The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Comments (Page 10,327)

Showing posts 206,521 - 206,540 of240,561
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“sunny day”

Since: Jan 14

in the mountains....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not kid ourselves, Rico's the Elephant Man.
And it's evident in his face, as well as his cankles....no more hideous a creature has trolled these boards....
Rico can be a little chit but I don't think he's a hideous creature lady...He is a person an you can have fun with him but I think you went over board calling him a hideous creature....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
The founding fathers "allowed" you and I to have a 2nd amendment. Using your logic, one can argue that too is fascist. Never mind this, it's another fish to fry.
It's no secret that if employers had their way, they'd pay lower than minimum wage as confirmed by Republican demagogues who support the end to minimum wage laws and large companies that pay minimum wage. You know what those companies are trying to say? They're saying,'If I could pay you less, I would, but it's against the law.'"
So who came first?
The low wage.
Then the minimum wage.
Then the EIC.
Two laws had to be passed to thwart the poverty created by employers who greedily pay an unlivable wage.
Why should you and I pick up this tab? Why not the employer who's making a huge profit, who pays little corporate tax, who gets corporate welfare.... and who laughs all the way to the bank while you and I have to live paycheck to paycheck?
i'm not living paycheck to paycheck. i was incentivized to get skills that would be a marketable so i wouldn't have to live paycheck to paycheck.

if you take away the incentive to learn and grow and become better, our society will stop learning,and growing, and becoming better...
Opensecrets org

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Leo Strauss, Conservative Mastermind
http://tinyurl.com/4562h May 31, 2002
IN CONTEMPORARY American intellectual life, there is only one school of conservative intellectuals that has taken root in academia as a movement. They are the Straussians, followers of the late Leo Strauss (1899-1973). The hostile New Republic referred to Straussians as "one of the top ten gangs of the millennium." Strauss is an ambiguous, sometimes even troubling, figure, but he is essential to the conservative revival of our time and he offers the intellectual depth we are so desperately in need of. As a crude measure of his importance for those readers who continue to believe that philosophical matters are of no practical importance, consider the following list of his students or students of his students: Justice Clarence Thomas; Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork; Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz; former Assistant Secretary of State Alan Keyes; former Secretary of Education William Bennett; Weekly Standard editor and former Quayle Chief of Staff William Kristol; Allan Bloom, author of The Closing of the American Mind; former New York Post editorials editor John Podhoretz; former National Endowment for the Humanities Deputy Chairman John T. Agresto; and, not meaning to class myself with this august company but in the interests of full disclosure, myself. http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArti...

------

Leo Strauss' Philosophy of Deception
http://tinyurl.com/5tjkx May 19, 2003
Many neoconservatives like Paul Wolfowitz are disciples of a philosopher who believed that the elite should use deception, religious fervor and perpetual war to control the ignorant masses.
What would you do if you wanted to topple Saddam Hussein, but your intelligence agencies couldn't find the evidence to justify a war?
A follower of Leo Strauss may just hire the "right" kind of men to get the job done people with the intellect, acuity, and, if necessary, the political commitment, polemical skills, and, above all, the imagination to find the evidence that career intelligence officers could not detect.
The "right" man for Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, suggests Seymour Hersh in his recent New Yorker article entitled 'Selective Intelligence,' was Abram Shulsky, director of the Office of Special Plans (OSP) an agency created specifically to find the evidence of WMDs and/or links with Al Qaeda, piece it together, and clinch the case for the invasion of Iraq.
Like Wolfowitz, Shulsky is a student of an obscure German Jewish political philosopher named Leo Strauss who arrived in the United States in 1938. Strauss taught at several major universities, including Wolfowitz and Shulsky's alma mater, the University of Chicago, before his death in 1973./ http://www.alternet.org/story/15935

-----

Rebuilding Americas Defenses / September 2000
http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingA...

The Project for the New American Century.
http://tinyurl.com/nbv7 / 02/25/03
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Statement of Principles
June 3, 1997 / http://tinyurl.com/6c3l
The Project for the New American Century.

Elliott Abrams Gary Bauer William J. Bennett Jeb Bush

Dick Cheney Eliot A. Cohen Midge Decter Paula Dobriansky Steve Forbes

Aaron Friedberg Francis Fukuyama Frank Gaffney Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad I. Lewis Libby Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle Peter W. Rodman Stephen P. Rosen Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld Vin Weber George Weigel Paul Wolfowitz
http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementof...

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
The founding fathers "allowed" you and I to have a 2nd amendment. Using your logic, one can argue that too is fascist. Never mind this, it's another fish to fry.
It's no secret that if employers had their way, they'd pay lower than minimum wage as confirmed by Republican demagogues who support the end to minimum wage laws and large companies that pay minimum wage. You know what those companies are trying to say? They're saying,'If I could pay you less, I would, but it's against the law.'"
So who came first?
The low wage.
Then the minimum wage.
Then the EIC.
Two laws had to be passed to thwart the poverty created by employers who greedily pay an unlivable wage.
Why should you and I pick up this tab? Why not the employer who's making a huge profit, who pays little corporate tax, who gets corporate welfare.... and who laughs all the way to the bank while you and I have to live paycheck to paycheck?
The founding fathers didn't "allow" anything. Rights are natural to being a sovereign human being. They are a protection "from" government. They weren't "provided" by government.

Wages are determined by the number of people who can perform a certain task and the number of jobs available who need those tasks performed.

If everyone knew how to fix yellow trains and their were only a few yellow trains, you wouldn't be paid very much. There would be all kinds of people ready and waiting to take your job. There would be no reason to pay you good wages to keep you.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
Watch - Even Fox News Isn't So Sure About Arizona's Homophobic Bill
Megyn Kelly, speaking to Brit Hume about Arizona's infamous SB 1062:
"I look at this bill and I wonder whether this is ... an overreaction [by religious] people who feel under attack on this score, and in the end, they may have struck back in a way that's deeply offensive to many and potentially dangerous to folks who are gay and lesbians and need medical services and other services being denied potentially."
Hume: "I think you're right."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/megy...
holy leotards, batman! i had to sit back and rethink my position on this for a bit. i mean if these foolsare against it i had to double check my reasons, thinking i had made a logical mistake...

then i checked for hell freezing over.(it is cold out...pr'olly -20 where Posi is...) but no not that either...

gonna have to rethink my position on miracles next........

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"...It's no wonder a lot of the young folks have no ambition to excel in life when they feel they're doing something wrong..."
Or maybe, just maybe, young people are losing faith in capitalism itself because they can see that it's a rigged game?
If we don't make some reasonable changes to restore balance to our economic system now, the next generation might just embrace even more radical alternatives.
Just a thought.
"Or maybe, just maybe, young people are losing faith in capitalism itself because they can see that it's a rigged game?"
How is capitalism "rigged" Jax? It works for me and the firm.

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"We have a crony capitalist system with government protections, protecting corporations, that is. It is rigged in that respect."
Uhmmmm...I thought that's what I said.
No, you said capitalist system. Crony capitalism is something that smacks of government corporatism.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Most Religious Americans Support Marriage Equality

A new poll finds that religious Americans, even those who worship regularly, support marriage equality.

A new poll finds that most religious Americans across denominational lines agree that same-sex couples should have the right to marry, including those who attend religious services regularly, busting the myth that religious people remain opposed to marriage equality. Further, nearly a third of young adults who leave their childhood religion cite the hostility to LGBT equality as a prime motivation.

Nearly three-quarters of religiously unaffiliated Americans (73 percent) favor allowing gay and lesbian couples to legally marry, as do majorities of Jewish Americans (83 percent), white mainline Protestants (62 percent), white Catholics (58 percent) and Hispanic Catholics (56 percent), according to a poll whose results were released Wednesday by the Public Religion Research Institute in Washington, D.C. However, 59% of black Protestants and 69% of white evangelicals oppose same-sex marriage.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/religion/201...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>Rico can be a little chit but I don't think he's a hideous creature lady...He is a person an you can have fun with him but I think you went over board calling him a hideous creature....
That's funny and actually I agree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>holy leotards, batman! i had to sit back and rethink my position on this for a bit. i mean if these foolsare against it i had to double check my reasons, thinking i had made a logical mistake...
then i checked for hell freezing over.(it is cold out...pr'olly -20 where Posi is...) but no not that either...
gonna have to rethink my position on miracles next........
LOL...I'll be honest with ya. I think we've reached the point where most Americans, conservatives, moderates and liberals alike, are over this debate.

Losing the next generation was bad enough for the religious extremists, now they've lost Fox news.

This is over.

“sunny day”

in the mountains....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
So who came first?
The low wage.
Then the minimum wage.
Then the EIC.
Rico you need to figure out who the Poppet Master and the poppet's are...
Here I'll give you a little hint....Rico and sunnier are in District 12....lol
I think I'm going to fire up my medal detector after seeing all them gold coins somebody found in California...The thing I want to know is who in the hell put them there?

“sunny day”

in the mountains....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny and actually I agree.
Cool Jeep positr.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not living paycheck to paycheck. i was incentivized to get skills that would be a marketable so i wouldn't have to live paycheck to paycheck.
if you take away the incentive to learn and grow and become better, our society will stop learning,and growing, and becoming better...
Good point, gotta agree.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I'll be honest with ya. I think we've reached the point where most Americans, conservatives, moderates and liberals alike, are over this debate.
Losing the next generation was bad enough for the religious extremists, now they've lost Fox news.
This is over.
i would agree. but we still have work to do. now is not the time to settle back on the successes,a s the fools proffering these idiots,and unconstitutional laws shows us...

“sunny day”

in the mountains....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny and actually I agree.
I can't tell what's on the back posit.?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you said capitalist system. Crony capitalism is something that smacks of government corporatism.
You say "capitalist" like there is only one way to manage a capitalist system.

Right now our system is out of balance. Too much of the nation's wealth is being redistributed upwards into the hands of fewer and fewer people and history is full of lessons of what that will eventually lead to.

Predatory capitalism and policies that favor the already wealthy (including corporations) are part of the problem.

Income inequality is part of the mainstream conversation now and conservatives are going to have to figure out a way to address it or it will simply become one more issue where they are completely out of touch with the American people.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The founding fathers didn't "allow" anything. Rights are natural to being a sovereign human being. They are a protection "from" government. They weren't "provided" by government.
Wages are determined by the number of people who can perform a certain task and the number of jobs available who need those tasks performed.
If everyone knew how to fix yellow trains and their were only a few yellow trains, you wouldn't be paid very much. There would be all kinds of people ready and waiting to take your job. There would be no reason to pay you good wages to keep you.
some of the most basic of human rights,yes. but if they are not at least protected by our gov't then everyone on the planet would have the same rights, and that is certainly not the case...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would agree. but we still have work to do. now is not the time to settle back on the successes,a s the fools proffering these idiots,and unconstitutional laws shows us...
Absolutely.

I was in a conference call earlier this morning and the general consensus is "The enemy is in full retreat...CHARGE!!!"
1 post removed

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>some of the most basic of human rights,yes. but if they are not at least protected by our gov't then everyone on the planet would have the same rights, and that is certainly not the case...
Yes, the judiciary is charged with protecting rights as part of the bargain. The reason it is a separate but equal part of the government.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Sunnier wrote:
<quoted text>Rico can be a little chit but I don't think he's a hideous creature lady...He is a person an you can have fun with him but I think you went over board calling him a hideous creature....
Well, Sunny. We finally disagree about something. I guess we can still be friends though. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 206,521 - 206,540 of240,561
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••