The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395287 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#123915 Apr 3, 2013
What He Said wrote:
<quoted text>The Violent Disorder of Our Public Mind
Freud knew as much when he asked at the conclusion of Civilization and its Discontents:
… would not the diagnosis be justified that many systems of civilization - or epochs of it - possibly even the whole of humanity - have become "neurotic" under the pressure of civilizing trends?
Nevertheless, it is true that in our time the term "insanity" tends to refer to a private malady. We lack an appropriate term for disorders of the public mind for the fundamental reason that we lack any notion of the "public mind" itself. And the reason for this disappearance is not that the phenomenon itself has ceased to exist but that public consciousness has become so fragmented and atomic that this collective form of consciousness tends to lack self-awareness. But this dissolution is itself the very form of public consciousness that is so important for us to grasp.
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/15304-the-v...
I'm still reading this article. It's fascinating, especially the part about capitalism and democracy being contradictory ideas.

Thanks for sharing this.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123916 Apr 3, 2013
LMAO wrote:
Where's Rico and or the scarecrow NTR?
They leave poor little Jack, X-Man and Rosie out to dry?
LMAO you three sure don't seem to mind being humiliated by those you speak so lowly of.
LMAO
Yet, it is you that is hiding who you are to post this like a coward.

One hardly needs to speak lowly of you to show what you really are.

Fremont, CA

#123917 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I'm a bit shocked to be honest.
I do think Dp is an intelligent guy and although I don't think he has made a good enough argument to prove his point, it's interesting that the right had to have someone from the left just to make an intelligent argument. LOL
LOL! Funny, X.

Truth is I don't believe the majority of these right-wing posters read all of DP's posts let alone understand them.

They simply think they've found someone who will join forces with them against the liberals on this issue. That's all they ever care about really--not quality, but quantity. They'll use just about anyone to that end. I've seen it happen time and time again.

They're much like little children vying for the biggest team, no matter how incompetent it is. LOL!
1 post removed

Fremont, CA

#123919 Apr 3, 2013
LMAO wrote:
LMAO you three sure don't seem to mind being humiliated by those you speak so lowly of.
LMAO
Who's humiliated?

I would think a coward like you would feel humiliated if you had any human feelings or integrity at all, but cowards have no conscience I guess.

No one has been hung out to dry. Crawl back under your rock, troll.

“Take a deep breath”

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#123920 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It is you who is being selfish. I speak up for homosexuals for the same reason that I would speak up for the rights of your child and your wife.
I've seen Jaxxon do the same. The reality here is that you don't value his rights as a citizen to challenge the status quo, because he is homosexual and you don't agree with his lifestyle.
Now, who is being, selfish?
I am being selfish. I've seen how the right will take an issue like gay marriage and use the people's deeply held beliefs and the anonymity of the voting booth to gain control of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government. If the court tells the feds that DOMA is unconstitutional then the republicans will gain control and amend the constitution and no state will issue a marriage license to same sex couples. The moral majority is good at getting their flock to the polls when they truly believe in the issue. They would prefer to cut federal benefits to everyone rather than to give anything to a homosexual.

Gun control, redistribution of wealth, Social medicine, taxpayer funded abortions and same sex marriage is going to send the liberal democrats away just as they get the economy under control and that good economy will not help them one little bit. Just ask Al Gore.

Fremont, CA

#123921 Apr 3, 2013
GeeShayla wrote:
<quoted text>
"Luv Ya Man"
So Bonnie is a man....ROFLMAO Thanks for that info
que ball....LMAO
Hi Shayla!!!

So good to see you here.
H o r n e t P i n a t a

Canyon Country, CA

#123922 Apr 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
SEE above post!:)
and below!
;~)
FROM Page 5219 Post #123176
<quoted text>
;~)
No ad-libs please. When ALL of you post links and the headline, no ad-libs.
What? I don't make the rules! I know, but it makes for honest reporting......you know, just the facts. I apologize for insinuating that you lied. Should have chosen my words better. Maybe exaggerate would have been a better choice.
Pre-judgement no matter who the accused may be is bad. Even if I don't like the AB, or I do. We should wait til all the facts are in. It may turn out totally something different.

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#123923 Apr 3, 2013
LMAO wrote:
LMAO
Where they at?......

SORRY FOR PARTY ROCKIN'

http://youtu.be/eGCDQimdcMc

L M F A O @ U

Fremont, CA

#123924 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you posted this to Jack, but I just wanted to point out, just look at that poster Reality.
When I started asking her some hard questions her she had no answer.
Why? Because, everything she posts here is regurgitated rhetoric that she absorbs on some right wing media site.
Her entire ideology comes from the mouths of buffoons and when I asked her a question that had not been covered by taught rhetoric she had no answer.
Then, you saw what happened. Both Jaxx and I asked questions to which she just deflected and ran away.
Hmmmmm, well I'm afraid I didn't follow every post of that discussion, X.

But when I see the name "Reality" I tend to skip those posts. When she/he accused me of having "Grandeurs of Illusions," I knew I just couldn't stand any more stupidity. I have a low threshold for ignorance.

But I did notice the "regurgitated rhetoric" when I was wasting my time posting to that person.

Location hidden

#123925 Apr 3, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Funny, X.
Truth is I don't believe the majority of these right-wing posters read all of DP's posts let alone understand them.
They simply think they've found someone who will join forces with them against the liberals on this issue. That's all they ever care about really--not quality, but quantity. They'll use just about anyone to that end. I've seen it happen time and time again.
They're much like little children vying for the biggest team, no matter how incompetent it is. LOL!
Very true. There is a definite sense of desperation in every single on of these people's posts. It's obvious that they realize that their ideology is in danger. Intelligent and informed people just do not fall for the same fear tactics of the past which is how much the right was able to control and acquire much of their support.
Those times are over. Sometimes I feel like their resistance to change is more about pure selfishness and stubbornness and less about what they believe in. When I look at the tactics that they resort to, it makes you wonder about why anyone believes anything they say.

Location hidden

#123926 Apr 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I am being selfish. I've seen how the right will take an issue like gay marriage and use the people's deeply held beliefs and the anonymity of the voting booth to gain control of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government. If the court tells the feds that DOMA is unconstitutional then the republicans will gain control and amend the constitution and no state will issue a marriage license to same sex couples. The moral majority is good at getting their flock to the polls when they truly believe in the issue. They would prefer to cut federal benefits to everyone rather than to give anything to a homosexual.
Gun control, redistribution of wealth, Social medicine, taxpayer funded abortions and same sex marriage is going to send the liberal democrats away just as they get the economy under control and that good economy will not help them one little bit. Just ask Al Gore.
C'mon Dp. Seriously? You're hurting my feelings here if you think I'm going to believe this.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#123927 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't play video games or read comic books, don't you hate it when your assumptions don't match up to "reality". That happens to you right wingers a lot doesn't it?
OK then, your mother is a school teacher and your other mother is a bouncer at a gay bar.

“The Beast Within”

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#123928 Apr 3, 2013
American Werewolves wrote:
<quoted text>
Where they at?......
SORRY FOR PARTY ROCKIN'
http://youtu.be/eGCDQimdcMc
L M F A O @ U
HOWLLLLLL! would you believe the Vid broke! No? Too much Party Hardy!
http://youtu.be/SkTt9k4Y-a8
Coal Hearted

Anaheim, CA

#123929 Apr 3, 2013
Local retired miners, supporters rally in Charleston against Patriot

Dressed as one in camouflage, they went to add their voices to the thousands who converged downtown in the capital to protest Patriot Coal’s desire to shed $1.6 billion in pension and health care benefits through Chapter 11 bankruptcy, leaving miners and their families without.

http://www.fayettetribune.com/local/x13408057...

Location hidden

#123930 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm, well I'm afraid I didn't follow every post of that discussion, X.
But when I see the name "Reality" I tend to skip those posts. When she/he accused me of having "Grandeurs of Illusions," I knew I just couldn't stand any more stupidity. I have a low threshold for ignorance.
But I did notice the "regurgitated rhetoric" when I was wasting my time posting to that person.
You didn't miss much. Just the typical deflection when I started asking questions that challenged what she was posting.

I'm tempted to post every answer and ever question she deflected just to really put her on the spot but I'm too lazy to do so. lol

Fremont, CA

#123931 Apr 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't miss much. Just the typical deflection when I started asking questions that challenged what she was posting.
I'm tempted to post every answer and ever question she deflected just to really put her on the spot but I'm too lazy to do so. lol
LOL! Is "Reality" a she?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123932 Apr 3, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I take BACK ...
the atta boy ...
I gave you earlier!

Whether you care or NOT!

;~)

Underneath you are STILL a libTARD!
Talking what you 'think' is a good talk

:)

Location hidden

#123933 Apr 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
OK then, your mother is a school teacher and your other mother is a bouncer at a gay bar.
Not much of an imagination eh?

Location hidden

#123934 Apr 3, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Is "Reality" a she?
I think so. ;)

Location hidden

#123935 Apr 3, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I take BACK ...
the atta boy ...
I gave you earlier!
Whether you care or NOT!
;~)
Underneath you are STILL a libTARD!
Talking what you 'think' is a good talk
:)
Pfft.

That guy has more intelligence in his pinky than you have in all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Responsibility 10,156
News As Clinton focuses on debate, Trump says he'd c... 6 min Responsibility 61
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,431,691
News We don't need a national Latino museum 8 min DR X 20
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min Frankie Rizzo 18,188
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min District 1 225,502
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 14 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11,247
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min Jay 243,445
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 1 hr Ronald 536
More from around the web