The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 403803 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Vorenus

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Nov 09

Mount Vesuvius

#69773 Dec 7, 2012
Payback's a [email protected]!

Maher: Send Koch bros a 'f--k you'

Bill Maher blogged on Friday that President Barack Obama should use a fiscal cliff deal as a “personal f—k you” to the Koch brothers by doing something about global warming.

In a post Friday, Maher wrote:“Since we’re looking for new revenue streams that aren’t income taxes, Obama should use this budget crisis — if you can call it that — to do something about global warming with a carbon tax.”

He continued:“This may be his last and only chance to do something big since cap and trade didn’t work. And it would be just desserts for the oil and coal industries that went all in for Mitt Romney, a nice little personal f—- you to the Koch brothers.”

The host of HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” also wrote that he thinks Americans have confused the debt ceiling with what it means to go off the fiscal cliff.

Maher wrote:“Going off the fiscal cliff means paying off our debt by raising taxes and cutting government spending.”

He added:“Everybody knows that more government spending — whether it’s in the form of tax expenditures or social services, helps the economy grow. But you have to balance that with not letting your budget get out of hand.”

Since: Jun 10

Redwood City, CA

#69774 Dec 7, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-explanatory !!! WoW :)
And again,

I wasn't talking to you. That makes YOU the trouble maker.

You're so dumb you don't even know what "self-explanatory" means. LOL!

Grow up, you stupid troll.

Redwood City, CA

#69775 Dec 7, 2012
Back in Black wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody junks up a thread like you do. You're such a vile POS. Why don't you choke on your vomit tonight about 2AM?
You first, you freak of nature.
Back in Black

Thailand

#69776 Dec 7, 2012
Back in Black wrote:
We love to get our upturned and well lubricated asses filled by our top man, Obama!!!
You do? And here I thought that y'all tallibaggers was against sodomy.

BTW: The real Back in Black moved sweaty.

Redwood City, CA

#69777 Dec 7, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, them roustabout righties seem to be quite vengeful in their nature.
If it's not "gay", it's "Hispanic", if it's not "Hispanic", it's "black" if it's not "black" it's "Asian" if it's not "Asian" it's "native Americans", if it's not "Native Americans" it's "liberals", if it's not "liberals", it's "jews", if it's not "jews", it's "Catholics", if it's not "Catholics", it's "midgets/little people", if it's not "midgets/little People", it's "circus performers in general", if it's not "circus performers in general", it's " Muslims", if it's not "Muslims", it's "ninjas", if it's not "ninjas" it's "leprechauns" if it's not "leprechauns" it's "Lawyers", if it's not "lawyers", it's "mailmen", if it's not "mailmen", it's "railroad workers", if it's not "railroad workers", it's "Democrats", if it's not "Democrats", it's "ambulance drivers", if it's not "ambulance drivers", it's "talk show hosts", if it's not "talk show hosts", it's.....It's..well you get the point.
There's something very evil about these right-wing nuts. Twice in the last week now I've been told to "shoot yourself" and now "choke on your own vomit."

Now you know damn well, if any of us had posted such things to one of the hypocrite conservatives here, they'd be jumping up and down and screaming bloody murder over it and whining to Topix.

All they do is live to hate, and I suspect many of them hate to live.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#69778 Dec 7, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an insult to veterans with PTSD. Really! You think that PTSD is like a light switch that one can turn on and off when convenient. It's because of pigs like you that many in society think that PTSD is a joke. Creep!
It certainly is no joke. I know for sure, but like you said:
"
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we can't change stupid - we hit 'em where it hurts.
And in light of the fact that I have been in denial all of these years, according to you lefties here and elsewhere. it's time to do something about it. Don't ya think? Its those like you and ilk that once pelted me with tomatoes as a welcome home gesture. It's those like you that didn't support our nation then and it is those like you that don't support it now. It is those like you that are the "creeps". It is those like you that still advocate for our nation's demise so FU and the rest of your ilk. F**k your messiah Obama too.
And BTW, he still is failing.
Back in Black

Thailand

#69779 Dec 7, 2012
Back in Black wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Why don't you join USMail & I on a little bit of what we call a "Veal Run".
We find a playground where no parents are watching the flock and we swoop in and nab a couple to take back to our "den" and have our way with the little Munchkins?
I promise, once you go young you never settle for anything less.
Ashburn VA was crowded.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#69780 Dec 7, 2012
Back in Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is great! Isn't it eagle?
I don't care but tell that to your fellow Americans next year and on 2016.. You support it thats great I simply don't..

Eagle
Back in Black

Thailand

#69781 Dec 7, 2012
Oh, Don't bother running to Thailand. I'm moving again. Oh, and I'm gonna change names too. Care to guess what the next name will be?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#69782 Dec 7, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
that ALL "you" GOT ...
wimpy ... wimpy ... wimpy ...!!!
^_~
I'm kinda afraid to post something that will push you any farther over the edge than you already are.....
American Lady

Newburgh, IN

#69783 Dec 7, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't. You should though, because you can't joust. There's no adequate rebuttal to CEO's here making 475X workers when you look at the rest of the civilized productive world, now is there? Nope. Didn't think so. That's especially true when you recognize how MANY working Americans earn so little they NEED social welfare support in order to survive. Something's really wrong with that picture, Ralff, and don't even pretend you don't know it too. Corporations have passed their traditional responsibilities along for taxpayers to handle. I don't like that program, and you shouldn't either.
WHAT about ALL the ceo's of Wall Street that got their billions ???
==========
Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein Wants Seniors to Get Less
Source: Huffington Post
By Ethan Rome
November 28, 2012

The hypocrisy of Lloyd Blankfein, a Wall Street banker, and other corporate leaders who have inserted themselves into the debate over major tax and spending decisions under consideration in Congress is nothing short of repugnant.

Blankfein's Goldman Sachs got billions from the federal government during the Wall Street bailouts, enabling him to hold a job that paid him $16.1 million in 2011, and now he wants the rest of us to take a pay cut -- now and in the future.

Referring to Social Security, he told CBS, "You're going to have to do something, undoubtedly, to lower people's expectations of what they're going to get." That's a second-rate vision for a first world country, and we just voted for a lot better than that.

Blankfein is one of many Fortune 500 CEOs who joined together under the name "Fix the Debt," a campaign to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid to address the federal deficit during the fiscal showdown. This group of more than 90 CEOs is pushing cuts to middle-class programs while shielding millionaires, billionaires and big corporations from tax increases.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/...

THE FISCAL CLIFF DEAL IS WALL STREET’S LATEST SCAM

It’s like a Woodstock for plutocrats, or an Avengers for the avaricious: The CEOs of America’s largest corporations have banded together to lecture us on the importance of debt reduction. And despite their lack of qualifications and their very obvious self-interest, the media can’t get enough of them.

Why? They’re not experts in economic policy. Quite the opposite, in fact. Many of them got where they are by persuading people to buy overpriced crap that’s bad for them. So a better way to look at this seemingly endless PR campaign would be to say: There they go again.

http://www.occupy.com/article/fiscal-cliff-de...

Redwood City, CA

#69784 Dec 7, 2012
Back in Black wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Why don't you join USMail & I on a little bit of what we call a "Veal Run".
We find a playground where no parents are watching the flock and we swoop in and nab a couple to take back to our "den" and have our way with the little Munchkins?
I promise, once you go young you never settle for anything less.
Reported to the police for planning molestation and pedophile activity.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#69785 Dec 7, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your Firm are the reason why Louie Gohmert opposed striking the term "imbecile" from federal statute.
Thank you. You continue to strengthen my case.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#69786 Dec 7, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's something very evil about these right-wing nuts. Twice in the last week now I've been told to "shoot yourself" and now "choke on your own vomit."
Now you know damn well, if any of us had posted such things to one of the hypocrite conservatives here, they'd be jumping up and down and screaming bloody murder over it and whining to Topix.
All they do is live to hate, and I suspect many of them hate to live.
Righties seem to think in terms of,

" if you're not with me, you're against me ".

Anything and everything that doesn't register as "like them", is a threat of epic proportions. They have an overactive "scaredy cat" region of the brain. Imho

The poster responsible for those posts will one day wonder why they couldn't just stop being an A hole.
American Lady

Newburgh, IN

#69787 Dec 7, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>There's no contradiction in your Pagan custom! Most Christians love the tradition. LOL But, beyond that, I just believe people need to understand that not having a religion doesn't mean not having morals. It's often the contradiction in moral values that scares otherwise interested human beings from considering any religion. Maybe it's just faith we need to have. You won't fade to black unless you're convinced you'll fade to black.
Maybe it's just faith we need to have.
==========

WHERE do "you" THINK "Faith" comes FROM ... FrQQT LQQp ???
``````````
As Christians we should never use the word faith for a worldly based event.

So how do we find out what faith is? We should always first go to the Bible to see if It offers us a definition of any term or concept under consideration. In Heb 11:1 we indeed read a Biblical definition of faith: "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen". This verse tells us that faith is a conviction that we have regarding something that allows us to be able to act on it as if it were assured of happening. But where does such assurance come from? A lot of people have the above scripture memorized but then when you ask the question about where does faith come from, you either get a "I don't really know" or somebody saying that it comes from within with the implication that faith is something we develop ourselves.

Now let us go to the Bible and see if It tells us where faith comes from. Heb 12:2 says "...Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith". And Rom 12:3 says " ... God has allotted to each a measure of faith.” These two verses clearly tell us that faith is not something that we do or a presence of mind that we develop, but that faith is a gift from God. Rom 10:17 says " ... faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of Christ." So faith is a gift from God that we receive from the word of Christ, which in this dispensation we get from the Bible rather than from a burning bush. So in His time He will allot faith to us as needed from the word of the Bible. In 2 Cor 10:15 we see that faith can grow, so as we study the Bible God can add to our faith.

http://livingtheology.com/Faith.htm
Back in Black

Kansas City, MO

#69788 Dec 7, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care but tell that to your fellow Americans next year and on 2016.. You support it thats great I simply don't..
Eagle
Thanks to Obamacare, millions of toothless haters have expanded dental benefits through their medicaid and state supplemental medical cards. Smile!

Vorenus

Mount Vesuvius

#69789 Dec 7, 2012
What is the fiscal cliff? It's basically a built-in punishment if Congress and the President don't do their homework. Since they couldn't get a deal done last year, this is what they agreed to do in 2011 in order to raise the debt ceiling: come January 2013, automatic tax hikes and spending cuts would kick in that would be so large ($800 billion, according to the CBO) and abrupt that everyone pretty much agrees it'd send the economy back into recession. The Bush tax cuts expire. Obama's payroll tax cut expires.$55 billion cut from defense spending and $55 from nondefense discretionary spending. Basically, we'd be taking a good deal more out of paychecks and whacking government spending at the same time, which is going to do real damage. And if the Republicans could blame it on Obama they'd probably be for it. But chances are they'll get blamed, so they aren't.

So the President and John Boehner have to go golfing again. And these two do not have a relationship like Reagan and Tip O'Neill. Most of what they're fighting over is, of course, the tax cuts for the wealthy. Obama wants to extend the middle class tax cuts, but feels that we can't afford the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy and that those have to go back to Clinton-era rates. He also ran on this and won. Also, about two-thirds of Americans agree with him.

Republicans, of course, pretend that all that stands between us and darkest night are tax cuts for job creators, and that even though the Bush tax cuts are a huge contributor to the current deficits they say they despise, they're also perfectly crafted and must never be touched. Make sense? I didn't think so.

Interestingly enough, the CBO put out a report saying that tax hikes on the rich really don't hurt the economy the way Republicans contend: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans, and maintaining rates for the less affluent, would not hurt U.S. economic growth much in 2013."

And this goes to the larger problem everyone is talking about post-election: Republicans live in their own world, where the key to job growth isn't anything but lowering tax rates for job creators. That's not their belief based on evidence. It's their religion based on faith. And the non-partisan number crunchers at the CBO are saying, "No, that's not really true." It shaves a fraction of a point off GDP growth, and in return you get about $1 trillion in revenue over the next ten years.

Hmm. Non-partisan number crunchers say one thing, Republican Party says another thing is true, and blows off the number crunchers. Where have we seen this before?

Now, the inability for our government to deal with this stuff is a real problem. It spooks the markets. It's already spooking the markets. They're going to need to do a deal. But in the past Republicans have basically held the economy hostage for tax cuts for the wealthy. When these deadlines neared, and ratings agencies started downgrading us, and the markets started tumbling, Obama gave in. Maybe that was smart, maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was all he could do. But now it's different. He holds the cards now. He won the election on this.

Some are arguing for Obama to hold his ground, even if it means we go over the cliff a little bit. Because this time everyone will know who to blame. It'll be like when the Republicans shut down the government thinking it would make Clinton look bad, but it ended up backfiring.

The threat of tanking the economy is the only card the Republicans have to play. Obama is proposing a middle-class tax cut for the 98 percent of Americans who make less than $250,000 a year, letting the Bush tax cuts expire for those earning more. If the Republicans block it, everyone's taxes will rise on Jan. 1.

So that's where we are. Let the golf outings begin.

Bill Maher
2 posts removed
American Lady

Newburgh, IN

#69792 Dec 7, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I wasn't even going to mention that the "Christmas tree" did start out as a pagan tradition.
Little revelation about my personality...
My grandmother used to paint intricate Christmas scenes on glass bulbs to hang from the tree.
Before she passed she made sure everyone in the family had one with artwork that related special to that person.
On one side mine has a beautiful winter scene...on the other it says "bah-humbug".
What can I say.
c/p "bah-humbug"
SOoooooooooooooo "you" decided to go with THAT, huh ???*_*
Do "you" EVEN know WHAT it means ???
==========

Bah Humbug!
Scrooge's Christmas Carol

Come share the magic of this wonderful musical adaptation of everyone’s favorite Christmas classic! Bill Francoeur’s original music beautifully accompanies this uplifting retelling, enriched with ample female roles. "Bah, Humbug!" Ebenezer sings, dooming himself to visits from three Christmas spirits. With the first ghost, he sees his sister Fanny as they sing "One Last Christmas." Next, Scrooge is taken to the home of his employee, Beth Cratchit, where Tiny Tim sings "God Bless Us, Everyone." Finally, Scrooge watches as the entire town celebrates with "He’s Dead and Buried!" Ebenezer’s revelation that "Life Was Meant to Live" brings a heart-warming conclusion to Dickens’ beloved tale. If desired, female roles can easily revert to traditional male roles.

http://www.pioneerdrama.com/SearchDetail.asp...

Ebenezer Scrooge
A Christmas Carol character

Ebenezer Scrooge is the principal character in Charles Dickens's 1843 novel, A Christmas Carol. At the beginning of the novel, Scrooge is a cold-hearted, tight-fisted and greedy man, who despises Christmas and all things which give people happiness. Dickens describes him thus: "The cold within him froze his old features, nipped his pointed nose, made his eyes red, his thin lips blue, and he spoke out shrewdly in his grating voice ..." His last name has come into the English language as a byword for miserliness and misanthropy, traits displayed by Scrooge in the exaggerated manner for which Dickens is well-known. The tale of his redemption by the three Ghosts of Christmas (Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, and Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come) has become a defining tale of the Christmas holiday. Scrooge's catchphrase, "Bah, humbug!" is often used to express disgust with many of the modern Christmas traditions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Scrooge
----------

"atheists" SAY!!!

Bah Humbug, Arguing Against Christmas:
What is Humbug?:

The phrase “Bah, Humbug” is today connected solely to Christmas due to Charles Dickens’ character Scrooge, and most people think it represents a general denunciation of others’ having a good time. The word humbug actually means “something intended to deceive, a fraud; an impostor; nonsense, rubbish; pretense, deception.” This word has value which should be reclaimed, and the purpose of this exercise is to point out some of the pretense, deception, and nonsense in modern Christmas celebrations.

http://atheism.about.com/od/christmasholidays...

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#69793 Dec 7, 2012
Back in Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to Obamacare, millions of toothless haters have expanded dental benefits through their medicaid and state supplemental medical cards. Smile!
I guess you would know about medicaid and their benefits.. I have no clue..

Eagle
1 post removed

Vorenus

Mount Vesuvius

#69795 Dec 7, 2012
Sore Losers

By Bill Maher

Fifty-nine million Americans voted for Mitt Romney. Don't ask me why. Why do they keep seeing Nicholas Sparks movies? Because white people are fucked up, that's why.

Who shops at the Hallmark Store? Who's smoking all the meth? Who's watching Duck Dynasty -- a reality show about rednecks who make duck calls? It gets higher ratings than 30 Rock or Homeland and I can't prove they're white and stupid, but someone's watching it...and it ain't Cornel West.

The fact is, there are people who didn't vote for Obama, and some of them are taking it pretty poorly.

Can white people hold a grudge? Ask anyone with Confederate flag mud flaps. Ask Mel Gibson how he feels about the crucifixion and Jews.

The White House website has a feature called "We The People." You click on it and see Joe Biden eat ice cream, totally nude. No you don't. You click on it, and any yahoo can submit a petition about issues that are "mportant" to the country. Since the election, petitions have been submitted from all 50 states to secede from the union. The Texas petition has over 100,000 signatures, followed closely by the petitions from Louisiana, Florida, Georgia and Alabama. Which is remarkable because, to submit a signature, you have to be able to write.

The Texas petition reads:

"The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights, such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

Of course, I can understand breaking up the United States over the TSA. Because what real Texan wants someone at the airport finding out how small his dick is? But isn't it odd that it only became a problem after Obama was reelected? Was Mitt Romney going to get rid of the metal detectors at the airport? Is it because they interfered with his titanium endoskeleton?

Or are Texans just chronic sore losers? There was another time they lost some battle, but I can't remember its name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 231,037
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Aquarius-WY 1,458,530
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 min TomInElPaso 2,085
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min petrol 4,696
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 10 min TRUMP WINNERS 22,459
News Dictionary.com's word of the year: "Xenophobia" 12 min Captain Yesterday 21
News Trump heads to Long Island for lavish costume p... 13 min Lawrence Wolf 13
News This election has divided the country. Getting ... 15 min Lawrence Wolf 1,025
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Carl Childers 253,199
News Trump slams SNL again: "Totally biased," "unwat... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 23
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr Philosophic 190
More from around the web