The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 412570 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

The Notorious Rico

“Conservatism is a Disease.”

Since: Nov 11

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33842 Oct 7, 2012
WARRENs Buffett wrote:
<quoted text>I don't register because it's NOT a requirement. Now pick on someone else.
You don't register because then we could keep track of your bans.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#33843 Oct 7, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, I don't.
who made that rule? Mother duck(er?)?
you DO need to keep yourself informed from many sources, including personal experience, to STAY RELEVANT. but you don't. so?
is it MY fault if u haven't seen the WIDELY played videos that I have?
Life isn't school so don't expect the 'smart kids' to do your home work for you while you 'play' and then SHARE. other words, FY, do your own homework, duckling.
COME ON NOV.
You're not looking at this right. I assume you are posting to make a point - so posting a link will give your point the weight it needs to have an effect. We all read, we can go Googling after your every post - but we likely won't. It's for your sake as well as others, it gives you credibility, puts the judgment on the article instead of you.
Plus, it's a matter of courtesy on these threads.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33844 Oct 7, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not being "picked" on. You're not a victim. You posted to me like usual. If you can't handle the reply's don't initiate the dialogue.
She reminds me so much of Torchwood. The constant threats to my employer, the stalking allegations and it's funny becuase she comes here and maintains a dialogue with you and like clockwork begins to cry stalking when she's getting called out on her BS. Then she starts with crap like, "my brother is a police officer" bla bla bla drivel.

Have you seen the way she stalks that guy Juan from Pearland, TX???

I mean seriously, she likes to dish it but cannot take it.

Typical troll.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33845 Oct 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
You're literally too stupid, ignorant and close minded to even argue with.
Just one thing imbecile, douchebag criminal Harry Reid blocked the vote on Obama's 2011 "jobs" bill.
Reid blocks attempt by McConnell to vote on president's jobs bill ...
thehill.com/...action/.../185455-reid-blocks-... ...
Oct 4, 2011 – In a lively spat on the Senate floor Tuesday, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) attempted call up President Obama's jobs plan for an ...
Reid Blocks Obama Jobs Bill Vote - The Daily Beast
www.thedailybeast.com/.../obama-s-jobs-bill-v... ...
Oct 5, 2011 – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid stepped up to stop a vote in the Senate on the president's measure, which had been requested by an ...
Pass this bill (later)! Reid blocks Obama jobs bill vote [VIDEO]| The ...
dailycaller.com/.../video-pass-this-bill-late... ...
Oct 4, 2011 – For all of President Obama's insistence that Congress must “pass this bill now,” and Democrats' assurances that they have the votes necessary ...
Now stfu.
Reid blocked the bill becuase McConnell tried to get the job bill passed without debating the bill.

Do you want a bill passed that was never debated or read?

I don't think to.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33846 Oct 7, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
all of us made your mom squeal like a pig. and that was when we gave her a ham sandwich.
So you like pigs?
The Great Right Hope

Fullerton, CA

#33847 Oct 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
A political career failure.
In 2000, George W. Bush lost the popular vote to Al Gore. Bush became president not only because the Supreme Court awarded him Florida but also because sparsely populated Western states, from the Dakotas through the Rockies and up to Alaska, boosted his Electoral College total.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/oct/...
Romney failing at Electoral College

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33848 Oct 7, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Super post! We shouldn't have to depend on bringing in oil from GREEDY, SELFISH, ISLAMIC nations who don't give a damn about exterminating the world and holding it hostage TO GET THEIR F---NG WAY.
Good grief....

If you think that the USA getting only 12.9% of our total oil from the middle east is considered "being dependent on Islamic nations then I have a bridge to sell you for a good price.

The USA receives:

38.8% from the USA

19.6% from Latin America

15% from Canada

10.3% from Africa

3% from "other"

Where Does America Get Oil? You May Be Surprised

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where...

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33849 Oct 7, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Sitting on record amounts of cash
And they will not start spending until oslama is fired
So tax the Walton family more because they are rich and you will pay the tax when you shop at Walmart
From the recent 7.8% unemployment rate.... it looks like these job creators are getting greedy & ending their days of sitting on cash and putting it to work.

Btw, I do not shop at Walmart... they destroy mom & pop shops.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33850 Oct 7, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to pay these taxes????
Not me nor any of the other millions of people that are moving there businesses out of the USA
Who is going to pay the increa
Of course you're not going to pay for those taxes. You're a 47%er living in Mexico on a social security check.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33851 Oct 7, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance premiums?????
Oslama will not allow you to buy the insurance I have that cost my family of four 2k per year and has better coverage than a 15k per year blue cross policy
IMG medical group
Cornerstone insurance
You have Mexican Insurance... you live in Mexico. I bet you also have a medicine man that gives you a little bit of weed and peyote too.
2 posts removed

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33854 Oct 7, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And voters can and will throw the tea in the harbor
Doing so would subject them to criminal charges.

Vandalism--destroying private property (tea)

Theft--taking private property (tea)

Breaking and Entering--entering private property without owner's consent

Dumping without a license--throwing tea overboard

Littering--throwing tea into Boston Harbor

Environmental Degradation--introducing a foreign substance to the water

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33855 Oct 7, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
DOE Sec. approved the funding. It wasn't a congressional appropriations matter.
The Executive branch cannot spend a penny unless Congress appropriated the money for the Executive branch to spend.

Ever hear of checks & balances or power of the purse?

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33856 Oct 7, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Right on! and if he has supplied his real name or posted where he works, it was his own stupidity that got him in this mess. One would have to be insane to post where one works, myself I work for the state but where or what do I do for the state? I'd be nut to let that out. Anyhow I would never use my office computer to post on topix!
You don't post where you work because you obviously dont have a job.

The Notorious Rico

Lake Los Angeles, CA

#33857 Oct 7, 2012
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes nonsense
I'm dying for these people to report me to my employer becuase they'll give me the opportunity to laugh all the way to the bank and since she claims to owns her own business?

Cha Ching!!

It will be my business soon!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Same Day HealthCare Loans

Fullerton, CA

#33858 Oct 7, 2012
Augusta company to offer private health insurance exchange

An Augusta company is hooking up with a national company offering a private health insurance exchange model that allows employees to choose their own health plan, much the way public health exchanges will work under the federal health care overhaul beginning in 2014.

Ironically, Liazon was financed in part by Bain Capi­tal, the company co-founded by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who has vowed to repeal the reforms and do away with the exchanges.
ima

El Paso, TX

#33859 Oct 7, 2012
The Notorious Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't post where you work because you obviously dont have a job.
it's called professionalism, something you no NADA about.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#33860 Oct 7, 2012
Your numbers are a tad off. Last year Bush in office lost 4.43 million jobs. With a spiraling down of 750,000 per month of increasing unemployment new filings. Giving him a grand total of 10 million jobs lost. Obama is at 4.3 million created. Much easier to destroy than create as any republican knows.

Rushing Rove Foxy troll, You’re a tad off on this fuel issue. Lets do a brief history. Bush took office gas at $1.74 oil at $16 per barrel.
Bush invades Iraq; Gas goes to $5 oil goes to $145 per barrel.
After election of 2008 Nov. Bush opens Flood gates on emergency National oil reserves. Price drops but only for temporary. National Oil Reserves closed their gates. Prices start to rise. Obama invest in more oil rigs to start drilling, Drilling for Natural Gas accelerates and Green energy. Mostly for R&D development. Which is exploding with new innovations as markets are being developed to consume them and reduce our need for oil and gas.
Presently we are at $3.70 for gas. Obama suggested we open the Emergency National Oil reserves which republicans immediately shot down. So here we are. Myself I’m in the process of getting my first Electric Vehicle and acquiring the solar panels to make the fuel. Savings in fuel alone will pay for panels and vehicle at no cost to me! Can I take another four years of OBAMA? You Betsa.. More if we could. http://youtu.be/5WT1Vwlfyms
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#33861 Oct 7, 2012
Ever wonder why and how money is flowing to Obama and the Federal coffers? Romney needs to be careful now. Softly back pedaling..
Whistle-Blower Lawyers Throw Support Behind Obama
By ERIC LIPTON
Published: October 1, 2012

By ERIC LIPTON
Attorneys who represent whistle-blowers have made millions as the Obama administration cracks down on corporate fraud, and are now donating heavily to the president's re-election campaign.

The single biggest fund-raiser is John Morgan, a Florida-based lawyer. He has collected more than $1.7 million for Mr. Obama’s re-election or for the Democratic National Committee, making him one of the campaign’s biggest bundlers nationwide. He has also raised money for Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat running for the United States Senate. Ms. Warren served as interim head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, also created as part of the Dodd-Frank law.
Mr. Morgan, in an interview, said his support for Mr. Obama and Ms. Warren was entirely motivated by his admiration for their leadership in Washington. But his fund-raising blitz occurred just as he was expanding his personal injury and trial law practice into the whistle-blower field, with a television advertising campaign and new Web site, named whistle-blower-attorneys.com .
“America is full of crooks who are defrauding the government and investors every day,” Mr. Morgan said.“We are talking about billions of dollars in ill-gotten gains. We win one case and it will pay for our entire national advertising budget.”

Romney and all republicans seek to stop Obama from exposing their corruptions. While their fines go to the Fed and the gratitude of our citizens goes to Obama. Doing as he said. Holding their feet to the fire!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#33862 Oct 7, 2012
Corporations have gained 22% since Obama stopped the spiraling losses to a recession. Some have experienced record profits. Ex. 2010 Record profiting top ten oil companies paid Zero taxes, received Multi-Millions in tax refunds each; Demanded Welfare payments {subsides} into the Multi-Billions. Remember the Hostage/ Ransom? Don’t pay their demands and they will SHUTDOWN our Main Street USA. Guess who are the owners are of these companies. Yup same one’s that have their taxes cut to less than14%.
Their rates are just fine where they are; actually we could just stop providing them with welfare for starters. Remember Ireland with their lowest corporate rates in the world and the companies moved out and they went bankrupt. Its not the tax rate that is the most pressing issue with corporatist. it’s the consumers and laborers’. The Middle Class. The Engine, dynamo, that breaks or makes a productive society.
Greatest harm to our Middle Class today is “Inequality”! Within the Western civilized world our inequality surpasses all of our competitors. Inequality promotes hoarding of liquidity {wealth} to a small focused segment of our society. Once liquidity has reached a point that can no longer maintain our dynamo well lubricated it begins to sputter and stall.{Great Recession 2008} Redistribution of the lubricating liquidity is then required before engine seizes up.{Great Depression 1929}
Presently our distribution of liquidity is 1.2% receives 40% of nations supply. In 1929 it was 1% receiving 43% of the supply of liquidity. We are at the red line and redistribution is required.
Obama has tried to do just that. Obstruction from a “Party First” of a no, no, no, leadership has prevailed. Obama did what he could in the 6 months that democrat held power.{Kennedy Died} Brown {R} of Mass replaced him and the beginning of the record producing filibuster congress was initiated by the republicans. Infamous for their disregard for our USA.“Party First” was and is their autonomous. Their policies increases the forces that promotes inequality. Now is the time for redistribution. Anything less and well you know what happens when you starve an engine. No two ways about it. Take care of your engine and the engine will take care of you. Don’t take care of your engine and it will not take care of you…
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#33863 Oct 7, 2012
Solyndra keeps popping up here and there. I fail to comprehend the hype that is associated to it. It was a failed investment. Get over it. How many failures have the oil , coal and nuclear energy sectors have Per Year? At what cost to taxpayers and consumers for their failures? There are always obstacles on a quest.
Observe did we throw up our hands up with every oil spill, coal mine disaster or radioactive catastrophes. Now consider that damage they have and are contributing to our nations Health and Security.
Toxic in their acquirements , production, storage and deliveries. Multibillions would be saved in health issues alone. Service infrastructure to a toxic energy source would be eliminated. Multibillions saved there as well.
Alternative energy require no fuel! Infrastructure cost to service is a fraction of a fraction of that of a toxic infrastructures. As well as the pollution factors.
At best it is naïve to focus on this one failure, when the rewards of clean abundant energy is simply here for the taking.
Obama’s investment into the R&D of alternative is beginning to blossom. Alternative energy is on a acceleration curve of technology growth. Imagine 40 years ago. We were with pencil, paper and a slide ruler and today we communicate with computers. Imagine what alternative energy will be with our technology focused on its development.
Suspect you already know this simple observation of the two energy sources. Toxic and non toxic. Shame on you….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min True Judgment 5,851
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 5 min WHAT 36,100
News Trump to meet with Congressional Black Caucus a... 8 min Forest 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Dudley 1,496,790
News Why voters want Trump is a question deserving s... 15 min Forest 362
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 20 min RushFan666 168
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min District 1 237,279
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 35 min huntcoyotes 1,247
News Dem rep: Steve Bannon 'is a stone cold racist' 6 hr Obama bin ladder 45
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 6 hr nanoanomaly 2,539
More from around the web