The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 413254 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

sage won

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#33473 Oct 6, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. In the same way Mitt Romney made up his own facts during the debate:
Was Obama Trying to Avoid Being the Angry Black Man in Debate?
October 5, 2012 | Posted by Jackie Jones
......Romney, it appears, certainly had more swagger, but Obama had stronger command of the facts.
The Republican nominee rejected parts of his own tax plan, denying he intended to increase tax breaks only for the rich. He also failed to respond with details when asked where he would get the money from to cut taxes for all Americans, increase defense spending and not increase the deficit.
His quick answer was he would put more Americans to work in better paying jobs, which would mean more people paying taxes, which would help close the gap.
But there were moments when Romney contradicted the plan on which he and running mate Paul Ryan have campaigned, as well as appearing to reject parts of GOP platform, especially when he said,“I will not reduce the share [of taxes] paid by high-income individuals.”(cont.)
http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/10/05/was-ob...
Ostupida "I want to hire 100,000 math and science teachers"

will someone tell this bozo that hiring teachers is not a function of the federal government ? It's a function of the local school boards.
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic

Los Angeles, CA

#33474 Oct 6, 2012
WARRENs Buffett wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the people in Ohio, PA, WV and other states how happy they are with the EPA and Obama. Coal miners are losing their jobs hand over fist!
Why are you afraid of drones flying over your home and mythological business? What are you hiding? What are you dumping into the environment.

Hmmm.....

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#33475 Oct 6, 2012
Weeks before the presidential election, President Barack Obama’s administration faces mounting opposition from within the ranks of U.S. intelligence agencies over what career officers say is a “cover up” of intelligence information about terrorism in North Africa.

Intelligence held back from senior officials and the public includes numerous classified reports revealing clear Iranian support for jihadists throughout the tumultuous North Africa and Middle East region, as well as notably widespread al Qaeda penetration into Egypt and Libya in the months before the deadly Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
Officials with access to intelligence reports, based on both technical spying and human agents, said specific reporting revealed an alarming surge in clandestine al Qaeda activity months before the attack in Benghazi.

Yet the Obama administration sought to keep the information from becoming public to avoid exposing what the officials say is a Middle East policy failure by Obama.

Officials said that the administration appeared to engage in a disinformation campaign aimed at distancing the president personally during the peak of the presidential election campaign from the disaster in Benghazi, where numerous warning of an attack were ignored, resulting in the deaths of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three other officials.

The first part of the apparent campaign, officials said, was the false information provided to U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, who appeared on Sunday television shows after the attack to say the event was a “spontaneous” response to an anti-Muslim video trailer posted online.

Officials said Rice was given the false information to use in media appearances in order to promote the excuse that the obscure video was the cause of the attack, and not the Islamic concept of jihad.
Rice’s claims provoked concern inside the U.S. intelligence community that intelligence about what was going on in Libya and the region was being suppressed, and led to a series of news disclosures about what would later be confirmed as an al Qaeda attack using the group Ansar al Sharia.

After Rice’s incorrect statements, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney repeated the false assessment of the Benghazi attack.
The final element of the campaign involved comments by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who was the first to give a partial explanation of the intelligence when she said al Qaeda terrorists operating from Mali were possible culprits in the Benghazi attack.
“What she failed to mention was the cooperation of Iran and Egypt in supporting jihadists in Libya,” the official said, who added the events would be investigated in an apparent effort to stave off internal critics in government.

That has led to delays in getting FBI and other U.S. investigators into Benghazi, raising concerns that some in the White House wanted to delay the FBI’s efforts to uncover evidence about the attack.
The FBI did not reach Benghazi until Thursday, ostensibly over concerns about the lack of security to protect them.
“The Obama Administration is afraid to admit al Qaeda is running rampant throughout the region because it would expose the truth instead of what President Obama so pompously spouted during the Democratic Convention” said the official.
1 post removed

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33477 Oct 6, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of the selling points for building the Keystone Pipeline is that it would bring Canadian crude here to be refined rather than building refineries in Canada."
Ummm... the Keystone Pipeline has been delivering oil from Alberta to Oklahoma since 2010. How do you feel about this explanation...?
What is the Pipeline exactly?
The Keystone Pipeline "already" exists. What doesn’t is its proposed expansion, the Keystone XL Pipeline. The existing one runs from oil sand fields in Alberta, Canada into the U.S., ending in Cushing, Oklahoma.
The 1,700 new miles of pipeline would offer two sections of expansion. First, it would connect Cushing, Oklahoma, where there is a current bottleneck of oil, with the Gulf Coast of Texas, where oil refineries abound. Second, it would include a new section from Alberta to Kansas. It would pass through Bakken Shale region of eastern Montana and western North Dakota. Here, it will pass through a region where oil extraction is currently booming and take on some of this crude for transport.
http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/tag/keystone...
There's a lot of good stuff on that site. Read the part about people and indigenous populations fighting eminent domain to keep from being expropriated by Big Oil...
Thanks for the link and the info.

So what do you think? Should we build it?

I've said yes from the beginning, but I always add "if it can be done right".

Truth is, I have a hard time defining what "right" would actually mean.
I See Stupid People

Los Angeles, CA

#33478 Oct 6, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was right on top of the night, wasn't he? Oh I forgot it was the altitude, after getting off Air Force One that flies at 8,000 ft above sea level. LOL
Mitt Romney told 27 lies in 38 minutes to 58 million watching at home... and you people thought that equaled a "strong performance".

Fking suckers!!!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#33479 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That link again?? Tell that retard he is only going to get so many gallon of diesel per barrel of oil..
http://www.gravmag.com/oilbarrel.shtml
Eagle
Here's a Fox News "retard" on Keystone XL:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/18/six...

Six reasons Keystone XL was a bad deal all along

By Sally Kohn
Published January 18, 2012

2. Keystone XL Would Have Increased Domestic Oil Prices

Currently, Canadian oil reserves stored in the Midwest help suppress gas prices in the United States, particularly for farmers in our nation’s heartland.

In its permit application for the pipeline, TransCanada noted that the Keystone XL pipeline would allow the company to drain these reserves and export that fuel as well. According to TransCanada’s own statements, this would raise gas prices in the United States, especially in the Midwest.

3. Keystone XL Overstated Number of Jobs to be Created

In 2008, TransCanada’s original permit application to the State Department said the Keystone XL pipeline would create “a peak workforce of approximately 3,500 to 4,200 construction personnel” in temporary jobs building the pipeline.

By 2011, now facing growing opposition to the pipeline, TransCanada had inflated these numbers (using undisclosed formulas) to 20,000. Supporters of the proposal, backed by big oil, have since trumpeted these trumped up numbers.
WARRENs Buffet

De Soto, KS

#33480 Oct 6, 2012
Rico the 147 IQ Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid of drones flying over your home and mythological business? What are you hiding? What are you dumping into the environment.
Hmmm.....
Drones don't fly over my home, they fly over the cattle ranchers. As for my business, I really don't give a flying fluck if you believe it or not Rico. Now move on!

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#33481 Oct 6, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We might differ on the Iraq war, I believe keeping Saddam off the backs of our troops in the region is sufficient but I understand people who differ.
Insurgencies aren't won by brute force, a low profile can be a better tactic than a troop surge. Bush never set a timetable for withdrawal, a schedule for retreat and defeat; Obama did. More than twice as many troops have been killed in Afghanistan over the past four years under Obama than all eight years of Bush's leadership.
The only way to defeat terrorism is when the majority of Muslims speak out against murdering innocents as a tactic. Obama has done nothing to further that goal, instead he has apologized for our freedoms to curry favor with Islamo-fascists.
Islamofascist terrorists world wide are the biggest problem we face, right after another 4 years of Obama, one we can fix this Nov. the other one I see no solution in sight.
Non Leakable Pipelines

Fullerton, CA

#33482 Oct 6, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link and the info.
So what do you think? Should we build it?
I've said yes from the beginning, but I always add "if it can be done right".
Truth is, I have a hard time defining what "right" would actually mean.
EDMONTON - In just 30 days this spring, Alberta pipelines spilled nearly 10,000 barrels of oil, leaking crude and effluent onto privately owned land in northern Alberta and into the waters of a southern Alberta reservoir.

That spillage amounts to 1.5 million litres in three leaks between May 19 and June 18, or the equivalent of 44 large tanker trucks being emptied into the environment.

1 post removed

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#33484 Oct 6, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact checking Romney’s ‘clean energy’ claims during the presidential debate
Elections
October 5, 2012
By: David Phillips
Mitt Romney made numerous bogus claims in the October 3, 2012 debate about the $90 billion in grants, guaranteed loans and tax breaks for energy projects in the stimulus bill:
. Romney falsely claimed “about half” of the clean-energy companies that received U.S.-backed loans “have gone out of business.” But 26 companies received loan guarantees under a loan program cited by Romney, and three of those have filed for bankruptcy. The three firms were approved for about 6 percent of the loan guarantees.
. Romney incorrectly claimed the “$90 billion in breaks to the green energy world” was provided “in one year.” It was two.
. He stated at one point that Obama put $90 billion “into solar and wind.” But only $21 billion went for renewable energy projects,“such as the installation of wind turbines and solar panels,” according to a White House document cited by the Romney campaign. The spending also included $18 billion for transit projects and $10 billion to upgrade the nation’s electrical grid.
. He falsely claimed the $90 billion was equal to “about 50 years’ worth of what oil and gas receives” in tax breaks, which he estimated at $2.8 billion. By his own figures, it would have been 32 years’ worth. But it’s even less than that. The administration estimates that eliminating oil and gas tax preferences would raise about $3.9 billion a year (23 years’ worth). The industry itself says the administration would increase its taxes by $8.5 billion a year (10.5 years’ worth).
(cont.)
http://www.examiner.com/article/fact-checking...
Okay..

"But only $21 billion went for renewable energy projects,"

Only ten years instead of 50 as Romney stated for the oil companies tax breaks..

". Romney incorrectly claimed the “$90 billion in breaks to the green energy world” was provided “in one year.” It was two."

I guess two is better than one.. Really?? 90 billion..

Eagle
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#33485 Oct 6, 2012
link is opensecrets.
com
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#33486 Oct 6, 2012
opensecrets.org sorry for typo!
Imhotep

United States

#33487 Oct 6, 2012
NBC's Tom Brokaw declares "substance" as the winner in the first presidential debate as both candidates were long on facts and short on rhetoric. NBC's David Gregory previews the upcoming debates.

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#33488 Oct 6, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
A barrel of oil weighs between 300 and 370 pounds depending on the grade of the oil being shipped.
Somebody else can do the math from there.
Not obama.

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Marion Oaks..

#33489 Oct 6, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a Fox News "retard" on Keystone XL:
By Sally Kohn
Published January 18, 2012
2. Keystone XL Would Have Increased Domestic Oil Prices
Currently, Canadian oil reserves stored in the Midwest help suppress gas prices in the United States, particularly for farmers in our nation’s heartland.
In its permit application for the pipeline, TransCanada noted that the Keystone XL pipeline would allow the company to drain these reserves and export that fuel as well. According to TransCanada’s own statements, this would raise gas prices in the United States, especially in the Midwest.
3. Keystone XL Overstated Number of Jobs to be Created
In 2008, TransCanada’s original permit application to the State Department said the Keystone XL pipeline would create “a peak workforce of approximately 3,500 to 4,200 construction personnel” in temporary jobs building the pipeline.
By 2011, now facing growing opposition to the pipeline, TransCanada had inflated these numbers (using undisclosed formulas) to 20,000. Supporters of the proposal, backed by big oil, have since trumpeted these trumped up numbers.
Ain't buying that load of BS NTR.. Adding supply will only lower the cost not raise it..

Eagle

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#33490 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Refined products though Jack.. Hell Iran has its oil but sends it out to be refined in another country I believe..
Eagle
Iran has no refineries. Refineries require western/american technology.
Imhotep

United States

#33491 Oct 6, 2012
4 more 47% more
Your rich kid is kaput
DOA
Autopsy Report:
Self inflicted pie hole assault on one remaining brain cell
Visitation: Kolob 7-9pm m-f
American voter

Rochester, MN

#33492 Oct 6, 2012
Mitt Romney's theme song
&fe ature=endscreen&NR=1
American voter

Rochester, MN

#33493 Oct 6, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
opensecrets.org sorry for typo!
excellent site

sage won

“life under BO”

buena vista

#33494 Oct 6, 2012
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets round it off to 6 barrels moving 2500 miles on rail.. That will cost 5 gallons of diesel according to Rico at 4 bucks a gallon equals 20 bucks.. Not very efficient and the carbon footprint would be much higher and more risk involved..
Eagle
President Romney will OK the pipeline, Buffet has enough money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yes, Mass Deportations Are Coming. And We Know ... 24 min USA 260
News Defense policy cited in axing Bernie Sanders' a... 38 min Leon Debrion 16
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min district 3 237,881
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 46 min Texxy the Indepen... 21,417
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 50 min Weirdo patrol 2,535
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 52 min chazmo 36,590
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 53 min why 259,166
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Jus Sayin 1,498,601
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 1 hr SYPHILITIC TRUMP 292
More from around the web