The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 391813 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251657 Mar 20, 2014
Please

No "Nazi" hysteria today. Give it a rest for one bleeping day

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#251658 Mar 20, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
Whether you agree or disagree, this is a fascinating perspective on the Ukraine annexation.
Maybe the West has over-reacted for the sake of its own agenda?
THURSDAY, MAR 20, 2014
The New York Times manufactures ignorance: More half-truths about Ukraine
Once again, the media and the foreign policy establishment are dangerously misreading history and current events
PATRICK L. SMITH
Vladimir Putin was very Vlad this week, as 97 percent of voting Crimeans elected to quit the mess Ukraine has become and rejoin Russia. The world watched a Sphinx for weeks. In a trice, the Russian president then took command of a crisis Americans, Europeans, and the provisional government in Kiev could not have made sloppier if they had put their minds to it.
It is a little like pouring a resolving compound into a cloudy beaker, as in high school chemistry classes. The papers are signed, Crimea is once again part of Russia, and Putin’s adversaries are left to reject the proposition even as their protests and threats remind one more of the dandelion puffballs of spring with each passing day.
It is time to draw lessons, as everyone seems to agree. The startling thing is how consistently Western leaders and the think-tank set behind them draw all the wrong ones.
As I see it, the headline is that no one can stop history’s wheel from turning. If I were a copy editor writing display language, my subhead would be:“But the post-Cold War West nonetheless persists in forlorn effort to do so.”
One can neither mourn nor cheer Crimea’s split from Ukraine and the Russian annexation Putin declared Tuesday, and there is no need to do either. It is not a tragedy; it is a calamity only for those invested in the post-Cold War order because this order has been to the advantage of the Western powers.
It is a victory for those Russians—very many, it seems—invested in making their nation a prominent pole in a multipolar world. But it is their victory and they are to be left to it.
For me, history has always had a greater claim to a sovereignty all its own than lines drawn on political maps. I see nothing sacred in the latter and much to celebrate in the former, which I understand in the French way—bottom-up history, dense with humanity and human bonds, full of culture, sociology, and economics and made of language, engrained practice, locality—altogether “the dailiness of life,” in the poet Randall Jarrell’s phrase.
There are centuries of this history behind the referendum held last weekend, and six decades to support the claim that Crimea is integral to Ukraine. So it comes to preference, and we now know the preferences of almost every Crimean who replied to the referendum’s question. More than 80 percent of them turned out to vote. For them, too, a victory in that they have self-determined.
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/20/the_new_york_...
You're right.

Very interesting perspective and...predictable as it may be...I completely disagree.

Location hidden

#251659 Mar 20, 2014
Teaman wrote:
Oops, sorry. I thought he was the other idiot burning Korans.
As far, this one didn't burn books, just queers.

Location hidden

#251660 Mar 20, 2014
should read "as far as I know"
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#251661 Mar 20, 2014
Katrina wrote:
Please
Gordita....lol!!!!!!!!!!
Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251662 Mar 20, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
No sorry Wagger you post some fked up story about Gay sh!t almost daily and the majority don`t want to hear it or give a fk about it!
I think there is a nationwide backlash coming Quirky. The homosexuals r pushing their "diversity" in our face 24 hours a day. We try to be "tolerant" of this but eventually they will go too far...

Location hidden

#251663 Mar 20, 2014
Katrina wrote:
Please
Sweetheart, if you're referring to the crisis in the Ukraine, it was Putin that created the "Nazi hysteria".

"The Nazis are coming, the Nazis are coming."

Give me a freakin' break.

Reality is a real b*tch when you don't want to deal with it, but the comparisons between Putin's actions and those of Adolf Hitler prior to world war two are unavoidable and accurate.
Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251664 Mar 20, 2014
Anastasia GaliomutinovaRU wrote:
I hate Gay people and Illegal Mexicans.
I think that as long as they do not live in our neighborhoods and come near our familie we can work to tolerate their presence.
1 post removed
Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251666 Mar 20, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to sound like Jackie, Vorenus and X-woozy all in one post does not increase your credibility Crazy Hag!
Bwa Ha Ha Ha
Je Je Je and a Ja Ja Ja !
"NTR is a bitter old broad." Ghost Rider 2013

Location hidden

#251667 Mar 20, 2014
File this one under, unintended consequences...

Putin slaps American lawmakers with sanctions...both parties unite to mock his efforts and pledge their unity in opposing Russian aggression...

Putin’s sanctions on Americans unite Democrats, GOP

Vladimir Putin probably didn’t expect that newly announced Russian sanctions on nine Americans – three top White House aides, three Republicans and three Democrats in Congress – would spark a bipartisan love-in in Washington.

But that’s exactly what happened on Thursday as Moscow retaliated for expanded U.S. sanctions by freezing the assets of a select handful of high-profile Americans and banning them from travel inside Russia...

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-s-sanctions-on-am...

Way to go Vlad!
Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251668 Mar 20, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart, if you're referring to the crisis in the Ukraine, it was Putin that created the "Nazi hysteria".
"The Nazis are coming, the Nazis are coming."
Give me a freakin' break.
Reality is a real b*tch when you don't want to deal with it, but the comparisons between Putin's actions and those of Adolf Hitler prior to world war two are unavoidable and accurate.
demonizing Putin means you dont have to recognize his genuine concern for his countrymen. Thats nationalism and liberals hate nationalism

Hitler took Germany, from defeat in World War I to near global domination in a few short years.

Stalin by comparison killed millions of Russians earning a place in history as a mass murder to compare with Chinas Mao Tse Tong
hello mrs rose

Mesa, AZ

#251669 Mar 20, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Weird people like X-woozzy, Rose , Rico, Vorenazz, and NTR are aroused by it though."
You're the one that obsesses over homosexuality constantly, not those you mentioned.
There is something very wrong with you, weirdo. Sober up or at least don't post when you're drunk.
hello mrs rose. iam talithas littel girl. Jillian i am 7. You helpp her many yars ago. thank u.

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#251670 Mar 20, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
Very interesting perspective and...predictable as it may be...I completely disagree.
After reading the article and considering the historical background, I have mixed feelings and I'm remaining objective. It doesn't seem to be such a black and white issue to me any more. And just maybe the West is playing the "Cold War" card a little too recklessly.

The media has had a huge propagandist influence on both sides of the issue.

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#251671 Mar 20, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
File this one under, unintended consequences...
Putin slaps American lawmakers with sanctions...both parties unite to mock his efforts and pledge their unity in opposing Russian aggression...
Putin’s sanctions on Americans unite Democrats, GOP
Vladimir Putin probably didn’t expect that newly announced Russian sanctions on nine Americans – three top White House aides, three Republicans and three Democrats in Congress – would spark a bipartisan love-in in Washington.
But that’s exactly what happened on Thursday as Moscow retaliated for expanded U.S. sanctions by freezing the assets of a select handful of high-profile Americans and banning them from travel inside Russia...
http://news.yahoo.com/putin-s-sanctions-on-am...
Way to go Vlad!
They should all just post on Topix. We could teach them a thing or two about tit for tat retaliation. LOL!

Location hidden

#251672 Mar 20, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
demonizing Putin means you dont have to recognize his genuine concern for his countrymen. Thats nationalism and liberals hate nationalism
Hitler took Germany, from defeat in World War I to near global domination in a few short years.
Stalin by comparison killed millions of Russians earning a place in history as a mass murder to compare with Chinas Mao Tse Tong
Ah, go suck a swastika.

I'm going to go finish my yard work.

How 'bout you make a couple of dozen meaningless posts that I'm never going to read?

Life is good...for those of us that have one.

giggle...giggle...giggle...

;)
Rico

Los Angeles, CA

#251673 Mar 20, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU....tortillas are your demise.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#251674 Mar 20, 2014
FYI

There was no opportunity to vote NO on the Crimea Ballot

It was a sham
Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251675 Mar 20, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, go suck a swastika.
I'm going to go finish my yard work.
How 'bout you make a couple of dozen meaningless posts that I'm never going to read?
Life is good...for those of us that have one.
giggle...giggle...giggle...
;)
You? A life outside of Topix and pushing an agenda that most people find "repulsive."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Katrina

Mesa, AZ

#251676 Mar 20, 2014
The Aryan Advisor reports that no reporters are accompanying Michelle Obama and her two daughters on the first lady's vacation trip to China.

A spokesperson for the first lady would not speculate on costs involved for the trip.

Giggle. Giggle. Giggle.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#251677 Mar 20, 2014
You just can't make this shite up...

WH Press Secretary Gets Questions from Reporters Before Press Briefing

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/reporter-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A tale of two conventions 1 min YourEx 16
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 233,723
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 201,814
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Hill4me 219,847
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 4 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 335
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Denny CranesPlace 1,406,464
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Big C 15,056
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 44 min Chicagoan by Birth 5,780
More from around the web