired of working their backs off only to give their whole paychecks away to a woman and her children only to be nagged to death all the time so they started hanging out with their buddies and decided that it's much easier not having a family and all those responsibilities so they claim to be "gay" so that society doesn't call them out for being the disgusting dead beats that they are. Then they have the nerve to want to claim their buddy as a spouse for the tax advantages and federal benefits? Not in my world! Not in my world!
3 posts removed

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#125422 Apr 8, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>
Should have kept your mouth shut jaxxon. Next time leave sleeping dogs lie.
LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125423 Apr 8, 2013
Vladmire wrote:
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS ALL started with my comment to "x-man" about his Dobies!
...Real life huh? Get with the program? OR WHAT?...said x-man[dumchit!]..."
AL said:
I can NOT "predict" your future!:)
dipwad ;0)
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
I'll bet I can predict your! Moving to another location;-) LOL
==========
IS THIS "what" you "predicted" NTR/nutter...???
IS this your "handiwork" ...???
From ya lil goobers ...???
Didn't HAPPEN until "you" "PREDICTED it!
``````````
Thanks to THIS person "predicting" my location being moved form
----Danville KY----
THIS crap has STARTED happening ...
ALL the FAKE "American Lady" 's
Did NOT happen until then!
IF you WANT to continue with THIS being "filed" AGAINST this person ... just KEEP it up!
Remember I have "friends in low places" in DC & California!!!
They are making the "file" ...
ALL it takes is a phone call ...
-n-
I have been MORE than kind & patient!
``````````
"friends in low places"
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Good news,,, all I know you are concerned. I got the condom out of my azz and while I was cleaning in there I found 3 wrist watches. and 2 dog bones. Message me if your watch is missing. The bones are from my dobies lol. I let them do that, it tickles a bit.LOL
Just a FYI My secret file is safe and secure..... I have it in my azz also.... Call me.
chickenchit GNAT!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125424 Apr 8, 2013
AFRAID to put a city!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125425 Apr 8, 2013
Do "you REALLY think u r anonymous?

Ha!
American Lady

Netherlands

#125426 Apr 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Do "you REALLY think u r anonymous?
Ha!
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS ALL started with my comment to "x-man" about his Dobies!
...Real life huh? Get with the program? OR WHAT?...said x-man[dumchit!]..."
AL said:
I can NOT "predict" your future!:)
dipwad ;0)
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
I'll bet I can predict your! Moving to another location;-) LOL
==========
IS THIS "what" you "predicted" NTR/nutter...???
IS this your "handiwork" ...???
From ya lil goobers ...???
Didn't HAPPEN until "you" "PREDICTED it!
``````````
Thanks to THIS person "predicting" my location being moved form
----Danville KY----
THIS crap has STARTED happening ...
ALL the FAKE "American Lady" 's
Did NOT happen until then!
IF you WANT to continue with THIS being "filed" AGAINST this person ... just KEEP it up!
Remember I have "friends in low places" in DC & California!!!
They are making the "file" ...
ALL it takes is a phone call ...
-n-
I have been MORE than kind & patient!
``````````
"friends in low places"
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Good news, all I know you are concerned. I got the condom out of my azz and while I was cleaning in there I found 3 wrist watches. and 2 dog bones. Message me if your watch is missing. The bones are from my dobies lol. I let them do that, it tickles a bit.LOL
Just a FYI My secret file is safe and secure..... I have it in my azz also.... Call me.
3 posts removed
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#125430 Apr 8, 2013
Christians Demonized as Extremists

Published on Apr 8, 2013

Are evangelical Christians rapidly becoming one of the most hated minorities in America? Once upon a time such a notion would have been unthinkable, but these days things are changing dramatically. All over the United States, evangelical Christians are being called "extremists" and evangelical Christian organizations are being labeled as "hate groups". In fact, as I will detail later on in this article, a U.S. Army Reserve training presentation recently specifically identified evangelical Christians as "religious extremists". This should be extremely chilling for all evangelical Christians out there, because as history has shown us over and over again, when you want to persecute a particular group of people the first step is always to demonize them. And that is exactly what is being done to evangelical Christians today. Just look at how evangelical Christians are being portrayed on television and in the movies. Just look at how much hate is being spewed at Christians on the Internet. The Southern Poverty Law Center and the ACLU, both of which are considered to be among the most prominent "civil rights" organizations in the United States, are seemingly obsessed with attacking evangelical Christians. It has become trendy to bash Christians, and that is a very frightening thing. After they have finished demonizing evangelical Christians, what will the next step be?

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#125431 Apr 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
How many men abandon their wives and children under the guise of "I just discovered I was gay"? What were they when they were making those children? They were tired of working their backs off only to give their whole paychecks away to a woman and her children only to be nagged to death all the time so they started hanging out with their buddies and decided that it's much easier not having a family and all those responsibilities so they claim to be "gay" so that society doesn't call them out for being the disgusting dead beats that they are. Then they have the nerve to want to claim their buddy as a spouse for the tax advantages and federal benefits? Not in my world! Not in my world!
Props to ya.. Slap theirs asses with some child support and see what happens.. BTW does a gay couple that adopts a child have to pay child support when they divorce??

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#125432 Apr 8, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of Michigan Wal-Mart shoppers got an education today while I was there. A man came in with a western style gun and holster on (gun in full view). Some people got nervous and call the manager but they were informed that t was not an illegal act in Michigan.
The placed didn't get robbed all the time he was there.
How does it feel to be the king of IR this week?? ;-)

Eagle

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#125433 Apr 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not in my world! Not in my world!"

I hate to be the one to break this to ya DP, but it's not your world and just between the two of us, you're starting to sound a little hysterical.

As far as your ridiculous scenario...

There are a lot of gay men that have been raised in families, communities and religious traditions that make it very difficult to reach the point where they can first admit, then accept and later be at peace with the fact that they are gay.

The pressure to "be what you are supposed to be" can be tremendous and many men have ended up getting married and trying to force themselves to "be straight", but it never works.

It's a real tragedy when a family breaks up, but it can happen for all kinds of reason and this is just one of them, but to honest I don't know of a single instance when a man has decided he just didn't want to be married, pretended he was gay and married a man.

Being gay doesn't protect you from paying child support or any of the other financial responsibilities that any other man that gets divorced would face. The fact that you think it does reveals a whole new level of ignorance I hadn't even imagined existed and (as a general rule) STRAIGHT MEN DON'T MARRY OTHER MEN...they get married to another woman and start the whole cycle of misery all over again.

Imagine how much better things would be if every young gay person grew up in a situation where they knew it was okay to just be who they are. If they didn't feel they had to hate themselves for being "different", they didn't have to fear losing their families, their friends, being rejected by their community or being physically and verbally attacked by people like you just because they are gay.

Imagine how much better it would be for everyone involved.

That's the world I've spent most of my adult life working toward DP.

That's my world and frankly I don't care if you're part of it or not.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#125435 Apr 8, 2013
positronium wrote:
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Desperate or not, he lies.
All of them are born that way and Jax knew he was gay before he entered the service.
Others know the same as well.
Many also hate themselves because of this fact while others cope with it as best as they can in a predominately straight world and try to rationalize it as normal.
I personally believe that there is a natural purpose for being gay though.
<quoted text>How can you possibly be so sure of that, nimrod. I know all I need to know about you.
I can be just as sure as YOU are, but I've known and know gay people. And everyone of them is quite happy and content with who they are, and they don't try to deal with as best they can like you suggested.

You know NOTHING about me, except what you've concocted in your own small, hateful mind. Stay on topic. It's NOT me.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#125436 Apr 8, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking only for myself AND representing the majority vote in California (lol), I would vote for such an AMEND to BAN same-sex marriage and any other marriage other than one man/one woman.
if it passed, would you move out of the Country?
think we can expect one to be passed by the Congress to let the People decide for once and all?
would you support Congress passing such an Amend, to let the People decide?
the same for abortion?
illegal immigrant amnesty?
NAFTA/ETC Fair Trade agreements?
bail outs?
anchor babies?
welfare?
repealing the need for Congress to delcare war?
Social Security?
heathcare?
FG interferring in pub ed?
prayer in school?
hell yeah! let's start putting some Amendments out there and see what the People REALLY think.
I'm all for it... but then, I SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION.
don't you?
if the Country goes to Hell (like under Prohibition), they can be repealed, right?
well, the Country IS going to Hell, so why NOT?
DOMA is doomed. You can take that to the bank. It's unconstitutional.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#125437 Apr 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Funny, I've known men who were married to women and children, then came out and they were very good fathers and provided for their ex-wife and children without hesitation or complaint.

You seem to have some very hateful and biased opinions about gay men. Now you're trying to stereotype those that were married as "dead beats?"

Like I've said before, it's personal with you and it's getting more apparent. Your anger is a dead giveaway.
1 post removed

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#125439 Apr 8, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the way it will play out with many many of both sexes.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125440 Apr 8, 2013
GOP rep’s son: CNN and MSNBC canceled my interviews when I refused to bash my dad
APRIL 8, 2013

An amazing catch from BuzzFeed. Remember Matt Salmon? Republican, congressman, strong social conservative, opponent of gay marriage — and father of a gay son. I wrote about him last week as a counterpoint to Rob Portman, to show how opponents of SSM with gay family members deal with this issue differently. Salmon hasn’t flipped like Portman did but he does have warm words about his son. Turns out the son has warm words for his father too.
>>>-->> “He doesn't see it as not allowing his son to be with the person he loves because he knows that regardless of where marriage is, I’m going to be with the person that I love,” the son told The Washington Blade.“Whether I can legally marry in Arizona or not, it’s not going to change that fact and my father knows that and he accepts my desire to be with the man that I love.

To him, marriage is defined as between a man and a woman.

It has nothing to do with the way he views a person’s relationship, and that’s the thing that I think is hard for people to understand.”<<---< <<

MORE:
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/08/gop-rep...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Bakker 7,990
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 2 min Patriot 1,600
News Former Obama aide: Trump is a 'psychopath' 3 min Mite Be 76
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Crow 239,902
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min NE Jade 16,111
Time to go? (Jun '15) 6 min Patriot 12,551
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 7 min Patriot 10,947
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min USAsince1680 1,420,169
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 12 min Mullahing It Over 134
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 19 min Ronald 381
More from around the web