Seas rise, Fla. GOP leaders balk at climate change

Jun 7, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KIMA

On a recent afternoon, Scott McKenzie watched torrential rains and a murky tide swallow the street outside his dog-grooming salon.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

Fleas rise? Must be democrats around.
What a crock.
The ice is so thick in Antarctica, the Polar bears are starving because the seals are making their breathing holes too far away. That is where the bears feed.
Research it and stop being stupid for Obama. Please.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

Must be an ADD sufferer.
1 post removed

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

what a load of horseshlt.
there's ankle deep water EVERTWHERE in south florida after a heavy rain!
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

While national real estate prices still have long recoveries from the depression, Florida prices struggle even more, numerous Florida real estates at nearly half the national recovery.

Can't help when buyers see sewage mixed with sea water running in the streets in front of purchase possibilities.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

eighthgrader wrote:
The ice is so thick in Antarctica, the Polar bears are starving because the seals are making their breathing holes too far away. That is where the bears feed.
Did research years before you looked up sleazy slimy steenking toxic AGW denier liar oil, coal, re-pubic-lick-un propaganda PEE-R.

Airliners have such long range now, Polar Bears can buy a ticket & travel from the Arctic, all the way to the Antarctic now? I didn't know that.

But if "eighthgrader" is talking Arctic conditions, present early JUNE sea ice extent is less than JULY 1980 extent. Also, early JUNE 2014 sea ice VOLUME is less than early JULY sea ice VOLUME average for the 1980's.

"eighthgrader" needs to retake eighth grade. Of course, it never got any science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in a poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Yep2

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2014

Judged:

Anyone who has been to the Florida Keys knows this story is garbage.

The Keys are small nearly flat islands but none of them have gone underwater.

This is Charlie Crist campaign propaganda - no way is that little orange turd going to be elected.
Obamacare KILLED my Mom

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2014

Eighth grade drop out wrote:
What a crock.
Yes.
Take your own advise and research it.
There are no Polar Bears in Antartica.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

Judged:

As climate change eats away at the sea ice covering the North Pole, Arctic nations are fishing for secrets in East-West spy games echoing Cold War rivalries. The military dimension remains important, but this time there's an economic aspect, too: getting a leg up in the competition for potential oil and gas resources, along with newly accessible shipping lanes and fishing waters.

Even before the Ukraine crisis put a chill on cooperation between Russia and the West in the Arctic— joint military exercises have been suspended and Canada skipped a meeting of an Arctic environmental task force in Moscow in April —Western nations in the region accused Russia and China of launching cyber-attacks and other espionage operations.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/06/11/3013...

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Judged:

Global warming = scam
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Judged:

sneaked its peter wrote:
Global warming = scam
"sneaked its peter" = scum
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Judged:

Obamacare KILLED my Mom wrote:
There are no Polar Bears in Antartica.
Have you considered that airliners have such great range now, that a Polar Bear can buy a ticket to get from the Arctic to the Antarctic WITHOUT a stop over?
Yep2

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Judged:

There's what is known as the Overseas Highway and Highway of the Sea.

It goes 127 miles from the Florida mainland to Key West.

There are little pancakes called "keys" linking that road.

If any of them went underwater we'd hear all kinds of unholy, because all the traffic would stop if the smallest key went underwater.

Heard about any keys going underwater?

Global warming is a hoax.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

"About 10 years ago, when a graduate student in my class on international research statistics wrote a required analysis of any peer-reviewed study in the field, she chose a journal article on some aspect of climate science. Her paper reported data and conclusions about human-induced global warming that were so weak and illogical in their own terms that I gave her a poor grade, noting: "You can’t have read this study carefully." She protested, and brought me the article, and indeed I saw that one of the most respected names in climate science and climate policy was writing flights of fancy and getting them published in refereed journals."

"I feel like I am watching the modern version of Phrenology, the racist "science" of skull shape that permeated academia and public opinion about Africans and Africa-Americans throughout the 19th century in Europe and white America. That conventional wisdom conveniently justified colonialism and segregation as systems in which intelligent and benevolent whites ruled colored people. And it pains me to see climate hysteria spread, because Africans again could pay the price."

Progressive Anti-War Professor Rossiter: "Leftists are trying to use global warming as a 'giant lever'...they are expending resources on what is certainly a non-solution to what is most likely a non-problem."

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/06/12/fired-...

It is not common knowledge, but the leadership of the anti-war movement in the 70s debated about the future of their ability to keep hold of the massive populist support they had achieved, as the Vietnam War came to a close. Debating in such magazines as Ramparts and Seven Days, they concluded the way to keep control of that constituency was to focus on the environment, whereupon we had an explosion of environmental activist groups, who spent decades refining their scare propaganda and ultimately betrayed their donors by hiding their funding of two party homosexuals in their yearly reports.

David Horowitz, at Frontpagemag.com and elsewhere used to edit Ramparts and has an insider's view of the perfidy and insanity ruling the Leftist propaganda machine.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

carey529 wrote:
what a load of horseshlt.
there's ankle deep water EVERTWHERE in south florida after a heavy rain!
Find FL in this:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/ris...

Be careful.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

The Polar Bear is suffering hoax follows the same false, manufactured science routine of the global warming extremists. Every single claim of the polar bears being stressed and dying, etc. have been proven false and the claimants have periodically exposed how criminal they are in their manipulation of data and areas researched.

Polar Bears are thriving. There is and never has been any emergency. They scammed people for money and are still doing it.

http://polarbearscience.com/
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Judged:

The AGW idiots are totally ignorant of the geography and sub-strata of Florida. Very many building sites are results of land fills over many decades to trick retirees into moving there. The sea water has always been very close to the surface of the land and Florida depends on aquifers situated far away for much of its fresh water. There has long been the problem of sea water replacing the fresh water supplies because too many people are using the water. That is NOT a climate change issue.

Just more scare tactics from the dishonest Left.
Yep2

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Polar bears up the ying ding in Alaska.

The ice cap could disappear and there'd still be a gazillion of them on the mainland.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2014

Be about 10-20 years before the brown stuff hits the fan.

Meanwhile....

“You know, about a third of America ... doesn’t believe [in] climate change. That’s a sure market to sell to.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/09/3742641...

I think we have a few potential waterfront property buyers here.
3 posts removed
Boss Hogg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Eighthman wrote:
What a crock.
This is about the GOP. Stick to the subject, dumbkoff.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Boss Hogg wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about the GOP. Stick to the subject, dumbkoff.
Clue? They must suffer from ADD.

These deniers have no idea how dumb they look to the rest of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min wtf 146,969
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min wondering 113,112
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 43 min Henkes 14
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,066
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Subliminal 52,875
Behavioral health building planned 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
3Indian American woman mistaken at hearing as a... 1 hr Responsibility 6
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Quirky 245,712
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr XYZ 1,083,049
•••
•••