The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336897 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#123965 Apr 4, 2013
SKorea: North Korea moved missile to east coast

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/world/article/...
1 post removed
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123967 Apr 4, 2013
West Virginia Sheriff Shot and Killed Outside Courthouse[a Good man]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/west-virginia-sherif...

UPDATE: Mingo County sheriff killed, suspect in custody[TOUGH on drug dealers]

http://www.dailymail.com/News/breakingnews/20...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#123968 Apr 4, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Desperation" is a good word for it, X.
I think that's one reason they resort to such extreme tactics to silence and intimidate their opponents. They have nothing of substance.
One of the major weaknesses of the far right is that the majority of those citizens are not that well-educated or informed for one thing. And another is that they haven't had the experience with either thinking about or discussing political theories. The liberals/Democrats have been much more involved historically in politics than the average conservative. JMO mind you.
That's one reason the Internet is a God send for them. They can rely so much on Google to do their thinking for them, and that's why they use articles and links incessantly to make their points. Oftentimes, those articles are completely off base and irrelevant to the subject at hand too, I've noticed. But if they can find it on Google and post a link, they think it proves it's the "truth" and/or a "fact."
All they have to do is Google a key word or phrase, and if they find even ONE article from a far-right website, they think they've hit the mother lode. The Internet has actually dumbed down people's ability to reason on their own. It's sad in a way.
Yet another new survey shows that Republican supporters know more about politics and political history than Democrats.

On eight of 13 questions about politics, Republicans outscored Democrats by an average of 18 percentage points, according to a new Pew survey titled “Partisan Differences in Knowledge.”

The Pew survey adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/22/science-say...

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#123969 Apr 4, 2013
More news from the mideast: http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/...
Not suprising- it's just like the thinking of illegal immigrants from Mexico- they think they deserve it, for some unGodly reason.
Inre NTR's brief (no doubt) absence: unlike most of you, I'm betting she has a life away from the internet and is out enjoying it. A lady like her with personality, experience, contacts and a loving and supportive family to share life with can surely find something better to do than tap tap tap on the keyboard nonstop...speaking of which...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#123970 Apr 4, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD was taken out of the Judicial System and replaced with amoral men and women.
So your blaming Republicans in the Supreme Court for not overturning Roe vs Wade?

==========

Former Top Judge Says US Risks Edging Near to Dictatorship
· Sandra Day O'Connor warns of rightwing attacks
· Lawyers 'must speak up' to protect judiciary
http://tinyurl.com/24l3fb / March 13, 2006

Sandra Day O'Connor, a Republican-appointed judge who retired last month after 24 years on the supreme court, has said the US is in danger of edging towards dictatorship if the party's rightwingers continue to attack the judiciary.

In a strongly worded speech at Georgetown University, reported by National Public Radio and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Ms O'Connor took aim at Republican leaders whose repeated denunciations of the courts for alleged liberal bias could, she said, be contributing to a climate of violence against judges.

Ms O'Connor, nominated by Ronald Reagan as the first woman supreme court justice, declared: "We must be ever-vigilant against those who would strong-arm the judiciary."
She pointed to autocracies in the developing world and former Communist countries as lessons on where interference with the judiciary might lead. "It takes a lot of degeneration before a country falls into dictatorship, but we should avoid these ends by avoiding these beginnings."
Such threats, Ms O'Connor said, "pose a direct threat to our constitutional freedom", and she told the lawyers in her audience: "I want you to tune your ears to these attacks ... You have an obligation to speak up.
She noted death threats against judges were on the rise and added that the situation was not helped by a senior senator's suggestion that there might be a connection between the violence against judges and the decisions they make.
http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/print.cgi...
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#123971 Apr 4, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
Both parties have built their (escape routes) getaways in other countries knowing what they have done to America.
The Bush family in Brazil.
The Clintons in Australia.
The American patriots (anyone who is for the salvation of America)
is left high and dry.
LOL, I don't think they have to leave America. LOL

Bush lives in a gated community next door to his friend Tom Hicks in a Dallas Suburb.

The Clinton's are also protected by the Secret Service.

My bet for 2016 will be Jeb "Corporate" Bush vs Hillary "Corporate" Clinton.

Wall Street wins again and "We The People" lose as usual.

==========

The major problem with the mainstream media is they parrot all the lies and half-truths that both political hacks are saying. Reps & Dems

There are ZERO investigative reporters on corrupt corporate mainstream media.

Clear Channel is hardwired into the Bush political machine. The company co-chair is Tom Hicks, who purchased the Texas Rangers baseball team in 1998 from Bush Jr. That deal made Bush Junior a multi-millionaire. Michael Powell is a neo-confederate of the worst kind. He tried to hijack the FCC to deregulate and give away the public airwaves to his corporate cronies. Expecting Fox News to report real news is about as silly as waiting for Dick Cheney and George Bush to tell the truth. Clinton / Gore Telecommunications Act of 1996 sponsored giveaway of our public airwaves removed long-standing restrictions. Rupert Murdoch owns Fox. General Electric owns NBC, MSNBC, CNBC. Time Warner AOL owns CNN. Disney owns ABC. Viacom owns CBS. All Corporate Media. NBC GE & CBS Westinghouse does $BILLIONS with Pentagon for over 60 years.
==========

Silvio Berlusconi was the prime minister of Italy and owns state television networks, radio stations, three of Italy’s four commercial television networks, two big publishing houses, two national newspapers, fifty magazines, Italy’s largest movie and distribution company. Rupert Murdoch just happens to be Silvio Berlusconi’s best friend and as of July 31, all of Italy’s satellite hookups were switched automatically to Murdoch’s Sky Italia.
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#123972 Apr 4, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I can agree with your first 4 statements for the most part but I have a slight problem with your 5th.
I am winning and so is the firm.
Thanks for the info about the vnr's though.
I also do not listen to either fox or msn. Neither are honest, IMAO
No your not winning.

Our government has turned into China, Russia, etc. etc. et cetera.

All Americans are continuing to lose rights.

==========

VERIZON & AT&T SPY ON ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS
Telecom Whistleblower Discovers Circuit that Allows Access to All Systems on Wireless Carrier—Phone Calls, Text Messages, Emails and More / April 10, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/4u8nla
Babak Pasdar is a computer security expert who was hired in 2003 to help restructure the tech infrastructure at a major wireless telecommunications company. What he found shocked him. The company had set up a system that gave a third party, presumably a governmental entity, access to every communication coming through that company’s infrastructure. This means every email, internet use, document transmission, video, text message, as well as the ability to listen to and record any phone call.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/4/10/telecom...

-------

Spy Agency Sought U.S. Call Records Before 9/11, Lawyers Say
http://tinyurl.com/egle8 June 30 2006
(Bloomberg)-- The U.S. National Security Agency asked AT&T Inc. to help it set up a domestic call monitoring site seven months before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, lawyers claimed June 23 in court papers filed in New York federal court.

The allegation is part of a court filing adding AT&T, the nation's largest telephone company, as a defendant in a breach of privacy case filed earlier this month on behalf of Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. customers. The suit alleges that the three carriers, the NSA and President George W. Bush violated the Telecommunications Act of 1934 and the U.S. Constitution, and seeks money damages.

``The Bush Administration asserted this became necessary after 9/11,'' plaintiff's lawyer Carl Mayer said in a telephone interview.``This undermines that assertion.''
The lawsuit is related to an alleged NSA program to record and store data on calls placed by subscribers. More than 30 suits have been filed over claims that the carriers, the three biggest U.S. telephone companies, violated the privacy rights of their customers by cooperating with the NSA in an effort to track alleged terrorists.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
Therealnews com

Oakdale, NY

#123973 Apr 4, 2013
A Reason interview with NSA whistleblower Russell Tice
http://tinyurl.com/2jtgsc / January 13, 2006

In December, New York Times reporters James Risen and Eric Lichtblau commandeered the news cycle with the revelation that President Bush had approved a program of warrantless wiretaps of domestic-to-international communications by the super-secretive National Security Agency. Days later, they disclosed that the NSA's electronic eavesdropping may have been far more extensive than initial reports suggested, involving the harvesting of enormous volumes of telecommunications data for analysis.
One of their sources was former NSA insider Russell Tice, who earlier this week told ABC News that the communications of millions of Americans might have been vacuumed up in one of a number of classified NSA programs. "If you picked the word 'jihad' out of a conversation," Tice explained, "the technology exists that you focus in on that conversation, and you pull it out of the system for processing."
http://www.reason.com/news/show/33016.html

-------

AT&T Whistleblower: Spy Bill Creates 'Infrastructure for a Police State'
Mark Klein, the retired AT&T engineer who stepped forward with the technical documents at the heart of the anti-wiretapping case against AT&T, is furious at the Senate's vote on Wednesday night to hold a vote on a bill intended to put an end to that lawsuit and more than 30 others.
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/06/att-...

Whistleblower Mark Klein
Mark Klein alleges that AT&T cooperated with the National Security Agency in 2003 to install equipment capable of eavesdropping on the public's e-mail messages and other Internet traffic. He worked for AT&T as a technician for over 22 years, first in New York and then in California, before leaving the company in 2004
http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/307/mark-klein.h...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123974 Apr 4, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Exactly your level. Keep showing it. lolol
LOL

Another all night romp eh Q-ball? You're brain needs sleep buddy. No wonder you're so.....limited all the time. ;)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123975 Apr 4, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another new survey shows that Republican supporters know more about politics and political history than Democrats.
On eight of 13 questions about politics, Republicans outscored Democrats by an average of 18 percentage points, according to a new Pew survey titled “Partisan Differences in Knowledge.”
The Pew survey adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/22/science-say...
LOL

More open minded? LMAO

Please provide a link to this "survey".

I imagine this will be debunked within a few weeks.

One thing's for sure, whatever republicans took that survey aren't ones posting here. lolol

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#123976 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
More open minded? LMAO
Please provide a link to this "survey".
I imagine this will be debunked within a few weeks.
One thing's for sure, whatever republicans took that survey aren't ones posting here. lolol
The Daily Caller seems to have put it's own unique spin on some very generalized information.

For example, they make the claim that "liberals" are more likely to disconnect from people that disagree with them because 28% of "liberals" have unfriended and/or blocked someone on a social networking site, while only 16% of "conservatives" have done that.

The claim that Republicans are more "knowledgable" about politics included some very subjective observations such as the fact that only 46% of democrats said the republican party was more interested in reducing the size of the federal governemnt than the democrat party.

76% of republicans agreed with that statement which (according to the Daily Caller) means that 30% of republicans know more about politics.

It's like that through the whole article. If you agree with the republican view of things you know more, if you don't you know less.

In other words, totally slanted propaganda.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#123977 Apr 4, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
What an SOB you are.
No one has to answer a damn thing just because YOU demand it.
Maybe but it was a valid question that deserves a answer.. If he had married the mother of his child would he still feel the same?? Only he can answer that question..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#123978 Apr 4, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I am being selfish. I've seen how the right will take an issue like gay marriage and use the people's deeply held beliefs and the anonymity of the voting booth to gain control of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government. If the court tells the feds that DOMA is unconstitutional then the republicans will gain control and amend the constitution and no state will issue a marriage license to same sex couples. The moral majority is good at getting their flock to the polls when they truly believe in the issue. They would prefer to cut federal benefits to everyone rather than to give anything to a homosexual.
Gun control, redistribution of wealth, Social medicine, taxpayer funded abortions and same sex marriage is going to send the liberal democrats away just as they get the economy under control and that good economy will not help them one little bit. Just ask Al Gore.
YUP thats basically it..

Good morning..

Eagle

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#123979 Apr 4, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am saying to you, that if the you're not willing to admit the basic truths then there is no where to go from here.
Honesty is imperative in the search for truth. Any true philosopher knows that.
I gave you an opportunity to come clean, be honest, admit the truth about yourself and those you support. You chose to do what your doing now, which is deflect and try to put it on me.
If you want to be honest, we can both move forward on a level that is rarely seen in this place.
I am asking you what you think these basic truths are? If you want me to make a decision upon what you think these basic truths are in your words then you have an opportunity and an obligation to explain what they are first.
Then we will move on and not until then.
In the meantime I will be waiting for your response and only then will we be able to move forward "on a level rarely seen in this place".

“ON THE PROWL”

Ocala, FL

#123980 Apr 4, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
all I asked was for a HYPOTHETICAL example. NO PERSONAL DETAILS.
SHEEEESH....
give me something I can check out for myself.
stocks? bonds? some piece of property one doesn't want the other's name on BEFORE death but says, "Oh, yeah, sweetie, it's YOURS after....".
a couple or partnership NOT taking steps prior to death is not the same as paying taxes just because they aren't 'married'.
you MIGHT be right... pardon the hell out of ME if I don't take your word for it.
I can't think of what 'property' a committed couple would keep separate having been married for over 40 years.
I guess it comes down to ones definition of 'trust' and 'commitment', eh?
btw, you two got a pre-nup? you don't have to answer but that may explain the situation....
Think about it higgens but tell me what federal benefits do married couples receive other than filing married filing jointly on their taxes?? This whole issue is born out of nothing but greed..

Eagle

Since: Jun 09

Schenectady, NY

#123981 Apr 4, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it higgens but tell me what federal benefits do married couples receive other than filing married filing jointly on their taxes?? This whole issue is born out of nothing but greed..
Eagle
Well said Eagle,, its a small group looking for economic gain. not equality. Why should we cater to a less than 2% group and let them rationalize it by calling it equality. The preseident has failed all of us at so many levels.. Weakening us to our enemies, bowing to kings, creating problems with our allies, letting Putin walk all over us, and letting the Afghans kill us off in or own bases while training them. He's been weak when he should have shown strength and strong when he shown have been meek. Look at N Korea. Why hasn't the president said anything but "we take the threats seriously and will monitor the situation" while Jung-Ill states "the hour of destruction is close".. Its time the president said, one more threat and you'll find out what nuclear bombs can do.. ask Japan about Hiroshima and Nagaski.. Two bombs.. threat over,,, war over.. would you Mr Jung-Ill like to be next?
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#123982 Apr 4, 2013
Top ten ways humanity is being murdered in the name of 'evidence-based science'(#1 GMOs)

Thursday, April 04, 2013
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com

(NaturalNews) Of all the threats to humanity today, none is more destructive than modern-day "evidence-based science." And by the word "science," I don't mean the humble pursuit of knowledge using genuine scientific methods. What I mean is the dogmatic, corporate-driven brand of distorted science based on falsified evidence, bribery of gatekeepers and corruption of government regulators.

That "science" is killing us all with hormone disruptors, hidden food chemicals, heavy metals, genetic engineering and neurological disruptors. The pushers of this corporate-driven "evidence-based science" claim to be aiding humanity, yet their actions prove they are only destroying the health of the population and the future viability of the life-sustaining ecosystem as well.

For every poison that threatens humanity today, there is a group of scientists lurking behind it, profiting from its consumption while spreading lies about its safety. The aim of this Natural News article series is to exposed the lies of corrupt "science" and reveal the truth about what "evidence-based science" is really promoting in our foods, medicines, industries and home environments.

What follows, then, is a ten-part article series, with each part outlining one "evidence-based science" threat to continued life on our planet. Each article is sourced and verifiable through even the most basic web searching. None of this is fiction.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039778_evidence-ba...
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#123983 Apr 4, 2013
Why Hasn’t The Media Been Reporting On Or Booking Pro-Gun Newtown Parent Mark Mattioli?
by Tommy Christopher | 6:43 pm, April 3rd, 2013

Some of the most compelling voices in the current debate over gun violence are those who have been touched by it, particularly the parents of the twenty children slain at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14. It’s strange, then, that one of those parents, Mark Mattioli, has simultaneously been white-washed and virtually blacked out of the media’s post-Newtown coverage. While endorsing the NRA’s plan to arm school personnel Tuesday, Mr. Mattioli urged people to put politics aside, but it appears as though his politics may be a factor in the media’s treatment of him.

At a press conference to roll out the NRA’s 225-page report on school safety, Mark Mattioli praised the plan, and said “I think politics needs to sort of be set aside here, and I hope this doesn’t you know, lead to name-calling. But rather, this is recommendations for solutions. Real solutions that will make our kids safer.”

Read more: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/why-hasnt-the-medi...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#123984 Apr 4, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>This being said by a man, to a woman that he has been equally foul and hateful too.
Your no victim posi so stop trying to look like one.
Of course I am not a victim nor do I ever intend to become one. Sometimes the victor has to take steps to prevent being the victim and that is what I did.
Fighting fire with a back fire is often effective. She is a disrupter and a hateful one at that regardless of the other things she may be.
1 post removed

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

United States

#123986 Apr 4, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
No your not winning.
Our government has turned into China, Russia, etc. etc. et cetera.
All Americans are continuing to lose rights.
==========
VERIZON & AT&T SPY ON ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS
Telecom Whistleblower Discovers Circuit that Allows Access to All Systems on Wireless Carrier—Phone Calls, Text Messages, Emails and More / April 10, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/4u8nla
Babak Pasdar is a computer security expert who was hired in 2003 to help restructure the tech infrastructure at a major wireless telecommunications company. What he found shocked him. The company had set up a system that gave a third party, presumably a governmental entity, access to every communication coming through that company’s infrastructure. This means every email, internet use, document transmission, video, text message, as well as the ability to listen to and record any phone call.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/4/10/telecom...
-------
Spy Agency Sought U.S. Call Records Before 9/11, Lawyers Say
http://tinyurl.com/egle8 June 30 2006
(Bloomberg)-- The U.S. National Security Agency asked AT&T Inc. to help it set up a domestic call monitoring site seven months before the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, lawyers claimed June 23 in court papers filed in New York federal court.
The allegation is part of a court filing adding AT&T, the nation's largest telephone company, as a defendant in a breach of privacy case filed earlier this month on behalf of Verizon Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. customers. The suit alleges that the three carriers, the NSA and President George W. Bush violated the Telecommunications Act of 1934 and the U.S. Constitution, and seeks money damages.
``The Bush Administration asserted this became necessary after 9/11,'' plaintiff's lawyer Carl Mayer said in a telephone interview.``This undermines that assertion.''
The lawsuit is related to an alleged NSA program to record and store data on calls placed by subscribers. More than 30 suits have been filed over claims that the carriers, the three biggest U.S. telephone companies, violated the privacy rights of their customers by cooperating with the NSA in an effort to track alleged terrorists.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
OK I'll bite. What do YOU suggest?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 2 min Fart news 708
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min loose cannon 194,727
News Craig James Sues Fox Sports Alleging Network Fi... 5 min NorCal Native 18
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Agents of Corruption 1,264,629
News Manhunt in Memphis continues after officer, 33,... 8 min Go Blue Forever 47
News 5 things about Congress' fight over Planned Par... 11 min American Lady 54
News Louis Farrakhan: If the Federal Gov't Does Not ... 14 min Oh No You Di-nt 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min voter 190,457
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 48 min DanFromSmithville 172,025
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 1 hr Prep-for-Dep 126
More from around the web