The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 390928 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Life Is Grand”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#67706 Dec 3, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>didnt have the $$ to buy a new car.corporate welfare costs far more than the pennies some poor person getting 200$ a month. cutting social programs is pure GREED
No, it is the result of irresponsible wasteful spending by the government. They are the ones who are cutting the programs, not private businesses who benefited from stimulus bail outs. Bail outs that I do not agree with. That was a mess from the get go. GW Bush started the bail outs. Obama continued them.

“Life Is Grand”

Location hidden

#67707 Dec 3, 2012
REWBA IV wrote:
<quoted text>
Increase minimum wage so that people slaving for corporate profit are able to feed their children without being forced to apply for free lunch at public schools.
Isn't that another corporate subsidy? Taxpayers making up for the greedy tightwads failure to feed their own slaves?
Free lunches? Subsidies for low income families? Taxpayer supported retraining for laid off slaves as corporations file bankruptcy dumping their employees and pensioners onto the public dime?
Notice how Hostess executives are now asking for millions in bonuses after they ran their company into the ground?
Personally, I thought that cash for clunkers was nothing more than a gift to bankers, auto manufacturers upper classes. Poor people didn't get anything. The used cars that those wealthy enough to buy a new car turned in got crushed so poor people couldn't even get a good used car out of that deal. Not even good used parts.
Those free lunches are going to illegal non citizens' children.
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#67708 Dec 3, 2012
President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/pres...

“Life Is Grand”

Location hidden

#67709 Dec 3, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be honest with you! I would have no idea how to hide or superimpose a fake one on my avatar.
I originally came on here as Are You Kidding. When I registered with Topix, I changed to Republican Honey. I am sitting in my winter home in Florida.
The part which confuses me is why would I be interested in changing it and why would you or others care if I did? It makes no sense to me!!!
In your profile under your avatar it says what your location is. In red print, it says, "hide my location". Click onto that and your location will be hidden. Just be prepared to get a ration of other scenarios as to why you do not show your location. If you notice, many who accuse you of misdeeds are doing the misdeeds themselves and they have their location hidden as well.

Oh my dear, where has the time gone. LOL. Time to sign out.
Do not let these posters badger you. They are just trying to stop you from discussing the issues.

“Life Is Grand”

Location hidden

#67710 Dec 3, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief lady, if I printed these posts and asked one of my friends to read them the first thing they would say is "get a life".
The majority of the "Conservatives" on these threads are a vile, nasty bunch and it isn't a matter of "giving back" what they get.
The reality is most of them are gone due to being banned for their pizz poor behavior and are just now getting around to reinventing themselves in the form of "innocent" unbiased newbies unaware of the horrible liberals lurking. Pfft. B.S
The anonymity they enjoy here frees them to be who they REALLY are and if YOU don't see that, than you aren't being honest with yourself.
Beyond that.
Nobody cares!
lol
Do you ever let up? Strong independent women must really intimidate you. Get over it, honey, everything will be alright.
The sky is not falling. At least not tonight.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#67711 Dec 3, 2012
gzeena wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why you wake everyday. Sad...
LOL

You are desperate to get a reaction. If there's anyone here that "hates", it's you.

What a loser.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#67712 Dec 3, 2012
- Southern Lady - wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever let up? Strong independent women must really intimidate you. Get over it, honey, everything will be alright.
The sky is not falling. At least not tonight.
LMAO!

Whatever gr, I'd recognize those blowhard neverending rants anywhere.

That unrlenting, sick, malicious desperation to create discord is too recognizable, regardless of how hard you try to mask it.

Have a good night Goat. ;)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#67713 Dec 3, 2012
1 post removed
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#67715 Dec 3, 2012
White House to GOP

Last week, the White House delivered to Capitol Hill its opening proposal:$1.6 trillion in higher taxes over a decade, a possible extension of the temporary Social Security payroll tax cut and heightened presidential power to raise the national debt limit.

In exchange, the president would back $600 billion in spending cuts, including $350 billion from Medicare and other health programs. But he also wants $200 billion in new spending for jobless benefits, public works projects and aid for struggling homeowners. His proposal for raising the ceiling on government borrowing would make it virtually impossible for Congress to block him going forward.

Republicans said they responded in closed-door meetings with laughter and disbelief.

"The administration has put something out that polls well: taxing the wealthy," said Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn. "What they haven't done is anything to deal with entitlements, which is painful, and you're not going to have a deal until that happens."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/2012...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#67716 Dec 3, 2012
Pope John Paul III wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these brothers and sisters Catholic, my son?
Does your cathedra still fit you or do you need a wider one?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#67717 Dec 3, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me! I would never call someone a liar unless I personally knew they were and could back it up!
I usually say bullshit.(Not to you now)
1 post removed

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#67719 Dec 3, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
And why are you here Rose?
She entered the debate after the first 2 pages when Rewba says that everybody knows that any civilized debate ended after the first 3 pages. LOL. Good morning folks, LOL.(civilized ones)
4 posts removed

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#67724 Dec 3, 2012
REWBA IV wrote:
<quoted text>
While we are at it, let's demand that everyone drawing SSDI report to a physician for quarterly reevaluations. That could save taxpayers billions and give lots of new cases for attorneys.
Quarterly would be to often maybe bi-yearly is a idea.. The thing is those with physical disabilities is not going to get better over time only worse.. Now those with a mental disability might improve through some new meds.. But I don't see them being taken off SSD.. SSD does have a work program for those that feel they might be able to rejoin the workforce..

"Social Security work incentives at a glance

Trial work period—The trial work period allows you to test your ability to work for at least nine months. During your trial work period, you will receive your full Social Security benefits regardless of how much you are earning as long as you report your work activity and you continue to have a disabling impairment. In 2012, a trial work month is any month in which your total earnings are over $720, or if you are self-employed, you earn more than $720 (after expenses) or work more than 80 hours in your own business. The trial work period continues until you have worked nine months within a 60-month period. "

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10095.html...

Eagle

Since: Oct 07

Serving sarcasm since 2007

#67725 Dec 3, 2012
whatthehey wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Granny....YOU are no Watson! YOU are fired!
So who else is this person in YOUR mind?
Sorry you went to so much trouble in YOUR thinking! I am only on here AND only "whatthehey"!
Those words were from something I remembered from reading somewhere-only posted parts of it too AND I added my thoughts about the fiscal cliff!
It was in fact from an article called, "WHY HE WON" by James Miller.
Now Granny try your best to just take care of the grand kid/kids and keep your ignorant comments and accusatory remarks to yourself as YOU do not know what YOU are talking about!
Thank you kindly.
Your excuses are not convincing. You plagiarized.
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#67726 Dec 3, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your excuses are not convincing. You plagiarized.
What a whacko you are!!

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#67727 Dec 3, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What did you deduce from watching the story? We should go right back to using dirty needles? No, Eagle. The vials of medicine come in three different sizes. You don't use a fourth of the big vial, bill the government the entire cost and toss the remainder. You order the smaller vials,(based on actual clinical experience and dosage), and if you only need a fourth of the big vial, you use the smallest vial and DON'T bill the government three times as much as is actually used. It has nothing to do with dirty needles, and the nurse and doctor who blew the whistle both knew this was a policy designed to steal taxpayer dollars. Sometimes I think you are disagreeable just to be disagreeable, because there's nothing controversial in what the doc and the nurse witnessed and knew was multiplied hundreds fold across the organization. I, for one, thank them very much for what they're doing. The doctor lost his job. The nurse resigned in protest because nobody wanted to hear the truth or change the wasteful practice. Thank gawd we still have people with ethics. We'll see how this plays out.
Thats a far left viewpoint on the issue.. The company will win the case in the end.. Lets say a patient went to the ER with a HA and a heperan drip is started and only 25% of the bottle is used and the patient dies.. Would you want the hospital to put the rest back on the shelf or discard it?? How many lawsuits are avoided from not reusing used meds?? You keep on about the waste without even finding out the cost of the larger vial compared to a smaller one.. Do you know the difference in cost from 25mg pills of metoprolol to 50mg?? NOTHING is what the difference is..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#67728 Dec 3, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>The child tax credit and the EIC is very often the difference in whether or not a single mother can support her children with a job. This isn't the good old days of benefits and sick leave and vacation days and pensions. Employers pay less for the same jobs, and that is not a living wage for a woman with children. As long as we have women with children, we can subsidize them to sit home doing nothing, or we can afford them tax incentives for contributing and busting butt. I say we encourage them to keep their noses to the grindstone and let them know their efforts shouldn't deprive their children of basic necessities. Those working mothers are also setting an example for their children and teaching them work ethic by demonstrating what it looks like. Harm them, and you harm the children too. When these women give up, they often give in to booze and drugs and create even more dysfunction at home. I disagree with you on both EIC and child tax credit.
Well we just disagree on that point..

Eagle

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#67729 Dec 3, 2012
- Southern Lady - wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true in all cases. Some vials contain enough for several doses. I think it is a situational thing though. If it is from a doctors office, one would have to question if such medicine comes in a single vial doses. Pending on the expiration date and how many patients he sees in office that would require a dose of such medicine.
Like I just posted what is the cost of the larger vile compared to the smaller one??

Eagle

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#67730 Dec 3, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a far left viewpoint on the issue.. The company will win the case in the end.. Lets say a patient went to the ER with a HA and a heperan drip is started and only 25% of the bottle is used and the patient dies.. Would you want the hospital to put the rest back on the shelf or discard it?? How many lawsuits are avoided from not reusing used meds?? You keep on about the waste without even finding out the cost of the larger vial compared to a smaller one.. Do you know the difference in cost from 25mg pills of metoprolol to 50mg?? NOTHING is what the difference is..
Eagle
You seem to have confused common sense with "far left view". Even worse, you have confused a conservative perspective for liberal. Then you use an absurd example in relationship to the allegations about Da Vita tossing hundreds of millions of dollars of costly medicine away. Whose side are you on, Eagle? Corporations or taxpayers? At any rate, I have no idea why you're defending Da Vita.
higgans

Avon, IN

#67731 Dec 3, 2012
Bon Voyage wrote:
<quoted text>"Right now, the only thing preventing us from reaching a deal that averts the fiscal cliff and avoids a tax hike on 98 percent of Americans is the refusal of Congressional Republicans to ask the very wealthiest individuals to pay higher tax rates"
in the Land of Equality, try substituting any of the following words for 'wealthiest': blackest, most female, god-less, Christian, liberal, most Hispanic, newest, oldest, most illegal, etc...
today, OUR FG has decreed 'the wealthiest' MINORITY okay to single out for scorn and UN-equal treatment. who/what group TOMORROW? mine? YOURS?
ain't DEMOCRACY grand?
wish we lived in a Republic ruled by Laws and a Consitution....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,402,788
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 2 min TRUMP FAN 31
News The Latest: Clinton says she'll pick 'very qual... 3 min Brian_G 240
News The Republican Party is dead 3 min Le Jimbo 2,210
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 4 min Nopal 10,327
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 4 min serfs up 42
News RNC Day 3: Cruz booed, Pence nominated 8 min Synque 187
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 9 min woodtick57 5,196
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Uncle Tab 232,665
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 51 min Le Jimbo 956
More from around the web