The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 369821 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Another late one

Danville, KY

#97954 Jan 30, 2013
Candidate For Nevada Governor: No Need To Impeach Obama; He Was Never Eligible - VIDEO BELOW:- Hat tip CommieBlaster.

http://thesteadydrip.blogspot.jp/2013/01/cand...
1 post removed

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#97956 Jan 30, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm reluctant to answer;-) But, you can probably tell by how many nasty judge-its I get in the next few minutes.
What do you think of the President's immigration proposal? Personally, I don't see anything in these proposals that does one thing for the American and legal immigrant workers they replaced, and what in these formulas is designed to discourage others from coming to wait for their turns? Securing the border(s) only prevents 60% of the problem - even if you believe we can successfully block border jumpers, and I don't think we can in the first place. What's the plan for th 40% who enter on legal visas and never go home again? Last, this TGW program for jobs Americans "just won't do" is also disingenuous. That guarantees wages will stay in the toilet, because Americans just won't do jobs that pay less than a survivable wage - if they have any choice. If not, they're still competing for a race to the lowest possible wage.
At any rate, I'm not happy because it's not very different than we did last time, and now there are at least 11-12 more people here illegally. What's going to stop that from happening again going forward?
The birthright citizenship issue is never addressed and no matter what they think, it IS an impetus for coming here...getting perks for doing nothing more than having babies. Rubio says no welfare for them, but yet their kids WILL bring freebies into their home. It's nuts, and will encourage more to come. Ice and the border agents' hands have been tied, and more "immigrants" WILL depress wages for OUR unskilled workers. It's not good, any way you look at it.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#97957 Jan 30, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
The libs DREW 'first blood'
The Conservatives ARE 'giving' it back!
First Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =g7PbS6sdiZoXX
Get three coffins ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Quirky

Denver, CO

#97958 Jan 30, 2013
-- O1d Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up punk?
S-Up Rico?

“MUAH”

Since: Jan 13

OOH RAH

#97959 Jan 30, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never laughed while I was reprotng threats before, but then it's been a strange night all the way around.
That loser has crossed over into pervert territory again.
Pervert terrotory?

How so? Because you got beat? Works for me, Jaxx. Only peoblem is you being able to prove it and really put the screws to me... And you just can't do that, can ya?

You and your friends talk about me being banned. Why? To do it to discredit me, right? To who are you discrediting me to? Anonymous posters? Yep. What did you achieve? Some agree with me, some don't. What have you altered? Anything? Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. Absolutely nothing but a moment of glee of wishful thinking on your part.. Hey, at least you and your friends were able to be all giddy for that moment and do chest rubs for a warm fuzzy... Oooooooh, I bet that just made you feel tickled pink all over...

How's the post collecting going?

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97960 Jan 30, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course those loons would love to see me banned. Every single one of them. Cheers!
Jaxx and his flamers have been trying their damndest.
I do not know what it is about people. They don't like liars, but then they really hate honesty... I do not think, I will ever figure it out on theirs or Topix standards...

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97961 Jan 30, 2013
Patriot Warrior wrote:
Any Redneck Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =b93IADAxt-AXX
Uploaded on Jun 27, 2011
*no turkey nests were harmed during the filming of this stupidness* Please realize that this video is not to be taken seriously. We're just Western North Carolina/Appalachian Mountain Natives living life. If you're not redneck, you probably think we are. If you are super redneck, then you probably think we aren't.. It really doesn't matter. This is just us having fun on the weekends and catching it on film. I hope you enjoy, and if not, attempt to keep your negativity to yourself.. Thanks.
LMAO... Good video.. Reminds me when we were kids.. The only difference, it's in color with audio these days. lol. City slicker kids just don't know what they are missing. And neither do their parents.

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97962 Jan 30, 2013
Patriot Warrior wrote:
In Spite of Ourselves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =F5axlwCBXC8XX
LMAO..

What a good theme song to use for video making... Granted, it would be for B-Rated but who's payin' attention to that rating.. Besides, I'm new at this and I do like the finger picking of the strings... And that twang? Damn...

Back of the hills and oshkosh by gosh...
jackson

Lexington, KY

#97963 Jan 30, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>With the immigration reform that I've seen all undocumented immigrants will have to earn their green cards and their citizenship. No different then any of the other undocumented have done in the past. Excluding those that came before immigration laws.
What you and mnay others seem to really dislike is the fact that they are mostly comprised of Hispanics. That Old Man is the truth.
They should not be able to earn their green cards ahead of those who came here legally.
Some recent suggestions I think are appropriate: no illegal can be granted citizenship unless they leave and come back in a proper manner. They can receive work visas or green cards, but not citizenship.
The other good idea I heard was to set a number -- a number which says that no more than X million illegals will be covered by this policy. If we have documented 11 million illegals, then that number should be 11 million.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97964 Jan 30, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep sipping that right wing neo-con tea bagging media Kool-aid!!!!!
Almost every comment you make is an attack on liberalism, democrats or non-tea bagger republicans that employ democratic principals or who reach agreements.
You're so transparent.
...and "almost" every comment you (and most other liberals here) make is an attack on conservatism.

You know nothing about me and how I stand on most issues. Stop pretending you do.

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#97965 Jan 30, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
I just might provide you with a link of you sitting on a nice shiny hog... Again, Honey, there ain't a G.D. thing you could do about it.. No matter how much money you have..
You are not a nice person.. You are turning me into a dastardly person.. Own it... lol
I just might give a d@mn. But I don't.

You were born a dastardly person. My sympathies.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97966 Jan 30, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree that States are beginning to pass laws that contradict Federal law and seems to be growing exponentially but the ironic part is that these laws are a mix of both liberal and conservative ideologies... i.e. legalization of marijuana & gay marriage [liberal] and immigration laws & gun laws [conservative].
Our central gov't is only as strong as we allow it.
explain this: people have voted for 'conservative/anti-Big Govt' Reps yet it has caved on STOPPING our Fed govt from spending and expanding.
WHO do fiscally conservative folks vote FOR?
when Dems are NOT Dems and Reps are NOT Reps, what does a 'free' electorate do for honest representation at the Federal level?
the two social issues u mentioned SHOULD be decided State by State. there are 50 states, one or more should represent everyone's values. that is precisely why the Fed Govt has NO business meddling in social issues like drugs and marriage and schools and reproducction and HC, etc... ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL.
higgans

Marion, IN

#97967 Jan 30, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Not happy. If people think this will pass Congress, the borders will look like a traffic jam in the coming months. The promise of a way to earn citizenship (even if you get here next week, there are NO restrictions) is a deal breaker for me. There are no distinctions made for who may earn the pathway - except for criminals, and criminals have never had a pathway - so, no changes there.
This proposal does NOTHING for displaced American workers, and actually keeps the ones who were left behind even further behind the soon to be "former" illegals who replaced them. They're still on the outside looking in, and if wages do increase, they'll increase for the very people who replaced them.
I suppose I must acknowledge I am pouting and will oppose this plan. The worst part of this is I can't find anything in the plan that discourages future illegal immigration while it does guarantee that we'll very likely be receiving extended family members, many who probably have no skills or education themselves and whose options will be in the low wage sectors when they do get here.
Can you say "ongoing glut" - continuing low wages (maybe a tiny bit better, but low so long as more low skilled or unskilled folks keep turning up through expedited family reunification).
There are other parts of the proposal with which I have no disagreement (keeping graduates of our schools, affording pathway to citizenship to Dream Act candidates, making entry easier for those wishing to start businesses). But, the overall plan is a bummer as far as I'm concerned, because EVERYBODY not criminal qualifies, and it will have an impact on Social Security and Medicare that we can ill afford as well as welfare programs once LPR is earned.
Did I get any part of that wrong or miss something?
tell me/us something: how is there upoosed to be real debate about immigration 'reform' when any talk about enforcing laws, deporting illegals, raiding work places/rallies, cracking down on sanctuary cities/states, States enforcing immigration laws, etc. are all met with cries of racism and xenophobia?
all elected reps are ONLY human and want to be liked AND re-elected.
you do realize that folks can have STRONG feelings and opinions about any subject and NOT be racists and baby-killers or haters of the poor, right?
apparently the Progressives have finally come to 'fixing' something you disagree with them on.lol
GOOD!
you voted for this, revel in it, enjoy it...
how silly

Mineola, NY

#97968 Jan 30, 2013
how silly
higgans

Marion, IN

#97969 Jan 30, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
They also need to immediately declare that only those who have been here illegally prior to let's say 2010 are elligible for amnesty.
We then would discourage potential amnesty seekers from flooding our Country.
hey, I know, since we are going to pick and choose which laws we shall enforce and which we shan't, how about we grant amnesty to muggers and rapists and con-artists, too? I mean, IF they haven't committed their crimes since, oh, 2008 or 2006 or 2010... pick a year, any year.
whatsa' matter, can't ur big ol' Fed Govt fix the pwoblem the FIRST time?
guess what, it ain't those wascally Wepublicans standing in the way of PROGRESS on this one!lol
your side won, Obama won... guess who loses...
(let's see: 11 million illegals and about 11 million UN-employed. sounds about right to me.:))

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97970 Jan 30, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
They must be =)
I was/am Hell on Heels!
I came to say what I wanted to and did. In an adult and jocular way.
I've got better places to post tonight.=)
I applaud you 'Old Man' for your tenacity, and some of your fellow posters. They know who I am talking about.
This site is sick with jealous, gluttonous, and greedy perverts.
You still pretending that you're not American Lady?
higgans

Marion, IN

#97971 Jan 30, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The "fact sheet" I've been reading seems to be heavy on rhetoric and a little light on the facts.
All generalities and talking points and positively glowing about what a brilliant "common sense" plan this is.
Makes me suspicious from the start.
I'd like to see something in writing that explains exactly how they plan to accomplish the things they're talking about.
Any idea where a person could find something like that? Just the facts without all the editorial.
NOW you want specifics?LOL
you guys kill me.... really.
aren't the current immigration laws SPECIFIC enough?
the FG chosing NOT to enforce them is very specific as to ITS intentions as concerns citizens' rights and illegals/non-citizens.
one could say OUR FG is down right ANTI-American when it comes to immigration, couldn't one?
an illegal caught trespassing on private property gets a 'pathway' to citizenship and the American property owner that catches him gets arrested/sued! that's rich!! that's PROGRESS!!!
1 post removed
higgans

Marion, IN

#97973 Jan 30, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>It is NOTHING like my plan. You never understood what I proposed in the first place. Never. I made distinctions fro the beginning, and the possibility of some (long term residents and the EMPLOYED TAX CONTRIBUTORS AND FILERS) converting to TGW status. Beyond that, I'm not opposed to the Dreamers, because they came as children at the whims of parents. They had no choice. We've educated them, and this is the only home most of them know.
If you can't follow what was outlined, bow out bozo. Thank you.
oh, I disagree, NTR. you made YOUR plan clear on Nov 6th.lol
hurry, hurry, hurry...
1 post removed

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#97975 Jan 30, 2013
rooster wrote:
Why can't we do something simpler like fix Mexico?? What the heck is broke down there anyhow that these people keep flocking here in the first place?? Canada seems to be doing well.... good neighbor and all.... no need to worry about them crossing the border. But here we have these Mexicans who won't stay in their own yard?? I can't figure it... We go to Kuwait to protect those people from the Iraqi invasion... and yet we want to roll out the welcome mat for our own invaders....???
The disparity in wages between Mexico and the USA plus the border proximity both Nations share is the driving force to why the USA has a high amount of illegal aliens from Mexico.

If the USA shared a border with China... we'd all be hearing Chinese hate around here instead of the constant Mexican hate.

Anyways... I do find that the USA has some screwed up priorities by nation building nations that hate the USA while completely ignoring the American homestead.
1 post removed

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#97977 Jan 30, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are certifiably insane.
How many of these accounts do you have anyway?
Just curious.
Poor Goat Rider... he's such a miserable troll. It be one thing if he came here for shits & giggles... you know, fling some mud and make some friends but he makes it very obvious that his sole purpose here to hate and to the utmost.

As for his accounts... he makes them as they get banned. That's a no brainer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,345,591
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min syamsu 186,676
News Idaho Rep. Raul Labrador at center of clash ove... 6 min Belles Echoes 1
News As Rubio and Cruz vie for Mormon support in Nev... 15 min Go Blue Forever 8
News FBI 'ready to indict' Hillary Clinton, Tom Dela... 40 min spud 678
News House Republicans: Benghazi Movie 'Really Makes... 44 min spud 661
News Black Lives Matter* 50 min Silent Echo 1,178
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 hr Ari son of Anarchy 213,436
More from around the web