The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409451 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Brighton, CO

#98346 Jan 31, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
Van Morrison - Into The Mystic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gVAnlke_xUYXX
One of the BEST songs in the Universe!
That's my opinion
and I'm ALLOWED it!=)
Agree...

Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful Of Sunshine
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Born On The Bayou
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#98347 Jan 31, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Every American citizen who wants to go to school can do so. Money is not what keeps Americans from attending school. Ignorance is.
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
You ARE absolutely correct, but add laziness. It infuriates me to see kids with so much potential, throwing away their chance for being responsible, productive adults, because they chose to be slackers, thinking running the streets doing Lord knows what, makes more sense than getting an education. There is a plethora of grants and scholarships out there for so many things. This sounds ridiculous, but it is true, a teacher at my former school, got a scholarship for having chronic bronchitis. One has to have the desire and must search for the financial help.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#98348 Jan 31, 2013
gzeena wrote:
Of course those loons would love to see me banned. Every single one of them. Cheers!
I don't. For that matter, I don't like to see anyboy get banned. But it gets very disconcerting in the manner in which some posters attack and denigrate others on these threads. I believe in speaking one's mind, but I don't think that gives one the right to tear apart a person for having differing views or lifestyles. There cerrtainly could be more civility on these threads.
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#98349 Jan 31, 2013
Hey Rico, Some news about your Idol.

Ron Jeremy Resting After Surgery Goes 'Smoothly'
Quirky

Brighton, CO

#98350 Jan 31, 2013
What Medicare doesn’t cover



When you're calculating how much Medicare will cost, consider this information from Medicare.gov about what it doesn't cover.
•Routine dental care.
•Dentures.
•Hearing aids.
•Routine eye care and most eyeglasses.
•Routine foot care such as trimming corns and calluses.
•Orthopedic shoes.
•Acupuncture.
•Chiropractic services, except to correct a subluxation (when one or more of the bones in the spine move out of position) using manipulation of the spine.
•Some vaccinations.
•Long-term care whether it is given at home or in a facility such as a nursing home.
•Coverage when you are traveling outside the U.S.(Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands are all part of the United States, so if you're wintering in one of those warm spots, you're covered).

If you use one or more of the above services regularly and they are currently covered by your private insurance plan, when you move to Medicare, your costs will increase, and you'll need to factor that into your retirement planning.

Choosing a Medicare Advantage plan could be part of the solution. Some of these services are covered by some Medicare Advantage plans, but there's no guarantee. Medicare Advantage plans are all administered by private insurance companies that can and do set their own coverage options and rules.

Allsup Medicare Advisor service warns anyone purchasing a Medicare Advantage plan that appears to cover a frequently used service to read the fine print carefully. The coverage may have significant limitations.

Other options include buying an additional private insurance plan such as dental insurance. Signing up for discount cards also may offer some savings. If you have a very limited budget, Medicaid kicks in for some of these services.

In any case, be sure to factor these costs into your retirement budget with a generous inflation factor. Anyone who believes health care costs are going to decline is dreaming.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/financing/retirement/...
Follow us:@Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook
1 post removed

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#98352 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Does this mean that if American workers don't work harder and spend longer at training, and illegal immigrants get jobs they need, they're.......bad and lazy? I don't see it that way. I see business greed and indifference to what they are creating - too many American men who are frustrated and angry. That has consequences, and I see some of them right here on Topix. Where is the equity in the formula to stop illegal immigration and find a solution that provides some relief for American job seekers?
155,000 New Jobs Added, But Black Unemployment Rises
January 4, 2013 | Posted by Nick Chiles
http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/01/04/155000...
Finding work is still a major headache in the black community. December overall job growth numbers in the U.S. indicate an increase of about 155,000 new jobs, with the unemployment rate still at 7.8 percent. While these figures are similar to previous months, the black unemployment rate saw a significant increase, signaling a challenge for President Barack Obama in his second term if he is going to make a difference for the black community.
The black jobless rate jumped from 13.2 percent in November to 14 percent in December, which is a big rise because the rate only includes people who are still actively looking for work.(cont.)
.......
They're looking for work.
Tell me Ntr why do you think that every American does a good job when get employment? Our younger generation doesn't have the work ethics as their elders.

"Do young people lack the work ethic of their elders?
American workers in their 20s--the Millennial generation--are the first in living memory to tell pollsters that they don't work as hard as their elders. That's the finding in a study that The Post's Ian Shapira reports on today...but do the people in his story reflect what you know and experience? What's your sense of how the work ethic of young people compares with other generations'?

Are people in their 20s less dedicated to work and career than their elders?
No, young people's work ethic is no different from any time in recent memory
6%
Yes, today's young workers have a better sense of work-life balance
12%
Yes, today's young workers grew up with an inflated sense of self-esteem and don't work hard enough
65%
No, it's just that the demands of today's workplace are different; quality, not quantity matters
16%
Created on Apr 2, 2010"

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/story-lab/2010...

Also:

"Millennials accused of lax work ethic say it's not all about
9-to-5"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Major Republic-an

Columbus, OH

#98353 Jan 31, 2013
I saw Mitt Romney on tv yesterday..

Oh wait...That was the Honda robot.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#98354 Jan 31, 2013
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
WA and Freespirit8 Look and think alot a-like. Both clueless as a doorknob.
I forgive you your transgressions.
1 post removed

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#98356 Jan 31, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
In June 2010, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 AGAINST a handgun ban in the city of Chicago in McDonald v. Chicago.
But just four days after the Supreme Court decision, the Chicago City Council adopted the Responsible Gun Owners Ordinance which, among other restrictions, requires prospective gun owners to take a firearm safety course at a gun range in order to obtain a permit to own a gun in a home. At the same time, the city council’s decision placed a virtual ban on gun ranges in the city.
In Chicago, there have been 470 murders within its city limits in 2012, as of Dec. 2, a 19 percent increase in homicide from 2011, when there were 394 murders.
Those numbers are from the Chicago Police Department’s city wide crime statistics report, covering up through Nov. 25. Further reporting from Chicago media places the number of murders in Chicago at 485 as of Dec. 2.
No amount of gun restrictions will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It only stops the law abiding citizen from having a method to defend themselves.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#98357 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Almost a third of the unemployed in America are those in the low income sector ($12,499 or less), followed by about nineteen percent who are unemployed in the next income sector ($12,500-20,000). These are figures from 2010, but I seriously doubt the overall percentages has changed significantly or suddenly shifted unemployment to higher income sectors. Could be wrong, but I could locate current data.
So, when we talk about illegal immigrant competition, we're talking about a large segment of those who are unemployed who are directly competing in the same income sectors.
What's in the current immigration reform proposals to assist them, or are they just not worth considering because the didn't go to college or get degrees?
Just making e-verify a requirement for employers will keep most all new illegals from working here. If they can't work they won't stay. Isn't that why e-verify was worked up to do?
1 post removed
jackson

Lexington, KY

#98359 Jan 31, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>You ARE absolutely correct, but add laziness. It infuriates me to see kids with so much potential, throwing away their chance for being responsible, productive adults, because they chose to be slackers, thinking running the streets doing Lord knows what, makes more sense than getting an education. There is a plethora of grants and scholarships out there for so many things. This sounds ridiculous, but it is true, a teacher at my former school, got a scholarship for having chronic bronchitis. One has to have the desire and must search for the financial help.
Everyone can go to school, yes, but the financial issue can be an insurmountable problem. Tuition is huge, even in smaller, local schools. Loans are available, but with there being no guarantee of a job at the end, loan payments are very difficult. Grants and scholarships, yes, but actually getting one or more is also very difficult. Thousands of students apply for each. My children each applied for over 100 scholarships, only to be awarded those determined by gpa and specialty classes (music, arts). And those scholarships were minimal in the grand scheme of things. They had qualifications for each scholarship, but our family income was such that they could not get (and did not apply for) income-based scholarships or grants. They are white, middle-class Americans, so they didn't qualify for special interest group scholarships or grants. There is more money available for the underprivileged, which is fine, but my children needed school money, too. We took out loans for each of them and will be paying them off probably for the rest of our lives. Because the economy was terrible and they could not find jobs in their fields, they added loans for themselves to get advanced or additional degrees. Their loans are huge and will most likely mean they cannot live on their own, ever. Both are now married to others with college loans. It will be difficult for either to buy a home due to college debt. Still without jobs in their fields, they are working retail at little more than minimum wage, working their way up into those businesses, but with little room to go.
People have said they shouldn't have gone into those fields. Well, at the time they chose those professions, there were jobs available. The economy tanked, and those jobs went away. And they chose those fields, too, because of their passion in those areas.
My children are no different than many others. We have college debt, they have college debt. At the time they began college, it was the right thing to do -- to achieve a dream to work in a particular field and to achieve the American dream of independence and freedom to live a life they chose.
I will be criticized for not saving money for college. We knew when we decided I would stay home with them that it would be difficult to have money ahead of time for college. But it was important for us that I stay home with them. I/we do not regret that decision and I believe our children are better for it.
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98360 Jan 31, 2013
Quirky wrote:
Hey Rico, Some news about your Idol.
Ron Jeremy Resting After Surgery Goes 'Smoothly'
Poor Q-cumber, you no looky at your porno kings beef stick for awhile.

What will you ever do?
1 post removed
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98362 Jan 31, 2013
Parthenon wrote:
UH OH! It seems President Obozo is leading us into a SHRINKING economy! The last quarter gross domestic product went into negative territory. How did this happen? How did it get hidden from the tax payers until AFTER the election?
Some many questions, so few answers! I know: let's reward failure by giving Odumbo four more years. Maybe the dog at his homework the last time, so he'll do better in his next term.
Grow up!!!
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98363 Jan 31, 2013
Quirky wrote:
What Medicare doesn’t cover
When you're calculating how much Medicare will cost, consider this information from Medicare.gov about what it doesn't cover.
•Routine dental care.
•Dentures.
•Hearing aids.
•Routine eye care and most eyeglasses.
•Routine foot care such as trimming corns and calluses.
•Orthopedic shoes.
•Acupuncture.
•Chiropractic services, except to correct a subluxation (when one or more of the bones in the spine move out of position) using manipulation of the spine.
•Some vaccinations.
•Long-term care whether it is given at home or in a facility such as a nursing home.
•Coverage when you are traveling outside the U.S.(Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands are all part of the United States, so if you're wintering in one of those warm spots, you're covered).
If you use one or more of the above services regularly and they are currently covered by your private insurance plan, when you move to Medicare, your costs will increase, and you'll need to factor that into your retirement planning.
Choosing a Medicare Advantage plan could be part of the solution. Some of these services are covered by some Medicare Advantage plans, but there's no guarantee. Medicare Advantage plans are all administered by private insurance companies that can and do set their own coverage options and rules.
Allsup Medicare Advisor service warns anyone purchasing a Medicare Advantage plan that appears to cover a frequently used service to read the fine print carefully. The coverage may have significant limitations.
Other options include buying an additional private insurance plan such as dental insurance. Signing up for discount cards also may offer some savings. If you have a very limited budget, Medicaid kicks in for some of these services.
In any case, be sure to factor these costs into your retirement budget with a generous inflation factor. Anyone who believes health care costs are going to decline is dreaming.
Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/financing/retirement/...
Follow us:@Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook
What's wrong little buddy... you milking the dole already and complaining about what's not free?

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#98364 Jan 31, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Just making e-verify a requirement for employers will keep most all new illegals from working here. If they can't work they won't stay. Isn't that why e-verify was worked up to do?
Have you read the senate's PDF WA??

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/28/politics/immigr...

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#98365 Jan 31, 2013
Ralfff wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. This one had so many warnings given to it it is about to get banned anyway.
And may it rest in peace.. LOL..

Morning to ya..

Eagle

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#98366 Jan 31, 2013
Major Republic-an wrote:
I saw Mitt Romney on tv yesterday..
Oh wait...That was the Honda robot.
I saw a caramel colored Honda robot yesterday... oh wait.....

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#98367 Jan 31, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Almost a third of the unemployed in America are those in the low income sector ($12,499 or less), followed by about nineteen percent who are unemployed in the next income sector ($12,500-20,000). These are figures from 2010, but I seriously doubt the overall percentages has changed significantly or suddenly shifted unemployment to higher income sectors. Could be wrong, but I could locate current data.
So, when we talk about illegal immigrant competition, we're talking about a large segment of those who are unemployed who are directly competing in the same income sectors.
What's in the current immigration reform proposals to assist them, or are they just not worth considering because the didn't go to college or get degrees?
Nothing absolutely nothing.. We really need attrition through enforcement to have started right away.. If you look at the senate's PDF is assumes part of that but I don't see it passing anyway.. If it does the wages will remain low for decades to come with no real end in sight.. JMO..

Eagle
Rico in the SGV

West Covina, CA

#98368 Jan 31, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>You ARE absolutely correct, but add laziness. It infuriates me to see kids with so much potential, throwing away their chance for being responsible, productive adults, because they chose to be slackers, thinking running the streets doing Lord knows what, makes more sense than getting an education. There is a plethora of grants and scholarships out there for so many things. This sounds ridiculous, but it is true, a teacher at my former school, got a scholarship for having chronic bronchitis. One has to have the desire and must search for the financial help.
If only we brought back the days of "Leave it to Beaver"... America can once again prosper.

Typical CONservative wet dreaming.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#98369 Jan 31, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And may it rest in peace.. LOL..
Morning to ya..
Eagle
AMEN! Howdy and good day to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Imprtnrd 23,992
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 1 min The Wookie 223
News News 13 Mins Ago Protesters, Trump supporters c... 1 min anonymous 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Fox News BS 256,457
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,480,977
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Coffee Party 234,191
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... 5 min GOP_Russian_trumPets 104
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 40 min Ricky F 1,973
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 47 min Jim 18,012
More from around the web