The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
83,261 - 83,280 of 255,953 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Allow me to butt in

Villahermosa, Mexico

#98639 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you reply to 98514 and 98516 then dumbazz.. I don't see them..
Eagle
Part 2 is all that's left.....going, going, gone.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#98640 Jan 31, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two are missing. I made a mistake.
I saw PROPOSAL Part II and END. I thought I saw Part I.
I can admit to making a mistake without getting nasty and calling names. You don't seem to have that ability since it's so important for you to always be right no matter what.
You enjoyed gloating about a couple of NTR's posts being gone.
You got a cookie. Now grow up.
You are the one who needs to "grow up" dingaling!
He was being as "polite" as he could!

Cool 'your' jets!
Allow me to butt in

Villahermosa, Mexico

#98641 Jan 31, 2013
Correction, I can also see end.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Big Birds Nest..

#98642 Jan 31, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
likely you'd be called a racist if you even questioned suspicious workers. You'd probably have some agency of the government harassing you. If you can afford the higher prices go with the all white workers. Too bad for legitimate mexican americans
I used to call WC inspectors out on big jobs (new construction) checking paperwork.. It becomes a safety issue for all legit workers on site..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

#98643 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Those two are missing. I made a mistake.
I saw PROPOSAL Part II and END. I thought I saw Part I.
I can admit to making a mistake without getting nasty and calling names. You don't seem to have that ability since it's so important for you to always be right no matter what.
You enjoyed gloating about a couple of NTR's posts being gone.
You got a cookie. Now grow up.
Apology Accepted Captain Needa

Eagle

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#98644 Jan 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who needs to "grow up" dingaling!
He was being as "polite" as he could!
Cool 'your' jets!
Butt out. Calling me a "dumbass" is not being polite.

What do you know about being polite anyway? Nada, zilch, nothing.

MYOB.
a paltry sum

United States

#98645 Jan 31, 2013
Allow me to butt in wrote:
Correction, I can also see end.
I can see heels in hel1.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#98646 Jan 31, 2013
PROPOSAL INTRODUCTION:

Illegal immigration ranks high among concerns for the general public. What you don't see reported, but which I frequently hear mentioned, is the anger of unemployed American workers toward illegal workers who are employed in jobs they would willingly do. Nobody in politics wants to discuss this hugely important issue. We not only need to discuss it now, we need to take concrete steps to end the disparity soon. To ignore the problem is to invite it to continue until conflict is inevitable. Because I am genuinely convinced that Comprehensive Immigration Reform is a priority, given our economic forecast with respect to jobs, I have consulted with others and have given the problem a lot of thought in hope of finding a solution.

To summarize the proposal, we would afford a conversion of some of those here illegally who have been working, contributing and paying taxes into temporary guest workers only (with NO pathway to citizenship). We would compel employers of illegals to immediately sever non-qualified workers at the inception of the program and replace those workers with American citizen workers and/or legal immigrant workers. The value in this proposal is that we can free up as many as 3-5 million jobs immediately at inception, separate the productive workforce from the cash pay day underground economy illegals and those who are subsidized by welfare entitlement (primarily from their American born children.)

We would be able to send a clear message globally that illegally immigrating to America will never provide you the highest honor we have to bestow: citizenship. For that honor, you must stand in the line and wait your turn at admission.

The legislator who could provide 3-5 million jobs for unemployed Americans not only would be hailed as a hero to those Americans who would benefit, he/she would be a hero to their extended families and the communities in which so many unemployed Americans reside and which are afflicted by poverty and unemployment.

That legislator would be able to level the playing field for formerly illegal but diligent workers and gain the respect of millions of Americans of Hispanic descent who seek resolution that doesn't encompass mass deportation which is often viewed as ethnic in intent (regardless of facts).

Those here illegally who would not make the cut would be subject to ongoing deportation efforts, but the numbers subject to being deported would be cut in half. Going forward, the reason to enter illegally (jobs) would be greatly diminished. This would make the job of Border Patrol and I.C.E. much more manageable than is the case today
----------

This material is original work published with the permission of the author.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#98647 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Geeesh, that you took my post seriously. That was the joke.
Now YOU'RE the joke. LOL!
HaHaHa, what an idiot Jaxxoff is.
1 post removed

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#98649 Jan 31, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't find the first 2 Rose.
Topix is becoming a joke.
I know. Read further, Jax.

Someone must have reported them for some reason. Notice the people who are gloating about them being gone though.

Topix has always been a joke.

Location hidden

#98650 Jan 31, 2013
PROPOSAL OUTLINE - PART I:

Below is a general outline without detailed specifics, simply because the details should be worked out and agreed to by our legislative bodies. That said, I hope you will consider this proposal as one that requires both sides of the issue to make allowances that would ultimately benefit both sides of the issue and definitely provide relief to American workers and taxpayers.

Here is how it works:

1) A temporary amnesty is awarded all who are present illegally for 90 days (TBD). A public announcement is circulated that the United States Government is affording a one time only opportunity to apply for legal temporary guest worker positions. Applicants must have resided and worked in the U.S.A. for no fewer than 5 or 10 consecutive years (TBD), have filed tax returns with the IRS using their legitimate ITIN number and invalid social security number. They must come forward, apply for the program and sign a waiver with the IRS permitting release of their tax filings in order to qualify.

2) Applicants must notify their respective employers that they have applied to remain and work in the U.S.A. legally. Employers of illegals are granted a one time only pass on penalty or fine for employing illegal workers and will cooperate with government officials in any electronic request on their employee(s).

Applicants will be entered into a separate E-Verify database which is mandatory for all employers to use to authenticate worker status.
Applicants will undergo fingerprinting identification which data will be entered into a National crime database for access by law enforcement.

3) Along the way, employers can access the applicant E-Verify database to check an employee's status: Application pending, Application rejected, Application Approved. At any point in the process that an employer discovers an employee has been rejected for acceptance, the employee must be promptly terminated. Failure to do so will subject that employer to fines and penalties and will prohibit the employer from using additional temporary guest workers going forward.

4) Those accepted into the program must register their permanent address with DHS and keep it current with their employer. They must respond to mail inquiries from program administrators or be subject to being terminated from the program.

Accepted and enrolled TGW will be eligible to apply for and receive a valid driver's license in their states of residence that identify TGW status and which may be used as proof of legal status in any encounter with law enforcement or in transacting routine business.
(CONTINUED:)

This material is in topic original work published with the permission of the author.

Location hidden

#98651 Jan 31, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
HaHaHa, what an idiot Jaxxoff is.
All I can say is that if there is amoderator removing those posts and he/she leaves your post there is a big problem with Topix.

Location hidden

#98652 Jan 31, 2013
PROPOSAL OUTLINE: PART II.

5) Temporary guest workers are subject to removal from the program for any felony conviction including DUI or domestic abuse. TGW are not eligible for public welfare other than emergency health care as mandated by federal law. They are responsible for the care and support of immediate family members ONLY who will be permitted to stay and be supported solely by the TGW.

No TGW is permitted to reside in taxpayer funded housing unless he/she is the primary caregiver and legal guardian (parent) of an American born child who is eligible. All others who have been staying with extended family members will be provided a ninety day window to move into the private sector and show proof of the relocation.

6) All temporary guest workers will have payroll taxes deducted and income reported. Social Security contributions will be held in a separate interest bearing account to be returned to the TGW at voluntary departure from the program and upon exit from the country, or at termination of the program.

TGWs must be paid at least minimum wage, be entitled to all legal protections afforded all workers, and they are eligible to participate in employer sponsored benefits afforded all other employees.

Any TGW who resigns his/her job, or is terminated due to job force reduction, will be afforded 90 days in which to become reemployed, or he/she will be terminated from the program and his/her driver's license will be electronically revoked.

The foreign born children of TGW will be admitted to public schools without penalty and are eligible to participate in school lunch programs afforded low income families (if applicable). They are not entitled to food stamps or Medicaid.

Anybody not accepted into this program is somebody who is either contributing to the underground cash economy which deprives government of tax revenues which we can ill afford, is living through criminal enterprise, or is somebody who is supported by public welfare for their American born child at taxpayer expense. We have enough of our own unemployed Americans that nothing but resentment comes of supporting those here illegally as well.

How do we handle the American born children of illegal immigrants? Activist organizations contend that these children are Americanized and would face grave emotional upheaval. I contend that any child age five or under is not yet Americanized and would sustain no emotional harm by accompanying his/her parents home to their countries of birth. THAT problem is addressed by electing the five (5) year option.

For any mother who steps forward during the temporary amnesty period, the Federal Government will afford a ONE TIME ONLY offer of stipend for parent and child (TBD) that is sufficient to resettle the family in their country of origin. Failure to accept the offer during the temporary amnesty will subject the parent to deportation only without stipend at the conclusion of the enrollment period. The advantage to U.S. taxpayers of this approach as opposed to subsidizing children and mother for as many as eighteen years is substantial and material and worth the one time only investment of tax dollars.

If parents prefer not to take their children home, they may remand them to the custody of a legal family member or place them up for adoption. The mother of said child/children will have a two month window during which she may change her mind. Thereafter, the state is deemed the sole custodian of the child and may place them in foster care or up for adoption.

The single most significant message we can deliver to the world at large is that U.S. citizenship is not on the table for those who violate our immigration laws.(continued:)

Original material posted with authors permission
a paltry sum

United States

#98653 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree Q is not gay..
Eagle
He turned me down too. Must be my silver hair.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#98654 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<shakes head> Duh now tell me something I didn't know.. And explain how the temp workers are not illegal labor..
Eagle
I've done temp work before. I'm not illegal.

Location hidden

#98655 Jan 31, 2013
END:

With clearly documented TGW, we have set a quota as to their numbers at this point in time and resolved the issue. Should business demands in the future require additional TGW, business should be compelled to provide clear and convincing evidence that additional TGW will not adversely impact wages in those sectors.

Americans want a solution to illegal workers. They oppose "Amnesty" as characterized in every proposal which has been discussed by either party. This outline is a way to incorporate those illegal workers who have made a commitment and contribution to America. Just as importantly, it is a way to open the door to young Americans at a time when need has never been greater

----------

Now. Someone actually took the time to think this through and write it out and offer it up for discussion. What TOS does that violate?

Location hidden

#98656 Jan 31, 2013
Phurhankey Jahonsuninski wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "The President has failed us" is what this place is all about. Do YOU care to try again?
Everyone here was discussing immigration issues and proposed CIR.

Duh.
1 post removed
Rico the Steet Fighter

Rowland Heights, CA

#98658 Jan 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
NRA president: Anti-gun advocates threatened to kill my kids
“Civility is only required of us, civility doesn’t count for them,” the NRA president told The Caller.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
The NRA President should have known what he was getting himself into.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#98661 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I know. Read further, Jax.
Someone must have reported them for some reason. Notice the people who are gloating about them being gone though.
Topix has always been a joke.
The law says that only the copyright holder can file a complaint about copyright violation and since NTR wrote that proposal I doubt that she filed a complaint against herself.

The mod is wrong.

With all due respect of course.
1 post removed

“ON THE PROWL”

Big Birds Nest..

#98663 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done temp work before. I'm not illegal.
Do you understand the difference in "illegal labor" and "illegal alien labor" on jobsites?? In my state if you are paid under the table its illegal.. Get it?? Even our day-labor sites take out taxes and cover them with WC..

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,100,010
Support for U.S. overseas involvement jumps, po... 3 min sandy1 9
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min wondering 115,178
Ukraine Says Russia Has Invaded 4 min Obamas Fluster Cluck 1
Younger members split with GOP on social issues 8 min swedenforever 31
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 11 min Le Jimbo 1,348
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min DITCH MITCH 151,150
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 2 hr neveratfault 247
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••