The President has failed us

Jun 9, 2012 Read more: Times News 323,119
This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Read more
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32408 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell a lot about a person's character if that person won't look you in the eye when they speak. Wonder why obama was constantly looking down when Romney was speaking to him and when obama was speaking, he was looking everywhere except at Romney, to whom he was addressing the issues. Avoiding eye contact is a sign of either lying or lack of self confidence. In obama's case, I think it was both.
Romney was not providing eye contact either while Obama spoke so your only point is that Obama did the same things Romney did?

Good grief.

goldengirl

Magna, UT

#32409 Oct 4, 2012
B.O. stinks!!!!
higgans

Marion, IN

#32410 Oct 4, 2012
Aryan for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
The fear... the fear.. the far.... the Federal reserve does a pretty good job of putting inflation @ 2%.
that's right, forget Carter and his era.lol
the FR giveth and it can taketh away.
what a fool and a perfect Obama tool.
COME ON NOV.
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32411 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!! "obama ALLOWED Romney to flex his arrogance last night." That's the BEST one YET! The fact that you can't handle is that the obama campaign did it's pre-planning by setting the bar low to begin with and obama failed to achieve even the lowered expectations. Now, all you libturds on here that were crowing about how superior obama is and how much he knows & does, are now making so many exucses as to why he didn't live up to your hype. You've been had by the biggest bullshitter-in-chief EVER. That much was evident last night when he had no rebuttal to a truckload of issues. But, keep the spin cycle going. The clothes aren't quite dry yet.
LMAO!!!
Pundits are claiming that Obama was not aggressing enough on Romney's bullshit. That's what gave the perception that Romney won. Obama did not challenge Romney much on Romney's below bullshit yet you believe that Romney not getting called out on his bullshit as a win. That's funny, really it is.

Romney confirmed that he opposes a single dollar in new revenue from the wealthiest to reduce the deficit and continued to hide the details about how he’d accomplish his plans because he knows they don’t add up and are bad for the middle class.
http://newsone.com/2053227/the-presidential-d...

Romney's top adviser already had to admit that Romney lied on stage regarding pre-existing conditions. So if Romney's peeps are out all day tomorrow defending Romney's lies --- did Romney move the needle in his direction?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/04/1139...

— One of the biggest disputes was over tax cuts. Obama argued that Romney's plan to stimulate the economy includes a tax cut totaling $5 trillion that, Obama said, isn't possible because the Republican nominee is also promising to spend money in other places.

Romney flatly disputed that number. "First of all, I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut," he said.

Who's right? The Washington Post's Fact Checker says the facts on this one are on Obama's side. The New York Times notes that Romney "has proposed cutting all marginal tax rates by 20 percent — which would in and of itself cut tax revenue by $5 trillion."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/04/1139...

Since: Oct 07

sugarcoated sunshine

#32412 Oct 4, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Or Quirky.
LOL! yeah
higgans

Marion, IN

#32413 Oct 4, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
If you want to know how government policies have created the road to ruin for the middle-class American family, this interview with Donald Barlett and James Steele, co-authors of "America: What Went Wrong?" from 1992, and their newest, "The Betrayal of the America Dream," which updates the forces and conditions since then, provides an interesting look into how globalization has impacted American workers. It is well worth the read:
The Betrayal of America's Middle Class Was a Choice, Not an Accident
Wednesday, 03 October 2012
By Amy B Dean
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/11893-the-b...
a Progressive, One World view... and Obama is the MOST Progressive pol since Wilson, even OUTdoing FDR.
a VERY good reason NOT to support him.... I know I DON'T.
yet, YOU do... Hhmmmmm?
COME ON NOV.
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32414 Oct 4, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
that's right, forget Carter and his era.lol
the FR giveth and it can taketh away.
what a fool and a perfect Obama tool.
COME ON NOV.
Regardless of who becomes the next president... if inflation creeps up more than 2% the feds will likely raise rates thus effecting the economy.

So the only fool here is you since you seem incapable to fathom that fact.
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32415 Oct 4, 2012
goldengirl wrote:
B.O. stinks!!!!
I totally agree, Romney's BO stinks of lies.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#32416 Oct 4, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!! "obama ALLOWED Romney to flex his arrogance last night." That's the BEST one YET! The fact that you can't handle is that the obama campaign did it's pre-planning by setting the bar low to begin with and obama failed to achieve even the lowered expectations. Now, all you libturds on here that were crowing about how superior obama is and how much he knows & does, are now making so many exucses as to why he didn't live up to your hype. You've been had by the biggest bullshitter-in-chief EVER. That much was evident last night when he had no rebuttal to a truckload of issues. But, keep the spin cycle going. The clothes aren't quite dry yet.
LMAO!!!
Which truckload of issues were those?
higgans

Marion, IN

#32417 Oct 4, 2012
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>None really care about what you drink or what you think when it comes to that subject Ghost. Those born in the USA are American citizens and that's the law.
THAT is the accepted, current interpretation of the Law.
subject to change or subsequent Laws.
things CHANGE in a democracy, right?
like the 2010 Mid Terms... like THIS election.:)
COME ON NOV.
higgans

Marion, IN

#32418 Oct 4, 2012
sage won wrote:
Lying sack of shit, racist black bastard Obama foments racial division and gets his facts wrong re the Stafford act, is he just a racially divisive person or an ignoramus?
n a video....
....Then Obama was not just fear-mongering, he was lying, and that is a ...
If you are white and you support Obama you are an imbecile.
if u are NOT a member of the inside elite Prog SCUM and u support Obama, YOU ARE AN IMBECILE AND A DUPE AND A FUTURE VICTIM.
if this wasn't my grandkids Country, I's say 'F&%k'em! Let them learn the HARD way.'! BUT, it IS their future, too.
we all would be POOR parents if we allowed that.
less IS better
COME ON NOV.
1 post removed
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32420 Oct 4, 2012
When lies are more important to the tea baggers than honesty....

Mitt Romney can lie all he wants in the debates.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#32421 Oct 4, 2012
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
a Progressive, One World view... and Obama is the MOST Progressive pol since Wilson, even OUTdoing FDR.
a VERY good reason NOT to support him.... I know I DON'T.
yet, YOU do... Hhmmmmm?
COME ON NOV.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/opinion/an-...

The Mitt Romney who appeared on the stage at the University of Denver seemed to be fleeing from the one who won the Republican nomination on a hard-right platform of tax cuts, budget slashing and indifference to the suffering of those at the bottom of the economic ladder...... Virtually every time Mr. Romney spoke, he misrepresented the platform on which he and Paul Ryan are actually running. The most prominent example, taking up the first half-hour of the debate, was on taxes. Mr. Romney claimed, against considerable evidence, that he had no intention of cutting taxes on the rich or enacting a tax cut that would increase the deficit. That simply isn’t true. Mr. Romney wants to restore the Bush-era tax cut that expires at the end of this year and largely benefits the wealthy. He wants to end the estate tax and the gift tax, providing a huge benefit only to those with multimillion-dollar estates, at a cost of more than $1 trillion over a decade to the deficit.(cont.)

Absolutely right, I support Obama and abhor the Romney approach on taxes and the economy. We broke a record last month with the Gini coefficient of income inequality. Coincidentally, a survey was conducted that asked Americans about two different countries and their living standards, and asking in which one in which unnamed country they preferred to live. The countries were not identified, but one was the U.S., the other was actually Sweden. 90% of the respondents actually preferred and wanted to live in Sweden - believing that was the U.S.-not recognizing the reality of the depth of disparity and inequality present today. The Walton family of six gained more income for themselves than 100 MILLION Americans collectively gained last year.

The structure of tax benefits, loopholes and exclusions has almost exclusively benefited the already wealthy and comes at a high cost to the rest of us. Mitt Romney's plans will accelerate, not alleviate our pain in America. Some of you are completely and utterly indifferent to the pain at the bottom, but you won't be free from the consequences of what happens when we increase and expand it even more under Mitt Romney. Under a Romney Administration, I fully expect that the anger and divisions taking place in America would only increase.

I'll stick with Barack Obama as having the better plan of the two we've been offered, and I am genuinely sorry that you cannot see why that is so. I sincerely hope you do not have to find out the reality of what I'm trying to help you understand firsthand.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#32422 Oct 4, 2012
Miss Chevious wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there ANYBODY you can get along with, vato?
jeff?
You usually fight with WOMEN as a rule!
I dont think Jeff is afraid of your 1 syllable"tough guy" vocabulary
Blame your failures on yourself not anybody else
Troll alert!
1 post removed
higgans

Marion, IN

#32424 Oct 4, 2012
sage won wrote:
Twice as much federal aid was given for Katrina than for 9/11 and hurricane Andrew combined.
Our president is a liar, an ignoramus or both.
In either case this POS needs to get booted on Nov. 7th.
ours is a Nation of 50(!) SOVEREIGN States.... the FG is NOT supposed to intercede in States' bus UNLESS asked (of course, Constitutional matters ARE diff).
the local and State officials WERE slow in asking for FG aid, PERIOD.
that was turned around to indict Bush's Admin! typical Prog Dem tactic: not ME, blame (fill in the blank)!
like Pelosi blaming the Rep House for the lack of adequate security measures in Libya!! TYPICAL.
Obama was like a (wair for it) DUCK OUTA WATER last night, wait until the FP Debate!!!LOL
Colo Representative (just now on MSNBC): Pres looked TIRED, not lazy!
spin, spin, SPIN....
COME ON NOV.
higgans

Marion, IN

#32425 Oct 4, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
are there any WMD in Egypt? Libya?
no, they are IN Syria!(recent news reports about current concerns: will the Rebels get them?)
isn't THAT where Saddam was SUPOSED to have move some of HIS?
COME ON NOV.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#32426 Oct 4, 2012
Michelle Obama,Packing said thank goodness I
hired 26 Personal Assistants this is hard work!

All this for a Flag??? LOL.
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32427 Oct 4, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll alert!
She's begging for attention all over the place.
Rico the Terrible

Rowland Heights, CA

#32428 Oct 4, 2012
The Romney campaign has avoided comparing their plan to trickle down economics, but Paul Ryan let the cat out of the bag, and confirmed that the Romney plan is a tripling down of the Bush tax cuts for the rich.

The Romney/Ryan tax plan is really a massive redistribution and institutionalization of wealth at the top. The Romney plan will shift the tax burden to the middle and bottom earners and make economic advancement even more difficult."

Paul Ryan Cracks Under Pressure and Admits Romney’s Tax Plan is Trickle Down
http://www.politicususa.com/paul-ryan-cracks-...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#32429 Oct 4, 2012
Rico the Terrible wrote:
The Romney campaign has avoided comparing their plan to trickle down economics, but Paul Ryan let the cat out of the bag, and confirmed that the Romney plan is a tripling down of the Bush tax cuts for the rich.
The Romney/Ryan tax plan is really a massive redistribution and institutionalization of wealth at the top. The Romney plan will shift the tax burden to the middle and bottom earners and make economic advancement even more difficult."
Paul Ryan Cracks Under Pressure and Admits Romney’s Tax Plan is Trickle Down
http://www.politicususa.com/paul-ryan-cracks-...
Romney came out last night like he did out of desperation.

The problem: He can't back up much of what he said.

He lied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,216,336
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Limbertwig 178,057
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min TrueLogic 159,057
News Jeb Bush: I'm as conservative as any governor o... 5 min serfs up 16
News Congressman Scott DesJarlais spends $224,000 on... (Mar '12) 10 min the travelers 28
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 18 min swedenforever 241
News Clinton Foundation to restrict foreign donations 28 min Larry Craig s WC ... 23
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 3 hr barefoot2626 490
News Hillary Clinton: Elizabeth Warren is holding my... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 32
News Stop Hillary marketing victory: GOP generates $... 4 hr Bill Clinton 122
More from around the web