The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409575 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#294461 Aug 11, 2014
positronium wrote:
Blissfully ignorant or not; the fact remains. Obama is a failure.
and a liar, a hypocrite, a money grubber and a 1% er.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#294462 Aug 11, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
No, why don't you tell me all about it, Jaxxon. lol
Read my reply to NTR. It fits just as well here. The next time you two want to double dog me, have your facts straight and don't twist or mischaracterize my position. I just did not think you or her required it to be dumbed down to what has been obvious to others that have been part of the discussion. Unlike you, we come to an agreement and move on to the next topic. We don't carry on by knit picking everything and we are not letting articles and videos do our thinking or talking. Most of all, we [from both sides] are able to communicate and discuss without the sarcasm or insults. Too bad you can't say the same thing.
This is really simple...which is why I thought you might get it without the use of flash cards to get the point across.

You claimed that the government only creates government jobs. You were wrong.

I have a friend who owns a company that has the contract to feed service members at a local training facility. His company has contracts and does business in the private sector too, but without that government contract and that government spending he would be forced to do away with half his workforce.

Those are real Americans working real jobs for a private company, but those jobs depend on government spending.

Still not clear to you? How about this...

How many pencils, pens, paper products and so forth does the government purchase each and every day?

That spending creates jobs in the private sector.

Want to build a new aircraft, missile system or tank? The companies that get those contracts create tens of thousands of jobs.

Getting it yet?

Like I said earlier, I think we can both agree that the government should not be the primary source of job creation, but when you insist that the government doesn't create private sector jobs you are simply displaying your own ignorance about how the real world works.

“you know i know”

denver

#294463 Aug 11, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously was "ignorant" to the dialogue which was minimal and then attempted to re-write it by lying about it. I'm aware his sole purpose was to stir the pot. It was that obvious.
Jackie is a pedantic prick

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Location hidden

#294464 Aug 11, 2014
Since Hillary knifed many,it must be Karma.
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The dishonest dirtbags in the LSM first knifed poor Hillary in the back and then refused to do their job. They're corrupt thru and thru. I'm sure they'll get back to work after 2016 and the republican president takes office.
republican presidents since 1952 36 years
demorats 26 years
We'll be back, history proves it, when Americans are dissatisfied they revolt against the presidents party

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#294465 Aug 11, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
Their bank accounts really need to be defunded as well as paid back to the tax payers by means of depositing it all into social security for starters. They also need to have their wages decreased significantly to were it was intended to be when it was originally set up in the beginning.
They did not get paid. In the beginning it was an honorary position. They met once or twice a year, or as needed, and only expenses were repaid. This went on for more than 100 years. Most in Congress spent only 2 terms. Only with the "progressive movement" did they decide to pay themselves and make a profession out of it.

“you know i know”

denver

#294466 Aug 11, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a very dangerous terrorist group and not a group to take lightly. Obama underestimated their power and how dangerous they are. On the same note, Americans wanted our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama did get them out Iraq. I do not think we can now take them out of Afghanistan now. We can pass judgement back and forth but I would just soon we exercise that energy of and come up with an effective plan to deal with it. We have been threatened and put on notice. I do not doubt war is coming to America. Now is not the time to be poking at each other. We need to start planning and be prepared to act. This is not going away unless it can be stopped. Take them all out (Isis, Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc).
Many have said Oblamer's weakness has emboldened them, makes sense to me

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#294467 Aug 11, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
LBJ?<quoted text>
over half a century ago...you might as well be talking about the horse and buggy era...

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#294468 Aug 11, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
and a liar, a hypocrite, a money grubber and a 1% er.
What I Saw at Iowa’s So-Co Circus
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08...
With 2016 just around the corner, GOP presidential hopefuls turned out in droves at Iowa’s Family Leader conference.

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#294469 Aug 11, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
Yes.If they EARNED it legally.And you would need to show me some evidence.IMO,this is not true.Why do you hate the wealthy?I do not just mean you personally.I mean most Liberals.The self made Rich are what make this country go.The inventors.The investors.The CEO's.The big industrialists.The Brain surgeons and rocket scientists.The computer experts.Try to run a High Tech society without the folks you berate.Can't be done by muscle.<quoted text>
We also have the corrupt wealthy that we can't turn a blind eye to. Unfortunately by clumping all the wealthy together, it makes it difficult to deal with the corruption. Until that distinction is made it will be business as usual with no end in sight. Let's not punish the wealthy that do play by the rules within the laws of doing so. On the same note, we will always have corruption no matter how much disdain there is towards them. We need lobbyists out of our government for starters.

Location hidden

#294470 Aug 11, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar
Would you care to point out where you think I lied, or are you simply trolling as usual?

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#294471 Aug 11, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Man Killed by Off-Duty Officer in Dallas
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Man-Dies-In-...
Collette Flanagan, with Mothers Against Police Brutality, said the shooting should not have happened.
"Just because he has an arrest record, his life doesn't belong to the Dallas Police Department," she said.
Flanagan's son, Clinton Allen, was killed in a March 2013 Dallas police-involved shooting.
Flanagan believes too many people die at the hands of Dallas police, and she supports calls for a U.S. Justice Department investigation of those cases.
"We have a really bad problem in Dallas," Flanagan said.
In response to complaints and lawsuits, Dallas Police Chief David Brown revised policy and training standards for use of force in January.
I guess you've never been to Dallas.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#294472 Aug 11, 2014
freebird wrote:
I can actually count to 21. I have 10 fingers and 10 toes, and you can figure out the rest. That's why guys are better at math than girls.
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you don't have ten fingers. If you're like most humans, you probably have ten digits on your hands, but two of them are thumbs and the other eight are fingers. Of course, that's from a female perspective.

Location hidden

#294473 Aug 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i think they love hearing what you think. it is great fodder for jokes...
I told him pretty much the same thing going all the way back when he was calling himself ralff.

I may disagree with much of what he says, but the more he talks the better as far as I'm concerned.

“For The Love Of Country”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#294474 Aug 11, 2014
Thorn wrote:
NTRPRNR1 wrote: LOL. Yep. Toss out a little "Fancy Farm" and chop in some iceberg lettuce, and get the "lowdown". Fancy Farm is where candidates provide their initial impressions. Yeah. We know.. There is no lowdown. It's the most public face a potential candidate can present prior to actually campaigning. If the Fancy Farm picnic is the lowdown, GR, everybody and their grandmother/grandfather who reads the news in the entire state has been provided the lowdown. You actually can do better than that if you infiltrate the right circles in politics. No, I'm not implying I have, but I'm positive you don't have a clue.
I just provided you a little backgrounder on Alison Lundergan Grimes' family that you "think" you know something about. She stands on her own merits as an attorney who graduated cum laude from American University Washington College of Law, working as an associate at Stoll Keenon Ogden and serving as Kentucky Secretary of State. I don't bark orders. That's something you try to do, and when anybody tells you to KTA that they're independent and not under your thumb, you freak out entirely. You're some kind of mentally compromised control freak. < end >
ROTFLMAO. May 30, 2014.#270641
You seemed to be accusing or assuming something. I get it now.
Here is what you were after X-Man? Like I said I don't post on here very often so I know the timeframe. Your pal is accusing me of being GR. Sorry pal but you and NTPR will have to p!$$ on another tree.
Apparently anyone who does not agree with them are "GR" or socks of his. A whole new level of paranoia in one place. Interesting.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#294475 Aug 11, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
We also have the corrupt wealthy that we can't turn a blind eye to. Unfortunately by clumping all the wealthy together, it makes it difficult to deal with the corruption. Until that distinction is made it will be business as usual with no end in sight. Let's not punish the wealthy that do play by the rules within the laws of doing so. On the same note, we will always have corruption no matter how much disdain there is towards them. We need lobbyists out of our government for starters.
still don't understand the most basic foundation of your own nation, do you.... why are you such a poor citizen? don't you care about your own nation?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#294476 Aug 11, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't help but have a problem with posts that attribute to the President situations over which he cannot dictate. He is not a dictator and is subject to the legislation that is introduced in Congress, passed by both houses and placed on his desk for signature. He seldom even has the chance to veto legislation that conflicts with his election promises because so little legislation has been placed on his desk to sign. He is frequently blamed for the gridlock in Congress which is primarily a function of the Republican led House where nothing he has recommended has been deemed acceptable.
Now, what specific ideologies do you object to about this President that are not part of his promises leading up to his re-election? I did not agree with everything he said he wanted to do, but I also certainly didn't want to follow the Republican plan for the country, and neither did the majority of American voters.
Prior to Obama's first election, I was a registered Republican of long standing. I voted for Bush the first and W. not once but twice. Almost immediately after I voted for W. the second time, I deeply regretted my foolishness. I abhor the direction we have been headed under Republican rule which is personally intrusive, panders to the wealthy elite Oligarchy and is totally indifferent to the plight of America's working classes whose income is derived from wages and salary. I'm currently a registered Independent, but I'm waivering toward registering again - as a Democrat. Of course, many of you here have been responsible for my further estrangement from all things "Republican". Moderate Republicans are excoriated and denigrated here. They, like America's middle class, are a dying breed. I find that to be very sad because I believe a two party system works best. Most of the folks on the extreme right here dismiss polls summarily. You may be the exception.
Anyhow, specifically, what policies of Obama's upset you greatly, and what were you expecting him to do about intransigence in Congress? Did you think he should forget about the promises he made when we elected him and surrender to Republican demands? Would that make you think more highly of the man and his principles?
"ntr"
You are a troll.Why do you not be honest for a change? The House has passed more than 300 bills that hairless reed of the Senate will not allow a vote on. If they are so bad why will hairless not permit a vote? Could it be he is afraid some of the bills might pass forcing the boy president nobama to veto the? For you cooperation between the congress and the president is a one way street, congress should do the presidents biding and nobama should completely ignore anything that comes from congress.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#294477 Aug 11, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, you don't have ten fingers. If you're like most humans, you probably have ten digits on your hands, but two of them are thumbs and the other eight are fingers. Of course, that's from a female perspective.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

Gawd I laughed hard at this..
Bonnie

United States

#294478 Aug 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
ever see "being human"? great flick. never underestimate the importance of a good pair of shoes.
LMAO.. Ducks don't wear shoes.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#294479 Aug 11, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
These dirtbags will attack any conservative, no matter how polite, it never fails, I've seen it many times, best just to ignore them, they're all cowards and liars.
The voter-fraud problem that plainly doesn’t exist
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-v...
Just so we’re clear, Republican policymakers have launched a national campaign, imposing the most severe voting restrictions since the Jim Crow era, all the while characterizing voter fraud as a national scourge that can only be addressed through voter-ID laws.

Except the only genuine fraud here has been the GOP argument.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#294480 Aug 11, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, you don't have ten fingers. If you're like most humans, you probably have ten digits on your hands, but two of them are thumbs and the other eight are fingers. Of course, that's from a female perspective.
That's what happens when you have "ten fingers" and half a brain and that small half is prone to sexism.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 2 min positronium 18,217
News The Latest: White House freezes new regulations 2 min 16 TEEN SHOTS 36
News Inside Gays for Trump's Deploraball Dance Party 2 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News OPG report on planned nuclear waste bunker blas... 2 min send it 2 Manitoba 1
News Popovich blasts Donald Trump and aides: They're... 3 min Mikey 54
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,483,094
News News 16 Mins Ago Inaugural speech is Trump's ti... 5 min RustyS 184
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min brad 256,676
News In Trump We Trust: Inauguration prompts celebra... 1 hr Mikey 114
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 3 hr TRUMP 45 2,042
More from around the web