The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336227 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33827 Oct 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with you making up shit and/or believing other peoples bullshit and then running with it as if it's a fact. How do you or I know that the business owner was telling the truth when he told Obama that his business is horrible? Where the fk is his proof? Obviously, the smuck business man is weathering the recovering economy, shit cannot be that bad.. right?
So the moral of the story here is that you're going apeshit mad because somebody's capitalizing off the bullshit you said and all the while, your bullshit has yet to even be proven.
It's really funny if you think about it.
You are the one getting your panties in a bunch. I posted a link as to what a 'pool' reporter posted during obama's visit. It is obvious you don't like someone speaking his mind in front of the POTUS. I would believe a small business owner before I would believe what obama tells me "is the truth". Do you think that just because businesses are still in business, they're all doing just fine? Is "just getting by" a good situation to continuously be in as a business? Sounds like you don't believe what a small business owner says about his own business, but you swallow, hook, line and sinker, what obama spews out every day as gospel? You'll believe what left wing "news" sources like huffpo, MSLSD, etc as true without question. After all, those are sources that are just telling you bullshit and then you run with it as fact. How do you know if chris mathews and rachael madcow are telling you the truth? How do you know if arriana fluffington is telling you the truth? Yet, you post crap from them as if it is fact.

Why don't you look up the business info and call the owner and get his viewpoint straight from the horse's mouth if you think "the private sector is doing just fine"? Angry and stupid is no way to go around in life.
higgans

Marion, IN

#33828 Oct 7, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do need to post a link for your claims if you want them to be believed. It's the only way to sift through the all the misinformation that's posted. Opinion is a different matter.
NO, I don't.
who made that rule? Mother duck(er?)?
you DO need to keep yourself informed from many sources, including personal experience, to STAY RELEVANT. but you don't. so?
is it MY fault if u haven't seen the WIDELY played videos that I have?
Life isn't school so don't expect the 'smart kids' to do your home work for you while you 'play' and then SHARE. other words, FY, do your own homework, duckling.
COME ON NOV.

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33829 Oct 7, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you losing control of what you post? YOU posted a claim ranting about "after 15 years of the Bush tax cuts....". I simply asked you where you came up with 15 years of Bush tax cuts. I'm fully aware of the reduced tax rates. So, again, using your info above, where do you come up with "the 15 years of Bush tax cuts" when you clearly(and correctly) state that it started in 2001. Are you not good with math? 2001 through 2012 is only ELEVEN years, NOT FIFTEEN. Comprende, senior?
I must say... you really got me there. 11 instead of 15 years even though I provided you the exact date that Bush signed the Bush Tax cuts on 7 June 2001.

You're a modern day Inspector Gadget with a degree in mathematics.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#33830 Oct 7, 2012
Monopoly Control, Market forces, supply and demand, capitalism.

Get a friggin' grip, histrionic nutcase. You're trying to assign the problem of high gas prices to your President. Get over it. He doesn't control it.
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
HST: the Buck stops HERE.
old adage: if u can't stand the HEAT, stay OUT of the kitchen.
who we gonna blame? Mickey f&$king Mouse?!
Bush IS loooong gone, GET IT?
Clinton is NOT running, GET IT?
Obama's NEW New Deal policies failed (like FDR's), GET IT?
our Nation (not u or me or most States, OUR NATION) is BROKE, GET IT?
we cannot TAX our way out of $1T deficits, GET IT?
the Tooth Fairy is NOT real, GET IT?
neither is the Prog SCUM/Dem Fairy. I GET that. DO YOU?
LORD luv a duck...
COME ON NOV.
Trickle Down Technologies

Fullerton, CA

#33831 Oct 7, 2012
President Obama has earned a reputation as a tech enthusiast, with his White House-issued Blackberry and photos showing him using an iPad. For his part, Mitt Romney's team developed a smartphone app called "Mitt's VP" to announce Paul Ryan as Romney's running mate. Both candidates use Twitter and other social media, and both candidates' campaigns rely heavily on data mining to help find and convert voters.

http://www.informationweek.com/government/pol...
Obama Vs. Romney: 6 Tech Policy Differences
With the 2012 election drawing near, InformationWeek Government compares the tech plans of President Obama and the Democrats and those of Governor Romney and the Republicans.

Location hidden

#33832 Oct 7, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> Walmart didn't provide ANYTHING that wasn't already provided by others. It brought costs down by volume purchase direct from China.
Where do you think "others" products come from? Whether you shop at Walmart or Mom&PopMart, the major source of the products sold at both places are the same. I take more notice at labeling now and if I can buy something that's still made here, I'll pay extra for it. It's a real challenge, though.
1 post removed

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33834 Oct 7, 2012
WARRENs Buffett wrote:
<quoted text> Why shouldn't I know? After all you've titled me the MO Troll. Fishing for personal information? Don't pump yourself up like that, moronic idiot! Happy now?
"Fishing for personal information?"

Evelyn from Omaha, NE, this is hilarious coming from a you, a person who threatens to provide my personal information to my employer simply because I post comments on Topix.
higgans

Marion, IN

#33835 Oct 7, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Monopoly Control, Market forces, supply and demand, capitalism.
Get a friggin' grip, histrionic nutcase. You're trying to assign the problem of high gas prices to your President. Get over it. He doesn't control it.
<quoted text>
nutcase? moi?:)
I thought we were talking about 'blame'. now, u mention control. two DIFFERENT things, yes?
deflect, deflect, quack, deflect....
COME ON NOV.

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33836 Oct 7, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting combination of stupid and hypocrisy you've got goin' on there old man so let me ask you a simple question...
What if I don't want an oil pipeline drippin' nasty across my land?
You see Cricket, I'm both an American and a land owner and here in America we don't like the government telling us what we have to do with our own land even if they compensate us financially.
When the supreme court expanded the governments powers of eminent domain most conservatives saw it as a dangerous and unconstitutional expansion of government and it's power over the private property of American citizens.
Right up until some land owner said "NO" and then it's "take his land, give him some cash and tell him to shut the fk up."
Private rights taken away in favor of the communal will.
You're not a conservative Cricket, you're an ideolog and I can tell you this much, if some oil company wanted to cut down the old growth forest on the back of our farm just to run an oil pipeline they would have a fight on their hands, I don't care how much money they offer.
In short Cricket old friend, kiss my ass and stay off my land!
:)
I wonder how much "eminent domain" is necessary for the Keystone pipeline? How many American families & land owners have to be displaced as a result of the Keystone pipeline?

Senator Mitch McConnell said that the Keystone Pipeline will not cost the taxpayers a penny. So I guess the government is not compensating land owners for expropriating their land?
Its Just a Small Leak

Fullerton, CA

#33837 Oct 7, 2012
Enbridge Inc.(ENB), owner of Canada’s largest oil-pipeline network, seeks to take advantage of surging demand for U.S. dollar-denominated debt to finance projects to pump oil as far as the U.S. Gulf coast.

“We’re looking to expand our capital markets reach in the U.S.,

http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story...
Enbridge Taps US Demand for Pipeline Projects: Canada Credit

Location hidden

#33838 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
I must say... you really got me there. 11 instead of 15 years even though I provided you the exact date that Bush signed the Bush Tax cuts on 7 June 2001.
Well, then why did you keep up your rant with the 15 year bullshit even though you knew it was bullshit? OR, are you really that bad with BASIC math and just thought what you were saying is true? Either way, it makes you look REALLY stooooooopid!!

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33839 Oct 7, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why should you? Why are you asking me where I live?
<quoted text>
Would you prefer the Nebraska Troll? Maybe you should use your registered handle if you don't like the names people refer to you as.
<quoted text>
I'm always happy. You asked me where I live. That is fishing for personal information.
<quoted text>
That's more like it. That's the way you treat many posters here "daily".
Evelyn from Omaha, NE is paranoid about people obtaining her personal info for one reason... look at what she does to me regarding her libelous & malicious threats of compromising my employment simply becuase I post comments on Topix.
higgans

Marion, IN

#33840 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
heck, I just thought u were conceding the election and ADDING the next 4 yrs to the total.lol
nice save, tho... u can't add and so blame the guy that got ur error. WOW.:)
tell me, do u guys go to school to learn these tactics? how long? do they go 24/7? can any one go or does one need an 'in' to get in?
any age limit... I mean, are minors (8, 10, 12 yr olds) welcome OR preferred? ya' know, like Hitler Youth, etc...:)
COME ON NOV.

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33841 Oct 7, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Where DO you live? LOL Seriously, at least tell me what region, if you care to.
I heard he lives on top of old smokey, all covered with snow.

lol

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33842 Oct 7, 2012
WARRENs Buffett wrote:
<quoted text>I don't register because it's NOT a requirement. Now pick on someone else.
You don't register because then we could keep track of your bans.

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#33843 Oct 7, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, I don't.
who made that rule? Mother duck(er?)?
you DO need to keep yourself informed from many sources, including personal experience, to STAY RELEVANT. but you don't. so?
is it MY fault if u haven't seen the WIDELY played videos that I have?
Life isn't school so don't expect the 'smart kids' to do your home work for you while you 'play' and then SHARE. other words, FY, do your own homework, duckling.
COME ON NOV.
You're not looking at this right. I assume you are posting to make a point - so posting a link will give your point the weight it needs to have an effect. We all read, we can go Googling after your every post - but we likely won't. It's for your sake as well as others, it gives you credibility, puts the judgment on the article instead of you.
Plus, it's a matter of courtesy on these threads.

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33844 Oct 7, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not being "picked" on. You're not a victim. You posted to me like usual. If you can't handle the reply's don't initiate the dialogue.
She reminds me so much of Torchwood. The constant threats to my employer, the stalking allegations and it's funny becuase she comes here and maintains a dialogue with you and like clockwork begins to cry stalking when she's getting called out on her BS. Then she starts with crap like, "my brother is a police officer" bla bla bla drivel.

Have you seen the way she stalks that guy Juan from Pearland, TX???

I mean seriously, she likes to dish it but cannot take it.

Typical troll.

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33845 Oct 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
You're literally too stupid, ignorant and close minded to even argue with.
Just one thing imbecile, douchebag criminal Harry Reid blocked the vote on Obama's 2011 "jobs" bill.
Reid blocks attempt by McConnell to vote on president's jobs bill ...
thehill.com/...action/.../185455-reid-blocks-... ...
Oct 4, 2011 – In a lively spat on the Senate floor Tuesday, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) attempted call up President Obama's jobs plan for an ...
Reid Blocks Obama Jobs Bill Vote - The Daily Beast
www.thedailybeast.com/.../obama-s-jobs-bill-v... ...
Oct 5, 2011 – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid stepped up to stop a vote in the Senate on the president's measure, which had been requested by an ...
Pass this bill (later)! Reid blocks Obama jobs bill vote [VIDEO]| The ...
dailycaller.com/.../video-pass-this-bill-late... ...
Oct 4, 2011 – For all of President Obama's insistence that Congress must “pass this bill now,” and Democrats' assurances that they have the votes necessary ...
Now stfu.
Reid blocked the bill becuase McConnell tried to get the job bill passed without debating the bill.

Do you want a bill passed that was never debated or read?

I don't think to.

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33846 Oct 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
all of us made your mom squeal like a pig. and that was when we gave her a ham sandwich.
So you like pigs?
The Great Right Hope

Fullerton, CA

#33847 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
A political career failure.
In 2000, George W. Bush lost the popular vote to Al Gore. Bush became president not only because the Supreme Court awarded him Florida but also because sparsely populated Western states, from the Dakotas through the Rockies and up to Alaska, boosted his Electoral College total.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/oct/...
Romney failing at Electoral College

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground in Ne... 1 min Synque 96
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min In Six Days 171,557
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min American Lady 189,779
News Clean air worth the costs? 7 min obvious 7
News GOP Hopefuls Distance Themselves From Donald Trump 8 min Cat74 253
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? (Sep '14) 9 min Shawn 3,952
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RoxLo 1,262,015
More from around the web