The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 333346 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“sunny day”

Since: Jan 14

in the mountains....

#274871 Jun 13, 2014
jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess President Obama ain't as dangerous as President Ford was with a golf ball.
DAMNED IF I DO, DAMNED IF I DON'T
http://youtu.be/zkRfPEU3fRE
adam jensen
BEHOLD THE MAN!
You could be right about that jimmy..lol
Also Obama hasn't rolled of Air force One like Ford did but I keep thinking any day Obama is going to fall right on his face the way he runs down the stairs getting of Air Force one...heehee

“sunny day”

in the mountains....

#274872 Jun 13, 2014
fedupwiththemess wrote:
Who is us?
You and your mammy......lol
Thorn

Chicago, IL

#274873 Jun 13, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah whatever. I haven't been here for 7 hours, so I hardly need attention from anyone here.
Nice way out of an awkward situation though. LOL!
That's your tale.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#274874 Jun 13, 2014
King Clutch wrote:
<quoted text>
I am deeply saddened by this news.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Leave it to someone like XMan though, the so called purveyor of 'all knowledge' and 'all things right' to keep playing his games through it all and not see the big picture.
He ought to be ashamed.
But it's too tall of an order and he simply isn't capable of it and he simply won't for that matter, because he only cares about his wayward Liberal self.
Shameful indeed.
If someone like that is a legal American citizen, well then all I can say is that America's darkest days are in our future midst and it equals people like that one.
Thank you for the prayers. My mom is doing better and was released from hospital to attend her husband's funeral yesterday. She got really stressed over the past week. Her husband has been in nursing care for several years. His own children have done little during that time to assist. Even when he was placed in hospital with pneumonia a couple weeks ago, his own children didn't come sit with him. It wasn't until the doctors said they have done all they can and it was apparent that he was dieing that his children came a running to his bedside. My mother said it was like watching vultures. Even the man's ex-wife, the one who bankrupted his ranch and took off with another man, came by to see what she was going to get out of the will. I believe that stress is what caused my mother to have a stoke. I was shocked by the attitude of my step siblings. They were excited over the idea of having a double funeral and splitting up the assets amongst themselves. With their father dead and his wife dieing, all they could think about was selling the family ranch and spending the money. It was an eye opener for my mom too. She had told me before that she hoped that his kids would return to the ranch and keep it in their family for future generations. The first thing she has on her agenda is to rewrite her will to keep those vultures from giving away the farm.

“sunny day”

in the mountains....

#274875 Jun 13, 2014
Professor Smith wrote:
President Obama has so far turned down Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki’s request for U.S. air strikes against the Islamic extremists taking over his country. But if Obama changes his mind, U.S. jets could be flying over Iraq in less than a day.
U.S. air bases, housing dozens of American fighters and bombers, are well within striking distance of Iraq. High-flying spy drones like the Global Hawk can just as easily fly over Iraq as Afghanistan or any other conflict zone in the region. The aircraft carrier U.S.S. George H.W. Bush is a few days’ sail away, in the North Arabian Sea. And it boasts dozens more fighters on board.
READ MORE Uber: Resistance Is Futile
That’s why a number of retired high-ranking U.S. Air Force officers, including Lt. Gen. David Deptula, who served as the Air Force’s first deputy chief of staff for intelligence, say any strikes, if ordered, could begin almost immediately.
“If you can provide me with the appropriate intelligence we can start doing (air strikes) within 24 hours,” he told The Daily Beast.“There are a variety of means do this, whether you are talking about long-range, high-payload aircraft or smaller aircraft. With the requisite intelligence information you can start again in 24 hours.”
READ MORE ISIS's Secret Allies
“No question we could strike anytime,” added a second senior retired Air Force officer, who asked not to be quoted by name. He saw no “tech or logistical” reasons why air assets couldn’t be diverted from Afghanistan to Iraq.
The Daily Beast first reported Wednesday that Maliki has been asking for months for the United States to begin launching air strikes inside his country against targets associated with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Sham (ISIS). But Obama has yet to agree to re-entering the war he has boasted on many occasions of ending in 2011.
READ MORE Brazil’s Sushi Samba
And that includes air strikes, which some outside experts say could backfire, reinforcing the ideas that Iraq’s Shi’ite government is only looking to knock off Sunnis—or that the Americans are always coming to the rescue. Baghdad “will simply assume that we’ll take over, that we’ll do the job,” Leslie Gelb, president emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations, wrote Thursday in The Daily Beast.
Even Sen. John McCain, who famously pushed for more American involvement in Iraq, told reporters Thursday,“I am not calling for air strikes.”
.. View gallery

A U.S. flight crew works aboard a navy carrier.
READ MORE Brazil Wins First World Cup Match
But with ISIS forces taking over Iraq’s second largest city—and threatening to take over Baghdad—that assessment may be reconsidered. Obama, for one, is hinting that he is changing his mind. On Thursday after a meeting with Australia’s prime minister, Obama told reporters that Iraq will need additional U.S. assistance against the ISIS-led insurgency. He did not get into specifics, however.
Deptula said the Air Force is ready for this kind of mission. But he also said any agreement for U.S. air strikes inside Iraq should also include basing rights for U.S. forces. At the end of 2011, U.S. diplomats failed to negotiate an extension to the Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq that would give the U.S. military access to the Iraqi bases inside the country.
READ MORE Bergdahl’s Letters From a Taliban Prison
“The United States should have been provided basing rights,” he said.“If we are going to assist the Maliki government it needs to be provided inside of Iraq, we should not be doing this from outside.”
But the capacity exists to do it from the outside. Deptula said—but would not specify—that the Air Force was capable of launching air strikes into Iraq from bases it uses in neighboring countries. Those bases include an airbase in Incirlik, Turkey, the hub of U.S. air operations in the 1990s that patrolled the air space of northern Iraq.
Got to have boots on the ground for air strikes and Obama said no boots on the ground.....
Thorn

Chicago, IL

#274876 Jun 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Good point, I agree.
Great! I knew you would get "the point"!!!!!
When you never prepared for your future and you turn 62 with little to no income and you have your required quarters in, what do you do? You go down to the SS office and sign up to draw a check. The sad thing is most will draw out more if they are in decent health, than they ever paid into the system. That check is their only income and it is a firm form of welfare. Take it away and what happens? It is the point. Glad you get it!
crying towel

Los Angeles, CA

#274877 Jun 13, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the prayers. My mom is doing better and was released from hospital to attend her husband's funeral yesterday. She got really stressed over the past week. Her husband has been in nursing care for several years. His own children have done little during that time to assist. Even when he was placed in hospital with pneumonia a couple weeks ago, his own children didn't come sit with him. It wasn't until the doctors said they have done all they can and it was apparent that he was dieing that his children came a running to his bedside. My mother said it was like watching vultures. Even the man's ex-wife, the one who bankrupted his ranch and took off with another man, came by to see what she was going to get out of the will. I believe that stress is what caused my mother to have a stoke. I was shocked by the attitude of my step siblings. They were excited over the idea of
having a double funeral and splitting up the assets amongst themselves. With their father dead and his wife dieing, all they could think about was selling the family ranch and spending the money. It was an eye opener for my mom too. She had told me before that she hoped that his kids would return to the ranch and keep it in their family for future generations. The first thing she has on her agenda is to rewrite her will to keep those vultures from giving away the farm.
Oh please take your family's drama elsewhere.
Y'all are dysfunction.
spellcheck

Los Angeles, CA

#274878 Jun 13, 2014
*dysfunctional
Thorn

Chicago, IL

#274879 Jun 13, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't work this whole week except half a day Monday. My mother's husband died Sunday and my mother had a stroke Monday. I had to make arrangements for a funeral in Western Kansas and coordinate with a hospital in the middle of the state. I live in eastern Kansas. I also had dug a new pond on the north side of my lawn. I had placed some baby catfish in the one on the south lawn and they ate up all the little goldfish. Only the big goldfish are left because they are too big to fit into a catfish mouth. I like catfish and want to have them in a pond but the goldfish are spawning and I don't want the catfish to eat the goldfish so I decided to dig another pond for the catfish. I sat up all night last night with a little fishing pole and a worm catching all the catfish out of the goldfish pond. There are exactly 72 catfish. I put them into a 30 gallon aquarium until their new pond is finished. I will enjoy this weekend and next Monday, I will return to work and do all the stuff I didn't do this week along with all the stuff I have to do next week and when it is all said and done I will be so tired that I will need to take a week off to recover. I'm calling it a night. Have a nice morning X-Man-
Take care. Sorry to hear about your step father. Wishing for a speedy recovery concerning your mother and her issue now and those to come as she lost her husband.

“RELAX”

#274880 Jun 13, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The last sentence in the paragraph sums it up, in other words, Obama said he won't lead.
Obama is a piece of crap. His tactics and techniques are typical of a credit grabbing know nothing in charge. He, like all incapable leaders, assumes leadership and immediately points out the mess his predecessor left him with highlighting any weaknesses and obscuring all strengths in that which he is now charged to lead. As his tenure goes along, he does nothing. Blaming failures on his predecessor and grabbing credit for anything positive that happens without pointing out that those positives were residual effects from actions taken prior to his do nothing tenure. As his subordinates tire of being called failures by the do nothing leader, they begin to leak the do nothing leaders failures and secret policies. Instead of manning up to the truth and changing course, the failed leader simply attacks the whistle blowers and tightens security around his inner circle. As those inside his inner circle tire of taking blame for their leader's failures, the failed leader turns on them. As resignations begin to pour in, the failed leader continues to place blame and shirk any and all responsibility. Feeling the heat increase, the failed leader stays the course doing nothing except hope for better news. Any and all good news, even if it is fabricated, is highlighted as bad news and failures are swept under the rug. But when the rug is no longer able to contain the ever growing pile of failures and they come out into the light, the failed leader creates new crisis's to pull attention away from the old crisis's without dealing with any of them. Finally, when the failed leader is no longer able to hide hide his failures or pass the blame, and there is nothing good to grab credit for, the failed leader runs off to hide from his critics and allows his subordinates take heat for the remainder of his tenure while pointing out how bad it was when he first took over and surmising that his failures should be seen as a resounding success as he walks away from the mess he created brushing his hands as he gladly leaves it to his successor to clean up.

Since: Jun 10

San Jose, CA

#274881 Jun 13, 2014
Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>That's your tale.
That's my truth. Move on already. You're like another catty little teenage girl that posts here. LOL!

San Jose, CA

#274882 Jun 13, 2014
Thorn wrote:
<quoted text>Great! I knew you would get "the point"!!!!!
When you never prepared for your future and you turn 62 with little to no income and you have your required quarters in, what do you do? You go down to the SS office and sign up to draw a check. The sad thing is most will draw out more if they are in decent health, than they ever paid into the system. That check is their only income and it is a firm form of welfare. Take it away and what happens? It is the point. Glad you get it!
Stop playing games. You know that post wasn't addressed to you.

You're bitter, spiteful and grudge holding old fart he resents anyone who doesn't play by YOUR rules.

People's lives take different twists and turns, and they can't all be like YOU, thank God.

Social Security is NOT any form of welfare, no matter who times you spam that ludicrous lie. Grow the hell up and live and let live.

San Jose, CA

#274883 Jun 13, 2014
Okay, that should read:

You're a bitter, spiteful and grudge-holding old fart who resents anyone who doesn't play by YOUR rules.

People like you really try a person's patience. Geeesh.

San Jose, CA

#274884 Jun 13, 2014
Besides I need a new keyboard. LOL!

San Jose, CA

#274885 Jun 13, 2014
crying towel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please take your family's drama elsewhere.
Y'all are dysfunction.
And DP and the rest of his suck ups are the very same people who abuse and malign and degrade others for sharing personal information?

The hypocrisy these people display is astounding.

“Try Reuters.”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#274886 Jun 13, 2014
Brat’s vision comes into sharper focus

06/13/14
By Steve Benen

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/brats...

Fresh off his stunning primary win over House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) this week, David Brat spoke with msnbc’s Chuck Todd about the road ahead. The interview didn’t go well – the economic professor and political novice avoided substantive questions and when asked for his position on a minimum-wage increase, Brat said,“Um, I don’t have a well-crafted response on that one.”

Perhaps the Virginia Republican was a little rusty after a late night? Probably so, though now that Dave Brat is likely to become a congressman, his unusual vision and philosophy, few noticed when it was assumed he’d lose, are generating attention.

Take his Benghazi conspiracy theory, for example.

In an interview with POLITICO in April, Brat sounded conspiratorial about the Benghazi attacks, saying at one point,“My guess is Republican leadership did something related to Benghazi that they don’t want coming out. That’s the best of what I’ve heard. There’s something a little fishy there.”

Got that? While most of the unhinged conspiracy theorists have come up with weird ideas about President Obama, this Republican congressional candidate thinks his own party may be involved in a cover-up.

(cont.)

LOLOL!
Thorn

Chicago, IL

#274887 Jun 13, 2014
Thorn wrote:<quoted text>ROTFLMAO. I bet she is a charmer. Like, oh you know, a purty nice ole gal. She sounds charming LMAO.

---Wild Irish Rose---wrote:
Good point, I agree.

San Jose, CA

#274888 Jun 13, 2014
Thorn wrote:
Thorn wrote:<quoted text>ROTFLMAO. I bet she is a charmer. Like, oh you know, a purty nice ole gal. She sounds charming LMAO.
---Wild Irish Rose---wrote:
Good point, I agree.
You're right, I made a mistake about the post I replied to. I was making a joke by agreeing with your sarcastic comment about me.

BUT I was not agreeing with your so-called "point" about the Social Security issue, and you know it. Quit playing games, you big baby.
Thorn

Chicago, IL

#274889 Jun 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Stop playing games. You know that post wasn't addressed to you.
You're bitter, spiteful and grudge holding old fart he resents anyone who doesn't play by YOUR rules.
People's lives take different twists and turns, and they can't all be like YOU, thank God.
Social Security is NOT any form of welfare, no matter who times you spam that ludicrous lie. Grow the hell up and live and let live.
Run on down to the SS office and convince them you are correct on this. It's not my rules people abuse. Everyone should be against those who beat the system and abuse it. Your foolish name calling shows how little regard you have for a true adult conversation. I got you pegged for exactly the kind of person you are. You butted in when I was taking up this issue with another poster. YOU play games.

“RELAX”

#274890 Jun 13, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is, DP, they have no "experience". They are the "little precious" ones who have been coddled all of theit lives by uber liberal parents; most of which have had only one.
Everyone who has been on these threads for any amount of time know all about the Obama cheerleaders here. Every single one of them are totally dependent upon social programs for their livelihood and fear the losing the liberal entitlements and wealth redistribution scheme their dear leader has forced upon the middle class. Any mention of work for welfare is scorned by the lazy class Obama cheerleader and called racist. Why would asking people who receive public assistance to spend some time working in their community be considered racist? Could it be that minorities make up the lions share of the takers in this nation? Statistics say it's so. Are statistics racist too?

Why would a taker class of people be so supportive of bringing in more takers? Shouldn't they worry about having tens of millions of new takers jumping onto the already tattered social safety net will cause it to break and send all takers falling to their deaths? Of course they don't! They say redistribute more wealth from the makers to the takers! Tax the Rich! Tax the Rich! Give us more! Give us more!

The rich don't pay those increased taxes. They pass them along to the middle class who have to pay the tax indirectly through higher prices at the grocery store and at the gas pump. But the Obama cheerleaders don't care about those of us who pay our own way. NO! Higher food prices only means increased food stamps. Their rent never goes up. The section 8 subsidy to their landlord does but it isn't them that pays that. It's the hard working middle class taxpayer who has to see that increase in the federal and state taxes withheld from their paychecks.

Anyone rooting for Obama at this point is nothing but low life street scum worried about the upcoming mid term elections that will bring the senate back to the right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 20 min Cassandra_ 2,305
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min Blitzking 169,058
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 31 min Justise League 60,565
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Dr Guru 192,509
News Donald Trump's comments on immigration complica... 46 min Mark Winshel 43
News Trump: I'm a 'Whipping Post' For Telling Truth ... 52 min tod see the light 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 58 min intolerance 156
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 1 hr NorCal Native 768
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Mr Lib 1,252,410
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Limbertwig 186,657
More from around the web