GOP congressman on verdict: 'Get over it'

Jul 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Rep. Andy Harris, R-Maryland, has some blunt advice for those protesting or focusing on last week's verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.

Comments
41 - 60 of 63 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2013

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple truth is he WANTED to kill someone that night; unfortunately Trayvon was at the wrong place with a psycho lurking in the neighborhood.
So Zimmerman shoots Martin out in the open with potential witnesses all around.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
So Zimmerman shoots Martin out in the open with potential witnesses all around.
I never said Zimmerman was smart- most cold blooded killers are unbalanced to start with.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said Zimmerman was smart- most cold blooded killers are unbalanced to start with.
Most are smart enough to not kill out in the open where there might be many witnesses.
In the Piers Morgan CNN interview this came out:

(Rachel) JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely after I say may be a rapist, for every boy, for every man, every -- who's not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out? So you have to take it -- as a parent, when you tell your child, when you see a grown person following you, run away, and all that.
Did Martin see Zimmerman as a gay pervert and tried taking him on? Zimmerman said he was attacked.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/1...
1 post removed
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing the way Barack Obama and Eric Holder are going after Zimmerman, Hispanics should be thinking about their so called Black "ally" in the fight against the white devil.
Zimmerman's a killer. No doubt many Hispanics would appreciate the fact that the government would do its best to combat racism and unequal treatment of minorities.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

serfs up wrote:
This "stand your ground" regional law is a logical response to a country that has turned almost entirely progressive in its national laws. States have different rates of taxation and standards of living amongst their populations. Florida has many people living there from other states. It also has a "transient" problem where crime is concerned. There are people that have a difficult time as they move here and around the state. The three counties in southeast florida are like the north east states in most respects. Heavily democratic progressive with many ghettos and many high price areas. Higher taxes in those counties also. Crime is crime and at one time we were allowed to defend our properties without being put through a wringer.
Or to put it more succinctly,'Damn Northerners and liberals won't let us kill blacks when they get uppity anymore!'

Correct? I think we can assume it is.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
Blacks got the trial they wanted by railroading George Zimmerman.
They need to accept the verdict.
Foolish, racist, and just plain wrong. You don't even know what "railroading" means, evidently.

Here's a clue: a guy who's (wrongly, IMO) acquitted has not been "railroaded."

Sheesh!

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman's a killer. No doubt many Hispanics would appreciate the fact that the government would do its best to combat racism and unequal treatment of minorities.
Not the way it's been hammered he's Hispanic and blacks haven't missed a beat in pointing that out.
That is racism baby.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish, racist, and just plain wrong. You don't even know what "railroading" means, evidently.
Here's a clue: a guy who's (wrongly, IMO) acquitted has not been "railroaded."
Sheesh!
Blacks forced a trial that was considered by most legal professionals as weak at it's very best.
Blacks got their trial and now are rioting because they didn't get the conviction they thought they deserved. This Black bigotry for all the world to see.
7 posts removed
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the way it's been hammered he's Hispanic and blacks haven't missed a beat in pointing that out.
That is racism baby.
Sure - fake "reverse" racism of a kind fondly endorsed by right wingers since the Reagan misgovernance.

Bottom line is - if you're black, you're at the bottom of the racial 'melting pot' in America. Even "hispanic" Peruvian-German Americans are way above you (as the trial made clear).
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks forced a trial that was considered by most legal professionals as weak at it's very best.
Blacks got their trial and now are rioting because they didn't get the conviction they thought they deserved. This Black bigotry for all the world to see.
PUBLIC outrage (by no means all of it black) forced a trial, and prosecutors chose to go for a verdict they were never going to get. Their only chance was to go for manslaughter from the start, and they didn't.

Your racist insistence that this is about 'blacks," or that the verdict was just, shows you for what you are, unfortunately.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

"It is clear that the Sharptons and Jacksons have a vested interest in keeping tension alive. Their relevance, audiences and fundraising are contingent on there being a perception that racial barriers remain, that fears persist and that their role as firemen is needed. The biggest threats to their continued viability is tolerance and an acknowledgment that inter-group relations are improving, that there is no war on black youth and that the country that elected Barack Obama to the presidency twice isn't demonizing kids who look like the first family.

We would all do well to spend our energies on issues that are real and the implications of the tragic Trayvon Martin death that make sense."

David A. Lehrer and Joe R. Hicks, LA Times
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Or to put it more succinctly,'Damn Northerners and liberals won't let us kill blacks when they get uppity anymore!'
Correct? I think we can assume it is.
well to start perhaps you should have a relative assaulted by a hoodie wearing jit. Just to start you self precious azzhole.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
PUBLIC outrage (by no means all of it black) forced a trial, and prosecutors chose to go for a verdict they were never going to get. Their only chance was to go for manslaughter from the start, and they didn't.
Your racist insistence that this is about 'blacks," or that the verdict was just, shows you for what you are, unfortunately.
It was all about Blacks, a group of people that would rather devote all their energy to promote a weak legal case instead of dealing with the far larger problems of their community and the country.
Sorry, Blacks paraded around their bigotry for all to see. Now they will attend once again to shooting each other.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

GoodNewz wrote:
"It is clear that the Sharptons and Jacksons have a vested interest in keeping tension alive. Their relevance, audiences and fundraising are contingent on there being a perception that racial barriers remain, that fears persist and that their role as firemen is needed. The biggest threats to their continued viability is tolerance and an acknowledgment that inter-group relations are improving, that there is no war on black youth and that the country that elected Barack Obama to the presidency twice isn't demonizing kids who look like the first family.
We would all do well to spend our energies on issues that are real and the implications of the tragic Trayvon Martin death that make sense."
David A. Lehrer and Joe R. Hicks, LA Times
It's clear that any writers who start off blaming Sharpton and Jackson for racial problems in America - which are still VERY serious and not getting better - are incompetent to discuss the issue, or completely biased.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> well to start perhaps you should have a relative assaulted by a hoodie wearing jit. Just to start you self precious azzhole.
Or so says the ignorant, race-baiting, cowardly troll. I could add "illiterate" to that description as well, I suppose.

Get lost.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
It was all about Blacks, a group of people that would rather devote all their energy to promote a weak legal case instead of dealing with the far larger problems of their community and the country.
Sorry, Blacks paraded around their bigotry for all to see. Now they will attend once again to shooting each other.
Your post was, again, blatantly racist. Don't bother posting to me unless you can make arguments without resorting to racism.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Or so says the ignorant, race-baiting, cowardly troll. I could add "illiterate" to that description as well, I suppose.
Get lost.
One of my relatives very close to me was attacked. And oh yeah. Stayed in the changing neighborhood that got violent for several years until attacked. Racists that my parents were. So many stories. So many.

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post was, again, blatantly racist. Don't bother posting to me unless you can make arguments without resorting to racism.
There are more than enough pandering white liberals on this board that will be more than happy to say all those soothing words you crave to hear.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
It's clear that any writers who start off blaming Sharpton and Jackson for racial problems in America - which are still VERY serious and not getting better - are incompetent to discuss the issue, or completely biased.
it is clear that you missed the point of the quote. al and jessie are invested in racial division. the big problem is not racial profiling, though it exists. the big problem is getting youth of america out of a life of crime into a life of work. our president seems to think climate change is a bigger problem...
chisholm

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
it is clear that you missed the point of the quote. al and jessie are invested in racial division. the big problem is not racial profiling, though it exists. the big problem is getting youth of america out of a life of crime into a life of work. our president seems to think climate change is a bigger problem...
Of course I didn't miss the point. The problem is that you can't read posts intelligently.

Try harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min wondering 113,127
Bill Clinton to campaign next week with Alison ... 8 min Killer 10
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,970
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min PDUPONT 1,083,050
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 1 hr Kentucky-Mitch 9,392
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 245,713
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 2 hr Henkes 14
•••
•••