The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 387768 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#293294 Aug 9, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
Obviously you know as little of semantics as you do of history.Since I did not answer posted question,and will not ,input was indeed rejected. <quoted text>
semantics wouldn't come into play here...do you actually know what that word means? why did you use it incorrectly there?
1 post removed

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#293296 Aug 9, 2014
Anyone can cross examine and then SAY they have proven something.You have proven nothing.I stand by my statement.Reagan was the prime mover in the collapse of the USSR.SDI had a lot to do with it.I provided a source.You did not.USSR probably would have collapsed eventually,but Reagan did precipitate early collapse.These are facts,as a lawyer would say.And they can't be disputed.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the vietnam war was not a challenge?
yes, you did contradict yourself several times. i twisted no words at any time.
this discussion is out of your league. yes, you spoke you piece and i showed you where it was pure BS...then you agreed with that assessment.
1 post removed
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#293298 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not being a lib, i wouldn't know.
so now you just cons tradicted yoru own statement and backed up mine. they system of the USSR was unsustainable...it was not reagan that toppled it, it was themselves as i stated and now you jsut agreed with, contrary to your previous BS post .
in fact, dear, every president before Reagan challenged them with our space race, our containment policy vis-a -vis the global expansion policy of the USSR, with our military readiness, with our economic prowess and the spreading of such across the planet where possible.
are you going to change your mind and agree with these facts also in your next post?
Reagan’s conviction that the Soviet Union was both a dangerous military power and a collapsing economic system derived not from any deep knowledge of the Soviet Union. Yet he proved to be the proverbial right man in the right place at the right time. By whatever means he arrived at his views regarding the Soviet Union, he drew from them policy directions that were devastatingly effective in undermining the rotten Soviet edifice. Because of the high oil prices of the 1970s the Soviet leadership avoided serious economic reforms, such as those that saved Deng Xiaoping’s China. Instead, it relied on oil revenues as a means of keeping its decrepit economy going. By the early 1980s the Soviet Union was becoming a hollow shell, with an unreformed and increasingly backward industrial base producing outmoded pre-computer armaments. Thus it was highly vulnerable to the pressures that the Reagan administration was planning.

A central instrument for putting pressure on the Soviet Union was Reagan’s massive defense build-up, which raised defense spending from $134 billion in 1980 to $253 billion in 1989. This raised American defense spending to 7 percent of GDP, dramatically increasing the federal deficit. Yet in its efforts to keep up with the American defense build-up, the Soviet Union was compelled in the first half of the 1980s to raise the share of its defense spending from 22 percent to 27 percent of GDP, while it froze the production of civilian goods at 1980 levels.

Particularly effective, though with unintended long-term side effects, was the Reagan administration’s support for the mujahideen (holy warriors) that were fighting against the Soviet forces in Afghanistan. Reagan was determined to make Afghanistan the Soviet Vietnam. Therefore in 1986 he decided to provide the mujahideen with portable surface-to-air Stinger missiles, which proved devastatingly effective in increasing Soviet air losses (particularly helicopters). The war in Afghanistan cost the United States about $1 billion per annum in aid to the mujahideen; it cost the Soviet Union eight times as much, helping bankrupt its economy.
Apart from his defense policies, Reagan also weakened the Soviet Union through economic moves. His supporters’ claims that he brought about the fall of the Soviet Union are somewhat weakened by the fact that he ended Carter’s grain embargo, which had produced alarming food shortages in the Soviet Union. On the other hand Reagan was able to reduce the flow of Western technology to the Soviet Union, as well to limit Soviet natural gas exports to Western Europe. One of the most effective ways in which his economic policies weakened the Soviet Union was by helping bring about a drastic fall in the price of oil in the 1980s, thereby denying the Soviet Union large inflows of hard currency".

http://wais.stanford.edu/History/history_ussr...

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#293299 Aug 9, 2014
A branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning.Since I did NOT answer your question,your input was indeed rejected.Twist your way out of THAT one.To be continued.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>semantics wouldn't come into play here...do you actually know what that word means? why did you use it incorrectly there?

“Slice and Dice ”

Since: Jan 14

SUNNY

#293300 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, not opinions at all proven facts. proven by history. and then you actually agreed with my facts, dear...
do you even understand what it is you are typing? just admit it. you spewed the BS about Reagan ending the USSR that you parroted without understanding the real facts of the matter..man up and admit it. you are just making a bigger ass of yourself trying to backpeddle.
Woody your 8 tons of B.S. but I like it...lol...Hey you ever have any ticks suck blood out of you..I've had 5 or 6 over the years and one of them was in my back and I tried the match trick an it didn't work as a matter fact it killed it so I call the doc. and he said come on down an will cut it out and I said bull chit so I had somebody cut it with a pocket knife ,kind like the Rambo thing you know....hehe....Hey how's that knee doing and the blacktop work going and that 8 ton sweeper.....Also my take on Reagan and USSR is that Reagan just put the final nail in the coffin because the cold war with USSR started after world war 2 and ended with Reagan driving that last nail in....lol...It all start with who could build the biggest bomb and then the space race and who has the best navy, then all the little battles fighting commies every where they tried to take over some country on on on tell finally they just couldn't keep up with U.S.A.....heehee we wiped there azz but there on the rise again and the fun is starting all over again..lol
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#293301 Aug 9, 2014
Anyone can cross examine and then SAY they have proven something.You have proven nothing.I stand by my statement.Reagan was the prime mover in the collapse of the USSR.SDI had a lot to do with it.I provided a source.You did not.USSR probably would have collapsed eventually,but Reagan did precipitate early collapse.These are facts,as a lawyer would say.And they can't be disputed. <quoted text>
Reagan’s most controversial defense initiative was SDI, the visionary project to create an anti-missile defense system that would remove the nuclear sword of Damocles from America’s homeland. Experts still disagree about the long-term feasibility of missile defense, some comparing it in substance to the Hollywood sci-fi blockbuster Star Wars. But the SDI’s main effect was to demonstrate U. S. technological superiority over the Soviet Union and its ability to expand the arms race into space. This helped convince the Soviet leadership under Gorbachev to throw in the towel and bid for a de-escalation of the arms race.

St. Croix valley

#293302 Aug 9, 2014
Anyone can cross examine and then SAY they have proven something.You have proven nothing.I stand by my statement.Reagan was the prime mover in the collapse of the USSR.SDI had a lot to do with it.I provided a source.You did not.USSR probably would have collapsed eventually,but Reagan did precipitate early collapse.These are facts,as a lawyer would say.And they can't be disputed. <quoted text>
and yet i clearly did dispute them.

so nothing at all on this supposed military buildup in the USSR that reagan caused, or a response to our SDI? nothing at all? so you just posted that bullshit to make yourself look even more foolish?

i counter everything you say, and yo have yet to show one of my facts to be false..why is that?

lets go over it again....us biggest gov't run health care on the planet, you said we would never have that in the US...

no proof at all about this supposed USSR buildup of arms in response to reagan's policies. no proof of any response to SDI which you called a bluff and i showed to be more bullshit from you as we spent millions and millions on that waste...

not one mention of all the previous administrations efforts to hold back and counter the USSR in fact, you said they did nothing while i gave specific examples of what they did do...

you are so out of your league, dear. you are spewing bullshit about things you clearly have absolutely no idea of, and you are making a total ass of yourself in the process.

St. Croix valley

#293303 Aug 9, 2014
A branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning.Since I did NOT answer your question,your input was indeed rejected.Twist your way out of THAT one.To be continued.<quoted text>
still not relevant, dear. you answered several of my posts where i claimed you spewed bulllshit. you did just now with this post i am responding to...
and that still has nothing at all to do with semantics..

1 post removed

St. Croix valley

#293305 Aug 9, 2014
Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>Woody your 8 tons of B.S. but I like it...lol...Hey you ever have any ticks suck blood out of you..I've had 5 or 6 over the years and one of them was in my back and I tried the match trick an it didn't work as a matter fact it killed it so I call the doc. and he said come on down an will cut it out and I said bull chit so I had somebody cut it with a pocket knife ,kind like the Rambo thing you know....hehe....Hey how's that knee doing and the blacktop work going and that 8 ton sweeper.....Also my take on Reagan and USSR is that Reagan just put the final nail in the coffin because the cold war with USSR started after world war 2 and ended with Reagan driving that last nail in....lol...It all start with who could build the biggest bomb and then the space race and who has the best navy, then all the little battles fighting commies every where they tried to take over some country on on on tell finally they just couldn't keep up with U.S.A.....heehee we wiped there azz but there on the rise again and the fun is starting all over again..lol
actually, i ended in Bush's presidency..

not many real communist countries left, sunny. russia isn't communist anymore. nor is china. vietnam still is close as is cuba...

the knee is doing great...even after i slopped off one of my machines and hyperflexed it...go figure...i guess i still have a few years left in me...

what BS have i ever posted, sunny?

hope all is well with you.

“Slice and Dice ”

SUNNY

#293306 Aug 9, 2014
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sunny :)
Here's a link to a 'courageous' nun in London, and about the White House
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/...
Going out in the 'fresh air' for the Famous 127 Yard Sale ...
Have a GREAT Day *Patriots*
Toodles
;~)
Hi A.L....Very brave lady for sure....I like yard sales its like treasure hunting,my wife finds these 150 dollar pants all the time for 5 bucks and some of them still have tags on them....One thing I have found out about yard sales is that women buy a lot of pants...lol

St. Croix valley

#293307 Aug 9, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan’s most controversial defense initiative was SDI, the visionary project to create an anti-missile defense system that would remove the nuclear sword of Damocles from America’s homeland. Experts still disagree about the long-term feasibility of missile defense, some comparing it in substance to the Hollywood sci-fi blockbuster Star Wars. But the SDI’s main effect was to demonstrate U. S. technological superiority over the Soviet Union and its ability to expand the arms race into space. This helped convince the Soviet leadership under Gorbachev to throw in the towel and bid for a de-escalation of the arms race.
why would failed program convince anyone of our tech superiority? everything else about our society and military already did that?

seems you fell for the bullshit propaganda about the SDI...did you also believe that the patriot missiles actually worked in iraq?
1 post removed

“Slice and Dice ”

SUNNY

#293309 Aug 9, 2014
bannedagain3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Messiah ,the great orator ,is on tv giving yet another speech I have lost track of how many times he has said Ah, hum, ahhh , umm or I
Harvard attorney my ass this guy cannot give s speech correctly even with a teleprompter
Bad choice for the American people no matter how much the true believer lie about hs accomplishments He can't blame this on Bush
Me no vote for Messiah B.O. an your right about the Ah,hum,ahh,ummor I...LOL

St. Croix valley

#293310 Aug 9, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan’s conviction that the Soviet Union was both a dangerous military power and a collapsing economic system derived not from any deep knowledge of the Soviet Union. Yet he proved to be the proverbial right man in the right place at the right time. By whatever means he arrived at his views regarding the Soviet Union, he drew from them policy directions that were devastatingly effective in undermining the rotten Soviet edifice. Because of the high oil prices of the 1970s the Soviet leadership avoided serious economic reforms, such as those that saved Deng Xiaoping’s China. Instead, it relied on oil revenues as a means of keeping its decrepit economy going. By the early 1980s the Soviet Union was becoming a hollow shell, with an unreformed and increasingly backward industrial base producing outmoded pre-computer armaments. Thus it was highly vulnerable to the pressures that the Reagan administration was planning.
A central instrument for putting pressure on the Soviet Union was Reagan’s massive defense build-up, which raised defense spending from $134 billion in 1980 to $253 billion in 1989. This raised American defense spending to 7 percent of GDP, dramatically increasing the federal deficit. Yet in its efforts to keep up with the American defense build-up, the Soviet Union was compelled in the first half of the 1980s to raise the share of its defense spending from 22 percent to 27 percent of GDP, while it froze the production of civilian goods at 1980 levels.
Particularly effective, though with unintended long-term side effects, was the Reagan administration’s support for the mujahideen (holy warriors) that were fighting against the Soviet forces in Afghanistan. Reagan was determined to make Afghanistan the Soviet Vietnam. Therefore in 1986 he decided to provide the mujahideen with portable surface-to-air Stinger missiles, which proved devastatingly effective in increasing Soviet air losses (particularly helicopters). The war in Afghanistan cost the United States about $1 billion per annum in aid to the mujahideen; it cost the Soviet Union eight times as much, helping bankrupt its economy.
Apart from his defense policies, Reagan also weakened the Soviet Union through economic moves. His supporters’ claims that he brought about the fall of the Soviet Union are somewhat weakened by the fact that he ended Carter’s grain embargo, which had produced alarming food shortages in the Soviet Union. On the other hand Reagan was able to reduce the flow of Western technology to the Soviet Union, as well to limit Soviet natural gas exports to Western Europe. One of the most effective ways in which his economic policies weakened the Soviet Union was by helping bring about a drastic fall in the price of oil in the 1980s, thereby denying the Soviet Union large inflows of hard currency".
a three percent of GDP raise in spending put the nail in the coffin? really?

you do realize that what you copied and pasted but didn't understand backs up exactly what i stated, don't you?

how did reagan lower the price of oil on the world openly traded commodity market?

St. Croix valley

#293311 Aug 9, 2014
Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>Hi A.L....Very brave lady for sure....I like yard sales its like treasure hunting,my wife finds these 150 dollar pants all the time for 5 bucks and some of them still have tags on them....One thing I have found out about yard sales is that women buy a lot of pants...lol
do the bedbugs come with for free or are they extra?
1 post removed

“Slice and Dice ”

SUNNY

#293313 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, i ended in Bush's presidency..
not many real communist countries left, sunny. russia isn't communist anymore. nor is china. vietnam still is close as is cuba...
the knee is doing great...even after i slopped off one of my machines and hyperflexed it...go figure...i guess i still have a few years left in me...
what BS have i ever posted, sunny?
hope all is well with you.
Heehee your just to funny woody......Russia and China are still commie there just hiding right now and waiting for the right time to show there ugly face which could be soon.....Got to go woody it's been sunny here for so many days I've lost count and I don't need to be on here right now because its another sunny day ...LATER
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#293314 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would failed program convince anyone of our tech superiority? everything else about our society and military already did that?
seems you fell for the bullshit propaganda about the SDI...did you also believe that the patriot missiles actually worked in iraq?
But the SDI’s main effect was to demonstrate U. S. technological superiority over the Soviet Union and its ability to expand the arms race into space. This helped convince the Soviet leadership under Gorbachev to throw in the towel and bid for a de-escalation of the arms race.

http://wais.stanford.edu/History/history_ussr ...

“Slice and Dice ”

SUNNY

#293315 Aug 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do the bedbugs come with for free or are they extra?
"Funny" but that is something to think about for sure...hehehe

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#293316 Aug 9, 2014
- Lady Liberty - wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind, Rose. First you place me under suspicion for ignoring your ludicrous accusations. When I deny your ludicrous accusations you say you don't care. WTH? No, I am not "GR". I do not need people worshipping me, defending me like you and your friends do.
I may be a "piece of work" because you say so [lol] but not in the shoes of "GR". I speak my mind, I am polite when I address others. You are a very crass and crude woman. That is just who you are. Own it.
I have not seen any honest poster making those same accusations, Rose. So you lie once again.
I think you and your friends are more upset that I do know what I opine, I can disagree politely without being crass or crude and maybe, I just knocked someone off their pedestal. That was never my intentions and if that is the case, there still is nothing I can offer outside of telling you and them to get over it and move on. This is a public message board and no one owns it except for the proprietors. There are no Queens or Kings here except for self-aggrandized posters.
LOL! You are such a liar.

Only GR said to me "You are a very crass and crude woman," and he posted that insult often. You use many cliches, grammatical errors, idioms, etc. that GR uses. I really don't understand why you keep denying it though.

No GR, I am not a "crass and crude woman," but it's always been your style to insult women when you've been outed for the fraud and liar you are.

You're a narcissist and a control freak and you always have been, and yes you are definitely Ghost Rider but why the secrecy? You just can't be honest about anything.

You only started denying this when I mentioned that you hadn't said a word about it. Any other person would defend themselves or ask questions right from the start. Then your henchman, Savoy, brought up your son, just out of the blue and demanding apologies.

Oh your faithful little lapdogs will never betray your charade, and you've managed to pull the wool over the newbies eyes, but the long-time posters know who you are and what your game is.

No, I don't care who you are. I just don't like liars and frauds and manipulative people like you.

Martinez, CA

#293317 Aug 9, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Boolsheet!
You also tell them to grow up, and they are 10 years old , as well as telling them to GF themselves. Liar!
Gawd !!! your dense!
You're the liar. I do not tell EVERYONE to "FO" or to "STFU."

You're a fool, but everyone knows that. Now go do GR's bidding, lapdog. LOL!

Martinez, CA

#293318 Aug 9, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
You better watch out , Next Rose and NTR will start accusing you of being "Ladyfed" !
Ladyfed was an awesome poster her back in the day !
lolol
How stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,002
News Here's what Britain's vote to leave the EU tell... 1 min He Named Me Black... 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min DanFromSmithville 199,128
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 2 min Cat74 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Henry 1,394,327
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 824
News Oklahoma Lawmaker Shares Article Arguing Islam ... 3 min Anymay 62
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 11 min barefoot2626 964
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 16 min spocko 358
News Rebellious Democrats disrupt House, stage protest 18 min Cat74 206
News Trump hits 'hostile' media, 'rogue' Scarborough... 1 hr WasteWater 240
More from around the web