The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story
Tammy Bruce RULES

Walled Lake, MI

#100017 Feb 5, 2013
BE AWARE! TOPIX IS CENSORING OUR POST FOR NO REASON.
1 post removed
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#100019 Feb 5, 2013
Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
That right wing extremist and antiquated argument has been debunked time and again by the Supreme Court. Due process clauses supersede, otherwise you wouldn't have deportation hearings.
There isn't anything antiquated about the Constitution, the 14th amendment reads and means the same as did when ratified in 1868.
Aliens have never been "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", you and the USSC can't prove me wrong.
3 posts removed

“Je Suis Charlie”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100023 Feb 5, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the original claim made by a far right wing conspiracy theorist was that the majority of recent mass shooters have been registered democrats.
They were not.
Second, that claim has morphed from a claim that the shooters were democrats into the claim we saw in the post I replied to that these shooters were "liberals" as it has been spread throughout the far right blogosphere.
They were not.
Third, there is a difference between the far right and the "right".
Fourth, if you had actually read the article, you would have seen that the ideology of mass shooters is predominantly far right and the article did make a distinction between party affiliation and ideology.
Fifth, you're an idiot.
Here's another example of anti-government insanity from the far right:

Jimmy Lee Dykes - murderer and kidnapper:

According to FOX News, Dykes is described as a loner. The 65 year old is a decorated Vietnam veteran, who was on active duty in the US Navy from 1965 to 1969. His records indicate that he was awarded the Vietnam Service Medal and the Good Conduct Medal. He was trained in aviation maintenance. He is described as an angry old man, who rails against the government, starting with President Obama down and listens to a lot of conservative talk radio. After leaving the navy Dykes resided in Florida, where he worked as a surveyor and long haul truck driver.

He had some scrapes with the law, which included improper display of a firearm in 1995, a charge that was dismissed. In 2000 he was arrested for marijuana possession.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/342781#ixzz...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100024 Feb 5, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many Rico's. Watch out, one might be right behind you!!!
Sleep with one eye open

;0)
1 post removed
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#100026 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
A majority of Gitmo prisoners were innocent. I have to question why you think it's OK to kill innocent people? Would you like it of somebody came into your home and killed your family for no reason?
Not one person taken from the battlefield as an illegal combatant was innocent, they were guilty until proven innocent.
Shit happens during war!
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

#100027 Feb 5, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really,
Mmost mass shooters are libtards.... which only goes to prove what whackjobs you folks are.
Tell us dim bulb, how a picture of a gun on a laptop is a bad thing, but movies showing ultra-violence is good thing...
This aughta be good for a few laughs.
The idea that most mass murders are liberals is based on the assertions of Roger Hedgecock, a right-wing radio show host. In fact, most mass murders express an ideology (racism, misogyny, entitlement, psychosis, etc) typically associated with the right-wing. All of these individuals expressed such a right-wing outlook: Nidal Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter), Seung-Hui Cho, James Holmes, Adama Lanza, Klebold and Harris, Tim McVeigh, Mexican-hating James Oliver Huberty, White supremacist Buford O. Furrow, Jim David Atkinsson, who hated Democrats, liberals, African Americans and homosexuals, white supremacist Keith Luke, etc., etc, and etc.

Your reliance on an entertainer's gross misinformation is the cause of your Republicanism. It can be cured with an education.
1 post removed

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#100029 Feb 5, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
ahem... does that INCLUDE protecting one from hunger, the elements, ignorance and disease/injury?
I agree with SCOTUS, btw.
thanks for pointing out just HOW illegal some Fed Govt programs ARE.
Out of curiosity, what programs do you feel are illegal?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100030 Feb 5, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>No Rico No, it's a Bushphone.
Yea you're right but I was dealing with a person who would not get it had I said Bushphone.
2 posts removed

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100033 Feb 5, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Not one person taken from the battlefield as an illegal combatant was innocent, they were guilty until proven innocent.
Shit happens during war!
Innocent till proven guilty is no where to be found in the US Constitution. It's simply derived from English jurisprudence therefore I have to agree with you here.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100034 Feb 5, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yeap Norway my fathers birth Country, land of my forefathers. They know what they're doing. Norwegians are like that.
lol
That's cool!! You must be good looking then because Norwegian women are always hott!!

I bring up what Norway does as a rebuke to the malicious lies that right wingers & corporatist tends to bring up such as if we tax the rich more the rich will leave.

They're not going anywhere, the USA is most fking awesomest place to be if your poor or rich.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100035 Feb 5, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
another GOOD point.
and, still many believe we still a TWO Party system...
maybe we will again... in the FUTURE.
hurry, hurry, hurry...
Yea... I see it that way most of the time. Both parties put on this fabulous dog and pony show to coddle their constituents and at the end of the day... they all laugh to the bank.
Citizen Pain

Cromwell, CT

#100036 Feb 5, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Here's another example of anti-government insanity from the far right:
Jimmy Lee Dykes - murderer and kidnapper:
According to FOX News, Dykes is described as a loner. The 65 year old is a decorated Vietnam veteran, who was on active duty in the US Navy from 1965 to 1969. His records indicate that he was awarded the Vietnam Service Medal and the Good Conduct Medal. He was trained in aviation maintenance. He is described as an angry old man, who rails against the government, starting with President Obama down and listens to a lot of conservative talk radio. After leaving the navy Dykes resided in Florida, where he worked as a surveyor and long haul truck driver.
He had some scrapes with the law, which included improper display of a firearm in 1995, a charge that was dismissed. In 2000 he was arrested for marijuana possession.
Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/342781#ixzz...
Let me get this straight.

According to you, if you're "an angry old man, who rails against the government, starting with President Obama down and listens to a lot of conservative talk radio", you're an insane, anti-government right-winger?
Citizen Pain

Cromwell, CT

#100037 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You must be good looking then because Norwegian women are always hott!!
More liberal logic?

“Je Suis Charlie”

Location hidden

#100038 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, if you're "an angry old man, who rails against the government, starting with President Obama down and listens to a lot of conservative talk radio", you're an insane, anti-government right-winger?
You just have to STOP reinterpreting what somebody else says. Now, if you want reinforcement, just repeat my words - not yours.

You actually said exactly what that particular nut is reported to be.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100039 Feb 5, 2013
Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, I have angered the little illegal.
Tell me dumbass... since when is American a race? You moron.
Now bend over and grab your ankles, your boss ohblamer wants to give you something.
The only ignoramus here calling American a race is you. It's OK little buddy!!!

“Je Suis Charlie”

Location hidden

#100040 Feb 5, 2013
A permanent work visa - that's what some Republicans are calling for with respect to illegals present. That's not unlike what the proposal on another thread calls for - except that proposal calls for conversion to TGW status - temporary. So, the distinction is that some Republicans want to make the transition permanent.

This brings to mind another question:

Are people present "permanently" entitled to collect social welfare benefits? If so, how does such entitlement change the projections of costs for those programs in the coming years? What impact will that have on American retirees? It's only money;-)

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100041 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
More liberal logic?
So finding caucasian women attractive is a liberal thing? Since the conservative logic is usually the opposite of liberals, you must find Black men attractive.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100042 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Don't act like a duck and we won't call you a duck.

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#100043 Feb 5, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't anything antiquated about the Constitution, the 14th amendment reads and means the same as did when ratified in 1868.
Aliens have never been "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", you and the USSC can't prove me wrong.
Back in 1868 the term alien is different from the term used today. In 1868 there were no immigration laws prohibiting people who wanted to enter the United States and as such there was no such thing as an “illegal alien.” Back in 1868, the term alien was a broad term for anyone who was in the United States temporarily or permanent but was not a naturalized citizen.

“Counterculture Phenomenon”

Since: Mar 10

On top of the World

#100044 Feb 5, 2013
Tammy Bruce RULES wrote:
BE AWARE! TOPIX IS CENSORING OUR POST FOR NO REASON.
We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone. That's you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dem says Clinton agrees to testify on Benghazi 4 min see the light 10
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min openyourminds 142,211
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 6 min Conchita 689
Democrats say they won't support Iran sanctions... 8 min see the light 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min SpaceBlues 50,404
Bobby Jindal's Love Affair With Hate 11 min Jaren 35
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 11 min Demetrius83 5,600
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min John Galt 1,173,308
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 31 min serfs up 677
Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... 40 min Retired SOF 49
Is Obama's 'Election Proximity' Excuse a Snub t... 54 min Lawrence Wolf 73
Senators tell Obama ita s urgent to nominate a ... 1 hr Le Jimbo 20
More from around the web