Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 20 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#126 Feb 21, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me racist all you want, but unless you can prove any of what I said is incorrect all you are is just another liberal without a clue.
It isn't racist if it's the truth.
Making judgments of people based on their skin color IS racist, no matter how you want to spin it.

Embrace your bigotry; let everyone know what a sad sack of sh!t you are.

Tawas City, Michigan

#127 Feb 21, 2013
America1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A system of report and collect a reward might be a good option. If a citizen or other legal person suspects someone of being here illegally, report them. If the report pans out collect a reward. They do it for CPS organizations, I know b/c I work there.
Also, your cited law does not apply to illegals as they are not citizens or civilians legally residing in the states.
The law applies regardless of whom is being targeted. And unfortunately millions of hispanic US citizens would be targeted for arrest & harassment simply because of their skin color. THAT is what will make any attempt to round up the "illegals" unconstitutional- the impact on US citizens of hispanic origin.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#128 Feb 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Making judgments of people based on their skin color IS racist, no matter how you want to spin it.
Embrace your bigotry; let everyone know what a sad sack of sh!t you are.
At what point are you going to prove me wrong?

If not, STFU.
1 post removed
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#130 Feb 22, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>the trick will be mass deportation and then the guest worker program. You can rant all you want,but that's the best you can hope for in a reform.
Whatever "reforms" you envision, you'll never get, so keep dreaming, you loser!
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#131 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The law applies regardless of whom is being targeted. And unfortunately millions of hispanic US citizens would be targeted for arrest & harassment simply because of their skin color. THAT is what will make any attempt to round up the "illegals" unconstitutional- the impact on US citizens of hispanic origin.
If you are going to demean and says things about the past in America you disagree with then you better understand one of its tenets of growth also. Illegal aliens or Mexicans were used as a safety valve for many decades in America's growth. But they shut down the pipeline when the growth slowed as to wait out an economic and slowdown until the upswing began again. But when the progressives took over in a massive way in the 1960's, this policy stopped even with Repub administrations. We have been arguing and talking about enforcing existing laws and millions and millions of illegal aliens have settled here. enough now to affect the economies and the lifestyles of people in many areas. The arrangement we had before this policy worked for the United States and Mexico as it gave the Mexicans time to get their house in order. But that nation which is rich in resources is corrupted to the core and they have to blame us for their problems. Like you do. America is not growing anymore. Has not for many years. Just a currency being printed to the moon. And a world getting weary of it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#132 Feb 22, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong then asshole.
What color are the majority of the prison population? BROWN.
What color are those who commit the majority of gun violence? BROWN.
What color are the majority of welfare recipients? BROWN.
What color are those hemorrhaging over the border? BROWN.
What color are those allowed to vote despite being illegal? BROWN.
What color are those who have destroyed all the cities they have moved into? BROWN.
What color is the person purposely destroying America? BROWN.
Shall I continue?
Correlation equating causation fallacy. Do you have anything that's actually fact based?
2 posts removed

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#135 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have no problem violating the civil rights of brown skinned US citizens.
Why am I not suprised?
Funny little man. Your twice voted President is killing americans with drones without due process, but your worried about the civil rights of illegals. What a joke you are.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#136 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. The laws that have been passed forbid profilling and the constitution guarantees the protection against illegal search and seizures.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#137 Feb 22, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Prove what?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#138 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The I'd suggest you live like a poor person so as not to put a target on your back.
Just curious, do you pay all your employees the minimum $50k a year you claim everyone needs to make a decent living where you are, or do you pay them typical slave wages?
This is where we find out how much of a hypocrit you are.
I a almost twice what every other person in same fieled makes.....Know what? My business is doing twice as good as anyone else also..Know why? My employees are so happy and work so very hard that my customer service is so good people come just for that.......Any company like mine that pays its workers real good and treates them great is doing good in todays economy...WEIRD HUH????

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#139 Feb 22, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I a almost twice what every other person in same fieled makes.....Know what? My business is doing twice as good as anyone else also..Know why? My employees are so happy and work so very hard that my customer service is so good people come just for that.......Any company like mine that pays its workers real good and treates them great is doing good in todays economy...WEIRD HUH????
Yet another sign of America's strengthening economic recovery......

Tawas City, Michigan

#140 Feb 22, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point are you going to prove me wrong?
If not, STFU.
I proved you are a bigot; nothing more is needed.

Tawas City, Michigan

#141 Feb 22, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>the trick will be mass deportation and then the guest worker program. You can rant all you want,but that's the best you can hope for in a reform.
I havent't heard anyone on either side supporting mass deportation in the immigration reform. Even McCain admits that will never happen, and the Dems certainly won't vote for any bill which calls for mass deportation.

Simply not realistic.

Tawas City, Michigan

#142 Feb 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Funny little man. Your twice voted President is killing americans with drones without due process, but your worried about the civil rights of illegals. What a joke you are.
No, I clearly said I was worried about the civil rights of US CITIZENS who happen to have brown skin.

Tawas City, Michigan

#143 Feb 22, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>BS. The laws that have been passed forbid profilling and the constitution guarantees the protection against illegal search and seizures.
And we know racist cops NEVER violate the law or citizens civil rights......(eyes rolling)......

Any push to deport illegals will only ENCOURAGE those racists to harass anyone they think "looks illegal", including a lot of US citizens.

Tawas City, Michigan

#144 Feb 22, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you didn't answer the question.

Paying your employees "almost twice" what others in the same field makes doesn't mean much if the others are making minimum wage.

Do you pay your employees the $50k a year you keep claiming is necessary to live a decent life in your area?
barnes

United States

#145 Feb 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I live in Florida and you can easily see, that many of the illegals are here to do the jobs....americans just won't do, for whatever reasons....plant nursery work, fruit and vegetable harvesting and agricultural work, meat processing work....i even think the crew that reroofed my house had several illegal or undocumented workers.....they aren't necessarily here to take anyone elses jobs at all....I'm not sure many of our state's citrus growers could survive without them.....
I know right..the fact is americans doesnt wanna do the job espesialy in agricultural work..we are already see the sample ..alabama .georgia..the field is rotten and the farmer already give up...we need to be fair...lots american doesnt have job but they dont wanna do it that kind of work..i know that fact cause my friend is one of them .they just waiting for government funds.sad ..cause they think they have education and they dont wanna work hard..so for someone who say american wanna do that kind of job is builshit...for some yeah they wanna do it .but lots lots wont..
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#146 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you didn't answer the question.
Paying your employees "almost twice" what others in the same field makes doesn't mean much if the others are making minimum wage.
Do you pay your employees the $50k a year you keep claiming is necessary to live a decent life in your area?
Yes it does. My lowest level part time employees get paid $15 an hour..In an area where that field gets minimum wage. My oil changers make around 50-60k a year. My store managers make $100 k a year...All of those wages are double almost triple of others in field...

Yes I have no fulltime employee making less then 35K. That is 35K a year for being a cashier at gas station.

All other gas stations in my area the Manager doesnt make 30K....So yea I pay real real good,.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#147 Feb 22, 2013
barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know right..the fact is americans doesnt wanna do the job espesialy in agricultural work..we are already see the sample ..alabama .georgia..the field is rotten and the farmer already give up...we need to be fair...lots american doesnt have job but they dont wanna do it that kind of work..i know that fact cause my friend is one of them .they just waiting for government funds.sad ..cause they think they have education and they dont wanna work hard..so for someone who say american wanna do that kind of job is builshit...for some yeah they wanna do it .but lots lots wont..
I have known people in the shelters who wound up there because they refused to work for less than triple minimum wage, and also refused to work in any other field. If US citizens would stop being such lazy morons, we wouldn't need these immigrants to do the work they refuse to do. Someone has to clean toilets, someone has to stock the stores, even if they do have a college degree, someone has to do these jobs.

Tawas City, Michigan

#148 Feb 22, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. My lowest level part time employees get paid $15 an hour..In an area where that field gets minimum wage. My oil changers make around 50-60k a year. My store managers make $100 k a year...All of those wages are double almost triple of others in field...
Yes I have no fulltime employee making less then 35K. That is 35K a year for being a cashier at gas station.
All other gas stations in my area the Manager doesnt make 30K....So yea I pay real real good,.
Then I applaud you for living what you preach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min DEATH 1,223,395
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 9 min sarabella 1,149
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Blitzking 161,713
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min JRB 187,708
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 14 min Frankie Rizzo 59,468
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min Tourista 309,741
News 5 Reasons The American Dream Is Eluding Black P... 19 min Cheech the Conser... 1,025
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 19 min whistler 326,004
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min woodtick57 180,112
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 24 min californio 415
News Rand Paul: Societal problems in Baltimore inclu... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 135
More from around the web