The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393249 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Rest well Brother

#66379 Nov 29, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the way it will/should be done...
Democrats will NOT renegotiate an extension to Bush's tax cuts and will let them expire for everyone. Then Democrats in Congress will introduce a bill (Feb-Jun 2012) to cut taxes for 98% of Americans and watch Boehner squirm in public trying to defeat the bill because it doesn't include the top 2% income earners.
And if no bill is introduced by June it will be on the dems shoulders..

Eagle

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#66380 Nov 29, 2012
oh boo hoo wrote:
Obama and the national debt will be fun. He can't just BS his way out of it like he's done with everything else.
Reality: It doesn't know (or care) that you're a liberal.
"Reality: It doesn't know (or care) that you're a liberal."
Or if you're a conservative or if you're a radical.
I'm happy for you that you find the National Debt so much fun.

“Natural selection created apes”

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#66381 Nov 29, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Namaste my friend. It's always nice to see you here. I'm sure much of your time is taken, so your taking the time to post is a pleasure to see.
Darsan Namaste my lady. It's good for me to have you around and to read you again.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#66382 Nov 29, 2012
Reid Floor Speech on Use of Filibuster

Remarks as prepared for delivery:
Mr. President, yesterday morning I spoke here about a statement the Majority Leader issued calling the filibuster a “procedural gimmick.”

The Websters dictionary defines “gimmick” as --“an ingenious new scheme or angle.” No Mr. President, the filibuster is not a scheme. And it is not new.

The filibuster is far from a “procedural gimmick.” It is part of the fabric of this institution. It was well known in colonial legislatures, and it is an integral part of our country’s 217 years of history.

The first filibuster in the U.S. Congress happened in 1790. It was used by lawmakers from Virginia and South Carolina who were trying to prevent Philadelphia from hosting the first Congress.

Since 1790, the filibuster has been employed hundreds and hundreds of times.

Senators have used it to stand up to popular presidents. To block legislation. And yes – even to stall executive nominees.

The roots of the filibuster can be found in the Constitution and in the Senate rules.

In establishing each House of Congress, Article I Section 5 of the Constitution states that “Each House may determine the rules.”

For 200 years, we’ve had the right to extended debate. It’s not some “procedural gimmick.”

It’s within the vision of the Founding Fathers of our country. They established a government so that no one person – and no single party – could have total control.

Some in this Chamber want to throw out 217 years of Senate history in the quest for absolute power.

They want to do away with Mr. Smith coming to Washington.

They want to do away with the filibuster.

They think they are wiser than our Founding Fathers.

I doubt that’s true.

###

#####

http://epw.senate.gov/pressitem.cfm...

;~)

Since: Feb 09

Lexington, KY

#66383 Nov 29, 2012
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
If I post a video on YouTube presenting "evidence" that you have sex with sheep, would that make it true?
Anyone can post any doctored crap they want. Try quoting real sources for your coo coo conspiracy theories.
If you want to go with YouTube though, let’s look at some with Mitt Romney, in his own words. This one exposes him as a hypocrite who says one thing at one time, and later contradicts himself at another. He is clearing saying one thing as governor of Mass. and another altogether to get peoples votes later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MofWPexIabcXX
Or maybe this one where he is confronted about believing that the world after the second coming of Christ will ruled jointly from Israel AND "Missouri?!?!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Waa waa waa- obamabot- obama's own grandmother says he was born in kenya, He HIMSELF said he wasn't qualified to be president. You're pitiful. Don't forget to change your screen name when the dust settles...provided the US still has electricity for the internet.

Since: Feb 09

Lexington, KY

#66384 Nov 29, 2012
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama is neither “Kenyan” nor "Muslim." Last time I checked it was a matter of public record that he was born in America, and has attended a Christian church all of his adult life.
Last time anyone not an obamabot checked, those paticular "facts" wouldn't stand a hard look. Try again, obamabot. He even turned down $5 million from The Donald for a copy of his college transcripts.

“Peace”

Location hidden

#66385 Nov 29, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Darsan Namaste my lady. It's good for me to have you around and to read you again.
:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#66386 Nov 29, 2012
LEGAL VICTORY AGAINST OBAMACARE 'MANDATE'
Brief warns feds president's plan could kill women

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/legal-victory-agai...

“Peace”

Location hidden

#66387 Nov 29, 2012
Well I'm out for the night.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#66388 Nov 29, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the lawyer pressed it 2 years before hand their fees would have been lower..
Eagle
Exactly. For papers just sitting on his desk he is getting a pretty good return every month they sit there isn't he?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#66389 Nov 29, 2012
The War at Home, Frances Fox Piven, p45

Over ten years, an estimated $12 to $14 trillion will be lost,[due to Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy] more than enough to pay for the Social Security and Medicare shortfalls combined... The anticipated fiscal storm has led even the International Monetary Fund to worry about the long-run fiscal stability of the United States. The storm could well suck up the money that might otherwise be spent on our major social programs.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#66390 Nov 29, 2012
DID TAMPA SOCIALITE MISLEAD PETRAEUS, PENTAGON?
Her claims of 'mediation' rejected by Quran-burning pastor

Jones said Kelley did not act as a mediator.

The honorary title came up in a 911 call released to the media. During that recorded conversation with police, Kelley complained about trespassers on her property and told the operator that since she was an honorary consul, she was subject to “inviolability.”

Kelley reportedly lost her honorary title this month after reports surfaced that she may have used the position for personal gain.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/did-tampa-socialit...

Just another LIAR!:)

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#66391 Nov 29, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
Yo REWBA! What's happening my friend? LOL! You've fallen victim to the Topix whiners...
My waaaaambulance has arrived. LMAO! They pronounced me sane.

udged:2221
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent people use code to quickly search while idiots spend hours looking.
You are not nice. In fact, you are quite mean spirited and hateful.
You admitted to coming to this thread because of the title
"The President Has Failed US" and you had a desire to talk down to anyone who disagreed with your worldview.
Everyone knows that any civilized debate ends on page one. It might stay together into page two but never makes it to page three before going to he!!. You jumped in after this thread already had over 55,000 posts and more than 2500 pages. You cannot deceive anyone. You wanted to argue. You begged for it. And when we refused to sit here and allow you to spew right wing rhetoric without being challenged, you began to cry foul. We eased up on you and you returned to throwing punches so we punched back until you whined about us meanies being potty mouths. We eased up on being potty mouths and you continued to copy and paste tallibagger rantings. We see through you. You are a hateful old hag who cannot find anyone patient enough to stand and listen to your right wingnut propaganda so you run over here and vent on us. Keep it! We don't want it! We have google! If we wanted to read some tea bag scat, we would google it ourselves. Keep your chain mail spam out of the conversation. Forward it to everyone in your personal address book. They won't mind because they have already marked your email address as junk so it won't make it to their inbox anyway.
I could go on and on but the moderators need a break so I'll cut it off here and spare them the torture.

My reply.

Good morning, RE-ply W-ith B-ack A-tcha.
I agree with your first sentence.
Your second sentence is none of my business because that is between you and her/him.
Your third sentence as well as your fourth sentence:
"Everyone knows that any civilized debate ends on page one. It might stay together into page two but never makes it to page three before going to he!!."
Leads me to a very interesting conclusion.
If I know that "any civilized debate" ends on "page one" and you say "Everyone knows that any civilized debate ends on page one. It might stay together into page two but never makes it to page three before going to he!!."
Then by all measures and standards and by then judging from the amounts of positive judgits based on the first (me making the first) and second comments on just the first two pages of this thread before "going to he!!"..........

Then I won this "civilized" debate"

The President has failed us......
He continues to do so.

Checkmate Rewba!
LMAO!
But laughing with you too.
Now back to the bitchin....He's FAILING!

You're right, we do have google.
Wait till you see what's next.
We ain't gonna make it though. <smirk> Haha.
Who needs the Waaaambulance now.
BTW Obama is still failing. LOL
American Lady

Danville, KY

#66392 Nov 29, 2012
COMMUNIST PARTY USA CELEBRATES OBAMA WIN
Praises blacks, Hispanics, women for working together to defeat 'white people'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/communist-party-us...

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#66393 Nov 29, 2012
Its to funny a banned account is the highest on the leaderboard..

Eagle
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#66394 Nov 29, 2012
AFFLUENT/ CORPORATE WELFARE,

* Military waste and fraud
* Social Security Tax Inequities
* Accelerated Depreciation
* Lower Taxes on Capital Gains
* The S&L Bailout
* Homeowners' Tax Breaks
* Agribusiness Subsidies
* Tax Avoidance by Transnationals
* Tax-Free Muni Bonds
* Media Handouts
* Excessive Government Pensions
* Insurance Loopholes
* Nuclear Subsidies
* Aviation Subsidies
* Business Meals and Entertainment
* Mining Subsidies
* Oil and Gas Tax Breaks
* Export Subsidies
* Synfuel Tax Credits
* Timber Subsidies
* Ozone Tax Exemptions

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#66395 Nov 29, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have to provide medical evidence and documentation whether it's a physical OR a mental disability, and you have to go through the same lengthy process with Social Security. ALL claims are obviously different.
No one said or implied otherwise rose. Quit dreaming stuff up to argue about when there are plenty of real disagreement on issues to work with.
oh boo hoo

Atlanta, GA

#66396 Nov 29, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Reality: It doesn't know (or care) that you're a liberal."
Or if you're a conservative or if you're a radical.
I'm happy for you that you find the National Debt so much fun.
No, what's fun is the fact that we'll have Obama to deal with it. The debt itself, as you point out, will affect all of us - that part will not be fun. Just ask any Argentine or Greek that you know.

Reality has a way of uniting people, even if they're all just huddled together crying, wondering where their money went and wishing they had elected a real leader instead of a huckster politician. I'll be crying right along with them.

I might go into the wheelbarrow business. You'll need those to carry your cash to the grocery store. I remember the photo of the pre-war German lady burning their worthless paper money to keep warm. Do dollars burn easily? We may get to find out!

“ON THE PROWL”

Rest well Brother

#66397 Nov 29, 2012
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>My waaaaambulance has arrived. LMAO! They pronounced me sane.
udged:2221
REWBA wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent people use code to quickly search while idiots spend hours looking.
You are not nice. In fact, you are quite mean spirited and hateful.
You admitted to coming to this thread because of the title
"The President Has Failed US" and you had a desire to talk down to anyone who disagreed with your worldview.
Everyone knows that any civilized debate ends on page one. It might stay together into page two but never makes it to page three before going to he!!. You jumped in after this thread already had over 55,000 posts and more than 2500 pages. You cannot deceive anyone. You wanted to argue. You begged for it. And when we refused to sit here and allow you to spew right wing rhetoric without being challenged, you began to cry foul. We eased up on you and you returned to throwing punches so we punched back until you whined about us meanies being potty mouths. We eased up on being potty mouths and you continued to copy and paste tallibagger rantings. We see through you. You are a hateful old hag who cannot find anyone patient enough to stand and listen to your right wingnut propaganda so you run over here and vent on us. Keep it! We don't want it! We have google! If we wanted to read some tea bag scat, we would google it ourselves. Keep your chain mail spam out of the conversation. Forward it to everyone in your personal address book. They won't mind because they have already marked your email address as junk so it won't make it to their inbox anyway.
I could go on and on but the moderators need a break so I'll cut it off here and spare them the torture.
My reply.
Good morning, RE-ply W-ith B-ack A-tcha.
I agree with your first sentence.
Your second sentence is none of my business because that is between you and her/him.
Your third sentence as well as your fourth sentence:
"Everyone knows that any civilized debate ends on page one. It might stay together into page two but never makes it to page three before going to he!!."
Leads me to a very interesting conclusion.
If I know that "any civilized debate" ends on "page one" and you say "Everyone knows that any civilized debate ends on page one. It might stay together into page two but never makes it to page three before going to he!!."
Then by all measures and standards and by then judging from the amounts of positive judgits based on the first (me making the first) and second comments on just the first two pages of this thread before "going to he!!"..........
Then I won this "civilized" debate"
The President has failed us......
He continues to do so.
Checkmate Rewba!
LMAO!
But laughing with you too.
Now back to the bitchin....He's FAILING!
You're right, we do have google.
Wait till you see what's next.
We ain't gonna make it though. <smirk> Haha.
Who needs the Waaaambulance now.
BTW Obama is still failing. LOL
LOL..

Eagle

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#66398 Nov 29, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That just say Rosie didn't pay in as much as I did or her wait time was less.. As I posted this morning to Ralff I waited for close to two years for a hearing and calling the lawyer from the CCU.. I am now wondering about that backlog and if its not intentional??
Eagle
Gross willful neglect at a minimum but in all likelihood it is the intent of the design of the system to cause the backlog.

I explained earlier how it is to SS's advantage to delay and let some of them give up or die off before getting a cent and by stonewalling until you have to hire a lawyer who will make more money by stalling longer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min John Galt 1,418,164
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min PU your momma hol... 222,409
News No, online polls dona t show a hidden Donald Tr... 1 hr Le Jimbo 22
News The Latest: Minister: Slayings of 8 rocked Ohio... 1 hr Wonder 335
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 239,332
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Chazofsaints 204,836
Self-hate Blacks for Trump 1 hr Selfy 6
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 hr abc 7,590
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 3 hr Quirky 313
News Why Hillary Clinton's shadiness won't be fatal 6 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 72
More from around the web