The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391190 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#303143 Sep 6, 2014
bs id guy wrote:
<quoted text>
True! It's a bone tossed to the far-left EnviroNazis, which even Obama views as a total joke. He's using the pipeline in a cynical move to feed his more rabid kook base, nothing more. He could care less about them or the jobs lost. He's screwing middle-class workers to pacify those nuts without giving a hoot in hell about either of them!
Yup

“you know i know”

denver

#303144 Sep 6, 2014
bs id guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic! You claim that what he does harms conservatives. However, what you do harms liberals. Maybe you two balance each other out? Who knows?
I hope you keep posting too (though I am concerned about your mental balance).
any white person who votes demorat is a fool, sowing the seeds of their own destruction.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#303145 Sep 6, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>Is it attack or defense mode?
It was neither. It was simply stating a position and point of view about why I would vote for Barack Obama, and I did that twice now and still have absolutely no apology given the options available to me. I voted for the better of the two optinos - both times.

Anytime a conservative organization like "The Economist" endorses a democrat (twice they did) over a Republican, you KNOW there is something very rotten about the platform on which the Republican was running. Apparently, the editorial board at "The Economist" had the same kinds of concerns that the majority of voters in America had when we went to the poll and reelected Barack Obama to a second term. This man's popularity will not be clear until a decade from the time he leaves office. I believe history will look back on this time as a dark period in America's history wherein greed and obstructionism resulted in what will one day be acknowledged as a permanent decline in the great experiment of what has been up until George Bush's Great Recession, the last remaining Super Power in the world - The United States of America.

The oligarchs are winning with their divide and conquer strategy as we tear each other limb from limb and throw the most vulnerable to the dogs and step on heads without a second thought. It's a bummer.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#303146 Sep 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
I don't believe in reparations either.or any such ludicrous thing as that.......
CHIXOY DAM: NO REPARATIONS, NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE
https://intercontinentalcry.org/chixoy-dam-re...
This is the first in a series of six short documentaries that look at development and displacement in Latin America. The projects we call “development” are built on dispossession and destruction of livelihoods for local populations, often in a context of violence and repression.
1 post removed
bs id guy

Springfield, MA

#303148 Sep 6, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You try too hard. It's obvious. I come and go as I please..........
You do? I think not. But, since you like opera (Me, me, me, meeeee!), I'll let Linda Ronstadt and the loveable Major General make my reply for me:

Oh, come on, this is funny! Don't take it personal. It really is NOT all about YOU!

LOL!

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#303149 Sep 6, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yur disappointing all right. Deny, dodge, dissemble and dishonesty, yur 4 D's.
You can't help but lie because you can't refute me with facts and data, and you continue to post the same old talking points that have already been debunked and dismissed over and over again. You either can't remember or you stubbornly refuse to accept reality.

#303150 Sep 6, 2014
The World Bank And Inter-American Development Bank's Chixoy Dam Project: Still Killing Mayan Guatemalans 32 Years Later
http://upsidedownworld.org/main/guatemala-arc... -
Why Are the World Bank and IDB Responsible?

As successive U.S.-backed military regimes were carrying out campaigns of massacres and genocide against their own population, the World Bank and IDB took the calculated and financially profitable decision to invest hundreds of millions of dollars directly into the treasury of these regimes, in the name of “development”, and partnered directly with them to illegally and violently impose this project.

“you know i know”

denver

#303151 Sep 6, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be voting for Barack Obama in the next presidential election.
You're the moron here, Harpo. I think we have a terrific thread here that exposes the extremist element of the right wing who incorrectly call themselves conservatives and Republicans. You're not conservatives no matter what you tell yourselves, and you have driven millions of moderate Republicans from the party in protest of the extremist policies of today that are alien to them.
Everybody should see you for what you are: indoctrinated racists and uninformed slow thinkers. Keep posting.
i think yur an ignorant buffoon. I haven't driven anyone away from anything, just another of yur legions of lies.

Just what are my extremist policies, Gertie? Do you have them in a file with my supposed lies?

A terrific thread for conservatives to talk about BO's failure's and a terrific thread for fleabag flibs to lie and apologize for criminals.

#303152 Sep 6, 2014
Who is listening? 17 fake cellphone towers, some near military bases, discovered around U.S.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/who_...
"What we find suspicious is that a lot of these interceptors are right on top of U.S. military bases. So we begin to wonder – are some of them U.S. government interceptors? Or are some of them Chinese interceptors?" Goldsmith said. "Whose interceptor is it? Who are they, that's listening to calls around military bases? Is it just the U.S. military, or are they foreign governments doing it? The point is: we don't really know whose they are."

The fake towers were found in south Florida, New York, North Carolina, Illinois, Ohio, Texas, Washington state, New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada and Arizona.

#303153 Sep 6, 2014
If Barack Obama manages to defeat ISIS, he will be a great President
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/lupica-...
That means a great President.

ISIS is not the greatest threat to America, not after everything we have seen since George W. Bush committed as stupid and terrible and lasting a crime as any an American President has committed, which means invading Iraq in the shadow of 9/11 even though Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda invading us. Obama has been trying to clean up that mess since he took office and the next President will have to do the same, because of everything Bush and Dick Cheney did to turn that part of the world into even more of a dumpster fire than it already was.

#303154 Sep 6, 2014
General Dempsey is Ready and Obama is Not
http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog-post/d...
Obama currently has only 9 allies in his coalition, George W. Bush had 38 allies when we invaded Iraq. However, during World War II it was the United States of America and Great Britain against the World, so Obama needs to give some stirring speeches and start killing ISIS Terrorists.
1 post removed

#303156 Sep 6, 2014
Obama outlines strategy to 'ultimately destroy' Islamic State
http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-obama-isla...
Kerry said that overcoming the militants “may take a year, it may take two years, it may take three years.”

Obama said only,“It's not going to happen overnight. But we are steadily moving in the right direction.”

#303157 Sep 6, 2014
Terrible lessons
http://www.telegram.com/article/20140824/NEWS...
But whether or not the U.S. commits ground forces once more, war is war. Our support for Iraqi government troops and Kurdish peshmerga in their struggle to roll back the Islamic State is a continuation of the military odyssey that began with President George W. Bush's invasion of Baath-dominated Iraq in March 2003.

Indeed, the struggle really dates to January 1991, when President George H.W. Bush led an international coalition to expel Saddam Hussein's forces from Kuwait.

Over nearly a quarter-century, the U.S. has tried — often naively, with too little understanding, and at great cost — to bring Western models of governance and nationhood to Iraq, a land whose Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds usually seem more interested in going their separate ways.

But Mr. Obama must not be bound by the missteps of his predecessors or his own rhetoric.

#303158 Sep 6, 2014
Obama says key allies ready to join U.S. action in Iraq
http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/09/06/iraq...
The United States hoped a new Iraqi government would be formed next week and was confident it would have a coalition for the sustained action required to destroy the militants.
1 post removed

“you know i know”

denver

#303160 Sep 6, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> You can't help but lie because you can't refute me with facts and data, and you continue to post the same old talking points that have already been debunked and dismissed over and over again. You either can't remember or you stubbornly refuse to accept reality.
total rubbish, you lie, you deflect, you project, you deny, dissemble, you refuse to answer relevant questions. I just posted facts about Reagan, as you can't admit the truth, you cowardly ignore them. I posted the facts about Bush, you do the same.

You couldn't debate a turnip honestly, everyone see's it.

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#303161 Sep 6, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
Yep. Robertson must be the leader of this degenerate band of right wing misfits posting here:
Thu Sep 04, 2014 at 11:19 AM PDT
Pat Robertson advises 80 year old tither to get her butt to work
by Steveningen
We all know Pat Robertson can be completely off his beam, but today on his program The 700 Club, he ventured into the realm of downright cruelty. An elderly woman, clearly on a very tight fixed income, wrote in for advice on what to do about her money woes. His response is absolutely brutal.
Terry Meeuwsen: My husband and I are in our 80s and have been tithing for many years. We both love the Lord and give willingly and our tithe is over 10 percent. I praise Him and thank Him for our blessings. I declare that this is our time of prosperity, but we never have an extra penny after our bills are paid.
Our old car just broke down and we had to borrow money to fix it. We both need dental work, but we can’t afford it. I constantly have to use our credit card to pay for medical needs. I speak the verse about "give and it will be given to you." We have no unforgiveness in our lives. What could we be doing wrong?- Audrey
Pat Robertson: Ask God to show you some ways of making money. There are many ways of making money, even at 80 years old. You know, you can get on the telephone, people are hiring. There are all kinds of things you can do. For example, you may have a bunch of junk lying around in your garage that you can sell on eBay, and get some money that way.
There are many, many ways of making money. And you’re looking at the downside of all the bills you’ve got instead of saying,‘God, I’ve been faithful to you. Now, I claim my blessing, and I ask you to open the windows of heaven and pour me out a blessing. Show me what you’re going to do, show me how I can move into blessing.’ So, just ask him. He'll give you some concepts. Your mind will open up.
You read/heard that right. Anyone with a head with which to think would have immediately told this woman that tithing at this point in this aged couple's life has come to a necessary end. In fact, a reasonable person holding a responsible position at a church might even ask if there is anything the church might be able to do to help. Perhaps dipping into the tithing basket to provide comfort to a fellow congregant in dire straights would please the Lord.
But no, this money grubbing scammer has been on the take for so long, it obviously didn't even cross his mind that a religious institution might look into its heart instead of someone else's wallet. Wouldn't the very philosophy of Christianity dictate that the least fortunate among the flock should not be put in a position to sacrifice medical attention or to keep the lights on for the sake of a tithe basket?
(cont.)
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/09/04/1327...
80 years old sounds about right. Some saved, others did not. Using credit cards for dental work? Hmmmm.

Giving into the basket stopped going to the congregation a very long time ago. The philosophy has changed. Many preachers, priests, pastors will ask people to leave them in their will. Not the church, but them. You see many who need an entourage of body guards. I have to ask myself, why? Many of them have private jets and live in mansions. I have to ask myself why?

Greed has become the way of life, including the religious domain. There are selfish people in all walks of life. Stop putting money in the basket is a simple solution. Especially money that you can't afford to give in the first place. Church assistance is no longer what it use to be. Some, small towns may still have and maintain a helping hand in desperate times.

You really limit yourself to one-sidedness. We have as many crooks as we have those who were educated yet foolish with their finances. To think that by giving money to the church, money would be returned in the name of God, leaves me speechless.
2 posts removed
bs id guy

Springfield, MA

#303164 Sep 6, 2014
Obama is the English copper leading the Flying Brigade. He's also a marvelous tap dancer, which is important when your only other talent is telling lies.

Here's Obama's full explanation of his policy towards ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, etc:

It's a classic. The supporting cast is his (ahem) coalition. His Major General not only believes this crap, but expects action. Very sad really.

“you know i know”

denver

#303165 Sep 6, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text> You can't help but lie because you can't refute me with facts and data, and you continue to post the same old talking points that have already been debunked and dismissed over and over again. You either can't remember or you stubbornly refuse to accept reality.
Turkey sandwich, leftover birthday cake and cold milk, served to me by my wife as I watch tennis and try to pound some sense into yur concrete like head, a good day.
Is Lean Cuisine on yur menu today, Gertie? Or maybe some pickled turnips and collard greens from the woods? lol

#303166 Sep 6, 2014
Taletha wrote:
<quoted text>
How many shots of vodka did you take before writing that Stan?
While politicians bicker, threats to Americans mount
http://www.silive.com/opinion/letters/index.s...
Our safety and economic life face threats from within and not just from foreign terrorists.

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Location hidden

#303167 Sep 6, 2014
That depends on what the job is.Should a mom and pop business pay a cashier 40000 per year?This would break them.Those who want a living wage should be worthy of EARNING a living wage.That means planning ahead.Training.College or trade school.Or look for a place that has OJT. Work your way up the ladder.Good paying jobs are for those equipped to handle them.They are NOT charity.Nobody has a "Right" to a living wage.That is something that is EARNED.
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder why you are against a living wage. Wages had been going up as the cost of living increased for decades. Not now. So you don't feel that a worker is due a wage that they can live on for the necessities of life?
What is your thinking as to why they shouldn't be given a living wage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Chimney1 201,233
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 min Responsibility 10,375
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 219,454
News Pro-Sanders demonstrators march in the swelteri... 7 min Responsibility 5
News Divided America: Clinton highlights lack of wom... 19 min Responsibility 11
blimp 22 min Touch of God 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min MICHAX 1,403,950
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 232,973
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 3 hr YouDidntBuildThat 130
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 3 hr woodtick57 193
News Ohio's Kasich urges working together at NAACP c... 6 hr spud 166
More from around the web