Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 20 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#646 Feb 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>

you mean a true conservative and not some far right whackjob?

when will you realize the moving to the far right , by definition does not make one conservative?
Not sure I can answer your question, I don't know what a "far right whackjob is?

Does it have anything to do with sex?

#647 Feb 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>

Apparantly, you're not smart enough to know how stupid that was either...

(hint: take a look at one of your really old posts, and see how many posts it says you had made back then. then compare to todays post...)
(hint: I'm smart enough to spell "apparently" correctly and that's all I need.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#648 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem starts when the illegal aliens enter our country illegally, no matter what their reason. They're about to repossess my home, should I just go down to the bank and take the money by force to pay itNo,because its against the law.
But you conveneintly forgot to mention that it is against the law to hire illegals..why is that?

St. Croix valley

#649 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I can answer your question, I don't know what a "far right whackjob is?
Does it have anything to do with sex?
if you don't know, you probablyu are one. no, you have nothing to do with sex, i'm sure...

St. Croix valley

#650 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
(hint: I'm smart enough to spell "apparently" correctly and that's all I need.
But not enough to know that a post like that clearly shows you are in over your head...

#651 Feb 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>

But you conveneintly forgot to mention that it is against the law to hire illegals..why is that?
Simple, because if the illegal aliens stay in their own country and not ours there wouldn't be any problems

#652 Feb 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>

if you don't know, you probablyu are one. no, you have nothing to do with sex, i'm sure...
Judging from from your post I'm not sure you even know what it is either. lol

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#653 Feb 28, 2013
reacharoundtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not obviously at all, just another liberal lie, to protect the most violent savages and thugs in our society.,
Don't get me wrong, I fully 100% enthusiatically support the death penalty. In fact I think its use should be EXPANDED to start emptying out our overcrowded prisons.

My only point was it obviously is NOT a deterrent for others contemplating murder.

#654 Feb 28, 2013
that would be one "from" ! lol

#655 Feb 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>

But not enough to know that a post like that clearly shows you are in over your head...
As long as I can see the top of yours, I'm not worried. lol

Tawas City, Michigan

#656 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know its asking a lot, but "Google" is a big search engine. Could you narrow your comments down to a Link?
Thanks.
Google "Arizona e-verify compliance". It brings up a whole list of sites to choose from.

Tawas City, Michigan

#657 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Friends & relatives will also take them in."
That would be Hispanic Americans,thank you for making my point.
I never claimed otherwise.

My only issue was your assumption that because they're hispanic they all support illegals.

St. Croix valley

#658 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
that would be one "from" ! lol
What?!? not smart enough to post perfect comments?

life may not be just, but it sure is poetic!

St. Croix valley

#659 Feb 28, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, I fully 100% enthusiatically support the death penalty. In fact I think its use should be EXPANDED to start emptying out our overcrowded prisons.
My only point was it obviously is NOT a deterrent for others contemplating murder.
State sponsored murder? you realize like 90% of the people in proson are there for drug charges...so killing people for using drugs is your answer?

Tawas City, Michigan

#660 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure they're not counting the 11 million illegal aliens in the census total?
Even it that includes the illegals, that's still 39 million hispanic US citizens who will be targeted for harassment & discrimination simply because of their ancestry.

I won't tolerate that for ethnic Germans or Italians or Chinese or Indians or Kenyans or any other group of American citizens.

I simply won't.

Tawas City, Michigan

#661 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
RACISIM AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
Written by Rita Bonilla Thursday, 03 June 2010 15:02
One of the 'founders' of the Reconquista (reconquer) Movement some years
back said:
******"We call things RACISM just to get attention. We reduce
complicated problems to RACISM, not because IT IS RACISM, but because it works."******
Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant, as quoted by Richard de
Uriarte, The Phoenix Gazette, March 14, 1992 (quoted in The ProEnglish
Advocate, 1st Quarter, 2002).
http://www.lasvegastribune.com/index.php...
So what?

I can provide just as inflammatory quotes from bigots on the other side.

In fact there are many such comments made on this very thread.

STOP judging an entire class of people based on the actions of a few. THAT is what makes it prejudice & bigotry.

Tawas City, Michigan

#662 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's 6.6 million "BROWN" Mexican illegal aliens in our country.
When we had 6.6 million "White" illegal aliens in our country let me know.
The Hispanic Americans could solve the problem by calling I.C.E on the illegal aliens they know.
Till then they need to stop whining!
No, they don't. And tens of millions of white & black & brown Americans will support our fellow citizens regardless of their skin color.

When you attack one citizen because of their race/ethnicity etc, then you attack all of us.

Tawas City, Michigan

#663 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sobriety Checkpoint Laws
February 2013
Sobriety checkpoints (also called DUI checkpoints) are locations where law enforcment officers are stationed to check drivers for signs of intoxication and impairment. Many jurisdictions utilize sobriety checkpoints as part of their larger drunk driving deterrance program.
Due to legal issues surrounding their use, not all states conduct sobriety checkpoints. Some states have laws authorizing their use. Others forbid them or are silent on the issue.
Learn More About Drunk Driving
State Laws
Drunk Driving
Drug Impaired Driving
Issue Brief
Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
Related Links
States with no explicit statutory authority may or may not conduct checkpoints. In many states, the judiciary has stepped in to uphold or restrict sobriety checkpoints based on interpretation of state or federal Constitutions.
38 states, the District of Columbia, the Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands conduct sobriety checkpoints.
In 12 states, sobriety checkpoints are not conducted. Some states prohibit them by state law or Constitution (or interpretation of state law or Constitution). Texas prohibits them based on the its interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.
http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/check...
Exactly, there is disagreement on the constitutionality of those checkpoints.

While I don't want to live in a police state, I can accept checkpoints when they are related to a public safety issue such as drunk driving; as long as EVERYONE is checked and EVERYONE is treated the same if they are found to be intoxicated.

Same applies for "papers please" citizenship checks. I don't support them because I don't want to live in a police state, but I can accept the IF EVERYONE is checked and EVERYONE has to provide the exact same level of proof of citizenship (i.e. certified long form birth certificate, US passport, or enhanced drivers license) and if EVERYONE who fails to have the appropriate document on their person is treated the same (i.e. taken into custody) REGARDLESS of their race or ethnicity.

Tawas City, Michigan

#664 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So a New Mexico State Trooper stops a van with 20 Browning looking people packed in it and no one speaks broken English except the driver who has a Mexican drivers license.
???
Depends on WHY he stopped the van. Did they commit a moving violation or were their license tags expired or was their an obvious safety issue?

The trooper has to have probable cause to stop the van in the first place. Seeing a bunch of "brown people" is NOT probable cause.

Assuming he had probable cause to stop the van, then he can rightfully ask for the driver's license, registration, and insurance information. If the driver has a "mexican driver's license" and the van is packed with 20 people, then that would most likely meet the standard of probable cause.

Tawas City, Michigan

#665 Feb 28, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during
National Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =93Ka7y8XrPcXX
Illegals raise Mexican flag over Maywood
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Illegal Aliens Gang Rape Girl For 2 Days
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (42 U.S.C. 1395dd,
EMTALA) is a United States Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. It requires hospitals and
ambulance services to provide care to anyone needing emergency treatment
regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay.
Freedom of speech means anyone can burn or stomp on a US flag in protest. If you have a problem with the 1st amendment, then start a petition to change it.

Only a moron would want EMTs & ERs having to verify citizenship and/or ability to pay before providing emergency care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 1 min Just Think 56
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min DBWriter 1,223,820
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Kong_ 161,793
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 2 min ExecutiveMansionN... 3
News Ben Carson confirms presidential campaign 3 min Cath League of Du... 35
News Who Would Jesus Deport? (Jul '14) 4 min swedenforever 24
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 5 min Spaulding Smails 486
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Free Speech 180,214
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 43 min Valerie 326,082
More from around the web