The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123208 Apr 2, 2013
Its = It

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#123209 Apr 2, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right! Marriage is decided by the state and the state you live in does not allow gay marriage. You and your husband had to go to a state that was more than happy to take your money selling you a document that is worth nothing in your home state. Well, it's not worth nothing. You get to show it to your gay friends and then they nag their gay lover to make them go somewhere and buy a marriage and come back to show their gay friends and so on and so on. A state cannot dictate federal benefits. DOMA ensures that one state doesn't force gay marriage upon another and that it doesn't allocate federal funds to pay for fake gay marriages.
I believe that you will find DOMA out the door when the dust clears. I also believe that the States will continue to allow or disallow same sex marriage with one exception. They will have to recognize marriages done in different states.
Time will tell.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#123210 Apr 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, your thinking is incorrect, IMAO. She also has a real problem with me because I too refuse to take her verbal abuse and let her push me around any longer. She has done so for years and that IMO is precisely her purpose here, nothing more, even though she also has the right to be as well. Like all extremists, she would shoot me in order to encroach on my liberties and freedoms.
Shoot you?

Seriously Posit, you make no sense sometimes. <shakes head>
Sunny

Longview, WA

#123211 Apr 2, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm almost out of here too .. Leaving about 11 tomorrow night I guess. I've been tying flys today. Helps me to cope with the not fishing blues I think.LOL
Wife worked tying fish rods for G. Loomis...they real feel nice what kind of rods you use?LOL

“Peace”

Location hidden

#123212 Apr 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, your thinking is incorrect, IMAO. She also has a real problem with me because I too refuse to take her verbal abuse and let her push me around any longer. She has done so for years and that IMO is precisely her purpose here, nothing more, even though she also has the right to be as well. Like all extremists, she would shoot me in order to encroach on my liberties and freedoms.
Liberals are the ones that aren't for guns or gun violence. They may hit you in the head with a frying pan but no guns.
:)
If anyone would shoot you to encroach on your liberties and freedoms it would be right wing extremists. They love their guns. It makes them soooo macho.
I always told my kids when they would fight that it takes two to tangle. So who's the bigger person to stop the fight. Could it be you?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#123213 Apr 2, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, Posi, here's a small glimmer of Hope (and dread to some:)):
history teaches us that AFTER years of Progressive FG, the Conservatives (Reps THEN) took back the House in 1947.
they took steps to END the GD AND, more noteworthy (IMO), that Congress ADDED the words 'under God' to the Pledge!
those 'conservatives' DE-segregated the Military, too.
they laid the ground work for DE-segregating Society (DDE, a 'conservative' Rep tried to get a Civil Rights Bill passed but was blocked by the 'liberal' Dems in the 50s!).
wasn't Brown vs the Board of Ed during these same years of 'conservative' leadership?
'conservatives' have a HIGHER sense of MORALITY.
MORALITY is another way of saying 'right and wrong'.
it is also a double-edged sword.(for the dimbulbs out there, that means it cuts BOTH ways: good and bad)
putting God into the Pledge was a backlash AND re-affirmation of morals after FDR/Progressives.
what will it be AFTER this Progressive outbreak?
what indeed...
That is precisely when schools began to be racially integrated in the name of equality. A purely conservative experiment, I believe, and also a milestone in civil rights.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#123214 Apr 2, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Brian pan has been same size in humans for 50 thousand years there were no educational system's back then to make them smart,wounder how they made it.X likes to think he is smarter than you just like a teen.You can't deal with them they just have to learn the hard way.
LOL. I noticed that he thinks that..Writing, spelling and grammar are not my strengths. But the things that are....Well..I could school him good. LOL..
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#123217 Apr 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>X is a smart man. As well as being sensitive to others that people look down on in our society. In other words he's a good, moral person which is something that can't be taken from him.
Thank you WA. My dad used to say I needed to be meaner than a junk yard dog but smarter than the average bear.

Bonnie and some of the others here immediately assign stupidity to those they don't agree with. It's almost like a defense mechanism of some sort. Anyway, once someone goes there with me, they'll hear about my "intelligence" until they can't stand it anymore. lol

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#123218 Apr 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I did. Perhaps you should do the same thing. Here allow me to help you.
"David Stockman, who served as Ronald Reagan’s budget director from 1981 to 1985, leveled some harsh criticism at his former boss as well as at President George W. Bush in an op-ed he penned about the state of the economy for The New York Times titled “Sundown in America.”
“The destruction of fiscal rectitude under Ronald Reagan—one reason I resigned as his budget chief in 1985—was the greatest of his many dramatic acts,” Stockman writes.“It created a template for the Republicans’ utter abandonment of the balanced-budget policies of Calvin Coolidge and allowed George W. Bush to dive into the deep end, bankrupting the nation through two misbegotten and unfinanced wars, a giant expansion of Medicare and a tax-cutting spree for the wealthy that turned K Street lobbyists into the de facto office of national tax policy. In effect, the G.O.P. embraced Keynesianism—for the wealthy.”"
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/b...
As long as you and others on here want to blame Obama for everything wrong with our economy you will remain wrong. This didn't happen over night nor did it take a few years. This process of bankrupting America has been an on going process. It has taken both parties to get to where we are at.
Heard about this and the local station covered it, which tells me you left out quite a bit- Stockman slammed every politician and both parties pretty well, from Nixon's unbinding the Dollar to the gold standard to Clinton's nafta fiasco. Tell the whole story. He didn't spare the current POTUS, either.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#123219 Apr 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Dp, a commitment of love is a commitment of love, that is what marriage is. Everything else is just semantics.
I think you're just getting desperate now and I really don't have the patience to argue against what you've just posted.
I told you and others that I do not believe that homosexuals qualify as husband and wife. I am against same sex marriage. I would be for it if they called it something other than marriage.

Gays should not feel bad about my beliefs. I'm just old fashioned. I look at divorced people as being losers and I don't consider divorced people who remarry as being married either. I believe that society should issue one marriage license per lifetime and if the couple divorce then they would not qualify to remarry legally even if one of the two dies after the divorce. I suppose a widower or widow should be able to remarry but only because they stuck it out and lived up to their vow of "until death do us part".

I suppose if society is going to redefine marriage then we all should have a say in what it looks like instead of just gays getting to pick and choose. Maybe we should issue licenses for civil unions to everyone and then add one letter each year. The first year they would get a M then the next year they would get a A and then an R and so on until the eighth year is up and then the state can send a Marriage Certificate that everyone must recognize. You know, make it a challenge for everyone to get recognized by the state and federal governments.

Bonnie

Boise, ID

#123220 Apr 2, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Wife worked tying fish rods for G. Loomis...they real feel nice what kind of rods you use?LOL
G Loomis Mostly.. I have some Luma Glass and Fenwick.If a fisherman can't afford a Loomis. He should never pick one up.
He will never be happy with his old rods again. You can feel a fish breath on your bait.If you break a lumas( Even if it's your fault.Car door etc.) They will send a new one to your door for fifty bucks.
1 post removed

“Peace”

Location hidden

#123222 Apr 2, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I never called you "Unnatural" Secondly, you are a troublemaker. Also, your sexual preference is abnormal for a male of the human species.
I have not come out against gay rights. I simply believe that marriage is not a gay right.
Everyone, singles and married couples are able to obtain a legal will and testimony leaving their property to anyone that they want to. Anyone can elect their beneficiaries for life insurance, pensions and other financial accounts without a marriage license.
States have offered legal civil unions and the gay community that grant the same rights as marriage but the gay community has said no to that. Those trouble making SOB's want to trample on the heterosexual community and those things that are near and dear the them. Not because they NEED it but because they WANT it.
To begin with DP you should know what civil union means and what advantages it hasn't got.

"What is a civil union?

A civil union is a legal status granted by a state. The State of Vermont created civil unions in 2000. It provides legal protection to couples at the state law level, but omits federal protections, as well as the dignity, clarity, security and power of the word "marriage".

Civil unions are different from civil marriage and that difference has wide-ranging implications that make the two institutions unequal, such as:"

Continued:
http://www.now.org/issues/marriage/marriage_u...

Civil Marriage and civil union isn't the same at all.

Again wills, death insurance, etc all come with heavy tax burdens not subjected to those that are married.
So you feel that homosexuals are trampling on heterosexual communities by wanting to marry. I guess the blacks were trampling on whites when they wanted to be free as well. But it isn't right in this Country for some to have certain previleges while others can't.
Where is your outrage coming from? Just asking that's how I learn things to understand them.

Location hidden

#123223 Apr 2, 2013
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. I noticed that he thinks that..Writing, spelling and grammar are not my strengths. But the things that are....Well..I could school him good. LOL..
"I noticed that he thinks that..Writing, spelling and grammar are not my strengths."

Neither is, critical thinking, wisdom, compassion, understanding, empirical theory, predictable variation, basic logic, and being polite. ;)

“Peace”

Location hidden

#123224 Apr 2, 2013
huntcoyotes wrote:
<quoted text>Heard about this and the local station covered it, which tells me you left out quite a bit- Stockman slammed every politician and both parties pretty well, from Nixon's unbinding the Dollar to the gold standard to Clinton's nafta fiasco. Tell the whole story. He didn't spare the current POTUS, either.
Which has been my point all along. Thanks for pointing it out again. This situation that everyone wants to just blame on Obama was in existence before he became President. It has taken years with both parties involvement to get to where we are. That's just the facts.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123225 Apr 2, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That is precisely when schools began to be racially integrated in the name of equality. A purely conservative experiment, I believe, and also a milestone in civil rights.
Did you hear bout the big bust on Educational leaders in Atlanta?

Ex-APS educators continue to surrender at jail

APS Cheating Scandal Headlines
The APS Cheating Scandal: How it all began
2 indicted ex-APS teachers to surrender Monday
Ex-APS Superintendent Beverly Hall, others indicted
Accused in APS cheating scandal have 3 days to turn themselves in to jail
Suspects sought for comment in APS cheating case

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/two-ex-a...

Sad!...
BUT ... "good" they got CAUGHT!

WHY such a "breakdown of socity?"

Taking God out of IT!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123226 Apr 2, 2013
socity
society!

My pc is acting up!
Has been since I "DELETED" google!
Yesterday ... because of chavez being TOP dog on Easter Sunday!

Instead of ANYTHING about Easter!

outdoors

#123227 Apr 2, 2013
This the same thing that caused me to delete google: http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2013/...

Kinda disgusting for a POTUS to do.
1 post removed
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123229 Apr 2, 2013
The proxies/Dobies have started on me on the GM forum NOW!

Stalkers!

;0)
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#123230 Apr 2, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't get much satisfaction knowing I'm smarter than her. That's the truth.
Maybe my "brian" pad is just wicked strong so that it can hold my super sized "brian"!
Maybe...Bonnie's "brian" is the size of a birds....or something. ;)
On the other hand...Maybe it's as big as your ego.
Either way. You keep saying how smart you are..I gotta say. I'm just not seeing it Fido.

outdoors

#123231 Apr 2, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Which has been my point all along. Thanks for pointing it out again. This situation that everyone wants to just blame on Obama was in existence before he became President. It has taken years with both parties involvement to get to where we are. That's just the facts.
The point is that he was elected to address the issues, not spend more money than all previous administrations combined while he and family take multimillion doolar vacations and spitting in the face of Christians while doing it. Meanwhile, muslims are getting tours of the WH but taxpayers are not. Meanwhile, he's STILL trying to broker a deal to give tanks and F-16 fighters to the muslim brotherhoood. All this is okay because he's popular and cool. Wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 5 min Foster 56
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Blitzking 131,831
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's iron grip on p... 9 min Cassandra_ 29
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Abe 165,163
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 24 min Thinking 2,217
Southern Californiaa s Cuban Americans give mix... 37 min WelbyMD 1
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 40 min Foster 31
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,153,060
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 2 hr woodtick57 244
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 2 hr R12 Freon 583