DACA recipients question future

DACA recipients question future

There are 311 comments on the Cavalier Daily story from Sep 14, 2017, titled DACA recipients question future. In it, Cavalier Daily reports that:

Fourth-year College student Jacqueline "Jacky" Cortes moved to Alexandria, Va. from Mexico at the age of nine with her family on a visitor's visa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cavalier Daily.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
sesostrus

Alexandria, VA

#1 Sep 15, 2017
About 30% of the residents of Alexandria are immigrants to the United States; most documented, some not. Protection for the dreamers is popular here, though there are a vocal anti-immigrant minority. How do you feel about (1) President Trump's phase out of DACA and (2) his voiced support for a legislative replacement offering protection to the Dreamers?
spud

East Earl, PA

#2 Sep 15, 2017
DACA is anti-American. We owe these lawbreakers nothing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Trump is a joke

Coquitlam, Canada

#3 Sep 15, 2017
spud wrote:
DACA is anti-American. We owe these lawbreakers nothing.
What law exactly has a baby in a stroller broken?
JACK

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2017
sesostrus wrote:
About 30% of the residents of Alexandria are immigrants to the United States; most documented, some not. Protection for the dreamers is popular here, though there are a vocal anti-immigrant minority. How do you feel about (1) President Trump's phase out of DACA and (2) his voiced support for a legislative replacement offering protection to the Dreamers?
People all over the world dream of giving their children a better life than their own. If dreamers children are to be taken in and protected by US taxpayers, it should be fair to all foreign people's. At some point the numbers of illegal immigrants will need to be seriously restrained.
Mark

Pomona, CA

#5 Sep 15, 2017
Trump is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>

You should research how many undocumented children crossed over unaccompanied after Obama announced Daca. What kind of parent allows their kids to cross the border alone, especially if the child is a girl? If you still believe ese illegals to be of good character you are insane. Putting kids at risk for exploitation and what not, these are not nice people. Obama started this mess and now Trump has to fix it.

I don't agree with deporting those current Daca recipients but no more. This insanity has gotta stop.
spud

East Earl, PA

#6 Sep 15, 2017
Trump is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>

Baby stroller? Who you kidding Poindexter? Anybody can come here illegally and say they were brought here by their parents. Who cares. They are in this country illegally. They insult our country by ignoring our laws and making demands. They have no respect for the country they claim to want to be a part of. Them and their parents should all be given the boot, ASAP. We don't need them and we can't afford the charity they demand. It's not fair to the law abiding people waiting for their chance to come here legally. Dreamers are scammers.
Trump is a joke

Coquitlam, Canada

#7 Sep 15, 2017
spud wrote:
<quoted text>

Baby stroller? Who you kidding Poindexter? Anybody can come here illegally and say they were brought here by their parents. Who cares. They are in this country illegally. They insult our country by ignoring our laws and making demands. They have no respect for the country they claim to want to be a part of. Them and their parents should all be given the boot, ASAP. We don't need them and we can't afford the charity they demand. It's not fair to the law abiding people waiting for their chance to come here legally. Dreamers are scammers.
You just can't grasp the legal concept that an infant or child cannot have the necessary mens rea to knowingly commit and thus be convicted of a crime, can you?
JACK

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2017
Trump is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>

You just can't grasp the legal concept that an infant or child cannot have the necessary mens rea to knowingly commit and thus be convicted of a crime, can you?
It is the Democrats that can't grasp the concept of drug addiction and the toll it is taking on the US. These illegal immigrants are bringing in highly addictive drugs that are hooking young American women who are having children that are horribly affected not only from the drugs but also from the separation of their early lives from a mother in prison. The drug traffickers see illegal activities as a way of life to benefit themselves financially and they will stay in contact with their drop off kids to find a way into the US eventually. The crime is that Democrat's weep tears for separated immigrants while never acknowledging the damage being done by real criminals to US citizens.
Wildchild

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Sep 15, 2017
Oh lol lol lol
Trump is a joke

Surrey, Canada

#10 Sep 15, 2017
JACK wrote:
<quoted text>It is the Democrats that can't grasp the concept of drug addiction and the toll it is taking on the US. These illegal immigrants are bringing in highly addictive drugs that are hooking young American women who are having children that are horribly affected not only from the drugs but also from the separation of their early lives from a mother in prison. The drug traffickers see illegal activities as a way of life to benefit themselves financially and they will stay in contact with their drop off kids to find a way into the US eventually. The crime is that Democrat's weep tears for separated immigrants while never acknowledging the damage being done by real criminals to US citizens.
If Americans stop buying illegal drugs, the problem is easily and quickly solved.
Blaming innocent immigrant children does nothing at all to address the problem. Nothing at all.
sesostrus

Alexandria, VA

#11 Sep 15, 2017
JACK wrote:
<quoted text>It is the Democrats that can't grasp the concept of drug addiction and the toll it is taking on the US. These illegal immigrants are bringing in highly addictive drugs that are hooking young American women who are having children that are horribly affected not only from the drugs but also from the separation of their early lives from a mother in prison. The drug traffickers see illegal activities as a way of life to benefit themselves financially and they will stay in contact with their drop off kids to find a way into the US eventually. The crime is that Democrat's weep tears for separated immigrants while never acknowledging the damage being done by real criminals to US citizens.
I doubt that people brought here as young children and grew up were drug smugglers. On average, illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than citizens (per DOJ statistics) because they fear that arrest for minor crimes could lead to deportation.

I think everyone can agree that legal status should be granted to individuals with criminal records. How do you feel about legal status to someone with a clean record?
sesostrus

Alexandria, VA

#12 Sep 15, 2017
sesostrus wrote:
<quoted text>

I doubt that people brought here as young children and grew up were drug smugglers. On average, illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than citizens (per DOJ statistics) because they fear that arrest for minor crimes could lead to deportation.

I think everyone can agree that legal status should be granted to individuals with criminal records. How do you feel about legal status to someone with a clean record?
My error -- typo. I think we all agree that individuals with criminal records should not be granted legal status.

I see that we, as a country, have the opportunity to do something decent for people who grew up here. I don't see how anyone can morally oppose this act of kindness.
spud

East Earl, PA

#13 Sep 15, 2017
Trump is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>

WTF you talking about, Qdog. That's not the issue here. Go ahead and argue about some unrelated premise if it makes you feel better. You sound as foolish as I would if I argued how the illegal alien invasion is killing the babies of American citizens. Shake yourself dude. You're talking like a buffoon.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#14 Sep 15, 2017
sesostrus wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually the GAO says illegal aliens commit crimes at Three times the rate of citizens.
It is legal immigrants who commit crimes a a lower rate than citizen for fear of deportation.
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/...
old_moose

Since: Jun 17

Location hidden

#15 Sep 15, 2017
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You should research how many undocumented children crossed over unaccompanied after Obama announced Daca. What kind of parent allows their kids to cross the border alone, especially if the child is a girl? If you still believe ese illegals to be of good character you are insane. Putting kids at risk for exploitation and what not, these are not nice people. Obama started this mess and now Trump has to fix it.

I don't agree with deporting those current Daca recipients but no more. This insanity has gotta stop.
You don't seem to be able to grasp the issue. This isn't about kids that cross alone, so your post meant absolutely nothing, as it seems your contribution to this nation as a citizen does.
old_moose

Location hidden

#16 Sep 15, 2017
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually the GAO says illegal aliens commit crimes at Three times the rate of citizens.
It is legal immigrants who commit crimes a a lower rate than citizen for fear of deportation.
They, and you, are wrong.

http://www.politifact.com/california/statemen...
JACK

United States

#17 Sep 15, 2017
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>

Many illegal aliens are given a smack on the wrist and let go with very small fines for crimes like driving under the influence and without a license and possession of drugs. This is happening all over the US. The Democrats are concealing the fact that they are bad actors and they are trying to put them up on pedestals as thevsalt of the Earth.
old_moose

Location hidden

#18 Sep 15, 2017
JACK wrote:
<quoted text>

Many illegal aliens are given a smack on the wrist and let go with very small fines for crimes like driving under the influence and without a license and possession of drugs. This is happening all over the US. The Democrats are concealing the fact that they are bad actors and they are trying to put them up on pedestals as thevsalt of the Earth.
1Show factual proof of this happening.

Pulling your BS ideas out of your asz is not reality, pal.
JACK

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2017
old_moose wrote:
<quoted text>1Show factual proof of this happening.

Pulling your BS ideas out of your asz is not reality, pal.
They are like cockroaches when the light comes on.
No fake voters will be found either. The Democrats would have US believe they are the salt of the Earth!
old_moose

Location hidden

#20 Sep 15, 2017
JACK wrote:
<quoted text>
They are like cockroaches when the light comes on.
No fake voters will be found either. The Democrats would have US believe they are the salt of the Earth!
You seem to be more like the cockroach. I shone the light on you and you scampered away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,832,336
News #BelieveSurvivors protests erupt nationwide aga... 11 min Patriot 56
News Woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual miscon... 12 min sly mongoose 620
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min Redneck Rebel 360,231
News A 2nd woman has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexu... 15 min Thats so fetch 163
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min RW Hate Watch 106,703
News Likability of Trump, Morrisey and Manchin: WV P... 42 min Slim Pickens 18
News Trump's land of delusion 1 hr Hahahlolahah 6,338