The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336176 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

#102105 Feb 11, 2013
Many African-Americans concerned about Obama’s focus on immigrant rights

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2013

By William Douglas and Franco Ordonez | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — No sooner did President Barack Obama and a group of senators separately outline proposals to revamp the nation’s immigration system than the phone lines on several African-American-oriented talk radio shows heated up with callers blasting the plans.

“Amnesty,” complained Frankie from Maryland recently on the nationally syndicated “Keeping it Real with Al Sharpton.”

A political payback to Hispanic voters that does little or nothing for African-Americans, reasoned Sam from Milwaukee on Wisconsin’s 1290 WMCS AM’s “Earl Ingram Show.”

“Our issues are not being highlighted and pushed, and things like gay marriage and (immigration) are being pushed to the forefront,” the caller said.“Hispanics are effectively organized. For us not to be organized and for us not to hold our leadership accountable is disheartening.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/02/11/182697/...
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102106 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Conservatives" didn't like slavery. Slave owners were obligated to ensure their slaves had food, clothing and shelter. That costs too much. It's much more profitable to free slaves and hire them where the employer had no obligation to feed, clothe and house an employee. This way the freed slaves would join the workforce in the company towns building the farming machinery that replaced the slaves. Of course the work was still hard and the pay didn't cover the costs of living but the freed slaves couldn't quit cause they owed their souls tot he company stores owned by the very people who freed them from slavery.
My husband is a fruit loop. But I still love him.
2 posts removed

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#102109 Feb 11, 2013
Immigrunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully that has changed. We no longer allow "indentured servants" either.
Thanks to democrats and unions. Definitely no thanks to "Conservatives" aka Republicans.
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102110 Feb 11, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to democrats and unions. Definitely no thanks to "Conservatives" aka Republicans.
If my husband doesn't come home will you be my girlfriend?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102111 Feb 11, 2013
TODAY IS:
President Abraham Lincoln's Birthday!

NAME: Abraham Lincoln
OCCUPATION: Civil Rights Activist, Lawyer, U.S. President, U.S. Representative
BIRTH DATE: February 12, 1809
DEATH DATE: April 15, 1865
PLACE OF BIRTH: Hodgenville, Kentucky

http://www.biography.com/people/abraham-linco...
Paul McIntosh

Denver, CO

#102112 Feb 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
TODAY IS:
Today is also my wedding anniversary but I fear my husband ran away with our scarecrow.
:(
1 post removed

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#102114 Feb 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
TODAY IS:
Well, thanks for the history lesson! Here's some news for you! Helen Mirren is at it again! This time, the 67 year old actress has died her hair PINK!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/slideshow...

Not wanting to bring this up again, but knowing of your concerns, I just wanted to let you know that that good for nuthin' rotten little 66 year old Sally Field appeared on David Letterman the other night to promote her role as Mary Todd Lincoln - wearing....(drumroll).....legg ings and a shorter fitted top! OMG! What was that old woman thinking?

Good night!

Well, just passing through and wanted to make your evening.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#102115 Feb 11, 2013
Rico the Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to prove my point. Do ya ever post about the topic? It must b e you seeking attention old evil woman. I could care less. You are the one on here all the time posting your evil slurs. if it didn't bother ya, ya wouldn't keep responding.
LOL! YOU'RE the one who instigated and started posting to me. If you don't expect a reply, then stop posting to me.

I am by no means an "old evil woman," but you apparently are a very immature, small-minded little person with a grudge, or you just enjoy hassling me for no reason.

Is it your goal to bother me? Wow, you really have no life do you? No, you don't bother me. I find you idiots amusing and I enjoy watching you make complete fools of yourselves with your own stupidity.

Oh by the way, YOU are off topic and have been since you started harassing me. Buzz off, troll.

Fremont, CA

#102116 Feb 11, 2013
Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming innocence? LOL
BTW, the definition of "lame insult" would be calling someone who can obviously read and write "illiterate."
LOL! And yet another one instigating for no reason.

No, not "claiming innocence." I stated a fact in response to the other troll. I'm not the one instigating. You fools are.

If you call that poster's sub-standard English literacy, then your as ignorant as he/she is.

Did you have a point in posting to me? Doesn't appear that you did. Troll along.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#102117 Feb 11, 2013
Whoop-de-do ...

I don't watch letterman ...
I'm more concerned about MY Country!

"you" should BE to.

Fremont, CA

#102118 Feb 11, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rose dawg has a very checkered past. But she be all bad an Sh*t.. Yo Dawg>> LMAO@ her.
"a very checkered past"??? LMAO!

At least I've had a life, unlike you, you wussy little coward whose only source of feeling important and powerful is posting stupid insults on Topix.

That makes three of you imbeciles now. And still counting. LOL!

Fremont, CA

#102119 Feb 11, 2013
Quirky The Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
You Can Relate to this can`t you Rose! Sure you can!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I don't open links from stupid people like you. LOL!

Fremont, CA

#102120 Feb 11, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Here's a discussion starter...maybe:
http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-admin-...
Just a tad propagandist and inflammatory, don't you think? Calling for Obama's impeachment? A great deal of speculation in this piece with no solid facts or substantiation of what appears to be nothing but biased opinion against the President.

Fremont, CA

#102121 Feb 11, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
What founding father said that the USA was a Christian Nation?
Answer: NONE
The Christian Nation Myth
Whenever the Supreme Court makes a decision that in any way restricts the intrusion of religion into the affairs of government, a flood of editorials, articles, and letters protesting the ruling is sure to appear in the newspapers. Many protesters decry these decisions on the grounds that they conflict with the wishes and intents of the "founding fathers."
Such a view of American history is completely contrary to known facts. The primary leaders of the so-called founding fathers of our nation were not Bible-believing Christians; they were deists. Deism was a philosophical belief that was widely accepted by the colonial intelligentsia at the time of the American Revolution. Its major tenets included belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems and belief in a supreme deity who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws. The supreme God of the Deists removed himself entirely from the universe after creating it. They believed that he assumed no control over it, exerted no influence on natural phenomena, and gave no supernatural revelation to man. A necessary consequence of these beliefs was a rejection of many doctrines central to the Christian religion. Deists did not believe in the virgin birth, divinity, or resurrection of Jesus, the efficacy of prayer, the miracles of the Bible, or even the divine inspiration of the Bible.
These beliefs were forcefully articulated by Thomas Paine in Age of Reason, a book that so outraged his contemporaries that he died rejected and despised by the nation that had once revered him as "the father of the American Revolution." To this day, many mistakenly consider him an atheist, even though he was an out spoken defender of the Deistic view of God. Other important founding fathers who espoused Deism were George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, James Madison, and James Monroe.
Fundamentalist Christians are currently working overtime to convince the American public that the founding fathers intended to establish this country on "biblical principles," but history simply does not support their view. The men mentioned above and others who were instrumental in the founding of our nation were in no sense Bible-believing Christians. Thomas Jefferson, in fact, was fiercely anti-cleric. In a letter to Horatio Spafford in 1814, Jefferson said..........
read more @ http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/farrel...
Yup, I thought everyone knew that by now, but the far-right Christian radicals insist on distorting the truth of history to push their own agenda.

Fremont, CA

#102122 Feb 11, 2013
Pilgrim Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, you really are kind of banned from the Pub since the new management (purveyors of truth).
Carry on, here, the new home of R and C (i guess from the mods).
And another one! Wow, you moronic trolls must be having a convention.

LOL! I'm not banned from any thread. And Slim is no "purveyor of truth." He's one of the biggest frauds and game players on Topix.

"the new home of R and C?" Oh, so you're an old troll.

Fremont, CA

#102123 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Just Spam, go back to your dungeon.
LOL!

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#102124 Feb 11, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Slim, will bow down to unprecedented lows to scratch out a existence on any thread.

SCRATCH MY BACK

http://youtu.be/ezJY_qqz_x8

SLIM harpo
gange videos
ima

El Paso, TX

#102125 Feb 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The only one stirring up racism is you becuase you cannot accept the fact that there is a Black man in the White House.
They should call the White House the Black House now.
NOW, NOW show some respect to your messiah!
a paltry sum

United States

#102126 Feb 11, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a tad propagandist and inflammatory, don't you think? Calling for Obama's impeachment? A great deal of speculation in this piece with no solid facts or substantiation of what appears to be nothing but biased opinion against the President.
There is a great deal of speculation as to why my impeached buttocks are a tad inflammatory.
Ralff

Rowland Heights, CA

#102127 Feb 11, 2013
Paul McIntosh wrote:
Has anyone seen my husband? He went out to feed the chickens this morning and never came back in. I looked everywhere and he's not here.
Two sheep and the scarecrow are missing too!
Golly I hope they're all OK.
If you have some time, do you want to cyber?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,261,876
News Billionaire brothers give Cruz super PAC $15M 4 min Gruden Face 52
News Ford surprises in 2Q with record North American... 4 min Sterkfontein Swar... 3
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 5 min kuda 2,827
News Trump heads to border amid 3rd party threat 5 min Synque 154
News The Emerging Liberal Oligarchy (Feb '09) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 72
Time to go? 8 min MarkJ- 2,256
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min IND 189,733
More from around the web