Labor's plan to fight back

Dec 12, 2012 Full story: Politico 394

Labor unions, stung by an unexpected setback in Michigan, where Republican Gov. Rick Snyder signed a right-to-work law Tuesday limiting their ability to collect dues, are eyeing a large-scale counteroffensive against the conservative state leaders who have slashed away at union power since the 2010 midterm elections.

Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
pogue mahone

Sayville, NY

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Labor unions are so 20th Century. Get over it.
Rick Snyder

Sayville, NY

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Unions and their leaders think they're Almighty God, but you know what they are? They're cheap, lousy, dirty, stinkin' mugs! And I'm glad what I done to 'em, ya here that? I'm glad what I done!

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 12, 2012
Screw the damn unions and Obama.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#4 Dec 12, 2012
The communist manifesto predicted that Obama would abandon the unions after he didn't need them anymore. Obama will talk a god game but do absolutely nothing for the unions. Hello communism. Goodbye America.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
Screw the damn unions and Obama.
screw lunatic 9thguy.
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

#6 Dec 12, 2012
Unions are against other peoples rights including the right to join or not join a union.
Pete Moss

Bethpage, NY

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Unions are for weak people who can stand on their own, and make their own way in the employment market. If unions were so great, there wouldn't be any need for "union shops" that FORCE people to join and pay dues, whether they agree with the union's agenda or not.
On The Flip Side

Oscoda, MI

#8 Dec 12, 2012
We need to start taxing PAC groups and lobbyists. Enough of those THUGS! That's where our country needs to get some revenue! Also, need an Arnold Shwarzenegger moment for our Governor here in MI. We sure do! How about that Mayor from Lansing, or Geoffrey Fieger, David Bonior? Also, watched some news channels last night, and the Unions voted for a Republican to head one of their Unions. They are part of the problem themselves. They got so "comfy", they voted for a Republican to head their UNION????? Nothing like being infiltrated from within. That's a pretty darn stupid move from the unions themselves.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#9 Dec 12, 2012
Pete Moss wrote:
Unions are for weak people who can stand on their own, and make their own way in the employment market. If unions were so great, there wouldn't be any need for "union shops" that FORCE people to join and pay dues, whether they agree with the union's agenda or not.
'right-to-work-state' workers make 3-5-thousand less per year, for the same job.

Suckers.
Your Ex

United States

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Corporations and
Monopolies are setting
Record profits, still and again.
Yet the Frightwing has duped the
Idiots
Into thinking the
Working man
Is the enemy.
$7.45 an hour, and they howl about how that's
"too much!!!"
3rd world, here we come...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#11 Dec 12, 2012
you don't think the unions are going to let a little thing like THE LAW get in the way of them getting what they want, do you?
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Dec 12, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
'right-to-work-state' workers make 3-5-thousand less per year, for the same job.
Suckers.
But we have jobs!!!!!

Union members are too stupid to realize that a job with pay is better than NO JOB at all!!!

Good job Michigan! Now to get rid of the teacher unions so we can start getting education back on track.

usa

#13 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Suckers.
hmmm, let's see, should i make $3,000 less, or, should i be unemployed?
i don't know, maybe i'll ask a hostess bakery worker.

usa

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
The communist manifesto predicted that Obama would abandon the unions after he didn't need them anymore. Obama will talk a god game but do absolutely nothing for the unions. Hello communism. Goodbye America.
and the hispanics are waiting for him to keep his promise to them, too!
LMAO!
Twinkies Pensions Misused

Oscoda, MI

#15 Dec 12, 2012
24 Right To Work states later, and the Dems are still scratching their heads and sitting on their laurels. The Dems need to be ashamed. They haven't even made an effort to get innovative or radical against Republicans. Obama should learn to do some multi-tasking there in the White House. Obama needs one group in one corner dealing with the voting laws, another group fighting RTW, another for wms rights, another for wherever the GOP get their money and support. When Clinton was President, he didn't waste his clout, he expanded the Democrat party. Obama is wasting his clout.
Twinkies Pensions Misused

Oscoda, MI

#16 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Suckers.
Every American worker started out as the "Right To Work" employee. That's why Unions were created. Those "Independent" workers didn't like the treatment they received from the wealthy robber barons in the 1890's. Once these idiot workers realize how easily they can be "erradicated", if they don't appease their CEO's wishes, things will go back to the status quo. People will revolt.
Oblamer

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
screw lunatic 9thguy.
You are one of the worst POS on the boards.
You must be an ideal Obama supporter.
Stupid, rude and a total lack of value.
Here's some back at you.
Stop breathing and you will make the world a better place.
You are just full of Obama.
Go f yourself a-hole.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#18 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
screw lunatic 9thguy.
Screw the dumb people that voted for Obama.
Oblamer

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Dec 12, 2012
Twinkies Pensions Misused wrote:
Obama is wasting his clout.
Make it shorter, stupid.
Obama is just simply, like you, a waste.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#20 Dec 12, 2012
The most powerful man in the world could have helped the unions and he didn't. What's the stupids that voted for him make of that? The stupids are embarrassing themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min positronium 283,358
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Le Jimbo 163,133
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min TurkanaBoy 127,605
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min TSM 1,143,735
Why Elizabeth Warren would be a very dangerous ... 5 min Le Duped 98
Obama backer faces sexual abuse charges 6 min Reverend Alan 109
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 8 min they breed like mice 2,818
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 15 min Earl 151
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 17 min Le Jimbo 855

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE