Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal...

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 879 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#581 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop disgracing the state of Michigan with your racism.
The simple fact is minorities are much more likely to be stopped while driving than white people. That's why they call it "driving while black".
And every driver is required to show a drivers license when pulled over regardless of their skin color.
Now go crawl back in that hole you came out of and die.
My, my, my, didn't you change your tune.
I seem to remember you liberals bitching and moaning about how it wasn't fair that brown people had to "show their papers" when pulled over.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#582 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would agree we fully enforce our murder laws, and yet that doesn't stop people from killing each other anyways.
As the Arizona example demonstrates, it's not realistic to enforce some laws if the people simply refuse to comply. To use your example, do you think it's realistic to expect the police to pull over & ticket everyone going 5mph over the speed limit? Would that even be an appropriate use of resources & money?
So again I'll ask, would you attempt to shut down the 57% of businesses (corrected total) in Arizona who refuse to comply with their mandatory e-verify law?
The AZ example clearly shows they are not enforcing the law at all. that is all it shows.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#583 Feb 27, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, my, didn't you change your tune.
I seem to remember you liberals bitching and moaning about how it wasn't fair that brown people had to "show their papers" when pulled over.
No, we NEVER objected to the DRIVER having to show his/her driver's license regardless of their color.

What we DO object to is demanding proof of citizenship of someone just because of the color of their skin.

If you want to stop every person & every car and ask for the same level of proof of citizenship- i.e. a certified long form birth certificate or a US passport- that's fine. I still don't want to live in that kind of police state, but as long as EVERYONE has to provide the same level of proof and EVERYONE who fails is detained regardless of their skin color, then I can live with it.

Gee, now I wonder how many white people carry around a certified long form copy of their birth certificate or a US passport? We better start building a LOT more detention cells......

Tawas City, Michigan

#584 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>The AZ example clearly shows they are not enforcing the law at all. that is all it shows.
And why is that?

Is it because the state doesn't actually WANT to enforce it?

Or is it because so many businesses refused to comply that they literally CAN'T enforce it.

You STILL won't answer what you would do to enforce it. Send in federal troops to shut the businesses down?

St. Croix valley

#585 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And why is that?
Is it because the state doesn't actually WANT to enforce it?
Or is it because so many businesses refused to comply that they literally CAN'T enforce it.
You STILL won't answer what you would do to enforce it. Send in federal troops to shut the businesses down?
All a state would need to do is proclaim that they are seriously going to enforce it, show a reasonable plan on how they would, and then miraculously, the businesses will start following the law instead of getting their business licenses taken away...

very simple.

i think you are correct, the state, and many others don't really want to enforce it. they give lip service to being against illegal immigration, but they would rather have the short term gain of the cheap labor and have the rest of the nation pick up the tab for the cost of this shadow society they created.
conservative crapola

Zionhill, PA

#586 Feb 27, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
You low information frightwing drones were coerced into voting for that severely con fella. I'm starting to like fux for doing America so many favors.....morris, rover, ailes. The perfect model for getting Democrats elected.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#587 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Racists always feel free to spew their racist crap, though most do it wearing their pointy white sheets; that's part of what makes you a racist.
Well you must consider that when a boy that wore a shirt with an American Flag and a rifle was suspended from school, you have to wonder if someone showed up in a sheet, pointy hat and with two eye holes would create a stir. We know if a boy wore a dress, nothing would be said, even if he went in the girls bathroom.

St. Croix valley

#588 Feb 27, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well you must consider that when a boy that wore a shirt with an American Flag and a rifle was suspended from school, you have to wonder if someone showed up in a sheet, pointy hat and with two eye holes would create a stir. We know if a boy wore a dress, nothing would be said, even if he went in the girls bathroom.
posted by Au Contrair to me just a bit ago...just an example of Au Contrair's/Le Jimbo's thinking capabilities...

"Speaking of radical, on July 9, 2012 you had 21,767 post, today February 27, 2013 you have 21,768 post..........after posting 20 post a day. Don't you find that magical? One post in basically a year, but posting 20 times that. Just what kind of superduper ACORN spam site do you operate from."

Tawas City, Michigan

#589 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>All a state would need to do is proclaim that they are seriously going to enforce it, show a reasonable plan on how they would, and then miraculously, the businesses will start following the law instead of getting their business licenses taken away...
very simple.
i think you are correct, the state, and many others don't really want to enforce it. they give lip service to being against illegal immigration, but they would rather have the short term gain of the cheap labor and have the rest of the nation pick up the tab for the cost of this shadow society they created.
Really?

So you're saying Arizona & Alabama & Mississippi passed their mandatory e-verify law with the intention of not seriously enforcing it and no plan to do so?

Then what makes you think a national e-verify law which would still be enforced by the states be any different in their dedication to compliance?

If anything, I'd think a law forced on the states by Congress would likely have even LESS motivation by the states.

Okay, so we agree the states really don't WANT to deal with the illegal hiring problem. Then a national e-verify law wouldn't do anything to resolve the illegals problem.

So again we're back to border enforcement being the best option.

Tawas City, Michigan

#590 Feb 27, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Well you must consider that when a boy that wore a shirt with an American Flag and a rifle was suspended from school, you have to wonder if someone showed up in a sheet, pointy hat and with two eye holes would create a stir. We know if a boy wore a dress, nothing would be said, even if he went in the girls bathroom.
I'm sure the Klan outfit would be widely accepted in the confederacy without a fuss at all; he'd probably be elected prom king.

Btw, a boy was just recently banned from going to the prom because he wanted to wear a dress, so I guess you'd be wrong on that account as well.(but nice try)
Boo Hooo

Ironton, OH

#591 Feb 27, 2013
Majority on it's way out,let the crying begin....

St. Croix valley

#592 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So you're saying Arizona & Alabama & Mississippi passed their mandatory e-verify law with the intention of not seriously enforcing it and no plan to do so?
Then what makes you think a national e-verify law which would still be enforced by the states be any different in their dedication to compliance?
If anything, I'd think a law forced on the states by Congress would likely have even LESS motivation by the states.
Okay, so we agree the states really don't WANT to deal with the illegal hiring problem. Then a national e-verify law wouldn't do anything to resolve the illegals problem.
So again we're back to border enforcement being the best option.
That may not have been the plan, but that is reality. tough to argue against reality.

Why did AZ pass their own law a decade ago saying you would lose your business license if caught hiring illegal workers? they haven't enforced it at all.

yup, tough to argue with reality...
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#593 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we NEVER objected to the DRIVER having to show his/her driver's license regardless of their color.
What we DO object to is demanding proof of citizenship of someone just because of the color of their skin.
If you want to stop every person & every car and ask for the same level of proof of citizenship- i.e. a certified long form birth certificate or a US passport- that's fine. I still don't want to live in that kind of police state, but as long as EVERYONE has to provide the same level of proof and EVERYONE who fails is detained regardless of their skin color, then I can live with it.
Gee, now I wonder how many white people carry around a certified long form copy of their birth certificate or a US passport? We better start building a LOT more detention cells......
Like hell you didn't.

That's quite some mental gymnastics you're executing right now.

Let's get this straight (if possible), if an illegal gets pulled over and is asked to see ID that's wrong, but if this same illegal gets pulled over and is asked for a driver's license which will state the same information that's okay?

What's the fucking difference?

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#594 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>posted by Au Contrair to me just a bit ago...just an example of Au Contrair's/Le Jimbo's thinking capabilities...
"Speaking of radical, on July 9, 2012 you had 21,767 post, today February 27, 2013 you have 21,768 post..........after posting 20 post a day. Don't you find that magical? One post in basically a year, but posting 20 times that. Just what kind of superduper ACORN spam site do you operate from."
WHITE HOUSE BLAMES BIG SIS FOR ALIEN RELEASE ……again, nothing Is Obama’s fault.

Ok, there is blame.......Has Obama called for her to resign for over stepping her authority.....

St. Croix valley

#595 Feb 27, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Like hell you didn't.
Let's get this straight (if possible), if an illegal gets pulled over and is asked to see ID that's wrong, but if this same illegal gets pulled over and is asked for a driver's license which will state the same information that's okay?
What you don't seem to understand about your own country..(i'm assuming your acitizen, though you seem to not know much about your own nation, so let's just give you the benfit of the doubt and call you a very poor citizen that can't be bothered to do your civic duty and know about your gov't...)is that it is illegal to stop people without just cause.

would you care to research which part of our (your?) constitution this ruling comes from? would care for me to teach you for a small tutorial fee?

St. Croix valley

#596 Feb 27, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>WHITE HOUSE BLAMES BIG SIS FOR ALIEN RELEASE ……again, nothing Is Obama’s fault.
Ok, there is blame.......Has Obama called for her to resign for over stepping her authority.....
now you're just rambling incoherently, Jimbo...kinda rattled for some reason?

Tawas City, Michigan

#597 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>That may not have been the plan, but that is reality. tough to argue against reality.
Why did AZ pass their own law a decade ago saying you would lose your business license if caught hiring illegal workers? they haven't enforced it at all.
yup, tough to argue with reality...
My point exactly.

The reality is the states don't WANT to enforce bans on hiring illegals and the businesses don't WANT to stop hiring them.

So where does that leave your plan to solve our illegal immigration problem by just enforcing employment bans?

To use your analogy, how effective is your treament when the doctor doesn't really want to prescribe the medication and the patient refuses to take the full course?

St. Croix valley

#598 Feb 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly.
The reality is the states don't WANT to enforce bans on hiring illegals and the businesses don't WANT to stop hiring them.
So where does that leave your plan to solve our illegal immigration problem by just enforcing employment bans?
To use your analogy, how effective is your treament when the doctor doesn't really want to prescribe the medication and the patient refuses to take the full course?
When they realize this is the only way to solve the problem they will.

it may come that they truly realize the cost, in both dollars and human suffering, of having this shadow society among us thus causing them to actually enforce the laws they have...

either way, we know know that they pass laws that they don't intend to enforce. we know enforcing the laws would work. what else do you need to know about this issue?

Tawas City, Michigan

#599 Feb 27, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Like hell you didn't.
Then it should be simple for you to point out the post where I opposed the police asking anyone for their driver's license?

The difference is that a valid state-issued driver's license is required by law to be on your person in order to operate a motor vehicle on public roads; proof of citizenship is NOT.

You DO realize a driver's license is NOT proof of citizenship, right?

As of Jan 2013, only 13 states meet the Real ID requirements, and and only 4 state issue enhanced driver's licenses which ARE proof of citizenship. Care to guess how many of those states are along the southern border? NONE.

So to review, asking the driver for a driver's license- okay.
Asking for proof of citizenship- not okay.
Chicago_American

Midlothian, IL

#600 Feb 27, 2013
I don't know if anyone realizes this or not, but there is an upside to 'legalizing' the 20 MILLION + south of civilization illegal mex in our country.

Even though they WILL use (1) of their many fake identities to qualify for shamnesty it willbecome THE (1) identity they will have to pay taxes with, register for a drivers license with and anyone who now hires them will now get to charge them for their medical, dental, SS tax, Obammy-care-tax, payroll tax and everything else actual Americans have to pay for.

AND, AND .. all those traitor liberal scum who hire them to do their lawns, care for their kids, cook for them and work on their houses will now have to send the ex-illegal mex a 1099 and make them pay OUR government the lion share of their low-skilled wages or face American fines and go to jail for non-compliance and tax fraud. There will likely be more mexicans in prison AFTER the king is done than when they were illegals.

In short, in case any American (non-lib) needs something positive to come out of this Black King's traitorous agenda it is that these 20 million + illegal mex will be in a world of $hit when they finally have to become legal and pay through the arse for everything just like an American.

I can't Wait for the fallout. I'm going to laugh my arse off!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min June VanDerMark 320,035
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Dr Vincent Boombatz 41,997
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Joy 1,641,987
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min iamcuriousnow 14,127
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 5 min Faith 198
News Donald Trump pauses for a water break 13 min Trump is a joke 125
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... 13 min inbred Genius 95
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 17 min inbred Genius 241
More from around the web