The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 388278 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#94192 Jan 21, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I think you just wanna be Hispanic.
Well... If you saw me in person, you'd think I was a skin head whiteboy who spent some time in jail. It's my surname that throws off people.

So my ethnicity is Hispanic, my race is Caucasian and my Nationality is American.

But if I had to choose one word to define who I am... I'd simply say that I'm American.
higgans

Avon, IN

#94193 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that the 12 yr old knew how to use a gun and defend herself.
My point is that here in California, a parent would have child protective services all over them not to mention the possible loss of their gun rights for allowing a child to have access to a firearm.
Maybe the laws are different in that State that this home invasion happened in but on a moral level... leaving a 12 yr old kid home alone is grounds for child endangerment.
The 2008 California Dangerous Weapons Control Law modified California Penal Code section 12035 defining criminal storage of a firearm as keeping "any loaded firearm within any premises that are under his or her custody or control and he or she knows or reasonably should know that a child is likely to gain access to the firearm." A person may be charged with a crime, if he or she keeps a loaded firearm, and the child takes the firearm to a public place or causes injury
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/2001bills
do you honestly realize how many 'parents' would be jailed if the combined might of ALL govts were used to enforce THAT law/idea?
only about one in three or two most Fri/Sat nights in Any City, USA!
at this stage of our single parent (moms) geneolgy (third or fourth generation), grandma is going clubbing or boyfriend-trolling, too! maybe even those great-grandmas that can still get into 'skinny' jeans!
the notion of minor children meaning that their sires and dams now stay home and act like responsible parents has come and gone for far too many of our MOST at risk kiddies.
maybe we need some NEW laws?lol

United States

#94194 Jan 21, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
the only true American does NOT have a hyphen in front of American.
IMO, such folks are whatever they put first in front of 'American'.
think about that for more than 3 seconds...
ever hear of a Hispanic-Canadian? African-Mexican? Russian-German? European-Japanese?
Only a bigoted American like you feels the need to tell other Americans what they can and cannot do with their concept of Americanism.

I don't tell you or force you to speak Spanish, eat tamales and swing at the pinata so don't tell me how I should live my life as an Hispanic-American.
1 post removed

United States

#94196 Jan 21, 2013
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
And why should others answer your questions about their european or other ancestry? It's not that people don't know about their european or other ancestry, you see, that information is most likely irrelevant.
Then don't identify your ancestry. I'll just label you based upon the bigotry and racism that you present.... After all, you never had a problem labeling people here on Topix.

So now you're a descendant of a gay Nazi-German who performed abortions and hated Jesus Christ.
1 post removed

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#94198 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... If you saw me in person, you'd think I was a skin head whiteboy who spent some time in jail. It's my surname that throws off people.
So my ethnicity is Hispanic, my race is Caucasian and my Nationality is American.
But if I had to choose one word to define who I am... I'd simply say that I'm American.
Gee, it used to be you'd sound like a Californian, but nowadays it can be any state.....
The New Radicals
http://youtu.be/eWP7pLW5_PY
U Get What U give

United States

#94199 Jan 21, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to do that to gain members. They only have about 1 in 10 gun owners as members now. That is plenty of room for expansion. All they have to do is real in the rhetoric a little bit and they will. But the best and fastest way he is to push the politicians and make them scream "gun control" real loud and people will flock to their ranks.
As I said, I need their support but right now I am not a member - yet.
The NRA is not so much about gaining members anymore, They have the gun industry deeply invested in their pockets. This is why I claim that the NRA now advocates for the sales of guns in the USA.

They're only doing what the gun lobby wants.

I never once implied that I was against that. That hoodrat gneeza was the one who wants to play stupid on this issue.

In its early days, the National Rifle Association was a grassroots social club that prided itself on independence from corporate influence.

While that is still part of the organization's core function, today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.

The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-industry-f...
1 post removed

United States

#94201 Jan 21, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, it used to be you'd sound like a Californian, but nowadays it can be any state.....
The New Radicals
http://youtu.be/eWP7pLW5_PY
U Get What U give
I am a Californian!!!!

United States

#94202 Jan 21, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought, a white guy wanna be Hispanic ;-)
Being a white hispanic can be tough. Around other gringos, I'm the beaner.... around beaners I'm the gringo.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#94203 Jan 21, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Answer the question. Where you the Attorney General of The State of Kentucky? If not, you're simply a liar.
You destroyed your own credibility, and that isn't going to change. You are forever known as a cowardly braggart who prevaricates and overstates reality.
Why would anybody here be jealous of you? I see no indication that anybody but fringers even wants to communicate with you. Jealous? More of your sad delusions.
And again you have no idea what you are talking about! LMAO!!! You certainly do not have to be the Attorney General of the State of Kentucky to supervise over 200 employees of which 30 are attorneys. Just shows your ignorance! Do you have any idea how many agencies in state government have numerous attorneys??? You are laughable. Although all of my years were with government, the last 10 were not with the state. Now figure that one out NUTTER!!!

I repeat:

If you can't believe my job description, that is your problem. There is actually no reason to doubt me. It just shows how narrow-minded and insecure you are. I have no reason to lie so my information is not "garbage". Your baiting me to provide more specific information won't work. I am not as stupid as some of you who provide all of your personal information and then whine when someone mentions it.

You seem to be very jealous that I have been successful. It must be a really sad life to always assume the worst about people and surround yourself with such negativity. You are a very petty, insecure person. Living with such suspicion must make you very bitter and lonely. When you know more about my life than I do, come back and talk to me. Until then, your constant immature assumptions are of no use to me or anyone else.
----------

WHEN YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT MY LIFE THAN I DO, COME BACK AND TALK TO ME. UNTIL THEN, YOUR CONSTANT IMMATURE ASSUMPTIONS ARE OF NO USE TO ME OR ANYONE ELSE!!! DONE!!!!!!
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#94204 Jan 21, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Well sweetie I know what I do and what I don't do. I didn't lie about anything. Sorry you and others here only have the word lying to try to back up your statements up with.

........Just like you claim liberals have the word racist.......

PAGE 4065 post number 94093 NEVER HAVE I MADE THIS CLAIM!!!

How about getting with the subject and stop with the critic of people you know nothing about. Or we can just keep on keeping on with a nonconstructive dialog.
from page 4065 post number 94039.........Never have I made claims to liberals being racist as YOU state above! THAT was you in YOUR post-your claim. Are you this ignorant or what?

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#94205 Jan 21, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to do that to gain members. They only have about 1 in 10 gun owners as members now. That is plenty of room for expansion. All they have to do is real in the rhetoric a little bit and they will. But the best and fastest way he is to push the politicians and make them scream "gun control" real loud and people will flock to their ranks.
As I said, I need their support but right now I am not a member - yet.
All you really need is the support of a hepatologist. Thank ObamaCare for that.

He built that!
1 post removed

United States

#94207 Jan 21, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
do you honestly realize how many 'parents' would be jailed if the combined might of ALL govts were used to enforce THAT law/idea?
only about one in three or two most Fri/Sat nights in Any City, USA!
at this stage of our single parent (moms) geneolgy (third or fourth generation), grandma is going clubbing or boyfriend-trolling, too! maybe even those great-grandmas that can still get into 'skinny' jeans!
the notion of minor children meaning that their sires and dams now stay home and act like responsible parents has come and gone for far too many of our MOST at risk kiddies.
maybe we need some NEW laws?lol
I don't think that parents will be jailed by the droves but rather fined and thrown into a child welfare program that will cost lots of money.
1 post removed
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#94209 Jan 21, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>No lies just an inconvenient truth for you. By the way I didn't call you a racist but that's ok if the word fits you then go ahead and wear it.
I referred to the word racist being used so much it has no power...per your side. I simply added the word lie which is sooo over used by your side as well, having no power.
Now twist away.
Say that again! Inconvenient lie! I NEVER made claims as to anyone being racist! YOU need to shut up SWEETIE! You lie way to much and spin TOO often! NOW I am DONE with you! Please drop your crap.
1 post removed

“and I don't care....”

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#94211 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Californian!!!!
Betcha by golly Wow!.... I knew that.......

CALIFORNIA!!!!

http://youtu.be/aOh5107lr40
the ADDICTS

Religion made them human

#94212 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is not so much about gaining members anymore, They have the gun industry deeply invested in their pockets. This is why I claim that the NRA now advocates for the sales of guns in the USA.
They're only doing what the gun lobby wants.
I never once implied that I was against that. That hoodrat gneeza was the one who wants to play stupid on this issue.
In its early days, the National Rifle Association was a grassroots social club that prided itself on independence from corporate influence.
While that is still part of the organization's core function, today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.
The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-industry-f...
"They're only doing what the gun lobby wants."

They are a nonprofit mouthpiece of the profitable gun industry.
1 post removed
SGT Rock101

Gretna, LA

#94214 Jan 21, 2013
Some kinda failure this Obama dog has given us. He cured the banking problem, so we can make mortgage loNS AT LESS THA 4%(THAT HASN'T HAPPENED SINCE THE LATE 50'S EARLY 60'S). Aand they advertise for loan applicants all over the TV and cable channels.

For the first time since 1949 this nation exports more oil than it imports (that means were are petroleum independent---A BIG SECURITY CONCERN)!!! Aand that was done by the good works of a department radical tea party repuublicans want to disband -- the Energy Department. That department was able to do so by developing enhanced oil field recovery techniques (horizontal drilling). A complerte indepence in natural gas (energy department developed techniques and process' of fracking shale gas).

And he got Bin Laden when that other guy would not!

In case any of you conservitive ninnys are going to comment on this you best remember that manufacturing life blood is nTURAL GAS. It runs everything in factorys. Jobs follow the energy folks, thats a fact little know or discussed. Cheap energy right under your feet. Aand Obama rode trail boss on that with the highest number of rigs operating , EVER, in the US. Right now !!!

Hell, you can see the light from thousands of flairing oil and gas wells in the Dakota's from space. No republican ever made that happen in the US before.

Other than squeezing the life outta retirement funds at companys bought out, what the hell did Blain and Romney ever do? Besides make Romney and a few other multi millionaaires and thousands paupers?

I like this guy Obama. Maybe they'll change the constitution and let him run for a 3rd term. I'll damn sure vote for that, and him.
1 post removed
higgans

Avon, IN

#94216 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a bigoted American like you feels the need to tell other Americans what they can and cannot do with their concept of Americanism.
I don't tell you or force you to speak Spanish, eat tamales and swing at the pinata so don't tell me how I should live my life as an Hispanic-American.
truth hurts...
yes, IT does.
I didn't tell you to do anything, did I?
I just said what people call themselves tells where their sense of 'belonging' is and who's loyalty to ONE nation might be suspect.
it's like those true-blue patriots that fly another nation's flag next to the American flag... or above it.
that okay with you, too,'amigo'?
tell me, seriously, how many masters can one citizen serve?
why not, "I'm an American... of Hispanic descent."?
maybe it's just a sore issue with us angry, old white men of OBVIOUS European descent (where the heck else?).:)
but, then again, black folk are obviously overwhelmingly African descendents and brown folks are Latino, yello = Asian. why the labels?
is it like big cars and big guns? a 'compensation' thing?
I just had a funny thought.... for years and years, minorities fought against having 'Race' check boxes on apps. now, they label themselves whenever possible!
and some of the names they 'label' their kids with!
even though I think, label and project myself as BEING different, don't YOU dare think of me as DIFFERENT.
confused MUCH?
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#94217 Jan 21, 2013
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text> from page 4065 post number 94039.........Never have I made claims to liberals being racist as YOU state above! THAT was you in YOUR post-your claim. Are you this ignorant or what?
SORRY .... it IS page NUMBER 4055 NOT 4065

post number 94039

Religion made them human

#94218 Jan 21, 2013
Hispanic America wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a man or woman?
Crossdresser
1 post removed

Religion made them human

#94220 Jan 21, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't have the right to ask someone if they're male or female you hypocrite!
Sure he does. You have the right not to answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016 POTUS Race Odds: Trump losing BADLY 1 min Fit2Serve 1
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 min Into The Night 11,975
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Into The Night 60,126
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,902
News Clinton scores prized endorsement from Gov. Jer... 6 min spud 36
News The Republican Party is dead 6 min serfs up 1,803
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... 6 min WeTheSheeple 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Nuculur option 1,395,880
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 17 min serfs up 349
News Trump's 'unlimited' wealth may not be enough to... 26 min Chilli J 90
More from around the web