The President has failed us

There are 328511 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#69471 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??????????
Yes, really.
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#69472 Dec 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Retired is code for "mooching off the government"...... a 47%er!!
LOL!!!!
....no THAT 47% voted for your man silly!

You have a nice week end- Rico. You and I called a truce way back! Did you forget? How old are you by the way? You seem so mixed up in the last few posts to me- today!
1 post removed
whatthehey

Austin, TX

#69474 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
We are very clear on who won. There is no refusal to face facts. Actually, that is exactly what we are doing. Facing the facts!
Yes WE are! Have a nice week end!

So long ALL you good Americans who love living by our constitution!

Tell American Lady...OR she will read.........Santa is NOT holdup in Texas! He has left the state was a fake! BUT, we got the real one NOW- from Santa Claus, Indiana!

Location hidden

#69475 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get over it!!! My God! You all run everything into the ground. I defended a friend/poster based on the post I saw! That is it! You and your friends defend one another all the time. Move on!!!
No..I really don't. You "defended" a friend's post with twists and manipulaiton. In defending her post you defended the sentiment it expressed therefore the issue is still being debated. Now you want to claim that I'm "running it into the ground" because you have no real argument to defend your position?

I'm afraid you may have gotten the impression that you can order others around. This is in error on your part. I'll "move on" when I decide to, not at your command. ;)

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#69476 Dec 7, 2012
Has the government replaced Santa?

Even Santa can’t find a job
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sad-santas-c...
1 post removed

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#69478 Dec 7, 2012
73% of New Jobs Created in Last 5 Months Are in Government

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/73-new-jobs-c...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#69479 Dec 7, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was addressed to X-Man. Butt out, you trouble-making twit.
Oh, and you NEVER respond to a post not directed to you! LMAO!!!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#69480 Dec 7, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
credit? as in too easy to get a mortgage? under FG guidelines?
too easy for the FG to borrow ALL of US into $16+ Trillion in Nat'l Debt?
too much credit as in OUR FG borrowing to conduct the past THREE illegal, UNdeclared Wars?
me and u borrowing too much?
WHAT CREDIT?
idiots....
You're ranting. Regardless of which name you post under, you rant, and to the eye of any casual observer, you're hysterical. Hysteria never did much when it requires cool heads to deal with hot issues.

We're still standing. We have a long way to go to recover our economy, but it really wasn't Obama who put us on the scrap heap, and deep down inside and in the back of your stewing brain, you already know this. The Republicans didn't offer a viable solution or even make much of an effort to show an all inclusive formula. That was on them. Did they learn a lesson? Doesn't look that way right now. We'll see. But, if they let us go over the fiscal cliff in favor of protecting the wealthiest against tax increases, you can bet they'll pay more down the road. The wealthy may have started class warfare, but I assure you, they will lose this battle as long as every American who is eligible has a vote that counts.

Again, George Bush boasted about the fact that he had put more Americans onto the roles of home ownership than any previous president. His policies were largely responsible for the bad loans made to unqualified buyers in conjunction with the greed of realtors, bankers and Wall Street. Easy credit made it easy for Americans to overspend. I wasn't part of that program, and I don't suffer from it today. That's just one reason I support recycling what we already have in America rather than scrapping it. We're far too wasteful with our "stuff". Of course, the crap that's made in China is designed to break and be unfixable and end up on a junk heap somewhere. But, scientists tell us that if the boats stopped coming, we'd still have enough "stuff" in America to last us for fifty years.

Where we disagree is in how we should approach reducing the deficit. You're inclined to stopping social welfare that makes life livable. I'm inclined to go after corporate subsidies and tax credit for rich folks. Now, if you don't think we have a real problem with opportunity in America, you only have to look at the ratios of CEO pay vs. worker pay in the U.S. and compare it with other first world nations:

USA 475/1
Japan 11/1
Germany 12/1
France 15/1
Italy 20/1
Canada 20/1
South Africa 21/1
Britain 22/1
Mexico 47/1
Venezuela 50/1

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#69481 Dec 7, 2012
George Zimmerman sues NBC over Trayvon Martin reports

Lawyers for George Zimmerman filed suit today against NBC Universal Media over a well-publicized editing error that portrayed their client in racist terms in his pursuit of Trayvon Martin on a drizzly evening in February.

“NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so to set about the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain,” states the civil complaint in its opening salvo against NBC.

(Also at The Washington Post: Can Zimmerman prevail against NBC?)

NBC’s editing of the 911 audiotape in the Martin case became a public fixation after the media-monitoring Web site NewsBusters.org noted editing oddities on a “Today” show broadcast March 27. Here’s how NBC News portrayed the audiotape:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

Zimmerman thus didn’t volunteer a racial profile of Martin; he was asked to provide it, a point that the lawsuit makes in colorful fashion:“NBC created this false and defamatory misimpression using the oldest form of yellow journalism: manipulating Zimmerman’s own words, splicing together disparate parts of the recording to create illusions of statements that Zimmerman never actually made.”
more media slander at ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...

Location hidden

#69482 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, I feel the same way about the Democrats and Obama! You obviously cannot see the entire picture as in your eyes, Obama can do no wrong!
Wrong, again.

I never said "Obama could do no wrong". I said that Republicans in their arrogance have put all of their energies and focus on destroying the president of this country, above what they should have been doing which is working with him to achieve some sort of stability for all Americans.

Location hidden

#69483 Dec 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she must have a wooden leg and men avoid her like the plague so the internet is the only place she can "get attention".
Have you ever met me Rico????? Don't think so!!! Know me????? Don't think so!!!!

Do I want or need your or Rose's attention????? Don't think so!!!!

Please explain why you are on the internet Rico spewing your nasty crap??????

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#69484 Dec 7, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
No..I really don't. You "defended" a friend's post with twists and manipulaiton. In defending her post you defended the sentiment it expressed therefore the issue is still being debated. Now you want to claim that I'm "running it into the ground" because you have no real argument to defend your position?
I'm afraid you may have gotten the impression that you can order others around. This is in error on your part. I'll "move on" when I decide to, not at your command. ;)
You can smile now, jack is here to cover your bottom ;)

Location hidden

#69485 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffftt!!!!!
LOL

I think Cricket would call this, "Tap dancing"??

Nothing to say? Good, it's a nice change.

Location hidden

#69486 Dec 7, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, OMG...! Hey Rico.... I am the one retired and never been lazy a day in my life. Not too old either, not even old enough to draw SS yet! Never had a flu shot in my life either, but thanks for the info! Walmart do not need to work, as I am retired with 32 yrs. from a fortune 5oo company! Thanks there to, for that bit of info!
Rico you have been most helpful to the WRONG person. You see I never voted for the man who gives out the freebies OR wants to GIVE to the lazy. That be you silly! You still super. at the yard?
Don't you just love how they THINK they really know us????? They are so far off it is ridiculous!

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#69487 Dec 7, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're ranting. Regardless of which name you post under, you rant, and to the eye of any casual observer, you're hysterical. Hysteria never did much when it requires cool heads to deal with hot issues.
We're still standing. We have a long way to go to recover our economy, but it really wasn't Obama who put us on the scrap heap, and deep down inside and in the back of your stewing brain, you already know this. The Republicans didn't offer a viable solution or even make much of an effort to show an all inclusive formula. That was on them. Did they learn a lesson? Doesn't look that way right now. We'll see. But, if they let us go over the fiscal cliff in favor of protecting the wealthiest against tax increases, you can bet they'll pay more down the road. The wealthy may have started class warfare, but I assure you, they will lose this battle as long as every American who is eligible has a vote that counts.
Again, George Bush boasted about the fact that he had put more Americans onto the roles of home ownership than any previous president. His policies were largely responsible for the bad loans made to unqualified buyers in conjunction with the greed of realtors, bankers and Wall Street. Easy credit made it easy for Americans to overspend. I wasn't part of that program, and I don't suffer from it today. That's just one reason I support recycling what we already have in America rather than scrapping it. We're far too wasteful with our "stuff". Of course, the crap that's made in China is designed to break and be unfixable and end up on a junk heap somewhere. But, scientists tell us that if the boats stopped coming, we'd still have enough "stuff" in America to last us for fifty years.
Where we disagree is in how we should approach reducing the deficit. You're inclined to stopping social welfare that makes life livable. I'm inclined to go after corporate subsidies and tax credit for rich folks. Now, if you don't think we have a real problem with opportunity in America, you only have to look at the ratios of CEO pay vs. worker pay in the U.S. and compare it with other first world nations:
USA 475/1
Japan 11/1
Germany 12/1
France 15/1
Italy 20/1
Canada 20/1
South Africa 21/1
Britain 22/1
Mexico 47/1
Venezuela 50/1
"Again, George Bush"
"racist!"
"right-wing extremist"

Yada, yada, yada.

Ho hum....

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#69488 Dec 7, 2012
The partaker wrote:
<quoted text>It was posted by a poster named militia on a now deleted thread. I will leave you alone because I guess i crossed boundaries judging by your response. SORRY.
Well that doesn't surprise me about Militia.

But you must understand how I would be a bit suspicious. I know you've been very supportive and friendly to me recently, but there was also a time when we were at odds with one another.

It's just as easy to send me a message. I hardly think it could be so important that my Facebook name is necessary.

Location hidden

#69489 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up!!!!! You are starting to sound just like Rose!!!!
Shut up?

LOL

Now I'm not sure who or what gave you the idea that you have the power to silence anyone anywhere at anytime but I am here to assure you that you don't.

As for "sounding like Rose"? Well, I take that as a compliment.

Too you, Rose may be many things but I can at least say this about her.

I have never seen her wish misforune for this Country's President and citizens, nor defend someone who did.

;)

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#69490 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and you NEVER respond to a post not directed to you! LMAO!!!
Oh, but I NEVER said that and your comment is as predictable as ever.

I seldom reply to posts that are not directed to me and that are of a more personal nature, but I do and have responded to some. I don't reply to nearly as many as YOU and others do, however. When I see hypocrisy and inferences about me and my friends, I will comment if I so chose.

You do it to instigate trouble when the post isn't even remotely involving you. I'm sure you won't be able to discern the difference here. It's subtle, unlike you.

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#69491 Dec 7, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you just love how they THINK they really know us????? They are so far off it is ridiculous!
They know that and that;s why they make the widazz claims about us. They know that when people see the real us and see the real them they are going to be stiding with us.

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#69492 Dec 7, 2012
The partaker wrote:
<quoted text>how dare you sir!
BURP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Subduction Zone 164,073
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 13 min R12 Freon 2,346
News Ireland same-sex marriage 27 min Fa-Foxy 109
News Rand Paul: Republican brand 'sucks' 51 min American_Infidel 5
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 57 min jimi-yank 309,888
News Pat Robertson Raves About Rubio's 'Strong' Anti... 1 hr swedenforever 6
News Obama wins trade victory in the Senate 1 hr swedenforever 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,233,371
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 3 hr American_Infidel 165
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 4 hr Your Ex 83