The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 336136 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#284030 Jul 14, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
Boycott planned for Obama Iftar dinner
http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar...
A number of prominent Muslim American are vowing to boycott Monday’s Ramadan dinner at the White House — citing domestic spying on Muslims and the Israeli attack on Gaza.
Boycott and protest efforts are actively underway in the wider Muslim American and Arab American communities — with one of the best-known civil rights groups in such circles joining calls to skip the annual Iftar dinner this year.
Good!!

Looks like His Muslim Brothers are seeing him for what he is too!
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldpeace

United States

#284031 Jul 14, 2014
Mr Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.faithfacts.org/what-we-believe
Who We Are
"Faith Facts is a Bible-based, para-church ministry not affiliated with any denomination. Our mission is to further the gospel, that more may find a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the blessings of Christian living."
Gospel is fine in a place of worship....it's a matter opinion. No place in Government or Politics.
And, you sound like a nutty/criminal Dominionist who want take over the world and US govt!

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#284032 Jul 14, 2014
Trapped on the Border
I came to Texas to document the crisis of undocumented immigrants. Now I’m stuck.
By JOSE ANTONIO VARGAS
July 11, 2014
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/0...
When my friend Mony Ruiz-Velasco, an immigration lawyer who used to work in the area, saw on my Facebook page that I was in McAllen, she texted me:“I am so glad you are visiting the kids near the border. But how will you get through the checkpoint on your way back?” A curious question, I thought, and one I dismissed. I’ve visited the border before, in California. What checkpoint? What was she talking about?

Of course, I can only travel within the United States and, for identification, when I fly I use a valid passport that was issued by my native country, the Philippines. But each flight is a gamble. My passport lacks a visa. If TSA agents discover this, they can contact CBP, which, in turn, can detain me. But so far, I haven’t had any problems, either because I look the way I do (“You’re not brown and you don’t look like a Jose Antonio Vargas,” an immigration advocate once told me), or talk the way I do—or because, as a security agent at John F. Kennedy International Airport who recognized me said without a hint of irony,“You seem so American.”
San Dimas Republican

San Dimas, CA

#284033 Jul 14, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico You should get a life besides Topix - and trolling women posters who told you years ago to GFY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
You took the bate.
Im winning again!
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning the special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#284034 Jul 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>would you prefer the economy we had when he took office or the one we have now?
yes, i am a conservative, which is why i deal with facts like that.
President Obama and his paid spokespeople like to point out that the economy is doing better now than during the depths of the last recession, which ended in official records four years ago! But economies always do better in recoveries than during recessions. So that is a very low standard by which to judge Obama’s record.

The real question is how does President Obama’s recovery compare to the other recoveries of other Presidents from other recessions. Since the Great Depression, there have been 11 other recessions in America before this last one. In all those recessions, the economy recovered all jobs lost during the recession an average of 25 months after the recession began. So the job effects of prior post Depression recessions lasted an average of about 2 years. But here we are today, 5½ years, or 67 months, after the recession started, and we still have not recovered all of the jobs lost during the recession.

In addition, middle class incomes have continued to fall during Obama’s recovery, losing even more ground than during the recession. The number in poverty has also continued to soar during Obama’s supposed recovery, to about 50 million, the most in the more than 50 years that Census has been tracking poverty, with the poverty rate up to 16.1%, higher than when the War on Poverty started in 1965. Indeed, despite all of Obama’s rhetoric, inequality has started rising during his Presidency.

These are the reasons why President Obama’s recovery has been commonly characterized as the worst recovery from any recession since the Great Depression.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
3 posts removed
Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284038 Jul 15, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
Thanx.I thought you were against what I post.Nice to get some respect from your opposition.<quoted text>
I am against what most post because too me Republicans are gangsters and the Democrats are racketeers who work in the interest of Wall Street and not Main Street.

These two corrupt parties in collusion with corrupt corporate mainstream media and corrupt corporate rightwing media have to divide and conquer our ignorant masses.

RINOS and LINOS.

LOL
Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284039 Jul 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the original text of the speech correctly called it the military-industrial-congressio nal complex.(the former cannot function without funding from the latter...)
he was 'advised' to take out the congressional part. but those if us who know how this nation works still use the correct terminology.
The most powerful people in Washington DC are the heads of appropriations in the Senate and the House, and some funds goes directly to the Pentagon without anyone else in Congress knowing about it.

You are correct about the wording btw.
Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284040 Jul 15, 2014
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't go back far enough. Bankers and industrialists have always controlled US politics to a certain degree, but Wilson made their takeover of the US federal government easier with the Federal Reserve Act (written by unelected bankers, CFR members all). It handed over was an example for all future presidents and politicians to be wary of. Wealth, power, and extortion rule in Washington DC. And they aren't done yet.
“Let us face reality. The framers (of the Constitution) have simply been too shrewd for us. They have outwitted us. They designed separate institutions that cannot be unified by mechanical linkages, frail bridges,(or) tinkering. If we are to turn the founders upside down… we must directly confront the Constitutional structure they erected.”
- James MacGregor Burns, Council on Foreign Relations member, 1984
“We are not going to achieve a new world order without paying for it in blood as well as in words and money.”
- Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., in the CFR's magazine, "Foreign Affairs" (July/August 1995)
“The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down…but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault.”
- Richard Gardner, CFR member writing in the April l974 issue of the CFR’s journal, Foreign Affairs.
“We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..”
- President Bill Clinton, CFR Member USA Today–3-11-93
As far as Clinton he was taken out of context but I am in agreement with you how powerful the Federal Reserve, Wall Street, Chamber of Commerce and the CFR members really are.

I heard the president of the Chamber say recently that they will never back another Tea Party candidate and I also heard from some CFR members who do not want Jeb Bush to run because of his failure of a president brother George.

I still think it will be Jeb vs Hillary in 2016.

Wall Street always wins and We The People always lose.

John Kerry and George W. Bush were both members of Skull and Bones.

I think you will agree that James Madison does go back far enough?

LOL

==========

The Constitution 101:

In the Federalist Papers it said: We were not going to have a monarchy, and we were not going to have a democracy.$$$$$$$

And to this day we have neither. For two hundred years we have had an oligarchical system in which men of property can do well (Dumbya Bush), and others are on their own.$$$$$$$

American politics is essentially a family affair, as are most oligarchies. When the father of the Constitution, James Madison, was asked how on earth any business could get done in Congress when the country contained 100 million people whose representatives would number half a thousand, Madison took the line that oligarchy's iron law always obtains: A few people invariably run the show; and keep it, if they can, in the family.$$$$$$$

Our founding fathers had such a fear and loathing of democracy that they invented the Electoral College so that the popular voice of the people could be throttled, much as the Supreme Court throttled the Floridians on December 12, 2000.$$$$$$$

We were to be neither a democracy, subject to majoritarian tyranny, nor a dictatorship, subject to Caesarean folly.$$$$$$$

As American media is controlled by that corporate America which provides us with political candidates a well-informed electorate is not possible.$$$$$$$
http://tinyurl.com/bzeovg

=======

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.
Benito Mussolini

=========

Bill Clinton Quote Taken Out of Context
February 9, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/79shuoh
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/bill-clinton...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#284041 Jul 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you still need an impeachable offense, adn since there isn't one, you are shit out of luck...just you and Sarah Palin bitching in the wind...
I don't need an impeachable offense. I am not the one being impeached. Obama has many however, and Palin knows what they are. I happen to be one of millions that believe her and not you, bundhund.
Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284042 Jul 15, 2014
Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't go back far enough. Bankers and industrialists have always controlled US politics to a certain degree, but Wilson made their takeover of the US federal government easier with the Federal Reserve Act (written by unelected bankers, CFR members all). It handed over unprecedented power to unelected bankers, giving them control of the US monetary system and the US economy at the government level. The bank bailout bill simply handed these unelected bankers control of the US Treasury, as well (no surprise at all that both Bush and Obama pushed for it, Bush was a CFR member, and Obama is a CFR puppet). Since 1913, it mattered not who polished the chair in the oval office. They all had CFR advisors (read: handlers), and pretty much did what they were told for the puppet show, except JFK, who proved to be an annoyance to the wealthy and powerful. He wanted to put the power back where it was intended to be (and, incidentally, in his own hands). His murder was an example for all future presidents and politicians to be wary of. Wealth, power, and extortion rule in Washington DC. And they aren't done yet.
“Let us face reality. The framers (of the Constitution) have simply been too shrewd for us.- Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., in the CFR's magazine, "Foreign Affairs" (July/August 1995)
“The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top writing in the April l974 issue of the CFR’s journal, Foreign Affairs.
“We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans..”
- President Bill Clinton, CFR Member USA Today–3-11-93
As far as Clinton he was taken out of context but I am in agreement with you how powerful the Federal Reserve, Wall Street, Chamber of Commerce and the CFR members really are.

I heard the president of the Chamber say recently that they will never back another Tea Party candidate and I also heard from some CFR members who do not want Jeb Bush to run because of his failure of a president brother George.

LOL

==========

The Constitution 101:

In the Federalist Papers it said: We were not going to have a monarchy, and we were not going to have a democracy.$$$$$$$

And to this day we have neither. For two hundred years we have had an oligarchical system in which men of property can do well (Dumbya Bush), and others are on their own.$$$$$$$

American politics is essentially a family affair, as are most oligarchies. When the father of the Constitution, James Madison, was asked how on earth any business could get done in Congress when the country contained 100 million people whose representatives would number half a thousand, Madison took the line that oligarchy's iron law always obtains: A few people invariably run the show; and keep it, if they can, in the family.$$$$$$$

Our founding fathers had such a fear and loathing of democracy that they invented the Electoral College so that the popular voice of the people could be throttled, much as the Supreme Court throttled the Floridians on December 12, 2000.$$$$$$$

We were to be neither a democracy, subject to majoritarian tyranny, nor a dictatorship, subject to Caesarean folly.$$$$$$$

As American media is controlled by that corporate America which provides us with political candidates a well-informed electorate is not possible.$$$$$$$

=======

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.
Benito Mussolini

=========

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#284043 Jul 15, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
Once again.Doesn't have to be that way.<quoted text>
Agree, many, many, many times it isn't and anything can be traded including guns, Atomic bombs, Bales of hay, Liquor, diamonds, missles, military equipment , rare earth metals, food etc .
The firm knows the ins and outs of trading.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#284044 Jul 15, 2014
Coffee Party wrote:
<quoted text>The most powerful people in Washington DC are the heads of appropriations in the Senate and the House, and some funds goes directly to the Pentagon without anyone else in Congress knowing about it.

You are correct about the wording btw.
Dumb and dumber. That's democrats and republicans
Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284045 Jul 15, 2014
"Independent patriot"

You didn't go back far enough. Bankers and industrialists have always controlled US politics to a certain degree, but Wilson made their takeover of the US federal government easier with the Federal Reserve Act (written by unelected bankers, CFR members all). It handed over unprecedented power to unelected bankers, giving them control of the US monetary system and the US economy at the government level. The bank bailout bill simply handed these unelected bankers control of the US Treasury, as well (no surprise at all that both Bush and Obama pushed for it, Bush was a CFR member, and Obama is a CFR puppet).

==========

LOL

==========

The Constitution 101:

=======

Benito Mussolini

=========

Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284046 Jul 15, 2014
The Economic Consequences of Mr. Bush
The next president will have to deal with yet another crippling legacy of George W. Bush: the economy. A Nobel laureate, Joseph E. Stiglitz, sees a generation-long struggle to recoup.
by Joseph E. Stiglitz / December 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/22j48m
When we look back someday at the catastrophe that was the Bush administration, we will think of many things: the tragedy of the Iraq war, the shame of Guantánamo and Abu Ghraib, the erosion of civil liberties. The damage done to the American economy does not make front-page headlines every day, but the repercussions will be felt beyond the lifetime of anyone reading this page.
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2...
Truth

Covina, CA

#284047 Jul 15, 2014
Sarah Palin failed.
Republicans failed, repeat offenders

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#284048 Jul 15, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Hack Your Brain With A Machine That Reads Minds
http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/30/hack-your-br...
It works by scanning your brain for signals using the Emotiv EEG device on your head. That device then relays your signals through a brain-computer interface to detect emotions, interest and a slew of other things. It takes some work but, as the video above shows, it also helps you use your Jedi training skills to move objects with just the power of thought.
Our firm is currently conducting research in this field and it is very impressive.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#284049 Jul 15, 2014
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was fairly easy to figure out who you are. But what no one can find is this huge following you claim to have. Why didn't they get out and vote last election? Then you wouldn't have had to eat your words.
BTW, our President has done better than most, and he still has time to do more and better.
Well then, who am I? When did I ever claim to have a "following"? I know that millions of Americans agree with me that our president is failing us.

I also disagree with your statement that our president has done better than most. Our president has not done better than most and millions agree with me.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#284050 Jul 15, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life Posit.
A perfect example of liberal rhetoric.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Wekweti NT

#284051 Jul 15, 2014
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
I'll be sure to let law enforcement know that. ;)
Law enforcement is the least of my worries.
I am a law abiding citizen. OF THE U.S.!
Coffee Party

Islip, NY

#284052 Jul 15, 2014
Curiosityforever wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb and dumber. That's democrats and republicans
Yes dumb and dumber.

But how about Smart and Smarter?

They all laugh to the bank while everyone else they supposedly represent gets the shaft.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 3 min barefoot2626 2,220
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,261,713
News The no sale of Confederate flags has reached Co... 3 min Freebird USA 376
News Hillary Clinton on emails: 'The facts are prett... 6 min Go Blue Forever 67
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,321
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... 9 min USA Today 3
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min MikeF 171,544
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Winchester 189,713
More from around the web