The President has failed us

There are 20 comments on the Jun 9, 2012, Times News story titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#61551 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney posed for a photo-op so the world could see him "caring".
It was a bad move that was not well received by the American people.
Obama got close to 80% approval for his handling of the storm...Romney's approval was in the 30's and who in the hell cares anyway, Romney ain't president and he never will be.
You're still trying to fight battles you've already lost.
I posted this information as someone else brought it up. Why would you think it was a "photo-op"? You don't think Obama used Sandy as a photo-op?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61552 Nov 17, 2012
November 17, 2012 at 9:19 am

Programmer Under Oath Admits Computers Rig Elections
Clinton Eugene "Clint" Curtis
[testifying]

http://conservativevideos.com/2012/11/program...

Clinton Eugene "Clint" Curtis is a United States computer programmer and ex employee of NASA and ExxonMobil, currently living in Northern California, who worked for Yang Enterprises in Oviedo, Florida until February 2001. Wikipedia
Born: 1958
Education: Barry University

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Curtis

----------
Rep. Tom Feeney
Former Representative from Florida's 24th District

Elected Positions

DATES TITLE REPRESENTING
2003-2009 Representative Florida's 24th District

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/tom_f...
1 post removed

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#61554 Nov 17, 2012
2008bill wrote:
<quoted text>well spoken by a dedicated member of the 47 percent. Free health care, free cell phone, free housing, free food and so much more for another four years.
I work.

I don't bytch and fingerpoint, sheep.

Romney and the conservative 1% received a free asswhooping...Courtesy of the Koch brothers...Man, they gotta be pretty pissed off about all that cash they dumped into that magic underwear.

Funny how you topix bobbleheads claim to be the 1%...

Fkn Hilarious.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#61555 Nov 17, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash: the election is OVER. Romney is sooooo passe!
now it's ALL about Obama. HIS Benghazi, HIS CIA, HIS recession, HIS fiscal cliff, HIS you name it.
especially, HIS deal to make with the Opposition. NO member of the House received anywhere near 60+ million votes. the spotlight is on Obama to SAVE US. that is HIS MANDATE.
let's watch and see how far he moves OUR Country AND in which direction.
to Mother, et al.... EVERY OTHER PRIOR PRESIDENT HAS MANAGED TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND DO SOMETHING WITH THE OPPOSING PARTY. WILL OBAMA BE ABLE TO MEASURE UP?(if the last two years are an indication of Obama's ability, NO HE WON'T. pity....)
If the opposing party refuses to compromise, we will turn them out in the mid-term making it possible for the President to complete his mission in his last two years in office. That's how it will work, and smart Republicans realize that intransigence will get the party nothing but fewer and fewer members. Keep that in mind.
Letters We Get Letters

Fullerton, CA

#61556 Nov 17, 2012
Tea Party Patriots isolated in Northwest

No room for haters

If extreme conservatives like Tea Party Patriot Keli Carender are going to be consumed with anger,“not wanting to be around these (liberal) people” and “glaring at everyone around (her),” then she should move somewhere else [“Surrounded by liberals, tea-party group isolated,” NWTuesday, Nov. 13].

We have no room for haters like Carender here in Seattle and I only hope other parts of the country she mentions feel the same way. It’s time for Carender to put away her anger and instead ask herself why so much of the country is shifting away from values like hers.

If only 18 people show up at your meetings, your group is not a political party, it’s a group of haters. And by the way, if a neighbor puts an American flag in their yard, they're not a “secret conservative neighbor,” they're an American. And being from California is not “a virus.” Like the “lib” bumper sticker says,“Hate is not a family value.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#61557 Nov 17, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official...
--Theodore Roosevelt
Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.
--Calvin Coolidge
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your governmant when it deserves it.
--Mark Twain
Patriotism lies not in blind obedience to authority, but in the desire to search for the truth.
--Ramman Kenoun
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
--James Bryce
Patriotism is a lively sense of collective responsibility. Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on its own dunghill.
-
Richard Aldington

When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and the purity of its heart.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
-
Samuel Johnson

Men in authority will always think that criticism of their policies is dangerous. They will always equate their policies with patriotism, and find criticism subversive.
-
Henry Steele Commager

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#61558 Nov 17, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
must have been too close to the Ohio River and Kentucky.lol
but not proud enough of where u live to show it?:)
I know, u've been 'threatened' by some Web Warrior, right?
Yeah, something like that. I don't need my distant relatives visited by the sociopaths who hang around here.
higgans

Marion, IN

#61559 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the deal. Let's say it's a football game. The coach calls his quarterback over and issues play instructions relevant to 4th and goal. The quarterback signals he's "got the message" and returns to the huddle. Now, the coach is out of it and on the sidelines. All he can do is watch the play take place. Obama issued instructions to those who actually play the game (issue orders in real time) to do everything possible in Benghazi. It then fell to those charged with the job to see that it was done.
About Petraeus: There are laws that prevent the FBI from informing the White House about active criminal investigations in order to keep the agency free from any interference from an Administration. If you want to change the rules, you'll have to start a petition to change the rules and the law. I don't think you want to go there if you give it some thought.
Eisenhower to his staff on June 5th: Do whatever you think necessary.
really, Mother? is that how u envision life/death or military or national security matters are HANDLED by the CinC? he issues an 'order' with wiggle room?
Rico, u were almost in the Navy. is that how YOU thought the military issued orders? Jack, u supposedly were in either the Navy or the Marines, u ever hear of such orders? any of u D/Ds that supposedly served: that how YOU were issued YOUR orders?
what I hear when the Pres speaks of exactly what he supposdly said, I hear the words that will give HIM the most cover for whatever his underlings did or did NOT do.
am I alone?
the same with his sssslooow, carefully worded response about Rice and why/what she told the news outlets. words that leave MUCH room for interpretation, deflection and denial.
take off ur Obama hats and listen as if it were Bush or Romney saying the words. pity...

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#61560 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Romney lost the election because he failed to persuade enough voters that he’d do better at defending and advancing middle-class economic interests..."
Damn straight.
Romney's economic policies were nothing short of offensive.
Yep. I know you took your time to thoroughly assess your options before reaching a decision. I respect that. It wasn't about party loyalty for you, and I recognize that you agonized before deciding to cast your vote for Obama. I'd like to believe more of us really do our homework rather than vote the party. I'm very relieved that we aren't on the Romney program.

Location hidden

#61561 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Romney lost the election because he failed to persuade enough voters that he’d do better at defending and advancing middle-class economic interests..."
Damn straight.
Romney's economic policies were nothing short of offensive.
Washington, D.C.: Over 400 economists ­– including five Nobel laureates (Gary Becker, Robert Lucas, Robert Mundell, Edward Prescott, and Myron Scholes) signed a statement in support of Mitt Romney’s bold economic plan for America, Economists for Romney announced today.

The Economists for Romney statement concludes,“In sum, Governor Romney’s economic plan is far superior for creating economic growth and jobs than the actions and interventions President Obama has taken or plans to take in the future. This November, voters will make a fundamental choice between differing visions of America’s economic future.”

Economists for Romney enjoys wide support. Many of the economists signing the statement have received the profession’s highest honors for their academic work. All have championed economic freedom during their illustrious careers, with some advising U.S. administrations for nearly a half-century.

http://economistsforromney.com/2012/08/14/pre...

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#61562 Nov 17, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
is this TRUE? spirit-duckling, did u just tell a little white lie about being a resident Hoosier? and interferring in Jack and I's in-state debate?
shame on you....lol
No I did not lie, you should know better than to believe anything Meteorite Boy has to say.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#61563 Nov 17, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted this information as someone else brought it up. Why would you think it was a "photo-op"? You don't think Obama used Sandy as a photo-op?
I think it was photo-op because that's exactly what it was.

Romney (or someone on his team) thought it would be a good idea to run to Walmart, buy a few thousand dollars worth of supplies and have the press there to take pictures of Romney himself loading it on the truck.

His concern and compassion may have been real, but that moment was fake and America saw through it.

It was a bad political move and it hurt his image.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#61564 Nov 17, 2012
aero wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm.... you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Where in my post did I deny that Obama was re-elected, fair & square? Nor did I say that I myself had a "clear grasp on how to run this country". What I DID say was that a leader is RESPONSIBLE for whatever happens under his watch. That's not an "elitist attitude". That's been true since Nero was knee high to a duck. It's common sense. It's common knowledge!

There simply are NO organizations in the entire planet of any importance where the leader is exempt from responsibility. That just does not happen... except in Democrat politics. I'd have had a lot more respect for Obama if he'd just come forward and said: "I screwed up. I should have doubled the watch on 9/11. I shouldn't have believe my own PR, namely that killing Osama eliminated Al Qaeda. I should have demanded that my subordinates be extra vigilant and contact me immediately should anything out of the ordinary happen. Since I didn't do those things, good men died. What I will do NOW, however, is admit my failings and tell you the truth, because the American people deserve to know the truth."

Instead, he lied and lied and lied. There is simply NO way in hell the most powerful man on earth, with the most sophisticated communications & intell at his fingertips, was unaware of what went on. The ONLY way that could have happened is if he allowed that system to rust or, worse still, if he simply does not care enough to worry about those kind of things. In the first case he's incompetent. In the second he's morally bankrupt. Either way, he should now be impeached.

Obama is NOT stupid. He knew what was happening almost as it was happening, and tried to lie about it to help him win the election. He won the election, but the lie is now falling apart. As with Watergate, it's not the crime, it's the cover up.

Sorry, but you are backing a selfish amateur with delusions of grandeur. He thinks more about his personal glory than the good of the country. I wish that was not the case. A Colin Powell or Condi Rice would not have behaved so shamefully. Race is not the issue. Character is.

Then, of course, there's still Fast & Furious, unresolved and hidden from the public by Obama himself and NOBODY else. Why is that.... another cover up? Time will tell.
Lies? Really.

It doesn't take me 17 paragraphs to answer you...

Romney is a elitist bobblehead with a narcissistic personality...

His lies and persona are off putting to say the least...Romney's time as governor was a complete and total failure as capitalized by him LOSING the fkn state he was governing, in the election...

Your long winded bullshit rant...

Is moot.
1 post removed

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61566 Nov 17, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington, D.C.: Over 400 economists ­– including five Nobel laureates (Gary Becker, Robert Lucas, Robert Mundell, Edward Prescott, and Myron Scholes) signed a statement in support of Mitt Romney’s bold economic plan for America, Economists for Romney announced today.
The Economists for Romney statement concludes,“In sum, Governor Romney’s economic plan is far superior for creating economic growth and jobs than the actions and interventions President Obama has taken or plans to take in the future. This November, voters will make a fundamental choice between differing visions of America’s economic future.”
Economists for Romney enjoys wide support. Many of the economists signing the statement have received the profession’s highest honors for their academic work. All have championed economic freedom during their illustrious careers, with some advising U.S. administrations for nearly a half-century.
http://economistsforromney.com/2012/08/14/pre...
"Economists for Romney"

A special interest group that had a vested interest in getting Romney elected.

I don't usually do this but....

Pffft!

Find a neutral source and then we'll talk.

:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61567 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent thoughts used in context and not as pretext for disparaging your democratically elected President with lies and slander. If you weren't creating negative scenarios out of whole cloth with no basis in fact, it would be easier to prop you for this group of positive quotes.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official...
--Theodore Roosevelt

Computer Programmer testifies that Tom Feeney (Speaker of the House of Florida at the time, currently US Representative) tried to pay him to rig election vote counts.

Obama's illegal presidency is (officially) starting to come to light.

Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/forum/rigged-usa-elect...

Location hidden

#61568 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, several other posters here do, and I readily acknowledge that and appreciate them very much. You, however, are not among them. Nobody is responsible for what they "got", but everybody is responsible to use what they were given to the best of their ability. A person of average intelligence can graduate college, focus on a goal and achieve great things. That's the part of what America is about that I sincerely hope we never lose - opportunity for all to become the best they can be.
I am thrilled you understand the opportunities available to all of us. I am sorry you never had the abilities to succeed. It is never too late to "focus on a goal and achieve great things". I wish you the best.
higgans

Marion, IN

#61569 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Silly birther. If that resonates in your little pea brain, it would surely be because you're both operating with double digit IQs. While you are to be pitied (and some of us do pity you), you're also quite boring and not much of a challenge.
well, Mother, what fact in my post is WRONG?
an insult for rebuttal? c'mon! u CAN do better than that!!LOL
maybe his personal history and Presidential history IS Bush/Romney's fault?lol
problem is: NO BODY knew jack shyte about this inconsequential coke using/ex-stoner POS until YOUR Prog Dems had him give a speech at their DNC and PUSHED his INEXPERIENCED arse to the fore, in front of the until-then-annoited one, Hillary.
admit it, YOU never heard of HIM until then, did you?
now, go post some more BS about ol' passe Romney....:)
1 post removed

Location hidden

#61571 Nov 17, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was photo-op because that's exactly what it was.
Romney (or someone on his team) thought it would be a good idea to run to Walmart, buy a few thousand dollars worth of supplies and have the press there to take pictures of Romney himself loading it on the truck.
His concern and compassion may have been real, but that moment was fake and America saw through it.
It was a bad political move and it hurt his image.
And how do you know all of this????????

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

#61572 Nov 17, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did not lie, you should know better than to believe anything Meteorite Boy has to say.
I've been skipping most of higgans posts and didn't see what he'd said until I saw the quote you were replying to.

If he thinks we are having an "in state debate" he's an idiot.

There is no debate, higgans is just wrong.
higgans

Marion, IN

#61573 Nov 17, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>51% of American voters chose Obama which includes high income earners and the middle-class. Mostly, it is an amalgamation of people not fooled by Mitt Romney, and more power to them!
Nobody is dedicated to low wages and struggling. They simply find themselves in that group. They are old, students, the working poor, the disabled, the unemployed who once had jobs lost to outsourcing and the Great Recession and some VERY rich folks as well who are included in the numbers "to be dismissed" by Mitt Romney. Guess who got dismissed? ;-)
the poor retired pensioners and the generational welfare ARE the CORE of those voters and ARE THE CONSEQUENCE of several FG programs, starting with SS. u fail to mention that. pity....
c'mon WorkFare!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Scrutiny 187,304
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Jay 179,129
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min DanFromSmithville 160,829
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,220,128
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 10 min the truth is the ... 976
News Political barbs, celebrity-gazing main course a... 13 min Novus Ordo Seclorum 3
News POLL Marco Rubio jumps to the head of GOP 2016 ... 20 min barefoot2626 33
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 24 min barefoot2626 144
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 27 min serfs up 95
News Can Jeb Bush win the GOP nomination by praising... 2 hr barefoot2626 94
More from around the web